Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
Hi, I bundled up with Direct TV and Century Link on September 2011, and they told me that it would take 3 month billing cycle for my bundle process to complete. Two month after i didn't receive any bill from direct TV or Century Link so i call Century Link to pay...

Ok some options at this point:

1.)It seems to me a class action law suite may be in order. I am not joking. I believe that Century Link is running a racket on folks with the bundling option. I believe its a scam to try and wear folks down.

2.)Contact the FCC--with enough complaints we can cost Century Link some real money.

3.)Don't give up. Keep calling them. It costs them $ every time you call. The more you call the more it costs them so just keep calling.

4.)Keep blogging. It's the power of the internet that these companies fear. Make it work for you. The goal is to break Century Link. If they won't respond because they have no spirit of caring, perhaps when they stop making $ this way they will care.

View more comments
Loss

Directv in Bella Vista, Arkansas - Fraudulent Billing by Direct TV on my Visa Bill

I am a 8 yr previously loyal customer of Direct TV. I started my service in 2002 and ended it in April of 2011. I was compelled to end my service because of a move. I more than fulfilled my contractual obligations on my outdated HD recievers. However, your rep. attempted to bill me for a prorated time period which was completely bogus. I had my HD recievers, over 2years one of which failed within a year of activation. I sent it back to DTV for a replacement. Then the other one faultered. Your rep. informed me that a replacement of a broken reciever constituted a reset of my contract time. It took me at least 2 hours over the phone to get that issue resolved. Now, I have been charged for 4 PPV movies which I never ordered. Two of which showed up on my Visa bill 6 months after terminating my service with DTV. I made it clear that I dissaproved the use of my Visa for charging, once I settled my final monthly payment in April It's amazing how poorly a long term client is treated, and how new customers get all the perks of new high tech equipment and programming packages. Their business practices are unacceptable!

I became interested in upgrading my cable box with Direct Tv to a HD DVR box and they told me I would have to extend services for a year, I only had 6 months left to the contract but decided to stay the extra 8 months. Well i cancelled just recently thinking i would owe $60 to finish the contract, turns out, they unknowing to me, extended my contract for 2 years not 1 year and wont own up to doing it without my consent.

Now trying to charge me $220 dollars for cx, and they are being so difficult and rude and wont help at all with looking at the accounts to see I was told a year. They told me that all three different reps who i spoke to were wrong, from 3 different call centers and that i would have to pay anyways and its unfortunate for me.

Stay far away from Direct Tv, you are not getting a bargain, they lock you into contracts without you knowing it... dont get fooled.

My wife and I spend an hour every month with Direct TV Customer Service over our bill. The *** can't get our monthly bill correct.

Either the service reps are idiots, crooks, or DTV has the worst billing software ever invented. We always have to ask for an American representative to get it straightened out.

Wonder how many people are over-paying and don't even know it. There has to be be a better TV provider.

Review

Directv in Troy, New York - Illegal, maybe. Unethical, yes.

My husband and I split in July of this year, after which I guess he decided not to pay for or return equipment to DirecTV. Because my card was the last used to make a payment in MAY, they have charged me for all past due balances, totaling over $600 at this point. My name has never been on the account, even when we were married, and his name is not on my bank account. However, because I paid with my card, I gave them "permission" to use it at their discretion at any time in the future. It's day 8 of their "7 to 10 days" to have my money refunded, nothing yet. Also, because of this debaucle, and the fact that I'm not real keen on this happening again, I have to close my account and open a new one. Because of THEIR unethical practice. Thank you, DirecTV, for making my holidays a nightmare. I will never, ever use your service again and am telling everyone I know (and even those I don't, as evidenced by this rant), to steer clear of ever doing business with you.

1. decided not to pay for or return equipment

2. However, because I paid with my card, I gave them "permission" to use it at their discretion at any time in the future

3. I have to close my account and open a new one.

Summary:you got divorced, threw him out. Bills are all still in his name, so YOU'RE not paying them. You forgot DirecTV had your CC inf, they called in their debt. Way to post that you're defrauding companies and intentionally trying to ruin the ex's credit. Hope there's other proof of it in divorce court c u n t

Doesn't sound illegal or unethical. You voluntarily gave them a credit card to use to pay against your account. They are well within their rights to collect all monies owed.

