Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Directv in Merrillville, Indiana - DIRECT TV DO NOT DO IT!

I would not recommend Direct TV to anyone! They have terrible customer service and do not "work with you" at all. You have a 14 day window to cancel and make changes otherwise you are stuck with this service provider for 24 months or incur a $400 cancelation fee. My bill manages to go up a little every month and I have very basic services, when I call to ask about it I might wait 30, 40, 60 min before getting re-routed to the proper person who usually is unable to answer my questions or do anything to help. Managers are rude and again, very unhelpful. Do not make the mistake of entering into a contract with this service provider…mark my words, you will regret it!

Directv in Wellington, Nevada - DirectTV lack of Ethics

"This past September (2010) after relocating to Idaho we were having issues regarding our Direct TV service, specifically the ability go wireless. After a few calls the same Direct TV service technician came to our house and said with Hughes Internet service that the wireless aspect would not work. He was honest and trust worthy (we even tried to tip him $40 upon install and he refused to take it saying it was against corporate policy). A few weeks later I was in our bedroom with my spouse being "intimate" when my dogs started barking. I jumped out bed naked and looked out the bedroom door without leaving the room when I noticed a gentleman standing on the right side of our porch peering in at me. I threw pants on and I asked him what the *** he was doing. He said he was a "Direct TV supervisor" and was following up on the service call. He kept peering around my shoulder through-out this conversation and I told him to leave immediately. Immediately after he left I call Direct TV corporate and lodged a complaint with the Boise office. The lady I talked to told me that this behavior would not be tolerated and that she would look into it. Almost a month later I still had not heard anything from them and I called back to find out why and to cancel my service. I was informed that there was "no record" of my complaint and that I would be charged for "early disconnection." Obviously I was pissed and threatened to go to our local Sheriff's office to file formal complaints. It was evident that they have no concerns about what their employees do or what their phone representatives say or do. I call about every two weeks and keep getting told I have no right to cancel my service as I "signed a contract," yet when I discuss why there has been no follow-up or complaint I have been told "You have no right to be part of the investigative process." What in the ***? All VICTIMS are part of the investigative process!!! Bottom line is this; Direct TV has a "corporate ethics" policy yet if it means it interferes with income they suddenly ignore it. When are we going to start holding this corporation accountable? Why is it OK for them to hire and then hide sexual predators as employees and refuse to be accountable for their (the corporations) actions?

Directv in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma - Direct TV

Buyer BEWARE! Direct TV is not what they appear to be! They nearly DOUBLED the charge for my service after the year. I agreed to $56.99 and at the 1 yr mark, but they started charging me $78.99! When I called customer service they informed me that the contract states they can raise the cost at any time! I was still being held to my 2 year agreement! So if they wanted to raise it again they can. Every time it rains hard or snows we loose service. Not ideal in OK where severe weather alerts can be the difference between life and death!

DTV is not good anywhere there are tornadoes or any kind of weather issues that require one to take shelter because DTV will be the first off the air.

Loss

Directv in Lafayette, Louisiana - Direct TV 216.00 stole from my bank account. I aske d Direct TV take equiptment and they stole 216.

Direct TV robbed me in swearing there was not contract by the manager/ sales man at ATT we agreed to the service. Before the first month I paid over 500.00 in all sorts of fees boxes fees for fees. *** service,I finally got Fiber to the HOME installed I called them to pick up there equipment they took 216.00 out of my account and want 100 more after the account was closed and their junk is still all over the outside of my home Cables every where. Their *** dis still on my roof. IT A a mess they stole my cancellation fees of 300.00 on Christmas day merry Christmas from ATT. UNAUTHORRIZED DEDUCTIONS FROM MY ACCOUNT. They do not care who gets hurt and i highly warn anyone that has them in mind to beware they steal and lie, I feel like I have been robbed at gun point and they feel fine doing it, they said so. It is up to you. feel like being robbed? go with Direct TV and ATT. Cox was ok at least they didnt steal out of me checking account.

