Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Directv in Britton, South Dakota - Direct TV Lies

We signed a two year contract with Direct TV and was happy the first year we had it. Then they started charging us for everything, if we want our dvr repaired our looked at we have to pay a monthly payment of $5 or they charge us $5o. We have to pay for the use of the dvr $8 monthly, we pay $49. Now we have to pay another $10 to watch the channels we did have. Instead of paying $61 per month now we have to pay $72. Direct TV in Janurary we won't have a contract with you anymore. Come and get your sattilite dish, your dvr, the little box where we can get movies off of channel 1000 for free and take them and keep them because we will no longer be your customer. You have cheated us for the last time.

All service providers offer specials for newcustomers. My protection plan with anothervprovider was 15 per month and I still had to paypart of my service call as a "co pay"

Directv in Moreno Valley, California - Unfaithful

Order directtv due the fact promise of when we have bad weather the service will not go out! Every since I got directtv and we have a bad weather. We lose a signal for 20 to 30 minutes.I always have to reset every tv in the house. And now they talking about removing channels for the second time in 2 months! This is very disappointing and unfair. I sign up for a certain amount of channels for a price and now they are rekoving them. If they do I will be looking for service somewhere else that can stay true to their word about service.

Directv in Livingston, New Jersey - Drop channels

7 HOURS BEFORE IT HAPPENS. D TV LISTS ON TV THAT NUMEROUS CHANNELS. WOULD BE DROPPED. WE ARE BILLED ONE MONTH IN ADVANCE FOR SERVICE AND NO OTHER NOTICE WAS GIVEN. DROP DIREC TV COMPLETEDire tv wants to charge 30 percent more to re instate these channels and they also increasef their rates just six months ago. LY FOR THIS!!!!!their EXCUSE IS VIACOM IS WANTING MORE MONEY. WHAT HAPPENED TO CONTRACTS AND WHY WERE THERE NO NEGOTIATIONS PRIOR TO THE END OF CONTRACT AMD NO NOTICE TO CUSTMERS OF THAT POSSIBILITY. Cowards!! Put on your big boy/girl underwear and do right by the customer who gives you your JOb

If everyone that feels wronged that we arent getting the service that they are suppose to supply, we should all cancel on Aug 1st then what are they gonna do when they have thousands of pissed off customers. I was aloud out of my contract when Sprint couldnt give me good service when i moved to a new location.

That is the right thing to do and Direct tv thinks they can do whatever they want because of the the contract. We trusted them. We arent lawyers, Any decent company would give a contract that is for both sides.

there is no service. :cry :(

Good luck suing...read your customer agreement it clearly states channels and prices can change at any time based on busimess need. You should learn to read these things before signing them

Since I have a contract with Direct then I should be able to sue them. How is it that I paid for a two year contract paying good monies monthly and they remove channels without out warning and then still charge you for same about.

This is pure fraud and they should have a class action suit filed against them ASAP.

They can't be trusted...it's time to change carriers. We need to hit them in the pockets like they have been doing us for years.

View more comments (2)
Loss

Directv in Cleveland, Ohio - Direct TV contract

I ordered HD box(es) by phone from DirectTV in January 2012. I was forced to agree to a 2-year contract in order to get the HD boxes. Prior to that I didn't have a "contract" with them. If I cancel within the 2-year period, I was told I am obligated to pay for the remainder of that contract (DirectTV will automatically charge my credit card). Tonight, Direct TV is dumping 25 channels -several we watch regularly. I feel DirectTV broke the contract. When I begrudgingly accepted so I could get the HD box, I agreed to accept the service I originally signed up for NOT service MINUS those 25 channels. What do you think? I would like to dump DirectTV but don't want to get stuck paying for the remaining 18 months of my contract.

I tried to tell DirecTV I was going to cancel last time they did this & was told I could upgrade at a higher price to keep the channels! It's a scam!

I'm in a contract too & was told they are NOT breaking their contract because it says they can make changes. And, while it is unfair, it does say there could be fees to cancel even under these circumstances. I was told they would charge my card $20 for each month left on my contract! I always say I don't want my card info saved when I pay my bill but they DO save ALL of them!

And I'm tired of this game every few months.

25 channels, really?! If every customer starts calling & complaining maybe they will back down & become a respectable company.

Fabulous post. Clear, concise, accurate & logical.

