Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Directv in Tacoma, Washington - Direct tv and their programing

I was a loyal direct tv customer for approximately 12 years, two years ago I switched to Dish TV and have now switched back to Direct TV I was told when I switched that I could get the channels I was watching and the shows I was watching. I gave the person I talked with that information and then switched. Not only do I not get the channels I was watching but I also dont get the shows I am used to watching. Imhave called in to try and correct this every since I was hooked up. first they said I could get the shows just at different times. I do not record shows nor do I want to learn how to record shows at this age. Then I was told that they do not get all the channels but offer other channels. That is not what I was told when I signed up. One of the channels they now say I need and HD receiver. I do not have HD tv so why would I want a receiver that I have to pay and additional fee to get then an additional monthy fee when I wasnt told that in the first place. I went to their complaint department and was told they offer other channels (big deal), but that was my option or pay more money. I think the first person who signed me up was told get them signed up we dont care what you say and once they are under contract they are stuck with additional charges. Tom Shuler

DIRECTV CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS

I'VE BEEN A DIRECTV CUSTOMER FOR SEVERAL YEARS. OUT OF THE BLUE, I GET THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE: YOUR TV DOES NOT SUPPORT THIS PROGRAM'S CONNECT PROTECTION. REPLACING THE TV'S HDMI CABLE WITH COMPONET CABLES WILL ALLOW YOU TO VIEW THIS PROGRAM. I CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THE WOMAN I SPOKE TO SAYS I NEED NEW COMPONENT CABLES TO WATCH PREMIUM CHANNELS AND THAT I NEED TO BUY THEM. I TELL HER THAT THIS IS RIDICULOUS BECAUSE EVERYTHING WORKED FINE THE NIGHT BEFORE. SHE HAS NO RESPONSE. I TELL HER THAT I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO CHANGE MY ENTIRE SETUP. SHE HAS NO RESPONSE. I TELL HER THAT I WANT A CREDIT BECAUSE THE MOVIE CHANNELS CAN'T BE VIEWED BUT I'M BEING BILLED FOR THEM. SHE SAYS THAT THE SYSTEM IS DOWN SO SHE CAN'T ADDRESS THAT MATTER. *** DIRECTV. I'M MAKING PREPARATIONS TO SWITCH TO U-VERSE.

I hope you people that are complaining about someone's complaint don't have an issue with them in the future. I didn't sign up with them because of the Bully representative that said she couldn't give me rates until she secured my credit card number.

That should be illegal. So...they STILL SUCK!

Switch to U-verse. I would be happy to see that!

I hate *** *** *** customers like you. Hint hint U-verse has the same thing now too. The movie channels are doing that because of copy right protection. People have found ways to illegal download content via an hdmi cable.

Everyone is being forced to watch them via component cables now. Quit ***! Component cables can view up to 1080i! And guess what the movie channels only go up to 1080i.

Chances are if you buy a lot of ppvs that is the only thing you are getting in 1080p and that is the only time you are using the full potential of you hdmi cable. This is not a Directv issue, and this has nothing to do with their customer service it has everything to do with ignorant customers not realizing this is happening to everyone.

Switch *** and see what the *** happens. PS Directv will even send you free component calbes because they are nice like that you ***.

Be prepared to see the same ar u verse all prenium channels for all providers have this encryption. Go online and research hdcp proection

View more comments (2)

Directv in Phoenix, Arizona - Andre, employee ID#:407430

Just recently made a transition from Cox to Directv, this company is a complete joke. not only have I had to have multiple technicians come out to my house for my installation but since install I still haven't been able to get my "On Demand" working. I decided for the 5th time to call a manager, and to my despair, nothing has changed. Making the transition from Cox to Directv has been nothing short of a pain in the neck and I have full intentions of switching back to Cox this weekend. TO SUM IT UP, DIRECTV HAS HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

You do know there is an early cancellation fee of $20 for every month left on your 2 yr contract right? this fee will most likely be automatically taken out of the account they have on file for you without your permission plus they often charge for non returned equipment fees before you can get their boxes sent back..Be sure to get a tracking # for these.

Directv in Rochester, New York - DirectTV Dish Placement

On June 14 Direct TV installed a Dish antenna on a 5 foot pole in the side yard of 158 South Avenue, Hilton, NY. It is only 5 feet from the sidewalk and visible to us and all the neighbors on the other side of the street. It is an eyesore and we want it removed. Unfortunately, the Hilton Village said it was within code, but we will pursue that issue with the county. If the owners of the property will not remove it, we will plant 6 foot pine trees on our property line to hide it from view. We will also report to everyone we know in Hilton that DirectTV has no regard to the appearance of our village.

