Directv - Former Directv Employee Speaking Out

461 of 563 Directv Reviews
Feb 17, 2011
review #222328

I'm definitely feeling those who's had problems with Directv.WORKING for this company was an absolute nightmare!

I personally went through 9 straight wks of training & once you get on the floor, its a completely different ballgame. The Team Leaders literally would tell us to forget everything we learned in training, & the Quality Assurance team were complete douchebags when they monitored calls. They definitely had their favorites, and would target certain people to get rid of them. From an insider's perspective, they deserved the "F" from the BBB!!!

To make a long story short, I got the *** out of there & now am so much happier & stress free!!!!

Beware of the Early cancel fees for the account, premium removals before 30 days, and having the protection plan for less than 1 year.I refuse to EVER work for another shady company like them again!!!

86b771f
1.3
Had an experience with Directv?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
461 of 563 Directv Reviews
manoga

8 hours ago Diamondhead, Mississippi

Very mature northTECH..... lol. My daughter was hired and recieved 2 days of training and fired before she even got a chance! Oh but both supervisors gave her a different story as to why she was fired. Talk about unprofessional. U succeeded there with ur attitude so that says a lot!

Upgrade King

Jul 19 Huntington, West Virginia

Im in ACE,I've never had any issues.I love being in sales.Your set up to succeed, customer s always have promos on premiums and tons of free equipment upgrades to the Genies,we bundle too.I make great hourly pay and my monthly bonus is awesome.By far the best CSR job I've ever had.If u don't like being on the phone for DTV I'd recommend getting a different career.

NEEZY87

Jul 15 Nampa, Idaho

YEAH I GOT PUT IN ACE 2.0 AND ONCE YOU NUMBERS ARE HIGH (SALES) THEY MONITOR MORE CALLS I GOT WRITIN UP FOR MISSING TWO DISCLOSURES ON PREMIUMS OUT OF THE 195 I SOLD IN A MONTH. THEY WOULD TEACH YOU ONE THING IN TRAINING THAT WAS WRONG IN OJT, THEN WHAT WAS TAUGHT IN OJT WAS WRONG IN NESTING PLUS ITS LIKE WORKING AT THE ZOO WITH THE HURD OF OVERWEIGHT PEOPLE. PROLLY WHY THE BOISE SITE ITS OWN WATERING HOLE IN THE ENTRANCE.

northTECH

May 30 Grand Forks, North Dakota

OK, I HAVE SAY HERE A READ ALL THESE CRYING LITTLE BOYS COMPLAIN ABOUT HOW BAD DIRECTV IS. THE TRUTH IS YOU ARE JUDGED AND BASED ON YOUR OWN MERIT. THESE FOOLS THAT CAN'T MANAGE TO WORK FOR ONE OF THE MOST LAID BACK CARING COMPANY'S I HAVE EVEN BEEN A PART, ARE DOOM TO ASKING WOULD YOU LIKE FRIES WITH THAT. I DON'T KNOW OF ANY OTHER JOBS YOU CAN MAKE $60K YOUR 2ND YEAR WITH OUT A COLLAGE DEGREE. I WORK DIRECTLY FOR CORPORATE, I'M NOT A SUB-CONTRACTOR. SO BEFORE ANYONE PUTS ANY STOCK INTO WHAT THESE MOUTH BREATHERS ARE SAYING DO FUTURE RESEARCH BECAUSE THIS IS IN NO WAY AN ACCURATE DESCRIPTION OF THIS COMPANY.

dtv tech support

Mar 18

I am a Protection plan tech support CSR for dtv and I like the job I just don't like how the customer call and get all pissed off when we have to send someone or when they have to do troubleshooting in order to get their free replacement. And the 6 weeks of training was pretty intense.

