Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Directv in Ardmore, Alabama - DIRECT T.V. TOOK MONEY FROM ME ILLEGALLY

I PAID MY DAUGHTERS DIRECT T.V. BILL ONE TIME AND THEN SHE GOT BEHIND AGAIN AND THEY TOOK $600.00 OUT OF MY DEBIT ACCOUNT TO COVER HER CHARGES. THEY DIDN'T HAVE MY PERMISSION NOR MY DAUGHTERS AND I DON'T EVEN HAVE AN ACCOUNT WITH THEM. THEY JUST SAVED MY DEBIT CARD INFO AND STOLD THE MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT. THEY HAVE REFUNDED $288. 00 OF IT BUT WON'T REFUND THE REST. I HAD TO GET A NEW CARD AND WAIT FOR 10 DAYS TO GET IT. THEY PUT A BLOCK ON MY ACCOUNT WHEN I REPORTED IT TO THE BANK SO I STILL CAN'T USE MY CARD FOR AWHILE YET. THEY TOOK MONEY OUT OF MY BANK ACCOUNT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION FOR A BILL I DIDN'T OWE SINCE I DON'T HAVE AN ACCOUNT WITH THEM. ALSO THEY KEPT MY DEBIT CARD INFO WITHOUT MY PERMISSION WHEN I PAID MY DAUGHTER'S BILL. THIS HAS GOT TO BE ILLEGAL. WHAT CAN I DO AND SHOULD I PRESS CHARGES FOR THEM STEALING MONEY OUT OF MY BANK ACCOUNT. THANK YOU SUE HOGAN

IF YOU HAD READ WHAT I SAID YOU WOULD KNOW IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY SPECIAL PRICE. DIRECT T.V.

TOOK MONEY OUT OF MY BANKING ACCOUNT WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE OR CONSENT! I HAVE NOT!!!

GOT AN ACCOUNT WITH YOU AND MY CARD NUMBER SHOULDN'T BE ON YOUR FILE AS I ONLY USED IT TO PAY MY DAUGHTERS BILL NOT MY OWN. THIS IS OUT AND OUT THEIVERY AND I HAVE REPORTED IT TO THE BBB IN YOUR AREA.

This is a common practice for DirectTV to debit someone's account that has paid for someone else's bill.You were wise to put a block and change your account.Ask someone at your bank for advice on what to do they may be able to help you and you could contact an attorney for advice.You can also file complaints with the BBB,FTC&Attorney General in your state(online) but there is no guarantee they will get back with you,they get so many complaints against DTV they don't bother with them.I wish you luck and hope you get your money refunded.

I ALWAYS WRITE IN CAPS AND SINCE THIS IS ABSOLUTELY NONE OF YOUR CONCERN I DON'T PUT ANY CREDENCE TO YOUR SIMPLE MINDED OPINION.AS FOR MY GRAMMER, IT'S BETTER THAN YOURS. YOU JUST WANTED TO HAVE A NEGATIVE COMMENT AND COULDN'T FIND ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY. NO WONDER YOU'RE SAD AND I MIGHT ADD PITIFUL.

Its hard to take you seriously when you type in all caps and you have the grammar skills of a 1st grader.

View more comments (3)
Review

Directv in Albemarle, North Carolina - Get Quoted One Price - Charged Another!

When I became a Directv customer, I was quoted a monthly price of a little over $30.00. Now when I get my bill it is over $50.00. Directv is not honest when it come to their charges. If they quote you one price, then that's the price they should charge. I do not trust directv at all. I have sent two email messages to Directv and received two replies that really didn't answer my question. All I got was excuses as to why the bill was $50.00. Seems they can come up with excuses but do not make any attempt to resolve the issue.

Did you take a look at the work order and confirmation of contract that you signed before the installation tech left your house? Satellite providers pretty much outline the same info; you can get quoted 1 price and receive something completely different yet the hold no responsibility to make amends with you.

The best part is the fact that they outsource all of their agents which from the outside looking in appears to be a way to wiggle out of liabilities made over false promises. Your bill may be $50+ now but rest assured that any of your "free" premiums will skyrocket after the initial 90 days of service and then during months 13-24 they can actually raise the cost of your service to whatever they want. You see this is all outlined in the terms and conditions of their contract.

Why do you think the document is so insatiably long if they weren't trying to scam people? I would also advise for you or anyone else to take a look at the Consumer Affairs website or their BBB rating..

