Former Directv Employee Speaking Out

I'm definitely feeling those who's had problems with Directv.WORKING for this company was an absolute nightmare!

I personally went through 9 straight wks of training & once you get on the floor, its a completely different ballgame. The Team Leaders literally would tell us to forget everything we learned in training, & the Quality Assurance team were complete douchebags when they monitored calls. They definitely had their favorites, and would target certain people to get rid of them. From an insider's perspective, they deserved the "F" from the BBB!!!

To make a long story short, I got the *** out of there & now am so much happier & stress free!!!!

Beware of the Early cancel fees for the account, premium removals before 30 days, and having the protection plan for less than 1 year.I refuse to EVER work for another shady company like them again!!!

Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 66 Yes 66 178 No 178
Had the same issue 43 Yes 43
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Mar 10 #1124866

The person who wrote that statement is just mad because they think they know it all and Noone has the right to tell them what they can and can't do they are lazy and do not reflect the feelings of 99% of the fine men and women that work for directv. this person would rather complain about a job and quit and lay around and let us working folks pay for their life while they get food stamps and Medicaid

Feb 03 #1105805

My boyfriend is working for Direct TV right now. He wants to quit but he doesn't want to be screwed on the $700 they owe him. Well they owe him $300 for last weeks jobs (which he will be paid on Friday for) and another $700 for this weeks jobs (which he will be paid for next Friday). If he quits, will they take his money?

JB

Jan 20 #1098168

Good for you! It's nice to hear from an actual former employee - everything that I've been thinking about them from personal experience. They're terrible! Internet tv - way to go!!

iveymarie

Dec 22, 2015 #1082531

Horrible business practices..very unfair...they took all of my money in my bank account without any notice at all... I am disputing this with my bank and also reporting to BBB.. Not ok...horrible company to deal with.

Kaat

Mar 21 #1131719

It's literally in your contract that if you sign up for DTV, you need a CC or debit which will stay on file for the duration of your service and WILL be debited if you leave the company with fees on your account. Read your *** contract.

Dec 06, 2015 #1074770

I work at the directv call center in boise. The journey so far has been epically amazing. Yes training is a little short but a lot of the information is learned on the phones. There is about 4500 pages of information and policy. A lot to learn. I go to work with the mentality of it being just like school. Constantly learning something new everyday. The support from work peers is incredible. The only time that this is a bad experience is when you don't try something new as far as call handling as in not applying the advice that is passed along. The other aspect is when you don't have patience with yourself. Not every job is meant for everyone or at least it may not be everyone's passion. Avoid making the call a transaction, the calls are meant to be conversations. Anyone with good interpersonal skills, interpretation, soft skills and a want to genuinely help people can do this job. This company takes care of all of its employees and it's customer data base. I along with thousands and thousands of employees are proud to stand by att and directv alike. Enough said

5 6 Reply

Mar 09 #1124625

I also work in ACE at the DirecTV in Boise and I second everything said above. It has been an amazing job in an insanely positive atmosphere, with support in your peers and leaders alike. We strive to make the best of every call with every customer and to provide high quality television for people across the U.S.

Jul 18 #1186596 Pretoria, Gauteng

The only complaint I've ever had with DTV is that when I called for technical support, or any service I always got the wrong person to talk to. I had many problems in my first 2 years with them that I finally dropped them. When I returned to DTV last week it started out good, but the promised 3 months of free premium channels never loaded into my DVR and when I called to inquire today the same old merry go round of talking to the wrong agent in the wrong department started up again! And then a miracle occurred and someone connected me to the ACE Department. A man named Tye in the ACE Dept fixed the problem immediately, and from now on I'll ask for that department when I call DTV.

Sep 24, 2015 #1038363

I worked for Dtv for 5 years and you seriously do not realize how good you have it compared to other companies. What company is going to give you ALL THE *** CHANNELS FOR FREE WITH NO CONTRACT? And monthly bonuses and a pension? I worked for Verizon and they didn't give us any of that. Verizon blows.

4 5 Reply
Trouble

Jun 13, 2015 #994859 Missoula, Montana

I work fir directv and I'm a bgi agent yes days are hard and some people are hard to deal with, but you don't know their life or their story. Point is I love my job training is not like the floor but you learn so much more on the floor and training can only prep you for what you took in. I love my team lead and this company!