Directv in Chicago, Illinois - Better not drop fox 6 from my channels

I can say for sure if you don't reach a agreement with fox 6 I will go elsewhere for my tv service.This is a outstanding station with great local news.I understand that direct tv is only one not reaching a agreement with them I know alot of people who use your service and they all fell the same as me.Its plain and simple reach an agreement with this station or lose alot of customers.I hope and pray that you do this before deadline and service of fox 6 is lost.I always try to be a faithful customer and hate to swap but I will!!!!!!

Programming is supposed to be about the customers that are paying you thousands of $ each year and what they want. It's up to you to provide it or I'm sure someone else can.

Me too pay up now

If Directv drops these channels,I and my family memebers will drop them! I already pay a ridiculous amount for Directv And my son loooooves his Sponge Bob on Nickelodeon!

direct tv is terrible anyways just get comcast! :grin you can call and speak with me got to comcast.com look at the great deals and call

Direct tv is negotiating ok, so am I. I want my Fox programing or I will switch to a competitor.

I came back to DTV due to poor service from the competition. I was with DTV for over 10 yrs and left when I was lied too, now we are all getting the shaft. Survey the customer base and get rid of the channels that are junk and let the customers pay for what they want to watch not what you want them too pay for.

Let us make our own package with the channels we want, then you add the premiums as extra as usual. OH that might make sense

Hey Scrib.... So Fox is the bad guy for wanting to charge DTV the SAME price as their competitors?

Hum. DTV rapes us on charges, but has been paying 40% LESS than Dish and local cable networks all this time. I've been loving my DTV, but I will now have to switch to get FOX. It seems like FOX is leveling the playing field...

how does that make them the bad guy? The real question is with DTV breaching their contract, we all should get out with no penalty.

Forgot to mention, fox is also in negotiations with dish network and comcast, so jumping ship might just land you in the same situation and also locked into a new contract. Dont shoot the messenger (directtv) shoot Fox!

Get your story straight people. Fox is the "bad guy" on this one.

They are trying to force a 40% increase onto the largest provider in the country because they say direct tv has to pay the same price as their competition. While i am not pleased that i may loose these channels, at least i can appreciate the fact that direct tv is trying to not have to push the additional cost onto us, the consumer.

I for one say thank you Dtv. I will not cancel my service.

@Scrib

They will pass the increase along to the customers anyway, so pay it already. I don't mind paying for what I want, but I would like a say in what I get!

BYE BYE DTV GREEDY CORPORATE JERKS

I had Comcast tv because they were getting to expensive for me. But I willing to go back to the if I don't get my speed tv for nascar and fox sports.

So Direct Tv get this settled I dont have a problem to pay alittle bit more each month for the channels. If you don't settle this I know that theres going to be alot of unhappy Nascar fans out there.

so get it taking care of ASAP. :(

I say we all call Direct tv on November 1 and cancel our subscription or at least complain and tell them it's in regards to their greedy business practices. The more people that pressure the better our chances to get fox back. About 10 of my friends that have Direct Tv and I are going to Drop them if this issue isn't resolved quickly!!

it looks as if Directv did not learn the lesson of Netflix. We pay for the service.

Stop this corporate greed NOW!!! We are in a "recession" and they keep raising prices and dropping services.

We just switched over to Dish Network even though we had another year left on our Direct TV contract. We just had enough of their empty promises when we lost Fox.

First we were told they could get us back on to Fox by rerouting the signal from their LA affiliate which would take 2 days, we thought how cool is that. Well there was empty promise #1 this cannot be done without the FCC's approval which could take anywhere from 4-8weeks and no guarantee that it will be approved. Then they told us a new contract will be reached by the end of the week (beginning of January), once again that was not correct. After hearing one lie after another we just switched.

Yes we have to pay the early cancellation fee of $360 even though we've been with them for over 6yrs,but it's worth it.

We still save money in the long run with Dish Network..they gave us a great deal and we get Fox!!!!!Superbowl is back on!!! :grin

This is getting really frustrating. I can either stay with Direct and hope Fox is back up soon or I can leave right now and go back to Dish.

I'm losing patience. We can't watch the Seahawks play. . .no Glee.

. . American Idol is starting! I want to be loyal to Direct, but for the same bill I can leave.