SANDOVALSUCKS

Feb 02

IF YOU WORK AT COSTA MESA CALIFORNIA SITE THIS IS THE WORST SITE OF DIRECTV EVER. SPECIALLY THE MANAGER JOSE SANDOVAL!!! :p

Jan 28

I guess you people suck at your job because I worked for dish as an installer and it was exactly as you describe dtv. I made the move last April and have never been happier. I make more money I work more consistently and receive every penny that I am owed. Our office admin will even find things that I miss and make sure I get paid. However if you work for a subco you are getting screwed. Thats tbe nature of being tbe dirty red beaded step child

LouPan

Jan 28

Direct Tv San Diego office targets subcontractors they don't like to get rid of them. They are beyond dishonest. Apparently the rules and regulations do not apply to the people in the San Diego office. I'm very disappointed that they are getting away with these sort if actions.

better2013

Jan 13

Sounds like your the douche bag directv is probably better without you.

Tech

Jan 03

I worked for Directv as a OO tech for 3 years and got treated like trash not to mention I drove the most out of any tech in the market at the end the manager Marcus cadwell of the Kansas office ended up getting read of me and putting one of his buddys inplace used some *** excuse that I failed some QCs but when I got the QCs they were not fails at all in fact they got mailed straight to the Co office and now his *** is under investigation guess that's what u get when u jack with a good employee that wont take ur ***. all in all *** company to work for Co office always tells u to contact them if u have any problems well I have a problem and you have still not done *** about it and is been 5 months! :(

1 3 Reply
kings fan

Nov 18, 2013 Los Angeles, California

does anyone know the promo code to ticketmaster. they are having a nhl hockey game and i wanna if your a directv employee do they issue a pomo code to you?

Dec 17, 2013

Yes I must agree. I can honestly say it wasn't worth leaving the house for at least 4 days out of the week. And they expect you to sit around and wait to see if any jobs fall your way. You have to keep checking till 4pm and you are suppose to be on the clock but you don't get paid by the hour it's by the job. And if you drive a company truck the upgrades are $15 know matter how much has to be done. Going into crawl spaces or attics for $15 is insane.

dtv

Apr 25, 2013

Since we ALL have our 2 cents, I figured I'll point out anyone, and everyone, who worked for "DirecTV" thru a 3rd party entity- I am so, so very sorry. A company named West is an example, and YES these 3rd parties are the absolute WORSE experience you can have in the call center industry. Falling so very FAR from corporate minimums. If you get the chance to work for an ACTUAL corp call center, it is the cushiest job you will ever have, and that's true for ANY company!
I used to work for a Sprint 3rd party center and it was as bad, if not worse than, your career with DTV, but when I worked for their corp call center- years later- it was a fantastic job. Naturally, I then swore off ALL 3rd parties and go straight for corp centers, when I'm considering call centers.
As far as the customer end user experience, their are many plans they have to redeem their poor service of the past, but just like any train wreck, the pieces all have to be picked up and replaced in time. The nickle and diming they do is obnoxious though, but considering that's unfortunately how the game is played when subscribing to "services" -like your cell phone provider for example- it's to be expected. However; dont act like the information was never out there at the beginning! the honest truth is that 80% of all consumers are idiots that dont pay attention to anything more than 2 sentences long, and even if you look them in the face and read it aloud they STILL tune you out cause all the want
... Show more

Ex bgi agent

Oct 30, 2012 Hermosillo, Sonora

i also was a bgi agent gor directv. i worked in mexico in a company called teleperfomance, wich directv sub contracted to outsource the calls. in my experience it was a great job, very objective, great training and more. Directv does have a lot of tricks to make customers pay more, it also have some good offers but all companys work like this. i think your problem was with the callcenter you worked at because in mine was a great job and i regret resigning.

CSR in Mexico.