Review

Directv took my money out my bank acct. promise to give it back less fees

Ive talk to 4 people at directv that has promised me that they have chrge my credit card back for the amount owed but it keep showing up as credit on my acct and they keep nibbling at it for new fees. they last lie was i have a bundled acct and they dont refund bundle accts, of course I dont have a bundle acct.so now it takes 30 days for a refund so within that 30 days my acct come due again so they can take some more.what can I do can they do this?justin 449213

call your bank and tell them to refuse any further charges from dtv and debit or eft transfers your bank or credit card company is the answer then dtv will call you if they want money stop payment

If there is a charge listed on your credit card from DTV that DTV will not return to your credit card.You may want to to call your credit card and tell them you wish to dispute the charges and the money will be returned to your credit card pending credit cards investigation but be aware the charges may be returned to your card depending on your credit cards decision. Wishing you luck

View more comments (2)

Directv in Dallas, Texas - CABLE NEW LOOK

DIRECT TV INTERUPT EARLY WEDNESDAY MORNING ,NOT RECORDING PROGRAMS OR ADDIND ALL CHANNELS. THEY CHANGE THE SETTING ON CABLE TO SOMETHING DARK, AND SMALL.ITS REALLY HARD TO SEE ON GUIDE.YOU ASK ME, NOTHING WAS WRONG WITH THE OLD SETTING. TALKING ABOUT DOWNSIZING....we pay all this money for cable to get cut down,along with straining our eyes just to see whats behind the guide. when it was light enough the first time.I really think this was a waste of time,and money.My opion is that you guys need to satisfy the customer and not the staff.It need to be change back to what it is was before .No one was complaining about the setting I dont think.

DirecTV Rip Offs!!!

When I was approved for DirecTV they informed me that I needed a $200 deposit fee, they never informed me it was nonrefundable. After taking my money the technician was scheduled to come out. When he finally arrived he hooked everything up. This was at 12:45pm then at 11p my service was disconnected. I called customer service who referred me to what they called "Special Department" I can see why. The next day i called I was basically cursed out! Come to find out they linked an old account from my spouse to my account. This was in the past and had nothing to do with me! They told me clearly "You aren't getting your money back, you paid for our time!" Three differentpeople kept telling me this and also yelling in the process. I was even told that I can keep trying they will never give and that they NEVER tell anyone about their deposits being non refundable. Be careful! Ask a lot of questions-especially if they ask for money down... It's NON REFUNDABLE!!!

I had to put down $400 deposit, too. They said it will be used to deduct my bill toward the end of the contract, but it never happens.

When I called to ask, they said that $400 was for the installation fee and it is non refundable. If I knew the installation fee was that expensive, I'd never sign contract with them.

Monthly charges were also more expensive than what they advertise. I feel like they have been stealing from me.

DirecTV is a big scam.

After moving from Time Warner Cable in Austin, I signed up as an Internet/TV/Phone package deal with Quest in Denver....I signed a one year contract with Quest, as I wasn't sure if I was staying. DirecTV happened to be the TV part of the deal.....When I decided to move after my one year, I cancelled service with DirecTV, and what a SCAM. They told me too bad, that it wasn't their fault that my new place didn't have DirecTV service and that I was in a 2 year contract with them, so I had to pay the penalty fee of $200.00. I told them I had never signed a contract with them. Read the fine print ALL. DO NOT Sign up with DirecTV EVER. They scam you. I could ramble forever. I pay my bills always. I paid their *** bill to get them off my back. But I will never sign up with them again. They are a dishonest business. If I ran my company that way, I would not have customers. But somehow they are allowed to do this to people. Not right.

Stop reposting. We got the hint the first time you posted this.

DIRECTV Scammed Me

DIRECTV gave me free NFL Sunday Ticket To Go (without my authorization) last year. Then this year they decided to bill me for it at $10 per month. I didn't even know what the service was (it allows you to watch football games on your laptop) until I called them. The rep from DIRECTV was very nice but informed me that this is their mode of operation....give it free unbeknownst to the customer, then charge you later. I would stay away from DIRECTV, I was a customer since 2001 and never missed a payment... I truly feel betrayed by the company that I always stood up for when people told me to switch to Comcast.

Have no fear people, DISHMAN IS HERE!!!! Send me your statements, your complaints, your tears of sorrow.

I will personally take your Dish, and shove it in the a-s-s-e-s of the CEO's created a new dish.....BROWN DISH!!!

Get over 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 channels all about butt games, s-h-i-t, a-n-a-l p-lay and shi-tting on people HAHAHA! DISHMAN!!!!!

Roslyn

I have joined the hate Direct TV. I have found the same complaints as below. I purchased it at Sam's Club and shame on them for allowing this dishonest company in their store.

