Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Directv in Greenville, South Carolina - Direct TV

I do agree with the Direct TV customer who said Direct TV should be sued. I have been a customer since 2009 and cant wait until my contract date of 2011 because they will be dropped by myself. This company is just a nest of crooks... who dont care at all about their customers, if it werent for us customers, those tackful customer service personal wouldnt have jobs. Rates continue to increase but nothing is added to the programming. In the beginning of the contract i paid 29.99 /mo now 96.78/m I'v notified BBA and others....
MeMayMyMowMoo

I hear ya, but cable providers like ComCast are no better. We switched from DirectTv to ComCast in January 2011.

The customer service is no better and they offer fewer HD channels than DirectTV.

But, with our package, we save about $100 a month with ComCast, so we will give them a try for a little longer... :cry

Directv in Petaluma, California - Direct TV should be sued by consumers

I also had service with Direct TV. I moved and gave them my new address, but didn't want their service anymore so decided to continue to pay the monthly rate because I did not have the $ 400 they wanted for a disconnect fee. Never had service at the new address as there was no satellite receiver. Well, they kept charging the credit card on file until they got their 400.00. They never notified me and in three days charged me 300.00 to get their money even when I was already paying my monthly rate. Now I have to add up all the charges to make sure I was billed correctly and somehow I doubt it with their horrible customer service.

Directv in Warsaw, Indiana - Took money from acct. without authorization

I shut off my service with DIRECT TV wasnt worth the cost, was a customer 8 years, recieved final bill 2 weeks later, recieved a final notice 5 days later, 2 days later they withdrew there 54.00 bal. from my bank acct. without my authorization, they used my card I had on there internet page that i paid with on line,???? Dont leave these crooks your info!!!!! enter a new acct every time you pay!!!!!!!! stopped service because it was too much, only watched 10 of all the stations I had 100+ of the 10 we watched I could get 5 with an antenna, Dont trust these people.
#272045

I called my bank and cancelled my debit card when I was getting ready to cancel my direct tv acoount. I got a call from the visa fraud dept telling me that direct tv was trying to debit my acoount for $790 after my card was cancelled.

They tried charging me for the recievers that i still had. They havent even sent me the retrn boxes to me yet! I told VISA that I want to file a lawsuit for unauthorized charge and they said they were already getting ready too.

This company will be out of business real soon! Watch the news!

Directv in El Paso, Texas - Screwed me over on rebate

I was not told when I called to make installation appointment that I had to sign up in advance for the rebate. I was not told by the person who installed the equipment. I had the service for less than two weeks when it went down and it took 24 hours to get a service call. When I still hadn't received a bill and knew the clock was ticking, I called and from there on it was a nightmare, which led me here where I see I'm far from being the only person to have had this experience with these crooks. Supposedly now in 6-8 weeks I'll get the rebate showing up on my credit card but I'm going to be keeping a daily diary in case I have to go to the Better Business Bureau.

Directv Whole-Home DVR service is false advertising

I signed up for Whole-Home DVR service with Directv online. They advertised that I could watch shows recorded on the DVR in any room in the house. I paid an extra $107 to get a second DVR as well. I then selected a standard box for my son's room. The installer comes out and installed everything without a problem. That is until I asked him to show me how my son could watch the shows recorded on the DVR's in his room. He tells me that he cannot watch them because only HD boxes support Whole-Home DVR service. This was a WTF moment for me. Why would I order Whole-Home DVR service and not want to use it in my whole home? Why did it let me select a box that was not compatible when I signed up online? He said that I could just call customer service and they would get me the right box. I signed the paperwork and off he went. I called customer service right after he left. They tell me that they can send me a box no problem. I just need to pay them another $168. Every argument I tried would not get him to budge on the price. He suggested I buy one online or at Best Buy because they would only be $99. What a bunch of ***. This is false advertising. They do this because a customer with 5 rooms would have to pay $99 for each room after the first one(you get a 2nd box free if it is not a DVR). No one would sign up for a service that would cost $396+tax up front. And the installer is in on it as well because he got me to sign the paperwork by saying that it was easily fixed. They get you locked into the contract and get out the door so that you can't easily call off the installation. Someone should sue these guys.

LOL! that was a big oops on your side. You can't use whole-room with regular receivers.

@Darcy

How is it a oops on his side. He ordered whole home DVR.

For someone who doesnt understand completely, it could be very difficult. They told me so many lies when I signed up. They did not know their *** from their elbow. They came out with 4 boxes, and only installed 3, but told me I had to take the 4th one back myself and would have to pay for it the first month.

Only $6 bucks, but why should I. I specifically asked if I could pause tv in the receiver rooms. Oh yes she says. Oh NO is the truth.

BOO.

Price is good at least. As is picture quality!

:grin :grin :grin

Why did you buy 2 DVRs? All you needed to buy was 1 DVR for you main viewing room and then 2 HD boxes for your other rooms.

I already know the answer to this, "because it said free beside the standard box.

You people need to read the install that is on the direct tv website. I did before switching and have yet to have any problems like you all claim to have.

