Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Directv in San Jose, California - DTV Fraud - Don't deal with this company!

Likewise, I am so pissed with Direct TV, that my blood pressure is off the wall! 5 months ago DTV offered a promotion - "NFL Tickets" with free game channels plus HBO Starz etc. I'm not a foot ball fan but thought it would be good to watch some movies. Before the end of 5 months we called to cancel the package - Also to suspend our service for 6 weeks while we were on the road. Imagine our surprise when we were billed $64.99 even though our service was suspended. Two weeks of persistent calls where we were passed from rep to rep and even supervisors and we are finally told we have to pay for the "FREE" service now that the 5 months have elapsed! And no they will not give a refund even though my service is in suspension! To charge for something you can't even receive seems to me is pure FRAUD! No one ever told us there were conditions attached to the "free" offer. I sure wish there was some way to really get to this organization.

:cry

i wish we had more competition in my our

i would dump directv in a heartbeat

lying sack of bums

1 drop of rain and the tv goes out !!!

Review

Directv in Denver, Colorado - Direct TV sent 3 receivers - all "refurbished" - none worked. So much for insurance. Just ***.

Direct TV insurance and customer service is a complete sham. I have had to replace my receiver three times because they freeze. With each box, I have to go thru all these steps - constituing hours of time. I bought the insurance - but the will only send you "refurbished" pieces of junk. Such a rip-off. When I asked the IT customer support tech - Greg in St. Louis - for a new box, he told me to go to Wal-mart!! Nice cutomer support - *** bags. If you want true customer service and insurance - I would suggest any company except Direct TV.

Same here, on my 2'nd replacement. i paid for an upgrade to hd receiver.

Just received a refurb model 2 years out of production. they told me they can't choose what model they send, and even a brand new customer may not receive new or even matching equipment.

WTF? Wish i had cable service avail so i didn't have to use these ***

DirecTV cancellation Policy

AT&T promised as part of their bundled package--satellite TV service for $39.99/mo.through DirecTV. I found out later it was complicated to get that price which included filing for a rebate. I did file, but never got the rebate. I complained many times, but with no satisfaction. So, I cancelled their 2 year contract after 5 months. That's when I complained to Pissed Consumer, and I sent a letter to the legal dept and to the office of the president for DirecTV. To their credit they called me and was apologetic and agreed to not charge me for the $380 cancellation fee that would be customary.

Directv in Los Angeles, California - BAD BUISNESS PRACTICES

i loath this company because they do not give you all the information needed to make an informed decision. almost from the day i received their service i began having problems. they signed me up for the wrong package (was unaware of various packages.) i ended having to pay double what i ordered. direct tv did not send me a statement for the month of march 2010. i received five different calls from their reps, stating when would i pay my account. i asked them to send me a statement each and every time. to date i have not received a statement. sometime between 12 midnight and 6 a.m. direct tv disconnected my service. no one should do business with this co. if you do, watch out for the pitfalls!

Same situation in Del Webb, Summerfield, FL--given quote on directv television service and bundled century link (internet) service for $52.00 plus taxes and then told could not obtain the same rate--bait and switch. Have spoken with a number of folks in this community and find that many are experiencing poor practices and exorbitant prices from directv and century link. Need to contact Better Business Bureau or FL Attorney General's Office.

I cancelled my direct tv after using there service for 7 years. I received a call from a debt collection agency 2 months after canceling service saying i owed direct tv 26.97 for movies that were purchased in 2008, 5 years ago.

I never received a bill stating this. Also when i called direct tv they said if i would like to reconnect they would take away the charges. I will never purchase direct tv again. Ive been dealing with this debt collection agency for a week and a half paid them a week ago.

called back today asking for another 26.97.

Thanks direct tv for all of your good business practices.

I signed up online to get almost everything DirectTV had to offer...all channels, sports package, MLB package, NFL Sunday Ticket, etc. EVERYTHING I have in writing states that there was nothing due upon installation.

However, 3 days before my scheduled installation date, I received a $25 charge from Direct TV directly to my bank account. They explained that this was a "hold" for equipment because I wasn't being charged for equipment and installation and this would be refunded within 10 days of my installation. SCAM! I did not authorize them to randomly charge my account for "holds" when there was absolutely NOTHING in the agreement that included this charge.

I spoke to a "supervisor" named Yanita who had no authorization to do anything including refund my money. I understand that it is only $25, but it is the principal of it that made me cancel my order completely. Yanita apologized that this was not explained when I signed up, but this is normal policy. If this is normal policy, why not just put it in the agreement?

Why? Because it's a scam!

