DirecTV Cancelled & Reported to Collections
Had DirecTV for 6 years.The reason I cancelled is because of their High Definition scam.
I received these so called 80+ channels. Without notice, they turned a bunch of them (the popular ones) into pay channels. They told me they posted it on their website. I told them I am never on the website, how about an email, or phone call.
They had no answer for that one. So I decided to cancel my service and use my local cable provider. I called to pay my past due and prorate charge, they told me that I could not, and that when you cancel, it would be automatically withdrawn. Well 2 months later, I received a call from collections agency for a "past due balance"?!?
When confronting Directv supervisor, thay said I have to write a letter (no phone #) to dispute my bill. I think they do this to add late charges to your account.
They are one of the largest scam artists when it comes to cancelling services.review #118622
You may also like
- "Amy Mcquaig & Mary Mcquaig of Jacksonville, FL are operating a talent management & fashion business. Ranging from portfolio building (photography) to entertainment etiquette training, their business is supposed to..."
- " I stupidly signed up for rhapsody's 30 day trial. I wanted to see if the service would allow me to download music for my iPod. I we unable..."
- "I have had different services provide my cable throughout the years that I have lived in my home. My first satellite company installed a dish on my roof about..."
- "Washed my comfort just bought and it fail apart..."
- "I had an almost welldone penny found in a bag of frito lay bag of chips I purchase. The thought of this penny before it was cooked with some chips I..."
- "What $99 Special? Quote tool tells me it's under their $100 minimum. What a joke! A call to their 800 number was useless - calltaker had no knowledge of..."
- " Inline Tile and Stone, license #789209, (aka Inline Kitchen and Bath), both owned by Duane Borad, charged me over $80,000 for shoddy work, incomplete work, and then..."
- "Our couches "real" leather started to flake. When we called to get it fixed Rooms to Go informed us that our warranty had expired about 2 weeks prior and they..."
- "Brand new top of the line $1300 dryer and it develops rust within 2 months. Probably the rust developed much sooner. Afterall why would you check for rust in..."