Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Directv in Lebanon, Oregon - Direct tv charged me for movies four years ago.

When I canceled my direct tv service and returned my equipment. I got a mystery $32 charge from them. They told me that when they check the cards in my receiver there were movies I rented 4 years ago on them that I ordered through my remote and did not pay for. This is crazy! I have never been able to order through my remote because I do not have internet or a phone line. They of course didn't believe me, and before this happened I fully intended to return service with them. I just wasn't watching enough tv to justify it. Now I never will and I hope nobody here does either. This is a CRAZY way to scam someone. The movies they say I watched I had never heard of.

This just happened to me and I ALSO NEVER HAD MY REMOTE hooked to a phone. The few times I ordered a movie I did it over the internet and the charges appeared on my next bill.

I could not have ordered the movie they said.

Nor is it a movie I would have ever ordered. It is a scam and I'm going to contact Clark Howard about it.

#520331

I returned my cards 4 months ago and now I got a bill for movies watched on 2007 and 2008.After has a service for 5 years.

RIDICULOS... :(. This is a really abuse.

Be carefull with Direct TV, they only take care customers before you sign a contract after that you are only an investment.

Not so crazy. The phone line is there to allow them to do a callback and download movie charges off your access card and charge appropriately.

So someone could have, especially considering how long ago, ordered thru the remote and watched the movie but then you were charged appropriately and they don't go away. You realize cable companies have no way to plan movie orders on the access card inside of your reciever :/

View more comments (2)

Directv in Conroe, Texas - Waste of money and time for new equipment

We ordered an up grade to HD DVR for our family room and gave our card to set up an install. We were told we could receive a whole house up grade, sounds good, right? We go to set up a time for the following Thursday and get disconnected 3 times. Two days later we're contacted and told we have a time for Thursday for one and and they will be coming back on Friday to install the other 3 units. My question is that why doesn't Directv hook up everything while they are here? The response is that it is considered to be two separate orders and that requires two service dates. I'm told by Joe 467160 that the buck stops with him and that he has no boss. Please!!! This is a waste of time and monies for both parties and requires our family to hire someone to house sit the second installation because as we explained we're out of town. Directv has a 20 something running it's corporation and doesn't give a rat if they have your business or have absolutely no service but lip service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Directv in Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania - Direct TV-what a rip off

Moved from our home,contacted direct TV and I requested the address to send the HD receivers and remote back to Direct TV, and was told they would send me the necessary shipping container so as to send it back.Lo and behold its been three months and I haven't received it,But they keep requesting that I pay my bill for the receiver and remote because they have never received them from me. I keep asking to speak to a manager but that never happens.I was a customer of direct TV for over six years,but this doesn't mean anything to them.I owed them no money for programming or late fees, there never were any.Now they say they are going to turn me in to a collection agency,for what reason I don't know.Maybe I should contact DATE LINE to do an INVESTIGATIVE REPORT on Direct TV

Aww *** just file ch 7 like I did were screwed anyway they're all a part of the illuminity anyway

I think that is a great idea! I'd love to see Dateline get involved and do a report.Maybe Dateline can get something done.

It seems no one will even bother to try and help the consumer not our elected officials, the BBB,or the FTC.The Attorney Generals files class action lawsuits sometimes but this is a mere slap on the wrist for Direct and the customer ends up getting nothing.

I also strongly suspect a lot of banks and credit card companies get kickbacks from DTV and work on their behalf. I wish you luck and please let us know what happens.

View more comments (1)
Review

Directv in Anna, Illinois - Was told an untruth on how a credit would be recieved

In July I used my credit card to help my son & daughter-in-law get their satellite moved to a new residence. I was told by a guy named Jerry that once the first month bill was paid my credit card would be credited. Well, I find out today that it was credited to the first months bill for my son. I do not appreciate being lied to or mislead. And I was told it had to be done by a credit card, neither of them have a credit card. It's a TOTAL rip off !!!! I tried to talk to a supervisor, but no one would transfer me to one. Not a very good way to deal with customer service. an "I'M Sorry" sometimes just isn't enough. !!!!

DTV has your credit card # and if there is a late payment or early cancellation fee for this account your credit card will be charged.You may want to change the credit card# or close the account to prevent future charges from DTV.DTV does not give back money as a rule.

Loss

Directv in Greeley, Colorado - DirectTV is (still) the worst!

In this computer-driven world, this company cannot set up an account correctly. Then when they are called multiple times to get it corrected, it reverts back to the 'wrong' set up - Five times. Also note that DirectTV offers "free HD" with the 2-year contract - the catch is that you register your credit card with them even before the system is installed. I don't know about the next guy, but I surely do not give someone my credit card number without knowing if the service is working satisfactorily. Once the system was installed and I saw that it was working satisfactorily, I then signed up for auto-pay to fulfill the requirement to receive free HD. But now they say, "too late! it wasn't done prior to installation". What fool would sign up for an unknown AND provide a credit card number? And what good and reputable business would force a customer into something that unreasonable? Why do they set that burden on a new customer? Five months of unending trouble. They up'd my service and base-charge without my authorization - I had called them to straighten out the overcharges, and that is what they did instead. Don't forget - if you're mischarged the first year, you're really set up for overcharging the second year as rebates and discounts come off. If not for the mountains and the need for cable or satellite, I'd never subscribe to any service. If I pull the plug, I have big holes in my siding. Oh joy.

