Former Directv Employee Speaking Out

I'm definitely feeling those who's had problems with Directv.WORKING for this company was an absolute nightmare!

I personally went through 9 straight wks of training & once you get on the floor, its a completely different ballgame. The Team Leaders literally would tell us to forget everything we learned in training, & the Quality Assurance team were complete douchebags when they monitored calls. They definitely had their favorites, and would target certain people to get rid of them. From an insider's perspective, they deserved the "F" from the BBB!!!

To make a long story short, I got the *** out of there & now am so much happier & stress free!!!!

Beware of the Early cancel fees for the account, premium removals before 30 days, and having the protection plan for less than 1 year.I refuse to EVER work for another shady company like them again!!!

More Review Details

Helpful? 64 Yes 64 178 No 178
Had the same issue 42 Yes 42
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Trouble

Jun 13 #994859 Missoula, Montana

I work fir directv and I'm a bgi agent yes days are hard and some people are hard to deal with, but you don't know their life or their story. Point is I love my job training is not like the floor but you learn so much more on the floor and training can only prep you for what you took in. I love my team lead and this company!

0 0 Reply

Feb 28 #952340 Tulsa, Oklahoma

I've worked for Directv almost 3 years, the first year was a little hard. But since then it is pretty good job, decent pay for a callcenter job. Monthly bonuses of $150 to over $350 every month. Three pay raises in the first 2 1/2 year ( one of over $1.25 an hour) . Free Directv package with premium channels and a free DVR. Contests , prizes and more. I have won gifts about every 3 months. The training is top ranked , the supervisors are pretty good and excellent opportunity for promotion. I do think this is a good job for someone who does not have a college degree. Lots of room for advancement but lots of competition for the jobs.

5 2 Reply

Nov 21, 2014 #904014

I loved working for Directv and thougjt they were a great company... Until i got fired. I was a top performing tech for 2 years. Then i jumped to a different site and did things different then them and was suspended 3 days for an investigation. Turns out i had been doing pole mounts wrong. I explained that my OJT had taught me that way and it hadnt been an issue for 2 years. My OJT was not certified per company policy. My 3 day suspension turned into 5 days without a callback or notice. When they termed me, it was by my sup and not hr or the manager. Sup didnt know any of the info? HR was closed for the day! My last check took two weeks!!!

0 0 Reply
number1brownsfan

Nov 09, 2014 #897747 Youngstown, Ohio

Lets look at this logically, most people that complain are sore for some reason or another. I have been working for Directv for about 1 year now in the Movers department. Nothing you have said has ANY merit. Training was very detailed ( showing that the company cares about employees and it's customers) after training you are placed on the floor for one month where they help you to succeed, letting you know where you made mistakes instead of yelling at you and penalizing you. They have several programs that enable you to be successful as well as great benefits and bonus structures. On the down side they do change schedules (hours and days) too often and don't have certain perks that other big companies offer. Over all this company is great to work for, honest with employees and customers ( customers don't read their agreements only the flashy bits).

7 2 Reply
dontBeaBitch

Nov 08, 2014 #897078 Missoula, Montana

Dint be a ***! I work there also and it is completely different than what you're saying. Why you being a *** baby about it?

0 3 Reply
white

Sep 28, 2014 #876783

I worked for direct tv for over 6 years. This is one of the best call centers I have ever worked for. I worked ace for 1 year and 5 years in crg, which is one of the hardest call types you can have. The managers at our call center set you up to succeed. Leaving directv was my decision, because I became a full time student. I would never change the experience that I have had during the time I was there.

5 1 Reply
Lady28

Sep 22, 2014 #873624

I enjoyed working for Directv. The company was amazing beyond belief the did so much for the community and really cared about their employees. It's not in all about what you get from your team leads it's what you put in your performance. If you change your mindset you can change your experience. The people I meet was amazing and they showed they cared. Directv has structure that you won't find in other call centers. They have so many tools and resources that help you to perform better as a representative.

4 1 Reply
Imaspecialagent

Sep 12, 2014 #869048

I was an sp agent which handle most all call types the job itself was great as far as inbound call centers go it was the point system that got me they didn't allow you to use any of that great earned pto also no uto because of the service levels so if u had a life outside of dtv u were toast ...I had some family emergencies and they were constantly adding mandatory ot the incentives were great just hard to work your life around it also dealing with most of the customers there kind of made me get really short really fast...it's just TV people calm down.

1 0 Reply

Aug 30, 2014 #863396

I am an ACE 2.0 agent for DirecTv currently and I am dumbfounded by some of the comments I have been reading on here...You have to be an *** to get fired from this job simply because not only do they run off a 12 point system for absences ( that you can earn back when you lose them just by showing up on time for a month) they also give you TWO non payed leave days a MONTH that do not count against your points not to mention the earned payed time off or the 40 cent raise every six months for good attendence...secondly they pay well and give monthly commission bonuses and do daily drawings for awesome prizes, this girl walked out the other day with a ps4 and another with a 70" vizio
HD TV, they are also giving away gift cards left and right and will supply you with awesome shirts, pens, lanyards and other things from all kinds of great shows like Game Of Thrones, Shameless, True Blood etc....they give you DirecTv service for basically free ( receiver fee's still apply for employee's) and being a DirecTv subscriber prior to the job i can tell you that NOT having to pay almost $150 to have all the good channels has been another excellent bonus... I guess some people just can't handle being cussed at on the phone by angry customers but really is it that hard to realize that its not personal and that you have the ability right in front of you to change that persons outlook..