Shoot! :sigh

DIrecTV also is about to have a contract expire with NBC in our area. So that would put us without Fox AND NBC.....seems like it should negate our contract but I don't think it does.

We still have a year left on it and we're not sure what to do next. And we better be able to see the Superbowl in Feb.

that is on FOX. So far, we are not pleased at all with DirectTV (this is our 1st time with them and our last!)

The NFL playoffs and Superbowl are on Fox! Boo DirectTv, You cheap bastards.

We should all drop DTV if they drop Fox. Already missed one BIG football game..It must be against the law to not live up the the paying customers contracts,

Dish here we come...

Fox is a channel worth leaving for.Bye bye DTV

I happen to be in a 1 year contract. However, the contract includes fox 6 and if they don't offer it then our contract becomes null and void and I will go elsewhere. I certainly hope they are listening to these comments...

I have had direct tv for 7 years. If they do drop channel 6 then I will be dropping them.

They claim to be the best.

I called the other sat company that is offering 24.00 per month and free stuff,why is it that customers who have been loyal are not being offered discounts and free stuff?? :roll :eek :zzz

Direct tv needs to tremble. I'm not poor white trash, but I agree with the others, I WILL go some where else.

I listen to Fox 6 every day. The better stop and think about what they are doing.

Yep .... me too! I am already looking at other providers just in case they drop Fox 6

I totally agree I will be leaving Direct TV as well. And apparently poindexter don't have a life

View more comments (23)

No directv

I have less than 2 inches of snow and no tv service. I called directv I was told due to the weather I can not get a signal. I said what weather its just a little snow and I was told by directv I have to climb on top of my roof to clean off the snow or wait until the snow melt. I have a long winter without tv. The technical support service was terrible they would not trouble shot to see if that would help my situation. They just blamed the weather. no tv on christmas day. merry christmas directv.

:( same here it is 11/23/11 having a snow storm and lost my direct tv. called them all they say is wait till the snow melts. a very long winter with out tv I see...

No service during the 12/25 storm, then a couple of hours the morning of 12/26, then nothing but a 771 error. Tech service (three calls) was totally unhelpful.

This company does not give a d... about its customers.

View more comments (1)
Review

Directv in Fort Wayne, Indiana - Cannot stop payment on wrong checking account number

On 12-22-10, I processed an online check payment on direct tv website. There is only one payment screen to put amount and checking and routing number. I put the information in, hit submit and it was automatically processed. I noticed the last four numbers were incorrect. I immediatly called and customer service could not stop the payment. God only knows whose checking account I charged. She said call my bank, yet was unable to tell me what was put in. All websites let you review payment info before submitting. Never again!!!!!!!!!!! Now my bill is not paid and someone may be charged that was not intentional. She said wait to see it it rejects, What if it does not??? Sitting on the edge waiting to see what happens....
#1142000

I was charged yesterday. I am not nor have I ever been a directtv customer. My bank told me they just need a fax that states that I have no account in order to get my money back in 24-48 hours.

Directtv refuses to do this even though they admit I have never had an account with them.

DirecTV a major rip off

Back in October 2010 I received an offer in the mail for a direcTV bundle, starting at $29.95 per month. I was with Verizon Fios for TV, Internet & Phone and was trying to save a little money per month. The young lady I spoke to assured me that my total bill for TV Internet and Phone would be no more than $80.64 and that my internet and phone service would stay with Verizon, but be billed through DirecTV, and they would organize that. I agreed and setup an installation date, when a technitian came and installed a new satelite dish (bigger and uglier than the old DirecTV dish that was on the roof) abd did NOT remove the old dish (not his job). A few weeks later when I got the first bill it was for over $80 and only included the TV service. I called customer service (LOL - you don't get any service there) and started the song and dance about how good a deal that was and how I could save some more if I went and requested a rebate online. I also found out thay had NOT communicated anything to Verizon about switching the internet and phone billing. I then got Verizon customer service on the phone and discovered that my particular service (voice on copper line and internet on Fios) could NOT be billed via direcTV. We then did a 3 way call to DirecTV customer service and after much discussion was informed that I was stuck with DirecTV even though they could not deliver what they had promised. And that if I calcelled I would have to pay the cancellation fee of $480. I demanded to speak to a supervisor and was put on hold for 7 minutes, then the operator came back and said to hold further as they were still trying to find a supervisor. I was then cut off and nobody bothered to call me back. A few days later I posted a complaint on their website and got a response that someone would calle the next day. Nobody did, however a call was received from DirecTV a few days later when we were out. The next week I called again and finally got to speak to someone who called themselves a supervisor. She was not really willing to listen nor did she have any power (or desire) to anything about the situation, except inform me that I was bound by their agreement and would have to pay the termination fees anyway and if I did not pay the bill they would simply charge the credit card that I had used for the initial +- $20.00 setup fee. I will be contesting these charges via my bank. Did I mention the amount of time burned up trying to handle this whole cycle? John Boshoff

