Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Directv in Chico, California - Dropping channels

im going to cancel my service asap,if my channels get cancelled theats are *** to paying customers that like thier channels.we should be able to pick and choose are packages and delete what we whant to not whatch ,especially all the music channels and other dumb meaning less channels that you have to keep just to see your own channels you whant ,we all need to stand up to via com and other enityies that are just money hungry ***.how can a family afford to watch thier tv when they are struggling now to pay thier bills and utilites all they have left is tv to relax to and unwind from kids,work and other stresses in thier life so what are we going to due about this ?are we going to take it in the butt again or are we going to fight back on what we pay for here it should be are choice to pick its our money we spend on this that we busted our *** to get for our families .

WHAT CHANNELS ARE BEING DUMPED? WE ARE SO SORRY. THIS IS IN CAPS.YES I AM SO DISAPPOINTED,I AM SHOUTING.

MAD,SAD,CRYING

WHAT ARE YOU REPLACING THEM WITH? I HOPE YOU AREN'T DUMPING THE GOOD ONES THAT HAVE REAL MEANING,MORALS. FOR MORE "TRASH"

If they drop these channels they shoud have to let us

Out of our contract , as these are the only programs

My family watches. They are breaching the contract

They have with us by dropping them

View more comments (1)
Review

Directv in Albuquerque, New Mexico - Cancel the channels that help me to choose DTV

7/9/12 we had a small thunder storm... maybe 15min. The Direct tv service went out!! It read "searching for satelite"?? Then about 10pm the message flashed on the program that channels were going to be cancelled, to call now. How many people are watching tv this time of night.. I chose Direct TV because of these channels that you plan to cancel. If you cancel these channels I will terminate your service!!I will not pay for early termination because you terminated my plan.. Before I pay you anything I will allow it to go into collection and then file Bankruptcy.!!

JustSaying speaks truth, through deceptive means they get your info like they will say if you allow us to get paid directly out of your account you can save an additional 10 dollars but this is just a ploy to have access to your money cause they have it written they can withdraw monies owed to them by any account on record. Prepaid is the route and I think they also accept western union payments which once I close my account will be they way they will get paid.

I am upset that Direct Tv has not made this problem known to customers until the last minute. I have a 7 year old son that is very upset that he can't watch Nick Jr.

How do you explain to your child that he can't watch Spongebob?

If they don't resolve this issue they will lose a lot of customers. The prices are high enough already.

You may want to before you cancel their service change/close the account# they have on file for you so they cannot get access to your account because DTV will not ask your permission,they will just empty out your account.It sounds as though DTV and Fox are at war and DTV subscribeers will lose a lot of channels

View more comments (2)
Review

Directv in Dallas, Texas - Dropping the ONLY good channels you offer.

If you drop comedy central and mtv we will no longer be your costumers were canceling our service with you the second they go off air. Your service is already *** and you already have bearly anything entertaining to watch. shows like tosh.o and jersey shore or south park are the only shows we dvr and without those channel we will have no need to continue paying you our hard earned cash. So, just something to think about; if you don't mind losing all those customers then feel free to drop the channels. I'm sure you'll make lots of profit from your horrible decisions.

I am glad Directv isn't showing these Viacom junk channels. MTV, MTV2, Nickelodeon. Who cares, they are for kids and people that have no life and live in a fantasy world called reality tv.

As far as any other channel they dropped, I don't watch them, don't need them and won't miss them.

Hope they never come back to be honest.

Well they drop the channels they do not care about us just about the money.

Getting tired of the messages running across the kid's channel when my kids are trying to watch it. If my bill goes up or they drop these channels then I will drop them, nice not having a contract.

The channelsthat you want to drop are the only ones I watch so I will have to change providers if you drop them. Please don't.

I've been a directv customer for 14 years and the day the channels are taken away will be my last as a customer of yours. I already pay too much for your services and I've just compared your prices and current channels to Dish Network-that's how angry I am. If you drop the channels, I know you won't make any changes in the charges we pay.

So cancel the viacom channels if you want, but you'll lose another reliable customer!

if they do drop these channels they WILL let me out of my 2 year contract. I HATE directv and would never recommend anyone to try it

Stop threatening to take channels away! Stop running the messages on the kids channels ! Just give an update and Don't Raise your already high prices for programing!

i read viacoms blog, they blame direct tv and here direct tv blames viacom. contract for 7 yrs at a low price has expired for a " bundle" of programming channels.

viacom wants more money, direct tv doesnt want to pay. idk but customers are the ones who are going to pay for it. either a higher direct tv bill for the same channels or having to purchase "ala carte" with viacom.

we dont have a say as customers. so its a waiting game.