47 C.F.R. Section 1.4000

Review

Directv in Rochester, New York - DIRECT TV CUSTOMER SERVICE?

Update by user Jul 15, 2012

Since my original episode with Direct TV customer service I have had NO follow up phone call, no customer support has made any attempt to contact. Again, this is the WORST experience I have ever had with a service oriented company.

Original review posted by user Jun 14, 2012

I RECENTLY BECAME A NEW CUSTOMER OF DIRECT TV AND FELL FOR THE SALES PITCH AT SAMS WHOLESALE. MY 86 YEAR OLD FATHER WHO LIVES IN A SEPERATE LOCATION NEXT TO MY HOME SEES THEM PUTTING UP THE DISH AND NOW WANTS TO FIRE THE CABLE COMPANY AND GO TO DIRECT TV. i CALL THE "CUSTOMER SERVICE" PEOPLE, THEY THEN TELL ME THAT I NEED TO TALK TO THE SALES OFFICE THEY THEN TELL ME I NEED TO SPEAK TO THE MOVERS DEPARTMENT THEN I'M BACK TO THE "CUSTOMER SERVICE" DEPARTMENT AND HOUR LATER. I AM 54 YEARS OLD AND HAVE NEVER HAD TO DEAL WITH A SERVICE COMPANY THAT DIDN'T HAVE A STREAM LINE WAY OF DOING ADDITIONAL BUSINESS. WELL THIS COMPANY OBVIOUSLY IS NOT INTERESTED IN ADDITIONAL BUSINESS, SO DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND STAY WITH WHOM EVER YOU HAVE. DISGRUNTLED

im sorry you didnt get help however there are a few things you could have done to avoid any confusion if you were wanting to share your cable package with your father youd want to set up a 2nd home account or your father would have had to speak to customer service to set up a new account.

They did you a favor by not servicing you be very happy you don't have to deal with them.

I hope it works out good for you and you have no problems with DirectTv but so many people do.Their rating with the BBB is very poor because of the numerous complaints against them.DirectTV does not hesitate to take advantage of seniors.

View more comments (3)

Directv in Holmen, Wisconsin - Horrible customer service

After years of having cable tv we switched to Direct TV 8 months ago. When the installers arrived I told them that we had been referred by a relative, they said OK and they wrote down the person's name. I also told them I would need my DVD player hooked up after they got the receivers installed. They told me that was no problem. I also told them that we were getting a new TV in 3 days and we would be moving one of the DVR's to that TV which they said would be OK because that was one of the remote controls they did not have. They were here for several hours doing the installation which included 2 whole home DVR's. When they were done they realized that they were short 2 remote controls, so they said I would have to go to the dealer to pick them up and then I would need to call in, to have someone walk me through the programming. When we got our new TV I moved the DVR however, I could not get it to work even with tech support, so I had to call the dealer to have an installer come back and do the installation. I called to schedule the appointment for them to return. The Office Manager said that she would send their best installer. When the guy arrived he spent much of the time he was here "scolding" me because I really should be charged $89 for them having to return to change the DVR. Two days later I went to watch a movie and guess what, they had failed to hook up the DVD player. I attempted to hook it up using the owner's manual however, neither the DVR or the TV matched the setup shown in the book. I called the dealer and the office manager said that she would need to call me back to setup a time for this to be done. A week later my Mother had Direct TV installed and told them that we had referred her and they said they would report that. So I was surprised when I got my bill and did not have any credits for referrals. When I called about it they said because we had not used our account number. At this point we hadn't gotten our number but that didn't matter. Now 8 months later I have made at least a dozen calls about having the DVD player hooked up, it hasn't been done yet and the last time I called they mentioned that it would probably cost me $89.

Wow, that's pretty rough, but the mistakes are easy to spot (hindsight always is). The way you word this sounds like you went through a 3rd party retailer for the installation instead of Directv, their installers tend to not know as much about the power inserter's and filters needed for whole home make it more difficult for you to move the equipment yourself (3 hours of phone troubleshooting to relocate my own box after I had an internet connection kit installed for my HD-DVR taught me that).

The guy that comes to your house also is not the guy you give the referral info to, all the print/radio/tv ads say to give the info at time of order... by the time the installer is there it's 2-3 days after the order is placed.

The installer either misled you, simply forgot, or was an *** when he said hooking up the DVD player wouldn't be a problem. The technician who came to your house was not being paid to install anything but the Directv equipment, anything else he can say no, do it out of the kindness of his heart, or charge custom charges.

Not sure where you got that probably amount, there is a fixed fee for installation of 3rd party equipment, it's the same as relocating a box to another room. $49, not $89, and can ordered from your online account (what I ultimately did when I couldn't get my HD-DVR to work right after moving it myself).

