Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Directv in Washington, District Of Columbia - Direct TV took funds from my bank

I closed my account and per customer service waited for equipment return instructions. It never came and I am a truck driver so I am seldomly home. Then they take$700 from my bank account without notice or warning. I had business checks bounce because their error. I also have several NSF to pay because of their error. The equipment was later returned at my expense and they have not reimbursed my account. This is ridiculous. This is a terrible experience. Stay away from Direct TV. This is not good customer service. I will never again deal with this abusive company.

DIRECTV *a brief educational experience

Directv through BestBuy. I was looking for some new headphones in BestBuy and a Directv sales rep confronted me and my wife. It just so happens I only have internet service through xfinity 6mbps economy package $40/mo no contract. First off, let me just say how skeptical I am of dish networks and after reading all the terrible reviews I made sure to let him know no to BS me and get to the end of the promo #s etc. It was suggested that the Choice Extra with HDDVR. He suggested that if we do not get the DVR we may not get HD, but he wasn't sure after working there for six months (yellow flag) We agreed on a $41/month x 12 months & $80/month x 12 months where we have unlimited access for 3 x months and have to call to cancel HBO/Cinemax/Everything Else not included in Choice Extra. Also the normal fee of $10 HD access fee & $6 Receiver rental fee are waived for one year. I had to create/log into an account and sign up for the online rebate/promotion I was being offered. It was an ok experience, make sure you confirm your email & complete all the steps. After making some calls with the sales rep at BBuy they charged $20 account activation on the spot. We made an appointment for install. They came today to install at 7am like I asked them to (not all installers are willing to do this) Wouldn't install on the roof (metal roof) or siding (T-111). They opted to install a 2" galvanized pipe and lay the lines on the ground in the front yard for $85. The technician had called me the day before and he said he would bury the lines as long as I paid the $85. I guess he changed his mind when it became a whopping 25 ft bury :) "Get the backhoe!" At least he didn't tell me he 'had to' bury them and charge me or something else rediculous~ Now for the complaint. Complaint #1. There is some sort of system preset 'fubar' where DIRECTV doesn't offer 1080p. As for those non-tech-savvy, there are different formats ON HDTVs: 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p FYI(its either progressive scan (p) -or- interlaced (i) AKA half-frame) I immediately asked the technician how I can adjust to 1080p, he said we don't have it YET - (oh yeah, like the whole local channel thing, "not yet my *** at least they offer local channels now. So he says I'm better off setting my DIRECTV box to 720p (this is not high definition folks) So I flip from 1080i to 720p and sure enough he is absolutely right, 720p wins! YAY Just what I wanted, way better that bunny ears, way better than analog (480) AKA stolen cable. But wait, I have 20-20-15 vision(perfect) and I went to the pay per view for Kung *** Panda 2 and that picture was 1080p. So WTH, this is the 'fubar' I mentioned earlier. Apparently they think we are blind and *** but guess what I've been doing some homework and I intend on keeping me service for now. Comcast/Xfinity (I hate both) offers 1080i & 1080p, I know because I used to work for them, at higher cost. So if you really want that progressive look you are going to have to pay for it. Called comcast/xfinity for info. Three sales reps did not know the difference from 1080i/1080p so they couldn't tell me what they had. I know d@mn well they provide both, but I don't want to pay for it. Their deal: HD Starter Double Play (HD TV & Internet) 117.85/month plus $79.90 install. That promo I had to ask about twice: $88.89 +tax (about $100)/ month for 6 months then see above. THIS IS IMPORTANT: NO CONTRACT, NO CREDIT CHECK I swear I don't work for comcast/xfinity I am only trying to educate even if it take an hour out of my day. Thanks for posting, I read almost every review before signing up and am prepare. Thanks So for myself I will now have DIRECTV for $80/month +/- & Xfinity Economy Internet 6mbps $40/month until that contract ends and or I die prematurely from staring at this computer.

You are a ***.noboby broadcast in 1080p.only blueray and ppv.cable runs 950mhz dish and direct run 2250 mhz CABLE UPVERTS SIGNAL.

#411902

*** dude! Please do more homework.

You apparantly do not know *** You worked for cable? Then you should know the difference in technology.You made yourself sound so intelligent at the start of that post,then got suckered.and 720 is hd.its called "old" Your the reason I hate cable guys!

View more comments (1)

Directv in Summersville, West Virginia - Wvcowgirl24@yahoo.com

canceled directv service on sept 30. sent equipment back on nov 11. they received them on nov17. they took289.58and215.00out of my account without my permission.i had paid 50.10 for oct/nov/dec/no service three months paid 150.30. i agreeed to pay 50.oo on my account a month. but they went to myaccount took out money . why so much 654.88 ?i just get 671.00 a month .there should be a law a gain people like this.moved in apartment on oct 1-3. how can you owe for service you don/t have a dish

Armani watches have many qualities associated with them. This is because of a number of reasons and all of these explain why Armani is so popular.