This happened to me too. The deal is that I signed up for the "Superfan" years ago to get the eight game split screen channel, $100 for the season, $16 a month/five months.

Then in 2009 they rolled the split screen into the Sunday Ticket, raised that price $50/season, and bundled all of the mobile apps into a new package, "NFL Sunday ticket T0-Go", $49.95/season, $9.99/month five months. If you were a Superfan subscriber they auto-enrolled you in the "To-Go" package whether you wanted it or not. I don't own any of the devices necessary to use the service, so why in the World would I ever buy it? The rep I talked to insisted that the To-Go and Superfan were the same.

They clearly are not, but I could not convince him of this. The difference in price is only $1.51/month five months, so unless your really paying attention your not going to notice. When you buy sports packs like I do, the bills fluctuate constantly because of overlaps. I pay online, so I don't get a statement.

Like a lazy boy, I haven't bothered looking at my online statement in years. I would never have known about this but for a hiccup with their tele-pay system when I paid my bill at the last minute in November. I contacted my State's Attorney Generals Office, Division of Consumer Affairs, informing them of this blatant rip-off. I also filed a complaint with the Directv office of the President, informing them of the above, including my contact with AG.

I got my money back right away. Shocking I know, apparently it was "against their policy", but this one time they would make an exception. Unfortunately, I just got an email from the AG that they are happy they could help, but that was the end of their involvement. So they're done.

I believe there are potentially millions of customers out there like me that have been unknowingly ripped off.

CHECK YOUR STATEMENTS! I want to keep pushing this until Directv is exposed in the media, and every potential victim receives restitution.

You'll find a boatload of complaints against Comcast here also. And Dish TV.

And HughesNet. And all the others.

View more comments (3)

Directv in Golden, Colorado - Direct TV Cinema Plus

Do not sign up for Cinema Plus on Direct TV unless you subscribe to all the premium channels. An agent talked me into it because he said I would have access to 7,000 movies which was totally BOGUS. I can't even watch Back to the Future. Out of 7,000 movies with my TV package there are only about 2oo obscure movies I can watch. And the worst part is, I agreed to a two year plan. Direct TV really led me down the wrong road and they will do nothing to right their wrongs. DO NOT sign up for DIRECT TV.

I took Cinema plus but it was at NO Charge and yes their are many movies that you have to pay for and many more you do not. Not sure where Esmerelda2 had a problem.

Loss

Directv in Ashburn, Virginia - Direct tv sales people LIE TO YOU!

Told my daughter that we could call back immediately with account no. to get referral fee. GUESS WHO WAS TOLD NO DEAL!? TOLD US WE COULD CONTACT THE HIGH-UPS AND REGISTER OUR ISSUES! We have had DIRECTV two times for total of more than 12 yrs and they treat us worse now, not better! !!!! direct-tv.pissedconsumer.com/ we do not know if another service is less hitty, but hope to find some people who are decent once our contract is over. WHY ARE THE SALES DEPT WORSE THAN EVEN THE SLIMY POLITICIANS? Also the ad for RED ZONE MEKES IT SOUND LIKE ALL THE CUSTOMERS WILL GET THE PACKAGE. - BUTOF COURSE WE FIND OUT IT COSTS A LARGE AMOUNT UNLESS YOU ARE NEW CUSTOMER. !!!!!

Directv in Union, New Jersey - Scamming the Consumer - rip off

As I was getting ready for work one morning during a very bad storm of thunder and lightning I heard a funny sound and lightning struck my satellite dish. I had no tv service. I called Direct TV and was told they would have to send out a technician. 4 days later a technician came out told me that it was a power surge through the cable that burnt out two cable boxes and burnt out my living room tv. The technician replaced the boxes and went on his way. I bought a new tv since I was told it was not there responsibility. A few weeks later during another storm I heard the same noise and my tv's were out again. Afraid I would have to buy yet another tv I decided to cancel Direct TV and go with another company. I was told when I called to cancel there would be a cancellation charge due to my new contract. I told them I never authorized a new contract and only received new receivers because of the lightning. I was then told there would be no cancellation charge. Today I received a bill for $444.00 from Direct TV when I called them I was told that by getting new receivers it automatically put me into a new contract and that if I would have taken replacement equipment there would have been no charge. I was never given the option of what equipment I wanted only told that a technician would be out to correct the problem. This is insane. These companies should not be allowed to make a decision on the consumer have to pay for it. I never asked for new or upgraded equipment. I only got what the technician brought to my home. Please Please help. I do not know where to turn with this.

:( Please file your complaint with the AG's office, the FCC and other agencies.