View more comments (7)

Directv in Oakland, California - Direct TV deleting channels

I am so tired of Direct TV threatening to delete channels from our programming... When we order our plans it is because we want the channels that we are paying for....They want to delete the best channels but not lower the cost of our services....If they proceed with deleting these channels I will be cancelling my service and wish them luck getting any cancelation fee from me. Every couple of months they do this same ***, though when you have a complaint or an issue with your billing they are rude and crude and offer no compensation.... I would rather pay a higher bill with Comcast at least I would not have the constant headache.

I live in a home that subscribes to Directv. I enjoyed watching Animal Planet and now you've taken that from me.

Thanks for adding more misery to my life!!! :cry

Watch out, they save your card info & stuff when you pay! Even if you request it not to be saved! That's how they get the cancellation fees!

I live in GA and have to watch South Carolina channels for news, I never know what is going on in Georgia unless I get on the internet - I may as well just use the internet as I'll have to find the channels they are canceling on there and watch them.....

WHEN WE SIGNED UP 3 MONTHS AGO FOR DIRECT TV, WE LIVE IN SOUTHERN OHIO, THEY TOLD US WE WOULD GET COLUMBUS, OHIO NEWS CHANNELS, WE GET WEST VIRGINIA, WE CALLED 30 MINS, AFTER THEY HOOKED DIRECT TV UP, THEY SAID WE CANT GET OHIO NEWS CHANNELS, SO WE TOLD THEM TO CANCEL IT, AND THEY WERE GOING TO CHARGE US $20.00 A MONTH TO CANCEL, THATS BULL, SO I WILL HAVE ANOTHER TV COMPANY THAT WILL GIVE US COLUMBUS, OHIO NEWS CHANNELS, BY THE END OF THE MONTH, AND I WILL NOT PAY TERMINATION FEES.... BEWARE TV CUSTOMERS....THEY WILL SCREW U ANYWAY THEY CAN.....

View more comments (3)
Review

Directv in Birmingham, Alabama - Direct TV - Disgusted new customer!!

Just signed a contract within two months and called to add another receiver today. Was told in the intial sign up we could call and add boxes at same rate of $6.00. When I called not only was I told that I had to pay an equipment charge but also let me know that I had the "Standard Box" not the "HD box". That was probably why my picture was not clear. Ask him to change out and said that for over $300 I could, I should have asked for that box in the beginning it was "Free". If you are a new customer to Direct TV how do you know they have two different boxes if they don't tell you. Customer service is a joke - talked over 2 hours to 3 supervisors and cancellation( like my time was not valuable!) only to find out they do this on purpose. So my suggestion is to use Dish TV, we had them before and no contract!! They care that you are a happy customer. I wouldn't refer Direct TV to anyone!

DISH IS NO BETTER THAN DIRECTV believe me when i state this.I have had COMCAST-TIME WARNER AND DIRECTV and ONE is no better than the other.All of this is because of MONEY.One think's the other is getting a little more than the other.Nither is thinking about how the outcome is going to end.I do not care who is right or Who is wrong.All i care about is 20 or More channel's is blacked out from my package plan.And i want this matter settled one way or the other.$5.00 or $10.00 decrease in my billing is not going to work for me.I went through this same nightmare when DIRECTV was having a problem with the FOX'S NETWORK.And look what happen.DIRECTV took it's customer's through this nightmare and Still ended up increasing their package plan's by $5.00.The same thing will happen here and I will DOWN GRADE my package again.So tell me?IN THE END WHO LOSES.Being GREEDY is not GOOD FOR ANYONE AND IN THE END BOTH BUSINESSES WILL LOSE.In case either of you are not aware "MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL".And to me BOTH OF YOU ARE WRONG.DIRECTV if you wanted to increase the monthly payment's again,You should have done so without this mess.You could have let your customer's choose witch channel's they wanted to purchased instead of the way in which you handle this problem.It is so sad that everyone is so GREEDY for MONEY.WTF.ARE YOU DOING?ARE YOU TRYING TO LOSE CUSTOMER'S?

No, angry, I am not. In fact, Dish was MY last provider as well.

You look foolish when you make suppositions, so don't.

The point is, high def has been out for YEARS now. Seriously.

You have to be monumentally *** to purchase or rent the wrong equipment after this many years of being in a high def world.

Since it bears on your comments I will also say I find Dish to be far superior to DTV, unless you're a sports fan.