I am so fed up with Directv and their empty promises!!! The ONLY reason I still have this service is because my husband is a die hard football fan.

In a country where monopolies are supposed to be illegal, Directv is the only cable company who has the NFL network which shows all of the football games live.

Because of this, we end up paying 3 TIMES what I would pay for the channels I want. How is this legal????

Your actually incorrect Misty. And to the original poster, it's required be to be setup on Auto Pay to qualify for the free HD.

It's the same with DISH also. Not sure about other cable providers, haven't checked.

Excellent suggestion - thank you - yes, having access to a credit card account seems to be the most important thing to DirecTV.

DirectTV's main goal is to get access to your bank or credit card #.They will have this as long as you stay signed up on autopay.Since DTV did not fullfill their promise with the so-called "free HD" I'd end autopay and change the credit card# or close the account.As long as they have your credit card or bank acc#,this gives them permission to go into your account at any time and withdraw whatever amount they see fit and you will have the burden of trying to get it back. Sadly,most people do not get their money back from DTV.

View more comments (3)

DirecTV

My Mother in law called to set up an appointment with DirecTV. She was told that they could mirror the tv in the bedroom so it was watchable in the kitchen. She uses the kitchen tv all day. Well, the sales department said no problem we do that all the time. Well the installer came out today. He called and said he would be running late. He said he should be here between 330 to 400pm. Well, he got here past 4pm. My mother in law told him all what she wanted done and he said oh no we can't mirror the tv in separate rooms. She asked him if there was anything that could be done. She was willing to have a separate box put in the kitchen so she could watch tv in there. The installer said let me make a phone call and I'll be right back. He went out to his van. My mother in law went to go check on him. She seen that he was on the phone and he didn't even look up at her. She came back inside thinking he would come back after the phone call and tell us what they could do for us. Well, the installer never came back inside to tell us anything. He just drove off in his van. At least have some common courtesy to tell us what you could have or have not done for us!!!! People are so rude sometimes. So, she is going to stick with the DISH network. She will have to call DISH to get a new satellite box from them since her old one broke. She said she won't have tv until Friday. If DirecTV could of told us something after the phone call all of this could of been avoidable!!!

Directv in Yankton, South Dakota - Take me off of mailing list

I do not want to be on your mailing list. Please take me off. Robert Meyer 514 Baker St Scribner NE 68057 & my old address 409 6th St Scribner NE 68057 Thank You, Robert Meyer. I already have dish network and I am happy with the service I receive from them. So do not send me any more offers because I will just throw them away and you will never get a response from me. If I decide to get directv I will contact you. Please take me off of your mailing list, you have 2 addresses for me so take them both off your list.

They keep sending me offers too but it will be a cold day in *** before I ever even think of going back to DTV! I just smile and file them in the garbage right where they belong.

Directv in El Paso, Texas - Installer late

An ample time for set up was given to me. Or I thought it was ample. I the installer called and relayed that he would be late by at least 40 minutes. I was okay with that. The installer was very polite and I understand it is not his fault that he is running late. However, 4 hours should give him ample time to get to my house. I then find out he is coming from Las Cruces, which is 45 miles away from my house. We live 1/2 mile from the TX border by El Paso, Tx. Which is closer? and uses less gas. When I had to cancel due to a prior engagement, your company offered me another time in another week. I feel since it was not my fault, Direct TV should have sent someone out the very next day. My husband and I were definitely looking forward to becoming Direct TV customers. As a large corporation, you should be able to accomodate potential customers better. especially when the error is the fault of Direct TV.

Directv in Washington, District Of Columbia - Direct TV lies and steals

My wife spoke with Direct TV a few weeks ago and specifically told them that she would not authorize them to automatically debit her account for the monthly bill. They did it anyway and when she called again to complain they said it takes a month to take an automatic debit off her account...she never authorized it in the first place. If they do this to you report it as a fraudulent debit to your bank. If that does not work close your account and re-open a new one. Direct TV not only provides substandard TV service their customer service staff is apparently trained to be dishonest.

direct tv is a ripp off to say the least, i got there services with a bundle with verizon for tv,phone and internet, almost two years ago! supposely for 100.00 a month till this day i have not paid 100.00 its been 250.00 to almost 300.00 every month!

i call direct tv they say verizon has to bundle it, ok so i call verizon they say direct tv has to bundle it, and so it goes back and forth, i had it. i am seeking legal counsel to start a class action law suit on these crooks, or some kind of legal recourse, be aware....

You got that right! Don't ever trust DirectTV!

Out of a total of 535 customers surveyed in a recent survey, 472 had negative comments cVA2d

View more comments (1)

Directv in Los Angeles, California - DirectTV/Consolidated Smart Systems

Ever since we got Directtv of which we did not order(our apt bldg did it) we have had service problems. Every two months our TV is searching for satalite. We have Consolidated Smart Systems who does not care if our TV is serviced correctly. It takes them 2 months to get the problem fixed and then it happens again in 2 more months. Directtv does not care about the poor service. They don't even want to hear about it. Check to see who your servce people will be before getting Directtv. Do not use Consoidated Smart Systems at all.

I also have consolidated smart systems I've lodged complaints with the BBB and I won my dispute against consolidated smart systems they are rude and have even cut my service off when they were suppose to be disconnecting a neighbor when I called them to ask why did they disconnect my service that at first denied they did it until several of my neighbors came forward and said they saw them do it the people on the phone are rude and have total disregard for their customers