Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Directv in Hickory, North Carolina - Direct SAT TV

Direct Tv had me place the new account in my husbands name without his knowledge or even asking to speak with them. Then they offered me a $1.00 start up cost because the bank was closed that Sunday and Memorial Day, they said it would get me some time to get to the bank to deposit the first month payment. I stressed to the associate I only had $5.00 in my account do NOT take any more money then the $1.00 until atleast Wednesday. I woke up Tuesday to find my account in the negative because they took $21.45!!! Do they refund me? NO, they claim they have to speak to my husband who had nothing to do with setting up the account! They also lied about bundling internet, At&T does NOT offer service where I live like they claimed I would get. Sorry any company that steals money from someones account and lies, deserves shut down!

The $1.00 start up cost was simply to get your account # which they will keep on file to use anytime they see fit. You can dispute the charges with your bank but to keep DTV from placing charges in the future,you will need to change #'s or close the account.There is a $20 per month fee charged for every month left on your contract plus they often charge for nonreturned equipment fees and this can run into the hundreds of dollars. DirectTv is a Scam and it would be to your benefit to read all the complaints on this and other sites

Directv in Livingston, New Jersey - Still no cw

Am pissed that Directv has removed the CW from my local channels. They say it is not available in my area yet I know people in the same small town I live in in who still receive it. What's the deal? I can get it off my digital local channels but that doesn't help if I want to use my DVR. I have been a Directv customer for almost 6 years and am sick of the run around "sorry its not available in your area, nothing we can do" speech everytime I call to ask about it. Fix it Directv!

Directv in Chatsworth, California - Satellite Direct Is ***

Satellite Direct is a scam and provides nothing. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY. You will be presented with a rather long list of Channels - 99.9 % don't work. You'll see "the channel server is busy or is not responding", or "SatelliteDirect is connecting to Media. Please allow up to 30 seconds..." then nothing happens, or you get an offer to download some other software that will ..." DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY. Hulu is much better. At those VERY FEW channels that do provide some VIDEO the QUALITY IS VERY POOR - except for the commercials of course - those are quite clear and VERY NUMEROUS. Again, don't waste your time and/or money.

Directv in Mission, Kansas - Nascar

i'm so tired of them having the same people on there race scanners every week they show dale jr or Jimmie johnson we never see jeff gordon i got direct tv for the racing but what a joke . I'm so tired of them doing this i'm thinking of dropping them its *** me off !!!!!!!!! why can't they show the drivers by the way they qualify that way is fare for everyone not just up to one person on who he wants to watch (dale lover). Maybe they should do it by wins. I'm so tired of this please someone do something

Directv in Phoenix, Arizona - Direct TV

I was suppose to be getting Starz for free until OCT 2012. Come to find out everytime I tried to get those channels this message would pop up on my TV that said" Your TV does not support this program content protection> Replacing the HDMI cable with component cables will allow you to view the programs. They will not send a technician out to fix it they want me to fix it myself. They left me on the phone for 35 mins, the first guy I spoke to James just left me hanging and then I guess he connected me to Tech Support and didn't have the courtesy to inform me what he was doing. They gave me all kinds of excuses but no remedy to the problem.

I am having the same problem. Direct TV sent me the "correct" cables, but I'm still having the problem.

Now they are saying it is my TV, that it has a built in code and I need to call the TV manufacturer to get this fixed. :(

I wished to end my movie package at the end of my billing cycle. called Direct tv they said, "They have to end it today & give a credit or call back on that day." I ask to speak to her supervisor, I was on hold about 5-10 min.

the agent cam back & said"She said I would have to call back that day to c/c." She wouldn't let me talk to her. "she was with another agent.I could try another super." I can't waste my time on these people.

You need component cables. It is that simple.

The movie channels i.e. hbo, starz, showtime, and cinemax are all changing because consumers have found a way to illegal download content from these premium channels via an hdmi cable. This is not directv this is the channels themselves. All you need is the cables, and Directv will send them out to you for free no less!

They are the ones with the green, red, and blue tips they will provide hd picture up to 1080i. The reason they won't send an installer? Because it would take a 5 year old less than 3 minutes to figure out.

This is happening with every company, so stop crying about it and have them send the cables. This is something completely out of their control.

You need component cables. It is that simple.

View more comments (3)
Review
#320915 Review #320915 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Directv in Athens, Alabama - Cables inside my siding w/o permission

I am not a customer of Direct TV but my neighbor had a Direct TV dish installed in their backyard and told the technicians they had permission to put the cables going to the dish behind my siding on my house which I never gave permission to ANYONE for this to be done. I had no idea this had been done to my home until after they had moved. These are townhomes so you can see why I did not know till after they were gone. I was informed by Direct TV, I would have to take them to court myself to get the cables taken out and fix any problems it had caused to my siding since the people have now moved after renting the home WHAT GIVES!! Why did Direct TV technicians not ask me since it was my home. When I asked what their names were the rep for Direct TV said he could not tell me. First of all, this is not my problem, it is Direct TV's problem and how do you take someone to court when they won't even tell you their names.

file the court case as against the company hold them vicariously responsible for the actions of their employees, who damaged your property during the scope of their employment. The torts are negligence, tresspass and conversion. You can also file the names of the accussed as John Doe and use discovery process to identify the workers.

