Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Directv in Plymouth, Minnesota - Direct tv no service when it rains

Direct tv will sucker you into a 2 year contract. buyer beware, early terminationfee is $300.00. I found out that if it rained or even sprinkled I had no reception at all. If it rained for 4 hours, get out a board game because you wont be able to watch tv. They sent our several repairmen and it never fixed the problem. The last repairman didnt even show up. After spending a few hours over time talking to their tech support, i was finally fed up. I cancelled and they billed me $350.00. what a joke! Other people had the same problem with this company with reception just look at all the bad reviews. I should of looked at reviews before I signed a contract with them.
Review
#192847 Review #192847 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Directv in Seminole, Oklahoma - Bait & Switch

Offered a 2 discounts - the second discount need to come from a different group. After I signed up for a 2 year commitment to receive 1/2 the discount the 2nd group told me the 1st individual did not have the authority to offer the 2nd discount. I suspect that this is a corproate strategy and suggest others be ware. Thus is my view this is a dishonest organization and I look forward to ending my relationship with them I would caution all considering doing business with Direct TV to be aware that, in my view, the company has a strategy to be dishonest. I tried to change my package with them on 4 occasions and was disconnected an the 1st three attemps.
Review
#192660 Review #192660 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Directv in Los Angeles, California - DIRECT TV - no show

We had ordered Direct TV service. Were given an 8 am - 12 pm window for a service guy to show up. Waiting, waiting and more waiting. The guy calls at 11:35 saying he will be there in 20 minutes. Again at noon, nobody has showed yet. Called Direct TV who claims they will get a note to the supervisor. I told them, if the service guy is not here by 12:20 pm consider this cancelled. Nobody ever called back, but the service guy shows up at 12:38 pm and we tell him that we cancelled. Nobody apparently notified him. Glad we are not going with Direct TV, if this is the NO service you get upon installation, I can only imagine what NO service we would be getting later. Thanks for wasting 4 hours of my time.
#172026

Similar deal happened to me with Comcast. I waited all day, the guy finally showed up and said he didn't have all of the equipment and would have to come back the next day. I cancelled.

If you are like me, you work and cannot just take time off to wait on these people.

Review
#192457 Review #192457 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Directv in Hagerstown, Indiana - Direct TV stole my money

Direct TV recently went into my bank account and took all of my money without authorization. Now I have 16 bounced check fees at 31.00 a pop. They tried to claim equiptment not returned was the reason for this charge however the problem is you cannot return their equiptment without their boxes to ship them. I received the boxes July 30, the same day my account was debited. Curious right? The best part is the Direct TV bill is my husbands, the bank account is mine. How is it legal?? They proceeded to tell my husband that they keep all cards used to pay the bill on file. Legal?? So don't help your family, friends, or even your spouse pay their bill because you can get zapped in a big way. Direct TV your actions are deplorable!!

It is illegal to do that they do not have your authorization. If I were you I would file a suit and charge them for lawyer fees your 16 bounced check fees, and make the case publicly know to show their illegal behavior.

exact same thing happened to me. I called the bank and disputed the charges.

After investigation where they found i never authorized the payment, my money was returned and bank fees.

They do this all the time. I changed my card number so they could not do it again, and in the end i wound up with my money

View more comments (1)
Review
#192363 Review #192363 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Directv in Burlington, Massachusetts - Direct tv unauthorized hold causing financial woe