If this is the way they do business BEFORE installation, I don't want to have anything to do with them and their 2 year contract. I will NEVER be a Direct TV customer and I will inform anyone who will listen that this company uses very BAD BUSINESS PRACTICES!

View more comments (2)

Directv in Atlanta, Georgia - Direct TV - Fraud and Poor Customer Service

$39.95 promotion not given. Purchased for my 84-old parents. Sent in rebate via internet the same night I ordered the service. 1 - Cancelled Showtime in January - was told it would be taken care of. Still on bill as of March/April billing. Direct-TV has no record of the call, but said they are taking care of charge for March/April. Called in February about the $73.00 billing- was told the promotional amount would kick in after 3 months of the normal billing. Had the same charge deducted from my credit card for March/April. Was told that there was no record of the rebate. Asked for the corporate office number - after trying to give me the customer service number, they informed me they did not have the corporate office number. Said they would escalate the call and have someone look to see if I tried to enter the rebate. Asked for a call back, was told they could not guarantee it. I am burning mad - Anyone interested in a class-action lawsuit? In February, contacted about when $39.95 promotion would kick in

Signed up for $35 a month service. Guy showed up and hooked up DTV box. Said it would be $100 for the box, and that was the first I'd heard of it. Of course by then, it's already hooked up and you're on your way to what I call DTV ***.

Got my first monthly bill. $386.00.

You read that right... $386 for ONE MONTH of service! They screwed everything up: overcharged for the DTV box, overcharged for installation, charged for all kinds of upgrades I never ordered, etc. It took 48 minutes on the phone to straighten it out. They only gave credit for about 1/3rd of what they said they would over the phone. The third month, the local rep came to my apartments and conducted an "audit" to see if anyone was stealing the TV. I was too new of a customer and didn't appear on his list of paid customers, so he cut my service off.

I called and they asked that I schedule a 4-hour time to have the tech come back and re-install the service.

Guess what? I was charged for that too, and then charged AGAIN for the box I had ALREADY paid for just 3 months ago.

I called to cancel service. Nope... not without a $300 cancellation fee.

THEN they kept billing me anyway! It never ended.

It's the only choice allowed at these apartments, and I would rather have no TV at all than DirecTV. That's how bad it is. I currently have no TV.

DIRECT TV HAS ME SO MAD & PISSED RIGHT NOW THAT I DONT THINK I CAN FINISH THIS COMMENT, BUT AM GOING TO TRY. I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH DIRECT TV AS THE BOX IN MY LIVING ROOM TO THE MAIN TV WASNT WORKING & I CALLED DIRECT & AFTER BEING ON THE PHONE OF 45 MIN, OF SUPERVISOR DAVE?

AMBER? ONLY GOT MORE UPSET & IF THEY WOULD OF COME FACE TO FACE WITH ME LIKE A CONSIDERATE & FAITHFUL CO., WOULD OF, I WOULDNT OF BE THIS UPSET, I FEEL THEY DO THIS JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO OFFICE, ONLY AIR & TREAT US LIKE WE ARE "AIR HEADS" & WE ARE IF WE CONTINUE TO PAY & NOT RECEIVE GREAT SERVICES AS WE ARE PAYING FOR. DIRECT TV WANTED $49 TO COME OUT TO MY HOME TO EXCHANGE OUT A BAD BOX WHEN IT WAS ONLY 6 MOS, OLD... SAD HUH???

I DID EVERYTHING TO TRY TO RESOLVE THIS MATTER & THEY DIDNT CARE WHO OR WHAT I WAS, BLACK OR WHITE, MAN OR ANIMAL DYING, THEY CHECKED TO C IF MY ACCOUNT WAS PD, (WHICH IT WAS), THEY THEY MADE AN APPT, FOR ME ON 3/29/2010 AT 9:00am & SAID "SEE U" PLS, HAVE $49 READY FOR THE DRIVER DELIVERING A NEW BOX....

I WANT OUT OF THIS 1 YR CONTRACT & CANT UNTIL 6/2010, I HATE DIRECT TV...PLEASE EVERYONE HEAR MY PLEA & DONT GET SUCKED INTO FALSE TALES OF DIRECT TV... *** & THANXS FOR LISTENING JOYCE KINSELLA

View more comments (1)
Review

Directv in New Rochelle, New York - Horrible customer service. Didn't show at the scheduled time, and problem still not resolved.

