Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Directv in Anna, Illinois - Was told an untruth on how a credit would be recieved

In July I used my credit card to help my son & daughter-in-law get their satellite moved to a new residence. I was told by a guy named Jerry that once the first month bill was paid my credit card would be credited. Well, I find out today that it was credited to the first months bill for my son. I do not appreciate being lied to or mislead. And I was told it had to be done by a credit card, neither of them have a credit card. It's a TOTAL rip off !!!! I tried to talk to a supervisor, but no one would transfer me to one. Not a very good way to deal with customer service. an "I'M Sorry" sometimes just isn't enough. !!!!

DTV has your credit card # and if there is a late payment or early cancellation fee for this account your credit card will be charged.You may want to change the credit card# or close the account to prevent future charges from DTV.DTV does not give back money as a rule.

Loss

Directv in Greeley, Colorado - DirectTV is (still) the worst!

In this computer-driven world, this company cannot set up an account correctly. Then when they are called multiple times to get it corrected, it reverts back to the 'wrong' set up - Five times. Also note that DirectTV offers "free HD" with the 2-year contract - the catch is that you register your credit card with them even before the system is installed. I don't know about the next guy, but I surely do not give someone my credit card number without knowing if the service is working satisfactorily. Once the system was installed and I saw that it was working satisfactorily, I then signed up for auto-pay to fulfill the requirement to receive free HD. But now they say, "too late! it wasn't done prior to installation". What fool would sign up for an unknown AND provide a credit card number? And what good and reputable business would force a customer into something that unreasonable? Why do they set that burden on a new customer? Five months of unending trouble. They up'd my service and base-charge without my authorization - I had called them to straighten out the overcharges, and that is what they did instead. Don't forget - if you're mischarged the first year, you're really set up for overcharging the second year as rebates and discounts come off. If not for the mountains and the need for cable or satellite, I'd never subscribe to any service. If I pull the plug, I have big holes in my siding. Oh joy.

I am so fed up with Directv and their empty promises!!! The ONLY reason I still have this service is because my husband is a die hard football fan.

In a country where monopolies are supposed to be illegal, Directv is the only cable company who has the NFL network which shows all of the football games live.

Because of this, we end up paying 3 TIMES what I would pay for the channels I want. How is this legal????

Your actually incorrect Misty. And to the original poster, it's required be to be setup on Auto Pay to qualify for the free HD.

It's the same with DISH also. Not sure about other cable providers, haven't checked.

Excellent suggestion - thank you - yes, having access to a credit card account seems to be the most important thing to DirecTV.

DirectTV's main goal is to get access to your bank or credit card #.They will have this as long as you stay signed up on autopay.Since DTV did not fullfill their promise with the so-called "free HD" I'd end autopay and change the credit card# or close the account.As long as they have your credit card or bank acc#,this gives them permission to go into your account at any time and withdraw whatever amount they see fit and you will have the burden of trying to get it back. Sadly,most people do not get their money back from DTV.

View more comments (3)

DirecTV

My Mother in law called to set up an appointment with DirecTV. She was told that they could mirror the tv in the bedroom so it was watchable in the kitchen. She uses the kitchen tv all day. Well, the sales department said no problem we do that all the time. Well the installer came out today. He called and said he would be running late. He said he should be here between 330 to 400pm. Well, he got here past 4pm. My mother in law told him all what she wanted done and he said oh no we can't mirror the tv in separate rooms. She asked him if there was anything that could be done. She was willing to have a separate box put in the kitchen so she could watch tv in there. The installer said let me make a phone call and I'll be right back. He went out to his van. My mother in law went to go check on him. She seen that he was on the phone and he didn't even look up at her. She came back inside thinking he would come back after the phone call and tell us what they could do for us. Well, the installer never came back inside to tell us anything. He just drove off in his van. At least have some common courtesy to tell us what you could have or have not done for us!!!! People are so rude sometimes. So, she is going to stick with the DISH network. She will have to call DISH to get a new satellite box from them since her old one broke. She said she won't have tv until Friday. If DirecTV could of told us something after the phone call all of this could of been avoidable!!!