Review
Beware all readers seeing these negative reviews on Satellite Direct and Satellite Direct Advanced Internet TV. Any review you see this company that says ,pissed,scam,rip off, pathetic etc will be an honest review of this company. I rarely give any company a negative...

I was a Direct tv consumer a year ago. When it was first installed the guy that installed it had left and 5 minutes later half of my channels were blacked out.

when i had called to get the guy back over to figure out the problem (he couldnt have been but a mile away)they said they could not turn him around and it would be 4 days before service could get out there. I told them then just to go ahead and send me some ups boxes so i could send their s*it back. that was cool i got my money back end of that. Then a year later they offer me that new half off for the first year ***.

I took theyre offer what a mistake. its supposed to be 35.99 for the choice extra package for the first year, any way i have to call them every month because my bill is supposed to be 47.98 a month. I get charged every month $99. I call and get credit after credit applied to my account (sounds good) but they never apply.

for the first year i have paid so far 78, 86, 120, 99 dollars a month. with all my credits my bill should be -26.33 but they never apply. i call them they apologize apply a credit that never works and send me a confusing *** bill that i call about every month. i hate their billing.

never will refer anyone to them.

channels are great and price is good. if you can get them to give it to you at the price they advertise it at.

View more comments

Directv in Salem, Oregon - Direct TV Fraudulent Charges

It all began when i purchased direct TV, the receiver they gave me was defective 1 day after beginning service, so the sent me a new one and the nightmare began. We sent back the defective receiver 2 days after receiving the new one. The automatically debited my account for 160 bucks over drawing my bank account for not returning the receiver 1 month after i sent it to them. One month later after many calls they finally found the receiver, but still wouldn't return the money to my account, telling me they were set up to only take money out not put it in. The manager told me to dispute the charges which i already did anyway. I asked to be put on regular billing and off auto pay, which they did, the next billing there was a 10 dollar charge for hd. They told me when taken off of auto pay u have to pay an extra 10 dollars now for hd, they only told me this AFTER i was billed, so i asked to go back on auto pay. They re answer was once off of auto pay you cant be put back on it . So now instead of the 35 a month I signed up for i was being charged 45. They then offered me 3 premium movie channels for free for 3 months so i got those. At the end of the 3 months i called and cancelled them< they told me i could purchase them again there was a special buy one get one premium channel for free so i did. The next bill i was charged full price theyre explanation was i had to pay full price untill my billing period ended. Half way through the month they disconnected me with no warning for putting a stop payment on the 160 they should have never charged me for. I called and talked to a manager he told me i owed them an outragous amount of money that i pay it or no tv. I told him i had called direct tv every month and paid the exact amount they told me to pay. He told me that didnt matter That I pay the new amount or no tv. So i told him im cancelling my account he told me i will be billed for all the fraudulent charges and the two year agreement or they will ruin my credit.

Directv in Mobile, Alabama - Direct TV

Wow, after considering and reading all the comments concerning Direct TV, I have come to the conclusion that 90% of the complaints cannot spell and have no idea how to use spell check. Not a lot more to say, but reviewing these comments, etc., since I am considering switching from AT&T U-verse to Direct TV. I currently have AT&T U-verse U-300 TV, 18 Mbps high speed internet and unlimited national phone service with all the extras. Too bad I have to say that after only 2 1/2 months of service, the operational reliability is poor at best.

Well I don't have a problem at all with spelling, but I do have a problem with DTV LYING to me about having local channels by the end of the year. That's the ONLY reason we signed up to begin with.

We signed up in April. We were promised our local channels by the end of the year for sure. Well last night I had to call about another problem ONCE again so I decided to ask the lady I was talking to about it. And she informed me that they aren't even in negotiations anymore.

A deal just couldn't be reached. And now they want to be upset because we want out of our contract??? But for anyone that is going through the same thing; seems the BBB is very much on the consumers side. I wouldn't be upset having to pay cancellation fees if I felt I owed them.

I have paid them before for switching from AT&T to Verizon. And I didn't even try to get out of them. I owed them. But in this case; they knew this was the ONLY reason we were signing with Direct.

And these people just out right lied so they could pick up ONE more customer.

It's not like they were going to go broke if they didn't have my business. This is definitely not a good way to run a business.

Spellcheck, is THAT what those little red squiggly lines are for??? I thought they were just pretty things for me to look at while I destroy the English language.