Armani Watches market is an extremely competitive market with hundreds of different brands competing with each other. Armani is one brand that everyone knows is at the top end and this article will explain just why that is.The main reason why armani new watch is so popular is due to the sophistication of the watches and it the sophistication element that enables us to realise just why people actually buy watches.Armani have many strong characteristics associated with their brand. One of their particular strongest characteristics is probably the fact that all their watches are so exquisite. Armani create many mens armani watch every year and every succeeding year the majority of these watches are snapped up by lots of happy consumers.

The consumers are all happy because they surely have just bought a new Armani watch and are again, delighted with their exquisite watch.One can be blow assured of searching superb. As there are abounding assorted kinds of ash footwear available, it's simple to acquisition the brace that one brand the best. There Abundance is a cogent agency that one should contemplate while affairs shoes and it's something that one will apprehension is acutely advised in the architecture and accomplish of ash sneakers.This logo has currently founded a globally presence. Ash has admiring globally consumers with boots and shoes that yield abode to be aces in blueprint and developed with best accomplished adroitness and materials.

Away from your Ash address in Northern Italy, their shoes and boots accept deliver to European centers and accept acquired a ballast central the bazaar segments of USA.Patrons know that the Ash shoes and boots they are wearing are a fusion between wearability and fashionability. The influence of Italian sense of luxury along with France's sense of design make shoes by ash in par with various other high-end shoes and boots manufacturers in the world yet has a much larger reach to the broad spectrum of society with its extensive range of shoes and boots.Ash shoes have recently been recognized by numerous top fashion magazines with articles in Vanity Fair, Elle, and Marie Claire. Under the direction of ash bags, Ash continues to make fresh designs to stimulate their ever extensive footwear collection. Their smart designs have a huge following that have been anticipating the brands designs for many years.Ash Mens' Vincent tan buckle leather trainerAsh Vincent is a classic high top buckle sneaker for Men.

Vincent has a soft leather upper with 4 buckles down the centre front and one at the heel. There is a side zip for ease of fit. ash sneakers are an essential item for any guy who cares style and comfort. Vincent hi-top trainers continue to be a bestselling style season upon season.

Ash trainers have a generous fit. If you are between shoe sizes, we recommend you purchase the smaller size.You can get finest Swarovski bracelets inside Singapore from the online shops in addition to retail outlets. The most suitable attribute of shopping for jewellery in this manner is it can offer more thatn enough styles.It could be hard for you to decide all solitary part swarovski jewelry sets and or Swarovski necklace around your neck. The jewelry Singapore that you simply use the internet will certainly accommodate just about any apparel.When you purchase a copy Swarovski pearl earrings or even swarovski uk necklace web based you will are aware that there is a amazing big difference around cost structure.

Any time you seeking Swarovski Gemstone inside Singapore you can find the best inside the web stores.Good quality shoes insole materials should be moisture, breathable, and have good dimensional stability, resistance to flex and so on, to meet the requirements, but also give the bottom of the foot a comfortable environment.Anyway, there are more elements than the above all that could determine you to buy tory burch sandals, and you can not miss it.Tory burch is an attainable, luxury lifestyle brand defined by classic American sportswear with an eclectic sensibility. It embodies the personal style and spirit of its co-founder and creative director, Tory Burch. Perceiving a void in the market for a sophisticated American aesthetic at an accessible price point.If you are thinking of buying watch for your man, you can log on to shop4brand. This website offers genuine Tissot watches, Tommy Bahama Watches, Swatch Watches, and other branded watches like Calvin Klein, Movado, Longines, Casio, and many more.

The best part is that here you can get the best watches at the best prices. Recently, tissot sale online has beome the best and fastest way for you to have it.tissot automatic that embrace the trends can help you complete your wardrobe. Of course, if you are laidback and prefer the casual look, Tissot has a collection for you.The origin of Tissot watches can be traced back to 1853. The reader must be aware of the fact that Tissot watches are from Switzerland, the land of watches.

The hallmark of the product lies in the fact that one can afford high precision instruments without making a deep dent on their pockets. The t tissot that are being manufactured by the company range from normal casual wears to sport watches. They host the most numerous watches in any niche and this has been attributed to one of their successes. In this article, we shall be looking further into the different Tissot watches that are available in the present days.Boat Toms shoes have been normally initially worn by sailors for their utilitarian function, but in the eighties it grew to become modern for these who failed to regularly operate on boats or docks to put on boat toms sale sneakers.

The type was and even now is popular through the US, England, France and Portugal.

They are worn by the two men and girls, even though they are far more typically recognized as men's Toms shoes. They are also historically worn without socks, which makes sense contemplating their origin and supposed useage.