Also watch out, they will run a credit check on your Equifax report even if you just ask about services. They did this to me and now I have an inquiry where I had not had one since I bought a car.

Direct TV cost considerably more than they said it would. There were a lot of "un-anticipated" charges. I would recomend using your laptop.

im with direct tv and like every 3 times a week are sattulite isnt working eveen when its not any bad wheather just sunnny sometimes dont get direct tv thinking about swintching :? peace cupcake out 8) 8)

:cry

I am having a disagreement with them. I am very dissatisfy with business practice.

I would like to be invovle in the class action suit. They owes people money. Five dollars to speak to representative sometimes depending your problem.

Service charges keep their equiptment working so you would be watch television and on and on. :upset

Hey Roxanna :( I'll go in with you on a class action, if we were named plantiffs, we'd get some $ back from this company! I was a customer for about 8 years..if they would have taken as good of care of me as they do their new customers, I would have still been with them!

But no, they came out, hooked up their HD services and gave me the HDTVDV what ever...and "Rolled me" into a new 2 year service agreement without so much as a mention! What a crock, this will never stand up in court...my services were bundled and bills paid...so long Direct, see ya, bye bye now...I have Comcast, which isn't the best but I know in a year if they don't treat my like I want I'm going to be gone from them too!

dish net work is bad ,but notto hard to deal with.now I have comcast,some problems but at least I can talk to some in the good old U.S.Ahave we ask for so much[even unionized]that companys real are not altogether at falt.enerything we do comes back so pay more.driving a 18 wheeler for many years opened my eyes to alot of things that we do to make company do some of the things that they do.haven' the goverment messed with as that w have to become liers to deal inevery day life.You can not be totally honest and survive. what are we teaching our children they contradict ourselves.What have we become?

Wow.. So far after ten years or more with DTV I had good luck..

From getting HD TV upgrades.. To moving the dish to new spot in the yeard.. to getting deals from dtv..

to tech miss haps to having no tv or missing chann.. but the cost is a bit high

Outsourcing! Its cheaper for big business to go to india than to hire a well qualified customer service rep here in the states.

And when a company does hire someone here in the states its at $8.00 an hour paid to a kid with no experience with the public or someone who doesnt care because they are paid so cheaply. What the ***?

When I pay my good money to a company I expect at least the minimum of common decency. America stand up dammit!

Additional comment to my previous post. My account last name with Directv was Ferguson, I later changed my name.

I had full service with them at the time of my cancellation.

I was paying them over $200 a month at the time I tried to cancel. Since I was fully paid up in advance, they stole in excess of $200 from me.

I will never do business with Directv again. First of all, it is very hard to cancel your service with this company.

They hate to lose a customer and will make all sort of promises to try to keep you. They even promised to pay my bill for month, give me freebies, etc. I did not ***. In the end they ripped me off before I could get them to cancel my service.

This is how they did it. As you know, they bill you in advance for your service. I was paid up, a whole month in advance when I called them to cancel my service. After agreeing to the cancellation, they were extremely slow in effectuating the cancellation.

They continued my service for days after my initial cancellation request, I guess trying to avoid paying me back anything. And they never gave me a refund for my unused service! Instead, they sent me a final bill and get this, showing me owing them! I knew I did not owe them anything, but was tired or arguing with them on the phone and went on and paid the final bill.