Tv watcher you must be a direct rep, direct is a very deceptive company I also had dish and they were much better than direct and I can say they were concerned about their customers and didn't lie, me personally preference cable and when I can will drop direct thanks for advice just saying

Moving is the same. I was told I qualify for a free move but would be charged a few for them to bring the equipment from the warehouse!

what equipment?! I have everything already & I am taking it to my new place.

A wise thing to do would be to get a prepaid credit card and give them to keep on file and change the # on your bank or credit card whichever they have on file for you. this will prevent them from helping themselves to you account whenever they see fit. DTV is losing a lot of channels and I'll bet they do not lower the customers bills.

I too had a horrible experience with direct, we had them for many years, purchased two hd receivers (which we had to return when we cancelled) we thought since we had them for many years there would be no early cancellation fee of 200 bucks! I was told we would be charged that fee because the contract had been re-instated when we add a another tv- change our program from regular to HD, I couldnt believe it!' Will never have them again! Too much competition out there!

:cry :cry :( :(

If, in this day and age, you don't know the difference between standard def and high def and to get the correct box that works with your TV, then I'm sorry, but you're a ***.

Also, Dish DOES have a contract.

Always did and will.

It goes month to month after the initial term. You should be complaining about your own ignorance, not Direct TV.

View more comments (6)

Directv in Chattanooga, Tennessee - Dropping Channels

Just learned last night while watching TV Land, that Direct TV is dropping that channel along with twenty-five others. I'll be switching to another provider since I am no longer getting what I paid for. I originally signed up with Direct TV because they carried more channels than the other providers in my area. Not true any more, and in addition, the other providers are much cheaper than Direct TV. I've had Direct TV for over 10 years now and they keep raising prices and cutting channels. What's up with that? It appears they are not even trying to be competitive.

To person that posted about directv internet...they are not an internet provider...so your internet comment is ***...you could have changed that at any time

This is getting a little *** every time i turn around you are dropping all the main channels an the kids channels that bs knowing that most people are going 2 pay it just so they don't have 2 deal with it but we are not!Me and my family will be SWITCHING..I'll go back 2 charter there internet is better anyways!!!and u will not being getting any additional fees from me either!!!

Your company sucks. Always dropping channels. I'm switching

View more comments (2)
Review

Directv in Somerville, Tennessee - Why take more channels away from this.

why take channels way and the cost is crazy and now you guys want to take 25 channels off it. thats bull *** and we should get all locel channels for free and we pay and only get some and now the kids channels and comdey ones are going then. we have to look for another place to get tv and pay crazy prices. so leave the ones we got alone and add more and stop thinking the people can pay more when everyone just getting by now. it not right and this is my say in this bull *** and the usa is going to ***.

Directv

Directv is not a good deal. Too many commercials,taxes,equiptment fee's,early termination fee's. I will complete my contract April 2013 & will drop this service. I was reviewing my bill & noted that they had increased my monthly bill from $97 month, to $126 month, I contacted them and they said I had agreed to subscribing to the NFL package. Apparently, when I reduced my premium package earlier this year, they had offerred me the NFL package for free until July of this year & then I'd be charged. I told them I was unaware of this & that I did not want the NFL package. They supposively, will not charge me for the package. I called them lowering my package so as to lower my monthly payment & low & behold, I got less TV & a higher monthly payment. I have the basic package & pay $97 a month, there are few good channels,most channels are advertisements. I read complaints from others & decided to reply with my agreement,that Directv is a rip off. I will not renew my contract when it ends. Just a word of advice, I was a previous subscriber of Dish TV & it was a similar rip off,thats why I switched to DirecTV,DeJaVu.

Directv in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Direct Tv scams

There seems to be alot of mutual feelings of being scammed by their service. They admitted they owed me $1600, but will not credit my account. They will tell you its cheaper to get an upgrade in service then you find out you actually will be paying over $65 more, and they respond by, " you save by getting $5.00 off the premium channels" What? Then that would be lying to the custumer, and fraudulant!! So what can be done as a group to get back what we deserve as customers ?? They need to pay back what is not theirs!!
Review

Directv in Phoenix, Arizona - DTV dropping channels!

DTV has been the most dissapointing network that I've ever had over the last few years!! My family has gone threw cox cable threw dish and direct and out of those dtv has been the one network to continuously eliminate alot of the channels that I originally got the package for.It has been very inconvenience and frusting.As a consumer you expect to have you paid for and when these money leaching Neanderthals get to some kind of aggrement it will be to late!! I'm looking into U-VERSE and hopefully us the consumers will stand up and get what they paid for in the first place.

Here we go again. Another round of "we have to jack up your price 30% so we can feed you 15 channels worth watching and charge you for the 235 that you don't" NetFlix here I come!!!!!!