:eek WOW! direct tv is ruthless!

but im not suprised. i have never had nor do i ever want to have DTV. i know better. ive read ALL of the reviews.

yes, dtv really does lie, cheat and steal. I have had dish network for 2 years and 3 months. but since my two yr contract is up, im on a month to month. i am getting ready to move into a larger home on feb 4th and even tho i like dish and have never in 2 years had any problems with them, i played it safe and reported my credit card lost, THEN i plan on calling and canceling next week.

i just dont want to take any chances. i got my new credit card via fedex. i cant afford to have large sums of money just taken out like that. i havent heard about dish doing that but dtv is famous for it--infamous i might say.

they even had a class action lawsuit filed agiants them at one time. i think if i had to chose between not having cable at all or having dtv, you better believe i'd just go w/out tv.

i mean i can always just watch tv on my pc or my laptop and i have tons of dvds. :p

It looks as though they are charging you for early cancellation fees and nonreturned equipment fees.

View more comments (2)

Directv in Woodbury, New Jersey - DirectTv Tech rude liar

On Dec. 30,2011 we were 'supposed' to get DirectTv installed. Well by the time the tech person got to us (at the end of the day) he was not prepared in any way shape or form to install the dish AND had the brass to get rude and disrespectful with us and the super of our complex. The tech outright lied about the installation process because he couldn't be bothered.. Sooo we cancelled the appointment with the supervisor and went back to our old service. This tech said he knew all about our complex, but apparently he didn't and was lying about that also because if he knew he would never have insisted on drilling through the walls to install the dish!! He would have had the flat cable, a pole and whatever he needed instead of being rude and disrespectful to a new customer!!
Directv Installation

Directv in Mclean, Virginia - Direct TV rip off

I fell for the deal where you will get $100.00 credit on you bill for a referal. The installer showed up at my girlfriends, walked around the house and said she could not get reception in her location and left without installing any equipment. Twoo weeks later she starts getting bills for service that she never got. She called the 800 number to complain and the bills keep coming. It's been 3 months and now they claim it's being turned over for collection. I should have known better not one of my bills was ever right. I had to call every month to get it straight.

Directv in Corpus Christi, Texas - Direct T.V. dealing in bad faith

Last year my company moved me to North laredo Tx. once there i found the only cable service available was direct tv. When the operator told me about a 29$ a month deal for the basic package with a two year contract i was conviced that this was my best option since i didnt want to be in the desert with just me and lizards for fun. But i am getting ahead of myself. He ( the sales operator) told me that as a new customer i qualified for the N.F.L. package for free! . So the following day a cable installer met me to set me up, all went smoothly till my first bill arrived and i was shocked at amount 97$ and change,so i called customer service to complain . I was told that this was an initial charge and the following month would reflect my true bill (no problem), the following month sticker shock again over 100$ . So back to the salt mines (customer service) at which time i was told that since i wasnt enrolled for auto pay i didnt qualify for the sale price, so somewhat unwillingly i gave my routing number out and hoped for the best. Not even close i found out the high def box was a fee as well as some other incidentals and after three months HBO and Skinemax were to be an extra charge so i had them removed,(guess what)? any change in your bill means that the contract starts over new. now i was stuck with a theif in my pocket for 27 months. the final straw came when the football season started and went in search of my N.F.L. network and guess what? i didnt have it. So once again i called customer service and complained about the lies and bait and switch that had been going on and that i was fed up with it. I said i didnt want anything to do with them and could they release me from my contract, i was told "yes for a fee of 450$" Now six months later i have been constantly checking my bank account for any unusual activity and i am fed up with this . I have escalated this to the highest office at the corporate headquaters spending uncountable hours on the phone and it just doesnt matter to them, DIRECT TV wants your money, and once they have you by the *** they "SQUEEZE"

Go to Better Business Bureau..that is the only way they will actually resolve billing issues...godd luck ;)

Directv Tv Package

Directv in Summersville, West Virginia - Took money outmy account no permisson

moved changedto apartment installers came two times to install could'nt cause landlady said no holes drilled then sent two remotes and two recievers back to englewood co on 11/7/11 frompost office they recived on 11/17/11 said did't receive.they called said i owed cut off.i said okey i/ll pay you 50.00 a month.ipaid oct/ nov/dec/ 150.30 no servicemoved sept30/toapt.oct2.they took out289.58 plus215.00of my account from debit only gave permisson installion fee of27.00 gave orders no more moneyout of account .always pay with check

You don't really believe they will do as you order do you?