Review
#320913 Review #320913 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Directv in Palm Springs, California - I got screwed

I referred a friend to Direct TV who apparently gave someone elses account number - so I never got my $100 credit -or $10 for 10 months. I called and asked a supervisor if they could compensate me in any way for my referral - as a loyal and longtime customer - and was told there was nothing they could do. They got a new customer because of me, and I guess I just got "screwed"! I will never bother to refer a friend again, as it actually caused me to "loose" a friend instead! Instead of calling it "refer a friend" - they should call it "loose a friend"! Thanks a lot Direct TV! Way to go!

After their account is open they can't apply refer a friend. Calling the 1800 number will not do the trick.

If your friend gave the wrong number, to bad. The reason why they have the refer a friend line so that customers can even still get this credit is that they can open the account under that. If they let everyone with an open account say so and so referred me, it would cause the company to loose thousands of dollars. Anyone could call in and so say so and so referred me.

If you ask me the company is only saving their ***. If they did it any other way, it wouldn't make sense.

DirectTV is well known for not giving these credits to all customers, they only allow a few customers to get this credit. They will come up with all kinds of excuses...They LIE...Your friend may very well may be a good customer

I side with the company on this one. They have to run a credit check and be sure that your friend is going to be a good customer. Because your friend used a friend's account, that isn't good.

First things first. I am in no way associated with DirectTV.

No company would give you a credit under these circumstances. I'm sorry, but I side with DirectTV on this one. If your friend isn't accepted, you don't get the money. That's the norm.

View more comments (2)
Review
#320843 Review #320843 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Directv does not deliver and is predatory

So here is my Directv story. When it rains, which in FL is always at the most critical point in a game, the signal goes out. So I am a huge NFL fan. Last year during the playoffs, which are carried on local stations, they decide to have a dispute with the channel that carries the playoff games. I miss them all because of this dispute. I want to watch a Panther game in the playoffs and the channel is blocked. The only way I can see them is to buy a package! I instruct them to cancel and they do. I have TV up to the news before the Heat game and they cut me off so I can't see it. I have switched. Maybe you should too,
hollins1

THANK YOU WOW FOR THIS COMMENT.SOME PEOPLE ARE SO SENSELESS.LIKE I STATED SO MANY TIME'S BEFORE,YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.COME ON NOW.WTF.

Blackouts are usually out of their control. They have NFL Sunday ticket which is subject to blackout too and if in your local area they decide to black it out it is not up to directv.

You can get the package and pray that your channels will show up on that or one of your local stations, if not it is completely out of their hands because the sports team had it blacked out for some reason or another. This happens with all companies. It is just regulation. Another thing if it is a heavy rain and your signal goes out that is normal.

What did you expect with getting a dish type company? The signal comes from freaking outer *** i n g space and if there is something in-between messing the signal up of course you will not get it! Its common sense, both Directv and Dish Network were started for people who could not get cable in their area. Now they have developed into larger corporations to fit the needs of the consumer.

They are still a company that uses a dish, so of course it is not going to be like cable and not have signal issues in heavy weather.

What the *** do you expect? Switch to cable if your so *** particular but you aren't going to be offered as many channels or open to as many sports.

View more comments (1)
Review
#320834 Review #320834 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Refer a friend to get taken by Directv

I referred my parents to Directv because they r an OK company. They have had service for less than 6 months & the DVR box isn't working. They told my mom she would have to pay for a new box...but this box was obviously a bad box. They then tell her that she didn't have insurance. So these boxes only last 5 months... ripoff....same as directv I hate that my parents left dish network to fool with more shady people!! Times are hard folk. Directv don't advertise that they will fool u & give u shoddy equipment that don't last 6 whole months.

They also extend your contract for another 2 years if the equipment is changed for any reason.They know their equipment is bad and use this to get more money from the customer. They are Shady beyond compare...

Review
#320769 Review #320769 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Directv in Los Angeles, California - Special Effect:fast fwd, reverse w/remote

After exhausting all remedies offered by Support techinicians to solve the problems of reverse, fast forward and stop with the remomte, I was told the problem is related specifically with HD Recievers and Engineering was working to fix the problem. My concern is why didn't we have the problems previoiusly with the same equipment? I can only guess it was something Direct TV has done with the re-arrangement of display opinions and remote functins. To fix the problems, I'd guess, all they have to do is return the system to the configuration it was in prior to the sudden malfunction using the remote and mountainous accumalation of complains. It's the simplist way to cure the problems and the least costly. Considering the number of loyal customers that are comtemplating leaving Direct TV or seek legal remedies.
Review
#320712 Review #320712 is a subjective opinion of poster.