Result: They later refunded my overpayment of the final bill they sent me,(my own money) but never, ever gave me back the money from the advanced paid up service!!!!

Beware of this company. It will find a way to steal your money!!!!

i had direct tv for three years when i lived in a townhouse then i moved into a house and decided to keep direct tv so the day i moved into my house direct showed up to install my service so the guy went on top of the roof and at this time i'm unpacking so the direct guys runs in my house to tell me that he dropped his hammer and broke a pipe and water is going every where so new to a home i was like find the water shut off so he did find it but it shut off all the water in the house so i did not have water in my house the direct tv guy told me he called his company and that some one would be out early in the morning to fix the pipe so i waited because i felt they should have paid for it but no one ever showed up i called direct tv and informed them what there tech had told me and that was a complete LIE they did not care theyv told me i needed to mail them pictures and a written statment and get some one to fix it and then they would do something about paying me back so to make a long story short i hate direct tv they are liars and i was so happy to say goodbye and become a cox customer i think direct tv is full of there self and i am happy they are not robbing me any more what a joke and very bad experience for a first time home owner

Direct TV wants you to upgrade to HD but when you do beware the cost is very hi. Just to replace existing equipment was $565.95 and not to mention the *** you have to have to put up with, waiting on hold being hung up on etc.

If I had decent cable service here I would go cable. Direct TV does not take care of long time (15 years) customers with any thing free including upgrades.

Direct TV is a joke. they claim to offer the best customer service.

Yeah right they are a rippoff that will take your money whenever they can without your authorization. I am fighting them through my bank to get back money that was taken from my account without reason. Then i received a bill stating I was getting a credit back for all the money they stole. To this day the only thing I got was a credit for there sorry equipment but I am still out.

Now they have there Bullies Allied Interstate trying to collect a DEBT THAT IS NOT OWED AND THAT THEY ALREADY STOLE MY MONEY FOR. shame on Direct TV and there not so consumer friendly business practices.

I'm willing to be a part of a DIRECTV class action suit. Let's do this.

Used a Divorce lawyer in Wilmington, N.C. She did not get me an equitable division of property nor even tried, just went with what my ex husband proposed and told me it was best we could do.

I had paid her retainer for this "work".

After a bad settlement she billed me for an additional $2400, adding insult to injury. :eek

I switched from "Dish" to Directv to save money; Ended up paying $28 more per month and out $300 for a mistake THEY made. I'm retired and can't afford the Early Termination Ripoff, so I'll escape from them as soon as I can.

They don't seem to realise that this stuff spreads. I put them down every chance I get; none of my family or friends will ever deal with them.

Why don't all you guys come together and file a class action suit against Directv. Stop letting big companies screw the consumer.

All I can say is that my husband and I are going through a similar experience with DirecTV and I will bad mouth that sorry company until the day I die unless they fix what they have messed up. I guess "doing your homework" ahead of time doesn't mean much anymore.

They lie to you and tell you one thing but when the bill comes it is completely different. When you ask for answers, none are given. If answers are given they just continually pass you through the loop with each person you talk to after that giving you a different answer.

DirecTV does not stand behind customer satisfaction nor do they give a rat's behind about the customer. NEVER USE DIRECTV!

This just happened to us. On 3/02/2011 we order the bundle package over the phone and was lied to.

They came the following Sunday and installed the tv, but the internet and phone they said would be by someone later. After 3 days of calling and numerous hours on the phone, we were told it is not their problem and we can not cancel or will be charged the $480.00 early termination fee.

They really rip people off. And are not willing to help at all!

I've had these people for over 15 years, because I've had no other choice and it has been lie, lie, lie from the getgo. Why complains, they are just using the new American business model. Get used to it!

All this dishonest charging by this company is just one of the reasons why people steal their satellite signals.If these satellite companies offered TV at a reasonable price I think most would order and pay a monthly charge for their service.

Let me be direct to Direct TV you suck! The outrage deceptive pricing practices I wonder why the State and Federal Government does not look into their practices especially the phone services.

Maybe we have a kick back going on here. I have taken so much off my service and it still is up around $200.00.