Directv in Atlanta, Georgia - Disputing Credit Repayment of $284.09

I am writing in reference to account number 75583357. I am disputing the charge of $284.09. Within the past six months I cancelled my account with Direct TV. Days after cancelling the account, a representative from Direct TV contacted me in offered me a $300.00 credit to reinstate my account. Doing the conversation with the representative, I stated that I did not want a contract or commitment in order to receive the credit. The representative agreed. The representative explained to me that there were no conditions/terms associated with the $300.00 credit. This left me to believe that I could cancel the service at any time. After the credit was depleted, I cancel my account. At this time I was informed that I would be charged $284.09 to cancel. I feel this is unfair, deceptive, and illegal. I was never told by Direct TV that I would be charged a fee or fees if I cancel the account before a set date. If I had known there were terms and conditions associated to the credit, I would have never accepted the credit. I am requesting all legal documents that prove that I am responsible for the $284.09 that you are requesting. Should this charge be reported to the Credit Bureau resulting in a negative reflection on my credit report, I will seek legal action, to include filing a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General Office of Georgia, against Direct TV? Best regards, Jerry Allison Contact information jerryallison@bellsouth.net or jryhummer1@yahoo.com 404-549-0399

read the fine print, by using the service you agree to a 2 year contract. you dont need to sign anything, just use it and you agree to pay for 2 years or have a cancellation fee charged. if they have your cc number or a relatives cc number they will charge it.

Directv in Morton, Mississippi - DIRECT TV

DIRECT TV DOES NOTHING BUT LIE AND LIE ABOUT THEIR SERVICES AND I AM TOTALLY UPSET ABOUT SERVICE I RECEIVED FROM THEM ON DEC 18 2011 IN WHICH I WAS PROMISED A FREE DVR WITH A LOCAL UPGRADE.. NOT ONLY DID THEY NOT GIVE ME THE DVR BOX, THEY ALSO LEFT THE OLD SATELLITE DISH OUTSIDE OF MY HOME AND MERELY TURNED IT AROUND VERSUS REMOVING IT FROM MY HOME. ONCE I DISCOVERED THE PROBLEM AND CALLED TO COMPLAIN THE SUPERVISORS OF THIS COMPANY ALL BUT LAUGHED IN MY FACE. AND TOLD ME THE SATELLITE PROPERTY WAS MINE AND THAT I ORDERED THE PLAN DISH WHEN I CLEARLY SHOWED EVIDENCE THAT I REJECTED THE PLAIN BOX ON A PREVIOUS NOVEMBER 2011 ATTEMPT AT INSTALLATION. THIS COMPANY ADVERTISES ABOUT THEIR EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE BUT IN REALITY THEY ARE NOTHING BUT LIARS AND CHEATS--PRAYING ABOUT THE SITUATION AND TURNING IT OVER TO THE ONE THAT HAS HANDLED ALL OF WRONG DONE TO ME DIRECT TV... YOUR TIME WILL COME..

to stop screaming..LOL--THANKS FOR THE COMMENT DIRECT TV ADVOCATE..GO AHEAD--EAT DRINK AND BE MERRY STEALING AND LIEING.. CAUSE TOMMORROW YOU WILL PAY, IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE..

I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT WHAT YOU CARE--YOU ARE NOT EVERYONE'S OPINION..THERE ARE MANY THAT ARE CONCERNED ABOUT MY COMPLAINT BECAUSE THEY HAVE ONE OR TWO SIMILIAR--LOL SO KEEP YOUR IDIOTIC STATEMENTS YOURSELF DEAR. OH AND HAVE A BLESSED NEW YEAR--LOL

Stop screaming! There is no need to type in all caps. That only makes people care even less about your complaint.

View more comments (1)

Directv in New York, New York - Cable box want me to pay for it

I have directv no longer need directv because I am moving away call directv to pick up there equipment and they say I can keep the equipment and I have to pay for it ask to speak to the manager and they say the manager is busy they were very rude the worst company ever the staff is rude they do not tell people there policy , anyone who decide to get directv think twice the worst company ever.directv send my name to collection agency and i told the collection dept I offer to send the cablebox back and i told them directtv does not want it back and directv say i have to pay for it the collection agency say what they say to me is crazy and i should call and talk to someone else i call to talk to the manager and they told me the manager is busy .direct tv do not tell people there policy worst company every

Huh, if you want to be silly go play outside. People have real issues here .

They are not worried about spelling nor punctuation or keeping people like you happy. Also next time you call someone out on the way they write you should proof read what you are about to post. You is y o u not u.

Are you a kid and thought you were texting. Silly.

Interesting point of view "huh?" they seem to have enough time to call me four times a day for a survey. They should have managers around to take all calls.

You need to call DTV and ask for a shipping label to return their box.DTV should send you labels from FedEx.When they send you the labels call and have FedEx pick up the equipment and be sure to get a tracking # from FedEx to prove that DTV gets their box back.You are right,they are the worst company ever!

First of all did u or a 4 year old type this? And second of all the managers r always busy its called patience...till u get one on thee line..multi million dollar companies don't have a manager just waiting to take a complaint call

View more comments (3)