7 2 Reply
Blessed 2015

Mar 12 #957618

I am a new employee and I am totally disappointed in being hired then doing all you can to succeed only to be led out door do to high metrics. ... even led into signing up for free service then shortly facing termination! A better system must be enforced.
I find too much greed in these situations. I understand one must perform but to be put in these situations is not viable. All I know is I can be thankful of the opportunity and The Lord will continue to grace me .
Also too much competition against others when one should be in unison.

manoga

Aug 28, 2014 #862737 Diamondhead, Mississippi

Very mature northTECH..... lol. My daughter was hired and recieved 2 days of training and fired before she even got a chance! Oh but both supervisors gave her a different story as to why she was fired. Talk about unprofessional. U succeeded there with ur attitude so that says a lot!

Feb 28 #952342 Tulsa, Oklahoma

First of all Training is several weeks, and I would look into why your daughter was fired. We had a guy fired during our training class also... why ? He was dealing drugs during his break. This a great job. If your daughter worked for Directv you would know this.

Upgrade King

Jul 19, 2014 #842772 Huntington, West Virginia

Im in ACE,I've never had any issues.I love being in sales.Your set up to succeed, customer s always have promos on premiums and tons of free equipment upgrades to the Genies,we bundle too.I make great hourly pay and my monthly bonus is awesome.By far the best CSR job I've ever had.If u don't like being on the phone for DTV I'd recommend getting a different career.

2 0 Reply
NEEZY87

Jul 15, 2014 #840945 Nampa, Idaho

YEAH I GOT PUT IN ACE 2.0 AND ONCE YOU NUMBERS ARE HIGH (SALES) THEY MONITOR MORE CALLS I GOT WRITIN UP FOR MISSING TWO DISCLOSURES ON PREMIUMS OUT OF THE 195 I SOLD IN A MONTH. THEY WOULD TEACH YOU ONE THING IN TRAINING THAT WAS WRONG IN OJT, THEN WHAT WAS TAUGHT IN OJT WAS WRONG IN NESTING PLUS ITS LIKE WORKING AT THE ZOO WITH THE HURD OF OVERWEIGHT PEOPLE. PROLLY WHY THE BOISE SITE ITS OWN WATERING HOLE IN THE ENTRANCE.

0 1 Reply

Feb 28 #952343 Tulsa, Oklahoma

You should lean English "Prolly" is not a real word.

2 1 Reply
JJ69hurr

Apr 10 #970565

Should he "lean" English?

3 0 Reply
northTECH

May 30, 2014 #822172 Grand Forks, North Dakota

OK, I HAVE SAY HERE A READ ALL THESE CRYING LITTLE BOYS COMPLAIN ABOUT HOW BAD DIRECTV IS. THE TRUTH IS YOU ARE JUDGED AND BASED ON YOUR OWN MERIT. THESE FOOLS THAT CAN'T MANAGE TO WORK FOR ONE OF THE MOST LAID BACK CARING COMPANY'S I HAVE EVEN BEEN A PART, ARE DOOM TO ASKING WOULD YOU LIKE FRIES WITH THAT. I DON'T KNOW OF ANY OTHER JOBS YOU CAN MAKE $60K YOUR 2ND YEAR WITH OUT A COLLAGE DEGREE. I WORK DIRECTLY FOR CORPORATE, I'M NOT A SUB-CONTRACTOR. SO BEFORE ANYONE PUTS ANY STOCK INTO WHAT THESE MOUTH BREATHERS ARE SAYING DO FUTURE RESEARCH BECAUSE THIS IS IN NO WAY AN ACCURATE DESCRIPTION OF THIS COMPANY.

6 3 Reply

Apr 11 #970897

I worked at Directv for over a yr as tech support and it was the lowest paying, highest stress, micro managing jobs I've ever had and I was only part time! I am so glad I got out and am now working an IT job that I love. It's a good stating point but there's no way I'd ever make a career out of it. The job sucked and I don't care what anyone else says plus I couldn't even take advantage of the free dtv service cause of trees blocking the signal in my area but that's ok because I love my roku way better than any cable or satellite service

2 0 Reply
dtv tech support

Mar 18, 2014 #796279

I am a Protection plan tech support CSR for dtv and I like the job I just don't like how the customer call and get all pissed off when we have to send someone or when they have to do troubleshooting in order to get their free replacement. And the 6 weeks of training was pretty intense.

SANDOVALSUCKS

Feb 02, 2014 #781319

IF YOU WORK AT COSTA MESA CALIFORNIA SITE THIS IS THE WORST SITE OF DIRECTV EVER. SPECIALLY THE MANAGER JOSE SANDOVAL!!! :p

3 4 Reply

1-20 of 76 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×

You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Directv. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Directv.
Filing a new complaint about