Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

DirecTV refunds How Long , Not 6-10 Weeks Please????

I was told from a "customer service resolution specialist", that it would take their processing 6-10 weeks for my refund check to get to me by mail!! I said that that was absurd! He said that it didn't matter if it was a card refund or a paper check. Who has gotten a refund back from DirecTV? How long has it taken you to receive? How long have/ had you been waiting?? Is there anything You did or I can do, to speed up the return process?? I was told that writing or contacting the BBB would help. Does anybody know if that is true? down with DTV!!!!!
Review
#198601 Review #198601 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Directv in Atlanta, Georgia - Charging to rehang wires!

After being a Direct TV customer for about 7 years it becomes more and more difficult to deal with these idiots. I keep trying to believe in them but when you finally get an agent and they first thank you for being a good long term customer you know you are in trouble right then!! I need the outdoor wires they installed rehung as they are drooping down about 5 feet from under the eave and I am sure that one of these days service will disappear and it will take 5-6-7 days for someone to get here to fix it and I won't have their lousy service for those days. So after my first call is transferred and then ends up with the message that it cannot be taken at this time CALL AGAIN LATER(!) I have to go through everything again and I am told that they don't camouflage wires and if I want them fixed I must join their *** service plan or pay a onetime service fee of $49.99. What the heck will they ever dream up next? I told the woman I just want the wires put up where they installed them, not rerouted or anything but she was insistent until I blasted her. She then waived the fee and made sure I understood this would be a ONE TIME ONLY thing. I must say I got my appt quickly for 2 days from now so we will see what happens. When I had the DVR service installed it took 4 appointments and about a week to get it done. And that was something they would make money on- I can just imagine what this will take. I am locked into Direct TV till next June and I hope by then there is a better way to go. Direct TV is great as long as they are just collecting your money, but when you need them to step up and provide any customer service they make you want to strangle somebody.
#190377

Watch your bill because they may try to charge you a service charge for this the next time you call there will be no record of them telling you that.

Review
#198546 Review #198546 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Directv in Phoenix, Arizona - Direct Tv

I need to know how to get out of a Direct TV contract. Their customer service is horrible. My TV is out, and their reply is they can have a technician out in two days. I pay for a monthly service contract and that's the best they can do. I fell for their lies and got rid of my cable company that would come out and fix my cable immediately. I am not a couch potato, but I do enjoy my evening tv after a long day at work. Any help or advice on how to void the contract would be great.

I would like to get out of my contract too.Have you had any luck?They raised my bill from $55 to $81.Im on fixed income.This is more than my elactric bill.

#190399

TAS,This is not good advice! they keep records of all the movies ordered so you can expect to receive a bill and the non return fee for the box is much higher than the $45 you state.

I am no fan of DTV but believe me you can't believe a word they say they often tell you what they think you want to hear(THEY LIE) they know that chances are slim in your taking to the same person twice. they have been doing this for years and years and they know all the dirty little tricks to use and in the end the customer will most certainly lose.

#190388

I just got off the phone with Direct TV and let me tell you that I was a loyal customer fro 7 years. I sent my box back and now received a bill for 3 pay per views from 2007.

Charlene from Direct tv informed me that if my phone line was not plugged into the box, they had no way of knowing that I ordered pay per view. They can only charge me when I return the box and access card. So.....if you are stuck in the contract, unplug your phone line, order all the pay per view you want and just don't ever return your box or access card.

You will be charged the $45 for the box but all the free pay per view you can handle. Good luck.

just take the appointment they offer. Cooperate.

Directv is your partner not your slave. You have a business relationship with Directv and if they tell they could send someone over in 2 days then you must respect that.

After your service is fixed you call back and ask for credit for time without service. Remind yourself why you decided to dump cable and went to Directv.

