DIRECTV Scammed Me

Issue not resolved
Dec 07, 2011
review #279936

DIRECTV gave me free NFL Sunday Ticket To Go (without my authorization) last year.Then this year they decided to bill me for it at $10 per month.

I didn't even know what the service was (it allows you to watch football games on your laptop) until I called them. The rep from DIRECTV was very nice but informed me that this is their mode of operation....give it free unbeknownst to the customer, then charge you later.

I would stay away from DIRECTV, I was a customer since 2001 and never missed a payment...I truly feel betrayed by the company that I always stood up for when people told me to switch to Comcast.

be11afd
Had an experience with Directv?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
DishMan

Dec 11, 2011

Have no fear people, DISHMAN IS HERE!!!! Send me your statements, your complaints, your tears of sorrow. I will personally take your Dish, and shove it in the a-s-s-e-s of the CEO's created a new dish.....BROWN DISH!!! Get over 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 channels all about butt games, s-h-i-t, a-n-a-l p-lay and shi-tting on people HAHAHA! DISHMAN!!!!!

Roslyn

Dec 11, 2011

I have joined the hate Direct TV. I have found the same complaints as below. I purchased it at Sam's Club and shame on them for allowing this dishonest company in their store.

shouldhavereadthestatement09

Dec 09, 2011

This happened to me too. The deal is that I signed up for the "Superfan" years ago to get the eight game split screen channel, $100 for the season, $16 a month/five months. Then in 2009 they rolled the split screen into the Sunday Ticket, raised that price $50/season, and bundled all of the mobile apps into a new package, "NFL Sunday ticket T0-Go", $49.95/season, $9.99/month five months. If you were a Superfan subscriber they auto-enrolled you in the "To-Go" package whether you wanted it or not. I don't own any of the devices necessary to use the service, so why in the World would I ever buy it? The rep I talked to insisted that the To-Go and Superfan were the same. They clearly are not, but I could not convince him of this. The difference in price is only $1.51/month five months, so unless your really paying attention your not going to notice. When you buy sports packs like I do, the bills fluctuate constantly because of overlaps. I pay online, so I don't get a statement. Like a lazy boy, I haven't bothered looking at my online statement in years. I would never have known about this but for a hiccup with their tele-pay system when I paid my bill at the last minute in November. I contacted my State's Attorney Generals Office, Division of Consumer Affairs, informing them of this blatant rip-off. I also filed a complaint with the Directv office of the President, informing them of the above, including my contact with AG. I got my money back right away. Shocking I... Show more

Satan

Dec 08, 2011

You'll find a boatload of complaints against Comcast here also. And Dish TV. And HughesNet. And all the others.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Directv.
Filing a new complaint about
×