So I have made up my mind I am taking everything off and go back to (PPT) Poor People Television and order my movies through the red box or netflix. Oh yes maybe those overpaid sports figures will realize also that we are tired of paying their salaries also.

I hate Directv too! I have many complaints but the major one is what happened just last week.

They cut off my service for non payment even though the payment is autodrafted from my account monthly. Yes, I checked and they received their money!

When I called customer service, all I got was a recording stating that I could speak to someone AFTER I make my payment in full!!!

Directv is a total rip-off and I would definateley not recommend them!

I can't get cable where I live so I'm going to try DishTV. I am hoping t hey are an honest company. It would be a welcomed change!!

I purchased the Bundle Package from DirectTV June 2010 from their website. I was told that there would be no problem in getting the bundle.

After having it installed and signing the contract they as of this date have not been able to provide the bundle for me. I have contacted all of the service providers in my area that they told me could provide this service, however none of them offer that service with DirectTV.

I called DirectTV and spoke to 3 customer service reps that weren't able to solve my problem. I asked to speak to a manager and they gave me William, ID#TPCH199543.

I told him I wanted out of my contract and did not expect to have to pay the early termination fee since they could not provide me with the service they said they could. He said I could not get out of the contract without paying the early termination fee. I explained that a contract goes two ways, and that they had not been able to provide me with the service they advertized so I didn't feel that I should have to pay to terminate early. He would not even budge on the matter, only offered me 1 month free on a movie channel.

I do not feel that is good customer service or good business practice. If they offer a service they need to check first to see if it can be provided to the customer.

I do not want their service but cannot afford to pay for an early termination fee. I only took their offer because I thought I was getting a good deal for 3 services in one, and as of this day still can't get that service with them.

I agree - they SUCK ***. Period.

I got Dish Network and they're far better.

'Nuff said.

AMD

I got Direct TV in February, 2010, with the black HD receiver. Ever since installation I have had trouble with my receiver taking up to 4-5 minutes to change channels when surfing channels with the remote.

I have had a tech rep out, who basically accomplished nothing but went by what he was told by the direct rep, wherever she was located. He left without doing anything about this problem. I discussed it with the tech rep and then by phone with another rep, and was told basically the receiver was operating up to Direct TV standards; that all the black HD receivers operated as mine did and there was nothing they could do for me. I asked that they install one of the older silder models which was used prior to the installation of mine, and they told me they were unable to do that as it would require a new card and hook up and I would have to pay for the service.

I was ready to pay for the service just to get rid of this problem with the changing channels on this receiver. Nothing has been done, and they are still charging me for the service, but have not fixed the problem, and they will not.

I would be interested to hear from other people who have experienced this problem with their black HD receivers installed after 02/2010 and what they have been able to get done about it. I will be changing to Comcast Cable as soon as my contract time is up.

I use them for my internet service and they are always johnny on the spot if I have problems. And when I call, I can talk with a body and not get a computer to assist me.

They did the same thing to us. We signed up over the phone, they lied about what they signed us up for.

When the service they said was available at our address was not actually available, we canceled and had to pay a $480 fee. You can forget charging it back on your cc. They have your soc sec # and they literally laughed at us when we said we'd charge it back, because they know they'll just trash your credit report. When we called, they put us on hold indefinitely, until of course, I called back on my husband's cell and managed to get through right away!

They should be severely fined for what appears to be predatory business practices.

Must be why they're advertising like crazy, cuz the word must have gotten out how bad they are. :(

timomerritt

On December 18, 2010 I became a Direct TV customer. After the install I was not able to use the On Demand feature because the installer did not include the coax connection kit to my broadband connection. I was unaware at the time that ON Demand needed broadband connection because the installer informed me that my iPhone app would allow me order movies. OK..I could live with that!! The iPhone Direct TV app has that feature and works quite well. However, I’m not able to use my On Demand through my receivers. I called customer service about this and they wanted to charge me $129.00 for this kit, but if the installer would have installed on the day of the installation it would have cost $0.00. If I would have known that I needed the coax kit for my On Demand there is no way I would have let the installer leave without the full functionality that Direct TV offers. I could see paying for the kit if I had turned it down-but I didn’t!!