View more comments (3)
Review
#198439 Review #198439 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Directv in Buffalo, New York - Just plain rotten customer service and disrespectful to the max

This is a complaint about terrible and rotten customer service. I am leaving DirecTV due to there customer service and how they treat people. I got my final bill of $17.10; and paid it. Then today, 9/10/10- I got a bill for activity start date of 8/26/10 showing balanced paid; but an activity on 10/31 of a movie charge for $3.99. I couldn't recall what this was; it turned out it was a movie I watched 10/31/2008. 2 years ago? I remember I put the free coupon that they gave me on the Fridge; and as the months went by the movie never showed on bill. I forgot all about it; probably lost coupon; had some medical problems, diagnosed with Parkinson's disease; lots of Meds, now I'm undergoing my 3rd surgery on my brain, in fact it's scheduled for tomorrow (9/14/10). And I'm only 53 years old. I'm now retired from US Army Reserves- as a Lieutenant Colonel who held a Top Secret Clearance, having spent 13 active years and 17 Reserve years for a 30 yr. total. I have certificates of appreciation for my service abroad and at home signed by Presidents Bush and Obama. I also worked as a Probation Officer in NY State; just shy of 17 years. I am now retired from that due to disabled status. Now to your company customer service agents in Mexico. I called to discuss this silly little $3.99 bill, mentioned to them that the movie in question was like 2 years ago and this is first time it's showed up. I told them now that I see it; I remember having coupon; but as time went by, who knows. Javier, the cust serv rep; said that the coupon would be expired now anyhow. I said since coupon had to be sent in with bill, then it's a catch 22 situation anyhow; but seriously, who would keep it for 2 yrs waiting on it to be on bill. They kept saying the delay had something to do with the box not being tied to my phone; I told them who's fault is that, they said nobodys. Well, Javier was very rude, and said since I'm remembering it not showing on bill back then, why didn't I call to inquire. I said it wasn't a big thing, and as time went by, i didn't think about it anymore; the supervisor tried this same line; I asked him if he was implying I was crooked or something; that's why I laid out my background to you upfront. I don't care about the $3.99, in fact i made out check just now and sent it to you. But I do take great offense to your customer service agents attitudes. At the end of conversation with Javier I finally asked for supervisor, Javier said in no uncertain terms, OK, but this is not a charge your going to get removed. He made me wait extremely long time (Probably as he filled supervisor in on all); I say this because when supervisor "Roger" got on phone, he was a parrot for Javier. I made a bit of a sarcastic joke once I realized the game, and I said since "your" supervisor (Javier) already told me same thing- and of course Roger said ,No, he was the supervisor. I asked for names and location as I would write VP or President if I thought he'd read this. I actually liked direct TV; and adult son and adult daughter have it (but this incident on my way out the door confirms that I won't come back now). I might have left for a year then came back; but Javier and Roger put the nail in the coffin. Completely illogical; putting a 2 yr old movie bill on to someone. I even said to Javier at one point when he started implying "Why didn't I call" insinuating I was doing wrong; and that's when I said, OK , so you want to know, well that's when medical problems started , I'm going in for 3rd Brain surgery tomorrow. He didn't say a word, I said I know you don't give a ***, but there you have it. He still remained silent; most humans would have said, "Well Sir, Im sorry to hear that, or something". Well, thats it, your checks in the mail.

You Have been working for 47 years

did you go in the service when you were 6

years old? :roll

@bobo

Bobo he was in the reserves for 17 years while a probation officer

View more comments (1)
Review
#198249 Review #198249 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Directv in Dallas, Texas - Directtv's poor customer service and billing

I have had Directtv since 2004. I have a choice package without preminum stations. My normal bill is around $81.00 per month. In August I overpaid my bill by mistake and had a $60 credit. The following month which is September I received a bill for $181 !! Naturally I called. Talk about the worst customer service ever! They were rude and even the manager was rude to me and no one still hadn't explained the situation to me or given my money back. I notice I had Stars added. I asked who did that? He said I see you gave permission, which I did not. The matter is still unresolved the manager told me to cancel Directtv if I wanted to! They suck I am getting someone else.
#209383

First of all JOKER (appropriate choice of name). The bill was overpaid there would be no reason to lie about my circumstances and the idea of the entire forum Pissed Consumer is to relate you issues about a company or product. Secondly, I am not a dude, I am female ex Air Force Recruiter and to think that I served to honor and protect idiots like you.

#190818

Flavorfav...If you decide to cancel service with DTV and have had service since 2004 have you had any upgrades such as any boxes replaced or new equipment of any kind? If so they most likely have extended your contract and may try to charge you early canellation fees.To be safe before you cancel change #'s or close your credit card or bank account whichever they have on file for you.

Don't put anything past these crooks because they are probably not done with you yet! Been There Done That!