5 5 Reply
Jamingjones69

Feb 28, 2015 #952340 Tulsa, Oklahoma

I've worked for Directv almost 3 years, the first year was a little hard. But since then it is pretty good job, decent pay for a callcenter job. Monthly bonuses of $150 to over $350 every month. Three pay raises in the first 2 1/2 year ( one of over $1.25 an hour) . Free Directv package with premium channels and a free DVR. Contests , prizes and more. I have won gifts about every 3 months. The training is top ranked , the supervisors are pretty good and excellent opportunity for promotion. I do think this is a good job for someone who does not have a college degree. Lots of room for advancement but lots of competition for the jobs.

8 6 Reply

Jan 20 #1098170

So what you're saying is they pay you well and reward you.. just to get you to keep working for a terrible company. If the training is so good, why does it take several phone transfers to get any help? And why do they screw up bills so much?

Nov 21, 2014 #904014

I loved working for Directv and thougjt they were a great company... Until i got fired. I was a top performing tech for 2 years. Then i jumped to a different site and did things different then them and was suspended 3 days for an investigation. Turns out i had been doing pole mounts wrong. I explained that my OJT had taught me that way and it hadnt been an issue for 2 years. My OJT was not certified per company policy. My 3 day suspension turned into 5 days without a callback or notice. When they termed me, it was by my sup and not hr or the manager. Sup didnt know any of the info? HR was closed for the day! My last check took two weeks!!!

number1brownsfan

Nov 09, 2014 #897747 Youngstown, Ohio

Lets look at this logically, most people that complain are sore for some reason or another. I have been working for Directv for about 1 year now in the Movers department. Nothing you have said has ANY merit. Training was very detailed ( showing that the company cares about employees and it's customers) after training you are placed on the floor for one month where they help you to succeed, letting you know where you made mistakes instead of yelling at you and penalizing you. They have several programs that enable you to be successful as well as great benefits and bonus structures. On the down side they do change schedules (hours and days) too often and don't have certain perks that other big companies offer. Over all this company is great to work for, honest with employees and customers ( customers don't read their agreements only the flashy bits).

10 6 Reply
dontBeaBitch

Nov 08, 2014 #897078 Missoula, Montana

Dint be a ***! I work there also and it is completely different than what you're saying. Why you being a *** baby about it?

2 7 Reply

Oct 30, 2015 #1056332

Learn how to proof read before you post ***. Poster child for directv I guess...

white

Sep 28, 2014 #876783

I worked for direct tv for over 6 years. This is one of the best call centers I have ever worked for. I worked ace for 1 year and 5 years in crg, which is one of the hardest call types you can have. The managers at our call center set you up to succeed. Leaving directv was my decision, because I became a full time student. I would never change the experience that I have had during the time I was there.

7 6 Reply
Lady28

Sep 22, 2014 #873624

I enjoyed working for Directv. The company was amazing beyond belief the did so much for the community and really cared about their employees. It's not in all about what you get from your team leads it's what you put in your performance. If you change your mindset you can change your experience. The people I meet was amazing and they showed they cared. Directv has structure that you won't find in other call centers. They have so many tools and resources that help you to perform better as a representative.

6 3 Reply
Imaspecialagent

Sep 12, 2014 #869048

I was an sp agent which handle most all call types the job itself was great as far as inbound call centers go it was the point system that got me they didn't allow you to use any of that great earned pto also no uto because of the service levels so if u had a life outside of dtv u were toast ...I had some family emergencies and they were constantly adding mandatory ot the incentives were great just hard to work your life around it also dealing with most of the customers there kind of made me get really short really fast...it's just TV people calm down.

2 1 Reply

Aug 30, 2014 #863396

I am an ACE 2.0 agent for DirecTv currently and I am dumbfounded by some of the comments I have been reading on here...You have to be an *** to get fired from this job simply because not only do they run off a 12 point system for absences ( that you can earn back when you lose them just by showing up on time for a month) they also give you TWO non payed leave days a MONTH that do not count against your points not to mention the earned payed time off or the 40 cent raise every six months for good attendence...secondly they pay well and give monthly commission bonuses and do daily drawings for awesome prizes, this girl walked out the other day with a ps4 and another with a 70" vizio
HD TV, they are also giving away gift cards left and right and will supply you with awesome shirts, pens, lanyards and other things from all kinds of great shows like Game Of Thrones, Shameless, True Blood etc....they give you DirecTv service for basically free ( receiver fee's still apply for employee's) and being a DirecTv subscriber prior to the job i can tell you that NOT having to pay almost $150 to have all the good channels has been another excellent bonus... I guess some people just can't handle being cussed at on the phone by angry customers but really is it that hard to realize that its not personal and that you have the ability right in front of you to change that persons outlook..

8 4 Reply

1-20 of 88 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Directv. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Directv.
Filing a new complaint about
×