During my conversations with costumer service they informed me they could not credit my account for the amount of $129.00 because they did not have the authority to do so. I’m asking that someone from the corporate office take interest in this issue and make this right. Someone has the authority to credit my account. The reason I left Comcast was because of some similar issues, and poor quality. So I sit here on a Friday night writing this complaint to end my day. Please make this right….

Please contact me through my email account and I will setup some time to discuss.

Timothy Merritt

I had trouble with my d-tv box I called several times no response. I wrote the company & I did get a response but it wasnt good they told me I had to buy a new box, The box I was using was from an past account I had from them and they wanted like 300 bucks for a new one, Every one else gets a new box when starting an new account.

I told them I would never have them on my propertys again but soon after a renter on my property called D-tv without my permision and I told him to leave and he said he already had permision and refused to stop putting holes in my trailer and even got mad and started breaking Insalation Board 2" all to pieces .

I called company and they said to bad so sad but they have no control or onership in it. I cussed a little so here I am.

A week after opening my DirecTV service here in Florida with a credit card, I get notified by my CC company suspicious activity was occuring all over the L.A area. Sure enough wireless accounts and trips to Magic Mountain were all over the card. BEWARE the Directv employees may use your CC numbers for their friends fun!

Dear John,If it is not too late you might think about closing the credit card account DTV has on file for you.that way they cannot put charges on the card or if a bank account close the bank account.I know this is a lot of trouble but better than them charging you $480+nonreturned equipment fees usually another $460.that you will probably not get back.File complaints online with the BBB,FTC and your Attorney General They may be able to help you get out of paying them.Your bank will probably not help you with this matter I have not heard of one bank helping the customer get money back from DTV.Go to: ehow.com and type in "how to avoid/reverse DTV's service charge.You can pick up some good info here.

I went from cable to direc tv and had nothing but *** for 1.5 years. Equipment broke several times through no fault of my own and they charged me ~100 dollars each time.

Finally I just paid the cancellation fee and went back to cable. I coulndt be happier.

There customer service is absolutely the worst as well. I mean atrocious!

The posts I read do not surprise me one bit. Since 2002 the billing department has screwed up at least 8 out of 12 bills each year. I have had more discounts on my bills than I know what to do with. If they can always give me these discounts why don't they just charge their customers less? Evidentally they can afford to do these discounts. Wait until Direct Ticket is over...I'm getting rid of DIRECTV. The sad thing is that they just won't care. But my mailbox will be packed and my phone will ring with "please switch back." Why? So I can get ripped off and pissed off because their customer service and billing department employees stink at their jobs. No thanks!

They must think that their programming is 100% pure gold. I argued their fees for Direct Ticket and of course I got it for a whole lot cheaper than normal. I have been a customer since 1997. Since I moved from Texas in 2000 my service has been horrible. I had experienced tornados and still had a signal in Texas. Here...the wind blows and I lose the signal.

I had to take HD programming because my neighbors tree was causing local channels to go out. Why do they charge $10 for HD programming when cable companies, and Dish Network, give it to you for what they say is free? I was not happy considering I have an HD ready TV and now I had to pay more for their programming.

Run from DIRECTV if you are reading this and considering their services. Take your local cable company and avoid the dish on your house or mounted in the yard.

Direct TV Sucks!

I hired an attorney to assist in my case.

The staff who work there have no idea what they are doing. They

lie, cheat and steal from consumers.

Every person who has been done wrong by direct TV should ban together

and get the word out.

The staff that you talk with do not even speak clear English.

I had to request to speak with someone that I could understand.

Still got no where!!

My story begins with my son being involved in a double fatality accident.

When he bought his home he used my credit card to get his Direct

TV.

Following the accident a few months passed and I received a 500.00

charge on my credit card. Direct TV used my credit card fraudulently.

I immediately called my credit card company and cancelled my account.

I then called Direct TV.

They tried to tell me they could use my card because it was on the account.

I said NO it is not.

I did not sign anything with you crazy people.

They are running an illegal operation.

Direct TV needs to be shut down.

I have sent my story to the news media, Oprah and 60 minutes.

I asked 60 minutes to investigate and if they aired this info about

Direct TV there switch board would light up for days.