Review

Directv in Ridgecrest, California - SCAM!!

I called to set up Dicect TV yesterday and was told I need to go online to receive rebate. The representative i spoke to did not enter correct information in their system... i was forced to call in. They updated my email address and I try again... again I cannot get through I call in agauin and now i am being told the previous renter has an outstanding bill so if is affecting me I have to call back tomorrow because their office is closed. I was told will have to fax in information showing it is not the same person???? We do not have the same Name!!!! Today I have called a total of 6x, was placed on hold for over 10min each time, was transfered to a voicemail and not a rep. I keep hearing sorry we cannot help you we have to transfer you!! Very Pissed.
Review

Directv in Jacksonville, Florida - I wanted Anntenna TV from direct TV and they wont help!

Direct TV does not do a thing about helping a customer to get a tv station I wanted a local staion called Anttenna TV and they dont requist my wishes to put it in the programming! I asked and they would not put me intouch with any one that one direct me to the proper person or persons in charge of changing this! Its a simple request and can be changed, PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS !!! other dont get direct TV they just do care! No customer serive , all they know how to do is charge! Thats really sad ! I miss my other provider! Comcast!

You fail. Go back to school and learn proper English.

Then we can understand you.

If you talk anything like you type, I'm sure the company couldn't help you at all - THEY DIDN"T UNDERSTAND YOU. dummy

cohena2

Oh booh hoo hoo. If this is all you have to complain about then consider yourself lucky and get over it.

Loss
We have had Direct for many years, never paid by credit card. In October, Direct TV decided to hit my credit card for more than the correct amount without authorization. Spent almost two hours on the phone being told that since they had the card number it didn't...

Easy way to stop that ...call the credit card company and explain the problem ..they will stop the charge.

Directv in Norfolk, Virginia - False claims to extend contract

On November 6 (or so) 2011, I tried to cancell DirectTV and was convinced by a female phone agent to suspend account which now they claim is an extention of contract which I was never told when I first called to cancel service. She said it is an option to decide later if I wanted to cancel or not.Today, November 22, 2011, I spent a lot of time trying to cancel this service on the phone with the automated "person" and the male phone agent. Very frustrating and annoying. There was refusal to listen to me the first time to send me what I needed to return equipment. The request was made 4 or 5 times. I had to demand to speak to a supervisor or manager before any real action was taken in regards to my request for what I needed to return equipment. I felt threatened by the agent saying the credit card on the account would be "debited" which I felt were services not received or requested. This company uses trickster antics to prey on poor people. They are dishonest and nasty nice. I would never recommend DirectTV and I hope they go out of business because of their practices.

justagirl and larrythedirectvguy must work for DTV. Not surprise by the personal attacking comments.

My contract with this company had expired a year ago. The service was acquired with another company in a bundled service.

I wanted nothing from this company just wanted to cancel service which should have been respected. I consider the name calling personal attacks and they should have been deleted.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe the person who "convinced you to extend your contract" was trying to save you a $20 per month (for each month not completed) early cancellation fee? When you sign up for DTV, you are agreeing to a 24 month commitment.

So, yes, if you have had the service for less than 24 months and suspend the service then you are still obligated to fulfill that 24 month agreement. That is why your contract would be extended.

If you use DTV for 18 months and then call and suspend it for 1-6 months, then you would still be in a commitment for the remaining 6 months after that suspended time. Grow a brain and start listening to the actual salesperson's information.

WOW! If only you did what you say you reaaly called for,and cancelled.Sounds more like you were trying to be a "trickster"yourself. Trying to weasel your way into some "free" stuff.Hum?Your the i d i o t!

It is not clear whether you cancelled DTV or not. If you did cancel service they will in all probability charge your credit card if your contract is not up.

$20 for every month left on your contract.also,DTV is well known for charging customers credit cards for non-returned equipment before you can get it sent back to them(be sure to get a tracking#for the equipment sent back to them as your proof)as they are also known to say they did not receive the equipment.

If you disagree with any charges they place on your c card,you have the right to dispute the charges with your cc but be aware that the charges may be put back on after cc's investigation as some crecit card's and DTV have an ongoing relationship. BTW,This is how DTV stays in business by "using trickster antics to prey on poor people".

View more comments (3)