Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Directv in Fort Collins, Colorado - 3 days to get a tech to the house in Denver

DirecTV service went out last night. Friday night. Called DirecTV "Support" and they can get us a technician out Tuesday between 8 and 12. 3 days from now. It's not like we live in the Boonies this is the suburbs o Denver. Shame on DirecTV, if they cannot get someone to your house within 24 hours they should hire more people. Or is it that their service is so bad and there are so many people with problems that is how long it takes. When we had Comcast they would show up same day or early the next. Time to experiment with no TV for awhile.

Incompetence from the time they answer the phone. Untrained installation tech, supervisor checking on tech is no better.

The low starter price is a bait and switch and you end up paying more. When you get you first bill and see it's not what you ordered, they point out the small print about their timeframe for cancellation and the cancellation fee.

Incompetent Rip offs! An example of what's wrong with much of corporate America.

Review
Every time there is a little rain storm we loose all satellite signals We can watch anything on the television news, weather, anything If there is any kind of a broadcast warning we can't get It, well die in a flood or tornado because my family and I can't...
#1720407

Loved Directv before ATT...now we lose the signal in any rain or snow...no matter how light. The service is jittery and glitches constantly. As per usual, ATT took a great product and made it awful.

View more comments

Directv in Seattle, Washington - 4 month trials with restrictions

In May 2011, A "cubicle JOckey" called to try out "free movies, sports, etc. The catch is, they won't let you quit before their selected date(middle of month "freebie" expires. In short, they won't put you back in previous plan(says it is no longer avaible). They will try to collect, hound you forthe extra billing, after you "quit trial". If you get back to "Choice plan" they won't give you all of what you had before you took the "trial! lastly, my actual bill should be (before trial) $73.99.! When I get actual bill, it is $105.06! I suggest all who get this call me @1-206=725-9090 and lets send this to Atty. Generall in aNY STATE WHERE THIS OCCURS "Pissed off in Seattle".....Art

Directv in Rochester, Minnesota - Direct TV Hidden Charges

If you order Direct TV or a Bundle from Qwest or another phone company, make sure you don't end up getting scammed like we did. They will tell you you get up receivers for up to 5 rooms free. But this is only installation. After you get your 2nd or 3rd bill (the billing is absolutely horrible - it will be different every single month so you will have a hard time figuring out when they have over charged you - it is one of the ways that they scam so many people) you will notice that you are paying far more than what you were quoted. What they didn't tell you is that in order to use the TVs in the other 3 rooms of your house you have to pay $6 for each box per month! Then of course you lose signal whenever there are storms - which blows. Take my advice - don't get Direct TV!

I just cancelled my directv order. when the tech got here and was ready to install I was told the min.

insurance was $6/month or I was totally responsible for all equipment.The 800 # person said that was wrong but I figure if all parties involved can't get it straight I was buying any of it. The price already went from $39.99 to $69.99 when multiple tv's and Hd was added so I opted out!

Review

Directv in Los Angeles, California - Bait and switch. They promissed $29.95 + tax for a year, but I never got that rate.

Direct TV promised me a rate of $29.95 + tax as a monthly rate. However, that never materialized. Called to complain but the told me to go on the internet to apply for a rebate. I did, but they still did not honor their rate. As a senior citizen on soc sec it is hard for me to pay more. They have now billed me for $438 of remaining charges and I do not have the money to pay. They went in to my checking account and seized the amount, with the result that I now only have $100 to live on for the rest of the month. They are a bunch of thieves.
JHoover

I just maid another comment on a direct t.v. post and mentioned a sort of "bait and switch" with their customer service.

before you buy they are the most helpful people on earth. Then you can't get in touch with them to save your life.

Personally I have had nothing but horrible service with DiretTV. I have lived all over the U.S.

and hear the same thing everywhere i go. I only use cable and am very happy with it.

Adelphia is my favorite by far. Sorry to hear that and good luck.

View more comments (1)
Review

Directv in Irvine, California - Beware Direct TV false pricing!

Do NOT get ATT or Direct TV!!! Beware of the low advertised price of ATT and Direct TV. They will commit to a low price but charge twice that price with no recourse. I have had the service for 7 months and have called each month to complain about my bill being double what was agreed upon. It has never been resolved and to cancel they would charge me an enormous early termination fee despite their not abiding by the commitment. There is nothing I can do about it but warn everyone possible of the scam taking place and switch service as soon as the commitment period is up.

Directv in Clarksville, Arkansas - Direct TV isa rip off

I have had Direct TV for 10+ years and had only one major problem in the past.They were charging me for movie packages I did not have.I thought problem was taken care of. Now my service was shut off for Pay Per View movies I did not order 3 months ago.When asked why it was never on any bills i received they said they would get back to us. 3 days later they say we owe for services in the past we did not pay. Why was my service not turned off then. They CANT ANSWER. we do not order pay per view and we do not have a phone hooked to the system to order with. The person can't even talk very good English and was very rude.They refuse to work on it.I have told a lot of people to go to Direct and I will now tell them to leave the rip off's. work with people who get ripped off by co. all the time with my job and I will be sure to pass this story on.They more or less called us a liar and said we would have to pay them $300.00 even if we do not think we owe it.
K5eer

Direct TV has refused to help with the problem still and has not even sent me an updated bill to show what we owe so we can prove to them we do not owe it.