when i signed up for direct tv i was not notified that they would put a "hold" on my account. this hold was $25 at a time when i had $10 in the bank. as a result of this combined with the way td bank puts things in their own order not in which they happen in reality caused me to overdraft 3 items. this led to $105 in fees. i was told that if i faxed the info to them i would be refunded the money. my bank branch actually faxed everything over along with notes of what happened on july 16. i called direct tv that afternoon and was told that they had received everything and i would receive my money in 8-10 business days. i followed up the next week and was told that it was all set just a matter of waiting the allotted time period, please be patient. 8-10 business days ended july 30. needless to say no money posted to my account. my wife called on sat. and was told that they could not see any notes, maybe we faxed it to the wrong #. we told them that we had been confirmed that it was all there. my wife climbed to a supervisor who could not find anything. then to a manager who could not find anything. finally she told them to send someone to get all the equipment we did not want the service. when she was transferred to the disconnect department that person looked it up and lo and behold found all the notes and dates. he told us the money would be repaid monday aug 2. nothing posted to our account yesterday or today so i called this morning and was told the finance dept. had not reviewed it yet and when it was approved it would be another 3-5 business days. mean while i have had to take out money to feed my family and get gas to get to work and now am faced with 6 overdraft fees $35 each all of which would have been avoided if they cared just a little about the customer. they are a billion dollar company and im just a working stiff who would like to see the red sox once in a while in the little free time i have. yeah we are both pissed.

They have to have the card holders name on the account in order to use the card without permission. If you were not on the account they cannot charge it.

#171995

Just a heads up, we just ended our contract in April of 2010 and on July 30 they debited my account for 445 dollars. What is ironic about this is that the Direct TV account is in my husbands name but the bank account they took the money from is mine.

Got hit for almost 600 dollars in bounce fees. I never authorized them to use my card however they say that in their contract they can use any card you use at any time to obtain funds without your permission.

If I pay my childrens account to help them out they can hit my card and account at any time. BEWARE

Review
#192225 Review #192225 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Pissed at DIRECTV

Don't ever get DIRECTV! They rip you off. I was a long time good customer who faithfully paid my bills. I stuck with their service that I felt was superior to cable except when it rained! I did not like their requirement (which I was told changed when I switched) to pay $200. for a leased DVR. Then I terminated service after many years and switched to UVERSE. I was required to pack up my three receivers and accessories in their own provided boxes and mail them back. I did this timely and according to direction. I tracked the return shipments with their return tracking numbers. They were delivered on July 2, 2010. On July 18, 2010, I received an email stating that I had an outstanding bill which was incorrect because all current charges had been paid. I called to find out that I was being billed for unreturned equipment. I provided tracking numbers and was assured that no charges would be made to my credit card which I was required to provide. I was also told that the bill would be rectified on the next business day. I later received a paper billing for the erroneous balance which I was told that I would receive, but I was waiting for the reversal of the bill which I was assured I would also receive. Yesterday, when I was away from home, I received an auto-generated call which instructed me to call about my account. I did so today, August 2, 2010 and found that my credit card had been charged without my authorization for the erroneous account balance. After over two hours on the phone with the customer service call center and supervisors, I was told I could not be connected to anyone in account billing who had the authority to reverse my charge immediately. I now must wait for a correction that will be made supposedly "within 72 hours." This is ***. No reputable company should treat customers this way. I had specifically called and was assured this would be resolved but no one corrected the error. Don\'t ever trust these bastards. They will rip you off. I am now out to totally discredit DIRECTV, expose them for the thieves that they are, and make sure that the public is aware of how they operate!

DTV did the same thing to me.Three weeks and three phone calls later the charge was removed. Luckily, I did NOT use their auto bill service and they did not have my CC info. Always keep the tracking info for returns.

The word does not show up so make that dirty nasty stinky disgusting x rated shows

Direct tv because they were upset about a customer leaving, Charged for 2 *** shows. I have known these people for a few years and I know for fact that is not something they would do. Stay away from Direct tv.

Review
#192183 Review #192183 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Directv has terrible customer service!!

Direct TV has terrible customer service. They do everything they can to ensure it will be quite challenging to reach a live service representative. I called in to change my service & the electronic approach did not meet my needs so I had to work hard to request a rep & then I am still waiting on the line. I was not upset when I initiated my call but now I am outraged at the total lack of leadership of this company. The leadership of this company should be ashamed!!! Why is it that satellite and cable companies do not get it about providing good to excellent customer service? There is a real opportunity here for some leadership team to create a true differentiator.

dear robertmnch dumba** directv does not have anything to do with your vcr come into this century and get a blue ray player

I have seen and dealt with their customer service it is terrible. However did you try to push 0 when you got the machine. It used to take you to a rep right away.