You overpaid $60 and Directv decided to keep it for themselves??? lol Maybe you realised you overpaid and you decided not to pay your bill for the next couple of months??

Or maybe you never actually overpaid your bill? What have you been smoking, dude?

View more comments (2)
Review
#198214 Review #198214 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Directv in Livingston, New Jersey - My Direct TV dish was removed from my premises by a Direct TV serviceperson and given to my neighbor

My neighbor ordered Direct TV satellite service on Friday 9, 2010. I live in a duplex and have the Direct TV satellite service. I went away for the weekend and spoke to the serviceperson to guide him to the correct side of the duplex who needed the service. I When I returned on Sunday, ready to catch the season openings for football. I noticed that my TV had no signal. I went outside to discover that my satellite was removed. The sheriff told me that after talking to the neighbors, the serviceperson removed my dish and installed it to theirs!
Review
#198201 Review #198201 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Directv raised my bill by $25 dollars!!!!!!

This is the most rediculous company I have ever seen. My contract is up in 1/11 and I will be getting my TV service from anywhere but with them. They are thieves and frauds and I hope they get caught for what they are doing. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP WITH DIRECTV they are THIEVES!!!!!! There are so many hidden fees. I have not been receiving a channel now for 2 years and didn't know about it and they are not willing to reimburse me or anything!!!!!!! I have the sports package and have been paying for it for almost 2 years but have not been getting all the channels I have been paying for!!!

They did the same to me.As soon as contract is up ,its out of my house.

Review
#198093 Review #198093 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Directv in Wasilla, Alaska - Happy

I just wanted to thank you for having better selection of channels then Dish I love the ID channel and the sports channels much better channels all the way around Dish sucks.We have had direct tv for a year or so now and we are very happy we made the change I just wish I didnt have to do a hundred words here I would have been done by now oh well it is what it is I guess anyway thanks again keep up the good work keep the same things you got on now more is better though.Richard Blackburn
Review
#198068 Review #198068 is a subjective opinion of poster.

DirecTv takes money without warning

I cancelled my service with Directv. I got a bill for the cancellation fees and equipment costs of $1079.60. It says the due date is 9/22/10. They sent FedEx boxes to send back the equipment. So, last week, on Wed., 9/08/10, I mailed back the equipment. Today, 9/11/10, they deducted $648.00 from my checking account, which they had on file from previous payments, without notice or warning. I called and was "disconnected" 3 times. On the fourth attempt, the supervisor says that according to the fine print on the back of my monthly statements, they have the right to deduct any money owed to them at any time without warning. I asked, "why put a due date on the final bill and shipping directions?" He said that due date didn't matter because of the previously mentioned fine print. He says it will take up to 20 days to refund the money they took when they receive the equipment I mailed last week. In the meantime, I don't have money for gas or groceries, have overdraft fees to pay due to this unexpected deduction, and my family will suffer greatly because of their lack of notification of their intentions. I have a due date in writing, but apparently that doesn't matter. Just because they "can" do this because of some fine print doesn't mean they should.
#190249

You are lucky with the return time if you were told 20 days. I was told when I emailed them (3 different people) & finally got the "customer service resolution specialist" that it would take 6-10 weeks to get my check for $171.38. I have complained to everyone that would listen there for countless hours, but to no avail.

Has ANYONE gotten a refund check baCK FROM AN OVERPAYMENT THAT THEY TOOK & HOW LONG DID IT TAKE?

THANKS A TON?

Review
#198035 Review #198035 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Directv in Reno, Nevada - Direct TV Sucks!

Canceled Dish Network to order the "better" Direct TV package. The order was placed over two weeks ago, tech was supposed to show up this morning at 8 a.m. Instead he called us at 8 a.m. to inform us that he didn't have the equipment to install. Their add is "Don't expect less", right, don't expect anything should be more like it. Thanks for the F-job Direct TV. Results: we had Dish Network turn their *** programming back on. It's better than nothing. At least we can watch the NFL this weekend. F U Direct TV.
#191377

Language and attitude??? You may want to check to see if your still a man, Jake. Change your name to Jennifer to finish the process.

Who would want you as a customer anyway with your language and attitude!!!!!! :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :( :( :( :( :(

View more comments (1)
Review
#197888 Review #197888 is a subjective opinion of poster.