Oct 20, 2012 Hermosillo, Sonora

Directv takes advantage of lazy people who hate reading bills and taking care of their business, but anyhow, we are not responsible for angry customers and we have to lick their arses and behave, to stay engaged and empathize with the customers, have to bear people DEMANDING to know WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED and at the end, apologize for not trusting in your expertise. Im sick of american customers who give bad scores on Customer Satisfaction Index just caring about how much you licked their arses and how much you said how great they are "CSR made you feel valuable customer" *** that!!! We have to be extremely polite and listen to all the *** they carry for the company when we only EXPLAIN THE FRIKIN CHARGES ON THE FRIKIN BILL.
I always tell customers TO READ their bills, its the only personalized document they would have and directv will post any "Directv Protection Plan in 30 days 5.99" (or other ***) dont blame US for your lazyness, seriously.
Sorry for those who are charming, kind, respectful and really appreciate our daily efforts to keep you informed and offer you our assistance. For those, there you go, phone transaction fee waived, $5/6 on a premium channel (or two), free showtime 1-3 mo, or Starz!, or Sports... whatever WE feel like it.
Be nice and we can be nice too.

ranchero

Nov 21, 2013

alguien trabaja aun en directv call center de mexico? tengo bisnes conctactame en eldoradephx

american csr12

Jun 08 Nashville, Tennessee

I think you are in the wrong line of work. Is yr issue with DirecTv or Americans? They are the customer and you are the representative of DirecTv. Your philosophy of "be nice we can be nice too." Is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard come out of a supposed csr.. DirecTv does not expect you to " we have to lick their arses" they expect you to behave and do the job they pay you to do. Do you know how many times a day I hear customers say they are glad I'm in AMERICA.. They get upset with you because they cannot understand you. You speak WAY to fast. They are demanding to know where you are, So they can hang up on you or demand a transfer to someone who's primary language is English. And that's not DirecTv customers, that's any American who calls and a obvious foreigner gets the call. We are not all lazy people who do not read our bills. But we do have a problem with CSR's who lie to us and do not take 30 seconds to let us explain what the real problem is. I have been a CSR and Supervisor and QA. And 95% of the angry customer calls a escalations to Sup's could have been different if the agent had just taken the time to listen. Why the rush as soon as that call is over your gonna get another one. And you cannot take the verbal abuse towards the company personal, unless you have a guilty conscience and have done to a customer whats been done to this one. And you cannot offer one customer one thing and the very next one not get a offer when they have them available... Show more

Huntsville Call Center

Sep 26, 2012 Mobile, Alabama

I am not sure about the other call centers but the one in Huntsville, AL has absolutely no regards for their people. And it is sad. I know this one person who was in a wreck that left them hospitalized overnight. By the Grace of God they made it out alive. Long story short, their doctor told them to stay out of work for awhile. So that person calls the call center and management tells them if they miss that many days of work they will get fired from having over 7 occurences and basically did not care they were in a wreck. Well I hope they enjoy being sued as that person has gotten with lawyer as that violates FMLA laws.

Also one person I know of had a letter from the military they were needing a leave of absence. Management told them the letter was fake and fired them. The letter was real....yeah...their ***.

CRG manager I know of had surgery done and was needing to be out for awhile. Same thing as earlier happend--if you are out that long you will get fired. Again FMLA violation.

This call center needs to get their *** sued off of them because of the many illegal stuff going on there.

watchdog

Apr 13

First, FMLA is NOT a requirement to be available to use. Typically, IF a company offers it, it's after x amount of time of employment, but as I said, not a legal requirement to provide.. Next.. If the person was in a wreck, needed time off, and ordered by a doctor, that would fall under extended leave of absence. Now, depending on THE STATE you work, yes, they can deny you. BUT, having worked for DirecTV myself, in a "right to work state," I know they bend over backwards to accommodate time off, especially for reasons like this.
Military they do not fire you over. Period. So that's a bunch of ***. Period.
Sounds like you're bitter for no reason. Or maybe, you can't do your job. Either way, of the three companies I have worked for in my life, DirecTV was the most employee friendly.

Showing 1-20 of 57 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Directv.
Filing a new complaint about
×