Directv in Kansas City, Kansas - Direct tv *** ****

I called to cancel my service. I talk to the lady for about a minute, then a dropped call. I call back and have to wait. Tell her I want to cancel my service. She didn't say anything about 2 year contract, early cancellation fee, nothing. She said put the stuff in the box theyre sending and there wont be a charge. So I get my bill today for 403.94. The customer service lady is a ***. I tell her the product is in and out and im sick of it. That i was never told of an early cancel charge for a contract i apparently agreed to without my knowledge. Im moving and dont have a south facing yard. She starts advising me on the law that the landlord has no right to enforce that law. I told her even though that might be true, which its not, why would i want to start a relationship with a new landlord by fighting with him about some *** product that doesn't work. Direct tv are a bunch of thiefs. What ever happened to the customer is always right.
JHoover

I completely agree with "catt napp" (I know this isn't the discussion) but another company that does the same sort of thing. - kind of a bait and switch with their service is Brinks Security.

this is the worst service i have ever had. have DirecTv for 4 months now and i hate it.

never get a signal,i called and i was told that if a service man comes out to see the problem i might be charged for it.

if it's going to rain in 2 day i can tell by the signal going off then its off for another 2 days after a bad thunder storm. i am canceling and don't care if i have to pay the early cancelation fee.

I HATE Direct TV!!!...whatever happened to being able to pay for a movie and keep it for as long as you want...I started a Movie last nigt which a paid for and then was falling asleep...so I decided I would watch the end of it tonight....Well, I started watching it...but it stopped about 30 minutes before the end..apparantly I you only have 24 hours to watch it...so the only way I could see the end is if I buy it again!!! Are you freaking kidding me????

So ***!!! ...such a rip off!!!

I have dealt with direct tv for over 9 years and never had any problems with them.

Similar deal for me today. Just wanted to cancel.

Took 20 minutes wading through scripted promotional *** telling me how '***' I must be for wanting to cancel. Offered me $30 a month off for the next year to stay. ***, if you can affordably sell the service for 1/3 off and will just give that up on a call to cancel - that makes me feel like you have been gouging me all along.

'***' is anyone that pays the full rate after promotional packages end, and it feels like DirecTV is just trying to play people for suckers. I don't care for businesses that do that!!!

Just stopping buy, to agree with you. I commented on another post about them. have had nothing but terrible trouble myself.

Had much the same experience with DirecTV. They will say anything to get you to seal the deal and the next day or so you find out it was all lies.

Another thing they don't mention is that about 1/2 the stations on their premium 200 station package are infomercials.

Just what I want to watch. Thought that they were going to be real stations :(

View more comments (6)
Loss

Directv in Troy, New York - Direct TV took money from my credit card without authorization

Twice now Direct TV stole money from me, they took $499 the first time, $299 this time. I used mover's connection, and followed Direct TV's instruction to "Re-unify" my account. This is the excuse they use, they say I cancelled my service which I did not, still have Direct TV service. Worst company ever. Hours of phone calls with no effect, they repeat the same criminal behavior. Now I am going to have to cancel my credit card completely. I am writing my Congressman, fat lot of good it will do. Absolutely my worst experience ever. NEVER EVER give direct TV your credit card info, you will regret it forever, as I do.

They took my mortgage payment, cost me almost %150 in charges, and left me almost $300 in the red. I am unemployed, my husband is disable, and he was going in for surgery the next day after I found this out.

We had to go to the hospital on fumes. WHen I called Directv about this, I was treated horribly and pretty much told "too bad".

I did not authorize them to bankrupt me. They are one of the worst money hungry companies I have ever spoke to.

They cleaned out my unemployment debit card right before Christmas because I made a payment on someone else's account with my debit card! WTH???

CRIMINALS! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH DIRECT TV

View more comments (1)

Directv in Orlando, Florida - DirectTV False Advertisment

The ad says "DIRECTV® Official Site 50% Off DIRECTV(1yr) Today + 6,000 Shows & Movies At No Extra Charge!" Try and find the 6,000 Shows and Movies at no extra charge. The movies listed for download via their menu falls way show of 6,000 and there is a considerable mix of said movies that are posted with an adjacent "$" meaning that yoiu must pay for this download each and every time you wish to view it. So where are the 6,000 movies? Where are 1,000 movies at now extra charge. Some of the "Movie Channels" have changed to 1 hour hosted shows, documentaries, etc. far from movies. The movies scheduled have been beaten to death over and over again. Nothing refreshing to watch. HBO has "Real time with Bill Maher", you get the idea. Not at all worth my DTV bill. Guess I will dump them soon.