Directv in Yankton, South Dakota - Take me off of mailing list

I do not want to be on your mailing list. Please take me off. Robert Meyer 514 Baker St Scribner NE 68057 & my old address 409 6th St Scribner NE 68057 Thank You, Robert Meyer. I already have dish network and I am happy with the service I receive from them. So do not send me any more offers because I will just throw them away and you will never get a response from me. If I decide to get directv I will contact you. Please take me off of your mailing list, you have 2 addresses for me so take them both off your list.

They keep sending me offers too but it will be a cold day in *** before I ever even think of going back to DTV! I just smile and file them in the garbage right where they belong.

Directv in El Paso, Texas - Installer late

An ample time for set up was given to me. Or I thought it was ample. I the installer called and relayed that he would be late by at least 40 minutes. I was okay with that. The installer was very polite and I understand it is not his fault that he is running late. However, 4 hours should give him ample time to get to my house. I then find out he is coming from Las Cruces, which is 45 miles away from my house. We live 1/2 mile from the TX border by El Paso, Tx. Which is closer? and uses less gas. When I had to cancel due to a prior engagement, your company offered me another time in another week. I feel since it was not my fault, Direct TV should have sent someone out the very next day. My husband and I were definitely looking forward to becoming Direct TV customers. As a large corporation, you should be able to accomodate potential customers better. especially when the error is the fault of Direct TV.

Directv in Washington, District Of Columbia - Direct TV lies and steals

My wife spoke with Direct TV a few weeks ago and specifically told them that she would not authorize them to automatically debit her account for the monthly bill. They did it anyway and when she called again to complain they said it takes a month to take an automatic debit off her account...she never authorized it in the first place. If they do this to you report it as a fraudulent debit to your bank. If that does not work close your account and re-open a new one. Direct TV not only provides substandard TV service their customer service staff is apparently trained to be dishonest.

direct tv is a ripp off to say the least, i got there services with a bundle with verizon for tv,phone and internet, almost two years ago! supposely for 100.00 a month till this day i have not paid 100.00 its been 250.00 to almost 300.00 every month!

i call direct tv they say verizon has to bundle it, ok so i call verizon they say direct tv has to bundle it, and so it goes back and forth, i had it. i am seeking legal counsel to start a class action law suit on these crooks, or some kind of legal recourse, be aware....

You got that right! Don't ever trust DirectTV!

Out of a total of 535 customers surveyed in a recent survey, 472 had negative comments cVA2d

View more comments (1)

Directv in Los Angeles, California - DirectTV/Consolidated Smart Systems

Ever since we got Directtv of which we did not order(our apt bldg did it) we have had service problems. Every two months our TV is searching for satalite. We have Consolidated Smart Systems who does not care if our TV is serviced correctly. It takes them 2 months to get the problem fixed and then it happens again in 2 more months. Directtv does not care about the poor service. They don't even want to hear about it. Check to see who your servce people will be before getting Directtv. Do not use Consoidated Smart Systems at all.

I also have consolidated smart systems I've lodged complaints with the BBB and I won my dispute against consolidated smart systems they are rude and have even cut my service off when they were suppose to be disconnecting a neighbor when I called them to ask why did they disconnect my service that at first denied they did it until several of my neighbors came forward and said they saw them do it the people on the phone are rude and have total disregard for their customers

Review

Directv in Caledonia, Michigan - I can't believe I'm paying for this!

My directv went out sat, aug. 6 but I didn't call to report it until 3 days later. They would come on fri but their truck broke down. Thats a good one. Next appt. was thurs next week. Guess what, they came on tuesday and called my husband at work and wondered why we wouldn't answer the door. scheduled for thurs 4-8 but guess what? He was over booked. Soooooo, I still don't have service going on 3 weeks. My husband ask to talk to management. We are thinking there isn't any. No one ever call him. I can't believe I'm paying for this!
Loss

Directv in Detroit, Michigan - Integrity, and honesty are missing from this company...

