Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Directv in Mesa, Arizona - Pissed at Direct TV

I am unhappy with you Direct TV. They just flashed on my TV screen that you have not signed a contract with NBC and we could possibly loose that channel. I need to tell you if that happens I will switch back to Dish and the reason I came to Direct TV is because Dish did not sign up with our local channels. I feel that you will loose a lot of customers so you best be getting NBC. If you remember correctly that is why you inherited a bunch of new customers is because Dish made a huge mistake and it cost them dearly. Don't make the same mistake.

when i got direct . they had it , so if they dont now is that a way to get out of your contract for free !

speed is the ch. that cost me ! i had to go to a more costly pkg. just so i could get speed , i think that they go back and forth it all about how to get you money in just this side of the law .

is it just me that thinks this ? :(

time for cable 16 years as a customer now i wont lose signal when bad storms pass by DIRECT TV KISS MY A33

I've been with directv since 2000. I've been loyal to directv even with rain issues and I've never had a complaint, really, other than new customers get all the perks and we, who have been paying you for better than a decade never get a break on anything.

Now, however, I do have an issue with you. In your greed, you are about to screw over your customers.

I have two options in my area...Dish or Cable. I've checked, Cable would cost about the same....so think very hard before you go burning bridges.

#362056

this is why i left dish because they kept loosing chanels now you are doing it also if i could get cable i would so get you stuff together be fore you lose all your best paying guest ive been with you for about 6 years

View more comments (3)
Review

Directv in Virginia Beach, Virginia - No feedback on my account being compromised by one of your customers

On October 3,2011 my checking account was compromised by a direct tv customer. when my bank informed me of the breach I called and was given 877-580-2148 to lodge a formal complaint at which time i faxed information from the bank. Now it is 19 October and i am yet to hear from direct tv. just this day 19 October i just called 1-800-360-1793 and spoke with a very rude Tonia in the Residential department, i asked to speak to her supervisor and she said "I am a supervisor" how did the person get your account information,it did not matter how the breach got the information he/she was unauthorized by me. i have the right to know who compromised my account causing me undo stress and duress and it appears direct tv could care less as i am yet to receive any resolution from this issue.
Loss

Directv in Phoenix, Arizona - Dirct tv cancels local channel

How dare you even think of cancelling any local channels. Better get your corporate behinds in gear. Guess what ? You cancel our chanels and then try to get a canellation fee from us, you will get your dish and all the other equipment I PAY FOR tossed like frisbees on your corporate lawn. How *** can you be. NOBODY will pay you. In this economy..good luck with this farce. Just imagine all those dishes piling up. But you can have them back. Just no money, not from this household. Someone must be spiking your Wheaties ! I for one will cancel and you will not get a red cent.

What in the world is wrong with you people? Have you been so programmed by the Government that you expect something for nothing!!

If you want to blame someone for taking Fox off of Directv, then blame FOX. They want a 40% increase in the fees paid by Directv, which already pays them over 1 Billion/year now. If Directv went along with the additional fee increase, who in the *** do you think would be paying that increase??? So if you want to blame someone, pick the right villian.

I have from time to time had issues with Directv; however, this is not one of them. I DO NOT WANT AN INCREASE IN MY SUBSCRIPTION FEES.

You complaining people need to get your facts straight before making demands and issuing threats to change providers. Fox wants a 40% increase in the price DirectTV pays them for a new contract.

Now if DirectTV went along with that, don't you think that increase would be passed along to the consumer? And when the Fox contract runs out with the providers everyone threatens to switch to, do you really think you're not going to find yourself in the exact same situation that you're in now?????

Most of the channels I watch are to be cancelled. You need to work things out with FX if not I highly believe you will lose alot of customers including me.

I spend over $100 a month on Direct TV and now for what to not be able to watch my fav program Sons of Anarchy and other programs with my kids. If we lose channels i believe our bill should be decreased too but as we all know that will never happen.

View more comments (2)

Directv in Los Angeles, California - Over charging and a bunch of mess

I have Direct TV last week, and this week I received a confirmation letter, showing me the package that I ordered, which is a total mess,they charge me for PREFERRED CHOICE for $49.99 and CALCIO DIRECT $14.99, which I never order those channel, the second one is an Italian channel...(I don't understeand Italian, period!!), I called and spoke to a Rep, after that, I got the over charge removed. Today, I checked my account, they charged me $91.50 last week (my bill not even due!!!!),They over charge me again, they withdraw $$$ from my account without my permission!!! I called and they explained I asked for automatic payment, which I NEVER asked for, and also my bill is not due, I barely have Direct TV for couples of day!!!! They're a total mess, I asked for my refund today, hopefully, they know what they are doing. BAD BAD BAD!!!!!!!!!!!