Contact your Attorney General. File a complaint. They will investigate.

This is the only way Direct TV is going to be shut down.

johnnybe

Yup they just don't seem to care!

And their advetising is just as bad - right below this was an ad that says "$1/day for Crisp Clear Stunning HDTV Free Showtime, Install and Shipping" - when I click on the ad I have a choice between $55/month (almost $2/day) and $111/month ($3.70/day)...

I'ts ALL LIES...

BizarreCraig

Dear John, (I've always wanted to write a Dear John Letter :grin )

I had previously been a DirecTv customer years ago, back before they provided the equipment. (receivers, dish, wireing etc)

It took me and my friend more than 4 hours to install & find the signal that comes from the South but loved everything that DirecTv stood for. I relocated and where I was moving did not have full coverage so I signed up for my local cable company. Oh how I missed DirecTv.

I moved again and checked to see if DirecTv was available in my area and I was very happy that it was. Even after I was told that the equipment that I purchased and owned outright was not going to work on there network. I wasn't too freaked out because at least I wouldn't be spending money on replacing outdated equipment. (so they claimed) It took about two weeks before I could get an installation date so I scheduled the termination of my cable service on the same day of the installation. Who knew that from the word GO I had nothing but problems. The first installer was lazy and did the least amount of work to get me connected. That very night signal was lost and after spending about 2.5 hours on the phone with their useless service department and the technical department it was decided that a service call would be necessary. They then told me that a service charge would be applied to my first bill if the problem was due to no fault of their own and the next available appointment would be exactly 2 weeks and 2 days away. I couldn't believe that especially since I had cancelled my cable service and was going to be without my television for two weeks. That was the only date they had and either I take that date or if I chose to wait for one of the supervisors to call me back the date could be pushed out farther if the date was no longer available.

Two weeks later a field supervisor showed up and basically had to reinstall/wire the entire system which took have the time it took the first guy and had me up and running and I thought I was happy again until the next morning when it was out again and this time they blamed it on the equipment and I HAD to take it into the local office (which wasn't so local) and trade it out if I wanted the problem resolved.

So what I did was call my cable company back told them the situation they flipped a switch in their offices and I instantly had cable service again because I still had their equipment. DirecTv has sent me several bills totaling a few thousand dollars for that first month of service that I never got and the equipment. I told them that they delivered the equipment to me and whenever they wanted to come and pick it up it would be ready for them. Needless to say I still have the equipment (now I have two complete DirecTv setups) I placed all of my financial institutions on notice and was surprised when I started explaining my problem they had heard of similar problems with DirecTv.

One would think with all of the options that we have today DirecTv would do everything within it's power to keep the customers they have.

View more comments (36)
Review

Directv in Getzville, New York - Direct t v took without permission my money over 500.00

my bad experience with direct tv took my money when we cancel before 24 hr and same day told no problem and then said we pass the time for canceled also they said return my money fast and took over 5 month and keep with 250.00 or my money direct tv are like mafia took your money for nothing plus when i cancel the guys intals my service y telling take back no work for me and said they cant i need to call for cancel after that start my fight with you and took my money enjoy rateros
Review

Directv in Arlington, Texas - DIRECT tv- treats old customers like poo !!!

Bend over, valued consumer..Direct Tv has no value for the loyal customer- I found out that if I was a new subscriber, my bill would be 20 bucks less each month, PLUS I would get a free DVR HD box that costs 200 bucks for the current subscriber...THEN, lets talk about the free HD for life..in my life, it is 10 bucks a month..so each year they clip me for 120 bucks (320 for 2010 with upgraded box) I S THIS A G R E A T offer or what ?? If ya bend me over, at least kiss me first !!

I agree, Direct TV seems much more interested in new customers than keeping loyal customers. Every promotion from free HD to free NFL is aimed at bringing in new clients.

They should be featured on that banking ad, about how it wrong to treat new friends better than old. They throw you a free pay per view and feel you've been rewarded! We've had this service for over 15 years but I'm not sure how much longer I can take this neglect. I would love to take part in their customer satisfaction survey.

But somehow I think they hand pick those participants. Very disappointed in this company!