View more comments (2)
Review
It is amazing that I am not the only one experiencing billing issues. After reading some of the posts, I too feel your pain. My complaint is minor compared to some of the $ some of the posters are out. It's not about the money as it is only$5 and $1 increases...

4% increase feb 8 2012. Drop them. We are paying for their south American expansion!

View more comments

Directv in Evanston, Wyoming - Direct Tv LIES

We were using a Direct tv promotion that allowed us to recieve an addtionaly $10.00 of our monthly bill if we paid with American Express, we signed up for DTV by going to a direct dealer-Best Buy, who has a specefic number they are supposed to call, they made the inital call, and then the represenative spoke to me, I specifically mentioned the promotion and requested that my bill be charged to my AMX so that I would recieve the disount, at no time was I told that I was not elegible for that promotion. My first AMX bill comes, not reflecting the discount, so I call dish and they tell me that Best buy is not designated to call the number that is required in order for me to be elegible for that specefic promotion...and there is no way for them to correct it. Additionaly i have had serice for almost a month now, but our reception is pixilationg, but becaues we live in a rural area, we have not had the issue looked at.., bad service all around..right off the bat...did i make a mistake by choosing DTV?

I was lied to by a salesman from India. He lied to me up one side and down the other.

Direct tv couldn't care less that their agents lied to me. I'm now imprisoned for the next 24 months and do everything I can to convince everyone I can to run and hide from DTV.

They are too big and slimy. Run for your life.

Directv in Newark, New Jersey - My service was shut off

hi my name is juan aponte i been a direct tv for afew years now i had the bunndle packeg throw direct tv and verizon i been paying my bills trow verizon because iguess thats the deal with direct tv since i was not happy with verizon i cancelled them so i can deal with direct tv one on one i made a payment on feb 6 for $285 then i made another payment of $300 on feb 19 now here im am thinking now il just deal with direct tv now they just shut my sevice off so now i call them and direct tv is saying that i owe them $642 because i have not made a payment in three month when verizon should off been making the payment for me so now i dont have any service and i try working with both partys but they can not give any answer and there cust service on both are very rude my e mail is juanaponte22@yahoo.com thank you
Review

Directv in Purcell, Oklahoma - Rude, unhelpful, idiots, load of b.s!!

the customer service at direct TV, are idiots. i called to complain about receiving phone call late at night, to upgrade my package. i told them that i didn't want them to call me for upgrades, and they told me it would take 7-10 business days, and that's all they could do. so i asked to speak to the supervisor, and had to hold for almost 1/2 an hour, after that the supervisor Rodney told me he couldn't do anything because the systems were off t. at first he told me he couldn't confirm i was a customer... what an *** i hate direct TV!!

How many people here have been handed the line "our systems are dowm"? Raise your hands.

You can call them back immediately and tell them you want to pay your bill and wala they can go to your account in

nano-seconds.

But call them about how long it takes to change a feaking channel and their system is down. Got my bye-bye direct tv clock going right now.

Review

Directv in Seattle, Washington - DirectTV did not hold up their end of the contract.

I had been a Direct TV customer for several years. I was tempted to switch to another company in an attempt to same some money. After being with that company for just a few months I decided to go back to DirectTV. DirecTV's promise in my doing so was to pay for my early disconnect fee from the other company. I have done everything I was required to and to this day, I still have not recieved any compensation from DirectTV as promised. Initially the excuse they used was that I was no longer a customer any more therefore not entitled. My response to that statement was that I never recieved the compensation when I was a customer. I did what was required of me. DirectTV failed to do what was required of them. As long as I am not treated with the respect a responsible paying customer deserves, I have no intention of ever becoming a customer again and will pass along my story to anyone considering to do so. I was actually very happy with your company and service until this situation occurred. I feel very different now.

Direct TV also misinformed me and took advantage of me. I was looking to enjoy the ease of having one bill for my TV, internet and phone.

I asked Direct TV if this could be done without renewing my contract. They told me no problem since I was not receiving anything new. Four times, I asked the representative to confirm that I would not have to renew.

We did end up canceling and according to one representative I would owe $40.00.

Since then, I received a bill for $220.00. They stated we did enter into another year of the contract by combining our bill.

I've complained on the other post about the banners, now I can add to this one as well.

Direct TV makes all kinds of promises to get you to keep them and have no intentions of keeping them.

We called to cancel within the 3 day time period when we first had the thing installed and they promised first of all a year of showtime free which they never did. Everytime I called about it the reason was, 'well our CS people make these promises without having the authority to do so'. We were not only made that promise by 1 person, but by 3 different CS reps. I guess they had 3 rogue CS reps and we just happen to get all 3 of them.

Palease. Well of course by the time it took me to call them all 3 times, the 3 days were up and they told us if we cancelled they would charge us something upwards of $485. That was when we realized what a mistake we had made by switching to direct tv. Like I said in the other post, as soon as this 2 yr contract is up, I can't wait to make the call and cancel this service that absolutely sucks.

And don't get me started on the remote that takes 10 minutes to get from one end of the guide to the other and I have most of their garbage channels hidden.

I've never seen anything as slow as this junk is. I used to have dial-up and it was faster than this thing.

View more comments (1)