Direct tv customer service through everything but the kitchen sink at me when I called to cancel my services once my contract was up. They wanted to know why I was going to leave, and it was simple. Year two of the contract. The customer service rep stated that my year two would not change in rate what so ever. This turns out to be a lie. The price went up, and the service manager just kept talking about the rebates that had expired. That is not why I called, I wanted her to fix the problem. My awnser was no. Talk about poor core company values. THIS COMPANY IS NO GOOD, NO FURTHER BUISNESS FROM ME, OR ANYONE I KNOW. BAD NEWS TRAVELS FASTER THAN YOUR SATILITE TV.

I was with diredtv for a long time and when I cancelled I ended up paying $500 plus. It stung pretty bad.

Now I'm thinking about returning because of the NFL ticket, but I still feel the sting from when I cancelled.

I guess there isn't a perfect home entertainment company out there. I may have to sell my soul (again) to directv.

I was notified by e-mail that I would no longer receive $10.00 credit for HD Access unless I pay my bill by auto pay. I was not told about this when I signed the contract. If this is legal then the law need to be changed.

eddie...sadly but this may not be over for you.you will need to call DTV and have them send you boxes and mailing lables to return their equipment.(they do not pick them up)If it is FedEx,get a tracking # because DTV may try and say they did not get them and try to charge you for them which can be $450+ You didn't say how long you had DTV but there is a 2 yr contract if cancelled before then it is $20 per month for every month left on your contract.If they have your bank or credit card # see about changing the numbeers or closing the account to prevent future charges from DirectTV

the girl i talked to monday said all i had to do was pay a certain amount, and there would be no service intr. so i pay it then today they shut it off, now they want the full amount to turn it back on.

i'm on ssi and can't get around that well, so having a tv is very importain to me, bad enough i loose it when it rains or snows and the channel guide is so slow, i'm done they can come get there boxes they will never get another cent out of me!! :( :(

I have been a customer for 1 year and in that one year my bill has gone from $40.00 per month to $86.00 per month. I called yesterday and they said the "rebates" had ended.

I asked them why they didn't tell me that when I signed up a year ago and they couldn't answer that. I had to go from 210 channels to 71 to get my bill back to where I could afford it. DIRECT TV SUCKS!

Unfortunately now I have another year unless I want to pay $500.00 to get out of the contract. :(

Sadly,Sometimes a valuable lesson is learned the hard way.Good for you,keep up the good work.They screwed me over too but I feel I get more benefit than they did by telling everyone I know just how horrible they are and I can honestly say I have knocked them out of some would-be customers

View more comments (5)

Directv in Overland Park, Kansas - Withdrew money from my account

Direct tv withdrew my entire paycheck for a account that is currently under bankruptcy. I have spoken to several car and continue to get the run around and given false numbers. I think they are a scandalous company that steals people money. The csr are rude unconcerned and *** as well as unprofessional. They are thiefs also. I called 866 239 6124 Ths supposedly the # number for department that handles bankrupcy but per Eric said doesn't handle and couldn't pull my account up . Strange because this account was just opened about 4 months ago. They couldn't find my account by my name social or account number.

If you have filed for bankruptcy ask your attorney to look into this for you also ask your bank if you can dispute this charge from Direct.You are right DTV is a "scandalous company that steals people money" I don't believe I'd continue to try ad deal with DTV.They have your money and will not give it back without a fight.

lackagate

That is so crazy. I would call customer service back and ask them to keep transferingyou up the latter untill you speak with someone who can help you.

I don't feel like they are purposely stealing your money, there seems to be some mistake unell the total amountof money in your account was the total amount of your bill, then that would make sense.

If those things do not work out I would send them a certified letter stateing your situation and what you next steps are going to be if you do not get a response fromt hem within X time. good luck to you and it sucks when people have problems liek this.

View more comments (1)