And that leads up to the last part, if you gave an email when the order was placed, you should have an email dated within 24 hours of ordering it (like I got), complete with account number and link to submit your rebate online. If you didn't have an email, it would have been a letter that arrived a day or so after installation with the same information.

The retailer that placed the order should have also given a confirmation number and an account number for your to write down. If you are anything like I used to be, you dutifully told him to go ahead and read you the number, even moved your hands in the motion of writing, without ever grabbing a pen thinking 'I won't need this'. Yes, I learned to stop doing this the hard way, too! :)

Sorry, but after being a customer with DirecTV for over 15 years, I have nothing but absolutely positive experiences with them. Switched to Dish Network to get a local channel during two olympics ago, and THAT is a horrible customer service company.

Switched immediately back to DirecTV.

Thing is...DVD players aren't what they work with, and really have nothing to do with the system. Sounds like you need to upgrade your TV system. Not DirecTV's fault. You wanted DirecTV?

You got it. Fix your own *** DVD player.

View more comments (1)
Review

Directv in Independence, Missouri - They owe me over 175$ and said they have sent the check over 3 months ago.

We ordered direct tv at the end of febuary and begining of march. They told us we would have no issue living on the bottom floor getting service well the whole time we had them we hardly watched an hour of tv and it kept fading out they came over atleast 10 times in the first month sayig some wire was messed up after they talked me into letting them drill holes in my wall and everything! then the *** began my apt was flooded so the leasing agent was nice enough to let us move to a second story apt for the same price and was much bigger and nicer so i called direc tv they said there was a 128.00 movers fee and i told them i had been with them less then 30 days!! they said they will refund if there is no line of sight at the new apt! there was NO line of sight and they cancelled my service after 5 visits from them to make sure there was no way for me to get service! they refunded my first mnth and was suppose to send me a check in the mail for 128.00 pluss 77.00 for the second month of service! it is june 13th and I STILL HAVE NO CHECK I call every monday and they say well we will move this up to finance and we will look into why it hasnt been recieved! it makes no sense! I made sure they had my mothers address cause the first month they kept saying we had the wrong address which im pretty sure that the only thing that changed was the number 12 to 204 thats it we didnt even move buildings ive gone to the post office they said they would let our mail man know sure enough he made sure to tell us that he had not seen anything and would be delivering our mail directly under the door and that he has but still 2 more months go by and still no check I am about sick of them and lying to me if there weas a check it should be for over 300.00 for the interest they have taken. That is what they would do if it was me not paying them! they are liars and cheaters I have called and everytime they say i understand i would be upset to and im sorry and then i waint an hour to even speak to a rep! I cant wait to get my money from them and they see what else i can do legally for the issues ive had with them!
Loss

Directv in Greenville, South Carolina - Direct TV should change their name to Indirect TV

I currently run Evergreen Country Club in south Florida and went from cable to Direct TV. What a mistake! The people that sell you the product promise the world, but good luck getting service. They sub-contract everthing, so you have no idea who your dealing with. The last so called repair man did not speak english and seemed irratated that I could not speak spanish. What is going on! He left without resolving the problem which means you have to start all over. This means leaving 10 voice mails trying to get a real person to talk to you on the phone. That alone on an average takes at least 7 days. In the mean time I have Members complaning that seven of the nine TV's I pay for are not working. I spoke to what I thought finally was a qualified person on the phone last week. She said she new what the problem was and was sending out parts to take care of it. I finally got the parts, but I can't find anyone to install them, nor can I find anyone to call me back. Do Not Order Direct TV! They should change the name to Indirect TV. A company of clowns.

They should callit "Direct Ripoff TV"

Review

Directv in Dallas, Texas - After 3 receivers returned, Direct TV didn't return $900.00 to me

The problem of Direct-TV not returning my money after we returned receivers has been going on since November 2011. We contacted Direct-TV before we moved at the end of August and did not receive boxes to ship receivers back to Direct TV. We moved and again contacted Direct-TV and they sent one box. We returned the receivers and shortly after that, $900.00 was deducted from my account in Nov. 2011. After hours on the phone, we have yet to receive a refund. Direct-TV shuffled me from one person to another, finally agreed that they owed the money and assured me they would return the money. I'm still waiting for the money.

Directv in Dallas, Texas - ANTI AMERICAN is Direct TV

Tonights game The US Mens National Team plays a world cup qualifier vs Gutemala ...not on except pay per view !!!!!! While they gladly cover the entire Euro Cup....reshow games over and over...not to Mention The Mexico game is being televised tonight ...... Dont tell me Americans dont follow Soccer or you wouldnt be covering Euro Cup ! n m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m.