Love it and I totally agree that the agreement looks like it's being broken tonight at midnight. Ad still scrolling across TV Land @ 9:45 pm tonight referencing: 'Directv will drop this and 25 other channels: Call: 1(800)531-5000" & other scrolling info about Viacom wanting 30% more money for the channels.

I agree, if channels are dropped I will drop..BROKEN contract and class action suit worthy..I too am stuck in a contract...

I agree with you, my contract has been up so if they do end up dropping those channels I'll be dropping them

View more comments (3)
Loss

Directv in Los Angeles, California - Direct TV SUCKS

If Direct TV *** any more channels they can take their service and sit on it and spin. Everytime I turn around they threaten us with lose of channels and then when they do keep them, what happens, up go your rates. They need to wake up and realize it is US that pay their wages and keep them in business. Something needs to be done and real quick. I am tired of looking for something to watch. When I do find something you can find the very same program on another channel. So I am paying for 2 channels to watch the very same thing.

Direct tv u really do take the cake!!! A few hrs is temporary this going into days and months is not.

If u r not aware of it u r not the only person around u just lost me and plenty more. U give us no warning of this pathetic problem and ask for us to be patient....and if u care about saving us money then I am sure u won't be charging for this partial bs service u r delivering to ur valued customers. U r crooks and for every person u lose they will tell everyone and anyone left on earth to let everyone know u suck!

U will never get anyone to switch to ur pathetic service now u totally screwed us and urself! Smart move!!!

Directv in Greenville, South Carolina - Direct tv

if i lose nick jr and spike i will go back to dish which i should have never left. same channels, same price, and better dvr package. YOU SUCK YOU GREEDY ( %@&$ ). my daughter will lose all of her favorite shows which will make cable television worthless for my family. I better not lose my recordings because you need another mansion or hundred foot boat. How can you take educational shows away from children. You sound like swipper the fox steal our childrens education. ya'll take channels away from us then you will probly raise our bills to cover money lost from people leaving. you suck

EVERY TIME YOU TURN AROUND THERE is something up with directtv HOW CAN YOU JUSTIFY SHUTTING DOWN 25 CHANNELS EVERYONE SHOULD CANCEL AND SHUT THEM ALL DOWN FOR YA.

Directv in Chico, California - Dropping channels

im going to cancel my service asap,if my channels get cancelled theats are *** to paying customers that like thier channels.we should be able to pick and choose are packages and delete what we whant to not whatch ,especially all the music channels and other dumb meaning less channels that you have to keep just to see your own channels you whant ,we all need to stand up to via com and other enityies that are just money hungry ***.how can a family afford to watch thier tv when they are struggling now to pay thier bills and utilites all they have left is tv to relax to and unwind from kids,work and other stresses in thier life so what are we going to due about this ?are we going to take it in the butt again or are we going to fight back on what we pay for here it should be are choice to pick its our money we spend on this that we busted our *** to get for our families .

WHAT CHANNELS ARE BEING DUMPED? WE ARE SO SORRY. THIS IS IN CAPS.YES I AM SO DISAPPOINTED,I AM SHOUTING.

MAD,SAD,CRYING

WHAT ARE YOU REPLACING THEM WITH? I HOPE YOU AREN'T DUMPING THE GOOD ONES THAT HAVE REAL MEANING,MORALS. FOR MORE "TRASH"

If they drop these channels they shoud have to let us

Out of our contract , as these are the only programs

My family watches. They are breaching the contract

They have with us by dropping them

View more comments (1)
Review

Directv in Albuquerque, New Mexico - Cancel the channels that help me to choose DTV

7/9/12 we had a small thunder storm... maybe 15min. The Direct tv service went out!! It read "searching for satelite"?? Then about 10pm the message flashed on the program that channels were going to be cancelled, to call now. How many people are watching tv this time of night.. I chose Direct TV because of these channels that you plan to cancel. If you cancel these channels I will terminate your service!!I will not pay for early termination because you terminated my plan.. Before I pay you anything I will allow it to go into collection and then file Bankruptcy.!!

JustSaying speaks truth, through deceptive means they get your info like they will say if you allow us to get paid directly out of your account you can save an additional 10 dollars but this is just a ploy to have access to your money cause they have it written they can withdraw monies owed to them by any account on record. Prepaid is the route and I think they also accept western union payments which once I close my account will be they way they will get paid.

I am upset that Direct Tv has not made this problem known to customers until the last minute. I have a 7 year old son that is very upset that he can't watch Nick Jr.