Directv in Toledo, Ohio - Direct TV

when I called direct tv I was told their was no contract, when we sent their equipment back we were done, and when the installer came we were informed we could not even get local cannels included on our package but we would get them shortly. After a year we still did not have them so canceled service. We have been harassed ever seen, yesterday while I was gone they left 4 harassing messages, and one the next morning. I am going to file a law suit, class action and anyone that has put up with their fraud let me know, your in. Go to dish, double the channels for the price and their at least honest. Contact me at bigsky331@yahoo.com. Barb

Lawsuit for what ***? Read what you are signing for if your smart enough to do so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek :eek :eek :eek :roll :roll :roll :roll :upset :upset :upset :upset :upset :? :? :?

:? :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Directv in Tucson, Arizona - Direct TV Poor Service

Waited 5 hours for technician to show to upgrade to HD, never came. When we called Direct TV they said WE called to re-schedule for a time when we aren't available. Apparently Direct TV has infallible and mistake-proof computer system since NOT once did they ever apologize or consider for a second that an error was made or data entered in error. Apparently we used our home phone for the first time in 3 years to make an outgoing call and Direct TV's crack staff caught us. Why we would call to find out why they hadn't shown up yet no one was able to explain - must be serial complainers. Lucky the folks we talked weren't local. Thanks Direct TV for once again proving that customer service is an oxymoron for most U.S. Companies...
Review

Directv in Seattle, Washington - Direct TV-Never Again--Recommendation: Go with Comcast

Rec'd bill from collection agency 3 mos after early termination w/ DirectTV (bundled w/Qwest-paid in full). Never rec'd another bill prior despite being told (by Melina)that two had been sent and I shouldn't have bundled (really?)as this happens all the time. How can you pay a bill you aren't aware exists and then be sent to collections? Asked to speak to supervisor, got another indifferent and token "floor supervisor" who would not give his name. I asked him for a mailing address for administration. He put me on hold and never returned. Ugh. Poor customer service.

Directv in Caledonia, Michigan - Extremely High Bill

I have been a customer of Directv for many years now. I have had the same package and have been very pleased with my service until the last few months. None of my receivers or boxes for my extra rooms have been changed. No packages have been changed except for the fact that i received FREE NFL Sunday Ticket for a few months. So whenever I had them to remove the Sunday Ticket from my account my bill seemed to be quit a bit more than usual. They were not able to explain why my bill was so expensive. So my question is why is my bill sky rocketing???? What am I to do??? I need my services but i cant afford it anymore. I guess I'll have to do the obvious.....CUT IT OFF!!!

Directv in Denver, Colorado - Direct TV Rip Off

I switched a few months ago from Direct TV to another provider in the Denver area. Today I received a bill that is supposedly for a PPV on 9/21 over a month after I had returned their equipment. I called to ask how I could be charged for a PPV when I did not have an active account with them on 9/21. Incredulously they told me that it was not for 9/21/2011 but for 9/21/2008, over three years ago. I don't know how they can expect anyone to have confidence that their billing system can be considered trustworthy enough to believe that they just discovered this omission and that I had not paid for it three years ago. No way are they getting this payment from me. I am also never going to use their services again.

I had Direct TV for over 2 years. I had plenty of issues but was under contract.

When I switched last month I requested a final bill which I paid same day I received wrote on it FINAL PAYMENT and did not think anymore about it until I received another bill for PPV movies. I called to see about it and they said it was for movies more than 2 years ago. I told them that PPV was blocked from day one and they said anyone who picked up my remote could order anything without permission. I sent a written complaint to the billing dispute dept.

They called and said the bill stands. I asked if I could receive that in writing and was told that they are not allowed to put it in writing and that is their policy. This makes no sense to me.

First that they can bill years later and second that they are not allowed to answer a dispute in writing, they can however read their computer screen to you. I do not have a hard time hearing, I just wanted to get the response in writing.

View more comments (1)
Review

Complaints re: DirecTV after being happy for five years

I have had DirecTV for five years. Recently I moved and due to not being able to afford the transfer fees, I emailed them cancelling. I found myself able to again afford their services and as they had helped me so much in the past, I asked how much it would cost to reinstitute services. They told me my account was past due and in order to get services again, I would have to pay the past due amount. I told them that, even though I had been a happy customer for five years, I was not going to be restarting services as they were claiming my account was cut off due to being past due. I told them I emailed them A full week before I was moving to stop services and my account was most definitely not past due!! Though I had been a very happy customer, now I am very angry at them and will never get DirecTV again!!!