:x My VCR will NOT Record! When I have my VCR set up to record a Program and I Press Record, the VCR EJECTS the Tape.

Nobody at DIRECT TV can figure it out!

Great Company! As soon as my Contract runs out, I'm GONE!

captobvs

Have had them for over 20 years back when they were Primestar and haven't had any complaints with them.

View more comments (3)
Review
#192151 Review #192151 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Directv screwed up my order. refuse to do anything about it

I just had directv installed yesterday. I had ordered a dvr which I didn't get. I have to wait 2 more weeks to get that. A friend referred me and I let the salesman know that the day he took my order. I nor she got the credit for that. I couldn't create an account on their site so I couldn't get the rebate for signing up for it however someone helped me with that finally and I got it. I am now stuck with this for 2 years and I'm not happy about it at all.

The rebate I'm talking about is the refer a friend rebate. A friend referred me, however when my order was placed the salesperson failed to include that. I called to complain and they said my friend and I could not have that rebate now and they offered me a one month rebate of $10.00 instead.

You have a certain length of time to cancel your order. I'm thinking 3 days but not sure.

The rebate is $10 off your bill for per month I believe. Watch your bill each month to make sure they do not overcharge and the rebate is taken off

View more comments (1)
Review
#192023 Review #192023 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Directv in Miami, Florida - DIRECT TV A RIP OFF

Direct TV is a RIP OFF. I've had the service for over 3 years paid on time. But due to the price and service (always cutting off), I decided to cancel. WHAT A MISTAKE. almost two months after cancelling the service, without my knowlwdge debited my account $300.00. When I called, they said that they had every right to do so. I disputed the charge with my bank.. but now they are saying that i owed them for various services and converter boxes. I am definately informing the BBB of the less than medicore service... they really suck!!!

Direct Tv. is trying to rip me off also ! I cancelled my account October 19th and they had their receivers back in their possesion by October 25th and yet they are still attempting to collect for a full month and I refuse to pay more than I owe !

No offense, Paul, but you could do with some grammar lessons. If you've written DirecTv, I hope you've done so without the run-on sentecnes and neglect of capitalization.

i was told when u move u get a free hd reciever or dvr did not get either one so i called u guys and fought with atechnition and got know were. so i am writing u this letter because i am pisssssssed off at direct tv if this matter can not get handled i will never use direct tv again and i own a barber shop and tell everyone not to use u guys thank u and hope to here from u soon

Review
#191475 Review #191475 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Directv in Raleigh, North Carolina - Direct TV Cheating

A sales person working for DirectTV kept on calling my home even though our home phone number is registered in FTC as "Do not call number for advertisement". He kept on promising that Direct TV is offering a two-year contract of $19.99 monthly fee, same rate for two year with free installation. I eventually believed in him and agreed to install Direct TV since Time Warner and Dish Network were offering similar program last year. When the installation person came to my home, he did not bring a service contract. We used Time Warner and Dish Network before. They usually provide service contract with detailed service programs and exact cost on installation day. But Direct TV does not have any written and signed service contract. We called DirectTV asking for the confirmation of this $19.99 monthly deal for two year and was told "Yes". But the bill received 5 days after installation showing that Direct TV already charged us $34.71 monthly fee on credit card which is $29.99 before tax. We Called DirectTV many times and found out $29.99 monthly fee is for first year, the second year will be $44.99 monthly. I immediately request to cancel since these are not the rate DirectTV agent promised for us to signup and there was never any written service contract for us to sign. But we were told if we cancel they will charge us $480 cancellation fee immediately. The agent also asked our credit card, social security number, Birth
Review
#191286 Review #191286 is a subjective opinion of poster.