How do you explain to your child that he can't watch Spongebob?

If they don't resolve this issue they will lose a lot of customers. The prices are high enough already.

You may want to before you cancel their service change/close the account# they have on file for you so they cannot get access to your account because DTV will not ask your permission,they will just empty out your account.It sounds as though DTV and Fox are at war and DTV subscribeers will lose a lot of channels

View more comments (2)
Review

Directv in Dallas, Texas - Dropping the ONLY good channels you offer.

If you drop comedy central and mtv we will no longer be your costumers were canceling our service with you the second they go off air. Your service is already *** and you already have bearly anything entertaining to watch. shows like tosh.o and jersey shore or south park are the only shows we dvr and without those channel we will have no need to continue paying you our hard earned cash. So, just something to think about; if you don't mind losing all those customers then feel free to drop the channels. I'm sure you'll make lots of profit from your horrible decisions.

I am glad Directv isn't showing these Viacom junk channels. MTV, MTV2, Nickelodeon. Who cares, they are for kids and people that have no life and live in a fantasy world called reality tv.

As far as any other channel they dropped, I don't watch them, don't need them and won't miss them.

Hope they never come back to be honest.

Well they drop the channels they do not care about us just about the money.

Getting tired of the messages running across the kid's channel when my kids are trying to watch it. If my bill goes up or they drop these channels then I will drop them, nice not having a contract.

The channelsthat you want to drop are the only ones I watch so I will have to change providers if you drop them. Please don't.

I've been a directv customer for 14 years and the day the channels are taken away will be my last as a customer of yours. I already pay too much for your services and I've just compared your prices and current channels to Dish Network-that's how angry I am. If you drop the channels, I know you won't make any changes in the charges we pay.

So cancel the viacom channels if you want, but you'll lose another reliable customer!

if they do drop these channels they WILL let me out of my 2 year contract. I HATE directv and would never recommend anyone to try it

Stop threatening to take channels away! Stop running the messages on the kids channels ! Just give an update and Don't Raise your already high prices for programing!

i read viacoms blog, they blame direct tv and here direct tv blames viacom. contract for 7 yrs at a low price has expired for a " bundle" of programming channels.

viacom wants more money, direct tv doesnt want to pay. idk but customers are the ones who are going to pay for it. either a higher direct tv bill for the same channels or having to purchase "ala carte" with viacom.

we dont have a say as customers. so its a waiting game.

View more comments (7)

Directv in Oakland, California - Direct TV deleting channels

I am so tired of Direct TV threatening to delete channels from our programming... When we order our plans it is because we want the channels that we are paying for....They want to delete the best channels but not lower the cost of our services....If they proceed with deleting these channels I will be cancelling my service and wish them luck getting any cancelation fee from me. Every couple of months they do this same ***, though when you have a complaint or an issue with your billing they are rude and crude and offer no compensation.... I would rather pay a higher bill with Comcast at least I would not have the constant headache.

I live in a home that subscribes to Directv. I enjoyed watching Animal Planet and now you've taken that from me.

Thanks for adding more misery to my life!!! :cry

Watch out, they save your card info & stuff when you pay! Even if you request it not to be saved! That's how they get the cancellation fees!

I live in GA and have to watch South Carolina channels for news, I never know what is going on in Georgia unless I get on the internet - I may as well just use the internet as I'll have to find the channels they are canceling on there and watch them.....

WHEN WE SIGNED UP 3 MONTHS AGO FOR DIRECT TV, WE LIVE IN SOUTHERN OHIO, THEY TOLD US WE WOULD GET COLUMBUS, OHIO NEWS CHANNELS, WE GET WEST VIRGINIA, WE CALLED 30 MINS, AFTER THEY HOOKED DIRECT TV UP, THEY SAID WE CANT GET OHIO NEWS CHANNELS, SO WE TOLD THEM TO CANCEL IT, AND THEY WERE GOING TO CHARGE US $20.00 A MONTH TO CANCEL, THATS BULL, SO I WILL HAVE ANOTHER TV COMPANY THAT WILL GIVE US COLUMBUS, OHIO NEWS CHANNELS, BY THE END OF THE MONTH, AND I WILL NOT PAY TERMINATION FEES.... BEWARE TV CUSTOMERS....THEY WILL SCREW U ANYWAY THEY CAN.....

View more comments (3)