Their customer service is horrible. I have been without HD on many of my channels for over 3 weeks. When I made an appointment for service they simply told me Saturday. Assuming it was the following Saturday I waited. After 2 hours of waiting I called only to be told it was the following Saturday. They then set up a weekday appointment. The tech decided to show whenever he felt like it not at the apppointed time. Of course I wasn't home. I reschedule for today and was told I was a priorit and they would be here at 8. I had to call them only to be told they would be here between 10 and 12. It's almost 10:30 and I am still waiting. Can't wait to cancel this *** service.

Directv in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Direct TV

Direct TV, has gone into my account and took money they was not authorized to do. I cancelled my account back in January because of them changing my bills every month. I have called them and got left on hold, I called back got supervisor then he hung up on me. Called back again and girl hung up on me, then I was informed that I couldn't speak to anyone else that corporate office didn't have a phone number. This is the sencond time this has happened to me with direct tv. my advice to you is never use them

When will Com cast stop the "NEW" cost bs. How are they not a monopoly?

Verizon does not service my area any longer, As I was rudely told to by Com cast customer service. Now they add digital TV they want to bill me 1.99 per TV in my house?

just to get cable I am already paying for? I think they are a money sucking greedy company.

Loss

Directv in Jacksonville, Florida - Promotion Fraud

I wish I had read the reviews about Direct TV before making the switch from Comcast, I would not be stuck with a 78.08 statement. Signed up on line for their promotion of 39.99. Just received my first statement and it's for 78.08. Called Customer Service and was told I was supposed to click on the link to take the rebate inorder to participate in the promotion. There is no link, this is a lie. I did receive information with my statement in how to take the rebate for future savings. Customer Service was no help. I also had no idea I was agreeing to a two year contract.

oh my gosh...we got a flyer in the mail advertising a $29.95 deal that expires on 02/02/2012 and we called to get it...and they said there was no such deal..we argued with them for an hour..till I got pissed off and started blurting out obsenities...DIRECT TV SUCKS!!!

This is a real problem. Whether it is that great deal from Direct,Dish, FIOS or anything Verizon, advertising fraud in this business has become rampant.

I tend to think Verizon set the standards for how low they all could go in misleading people in plan costs and convoluted billing schemes. It's worked well for them (even if sued) and to compete everybody else jumped in and followed the best of the worst.

Most people should not enter into an agreement with any of these companies without an attorney. Of course that expense likely negates getting the deal advertised.

Class action should be done, but that is cost effective for them, as it remains more profitable to keep on cheating as many people as possible and just pay the the token amount a suit may win. A little genuine enforced consumer protection would be nice, but these companies seem to now be "too big" to be regulated.

they are scamming people, i was not informed about a two year contract and my bill now is over 120$ from 45$ and thats not right and i'm going to take them to court that way they can spend more money than what i owe them and they can not prove that i signed a two year contract so best is to cancel and with all the complaints they have against them they are gna be stuck with the bills that were made from scams they use when they sign you on.

Yes...same here...called I thought I was getting the service just for one year come to find out no you have to stay for 2 years and then I was told at the end of that year if I didn't want to pay for the HD service I could take it off...nope can't because I have a DVR HD receiver...didn't know I was getting that...

I have had direct tv for 4 years and ordered ufc fights and movies online and had it billed to my bill since i didnt have a telephone line to order them from the tv. We moved and when i sent the recievers in they billed me 43 dollars in movies!

Said i ordered them threw the tv i said i do not have a phone line!!! I could not order them...check MY STATEMENTS she said she couldnt BUT I COULD REWUEST THEM FROM DIRECT TV...wtf? YOU ARE DIRECT TV YOU CANT ACCESS YOUR OWN RECORDS? ALso my mother in law did a flyer advertisement and told her her bill was gunna be 4 dollars for 5 mos to add hbo stars showtime.

she did it and now is being billed for free nfl ticket? omg i hate direct tv!

I called Direct TV from a TV ad and not a flyer so I did not have any of the information that customer service told me to refer to the "flyer" on. Called them because my $39.99 bill turned out to be an $89 bill.

No one said there was a fee to "rent" the receivers, a fee for HD, a fee for DVR service and NO ONE said ANYTHING about having to fill out for a rebate to receive the special pricing. What really *** me off is that I was told that this was a 12 month thing and now they say I am "under contract" for 24 months with only a special price (after they process THEIR OWN rebate) for 12 months of it. I was told if I cancel now after only 5 days of service then I will be charged $20 per month of the "contract" that I didn't complete. I never received a "customer agreement" until it came with my first bill and I never signed a *** thing that said that I agree to 2 years of service.

Oh, and silly me, I thought that a customer agreement was to be seen and SIGNED BEFORE service begins but for some reason they think they can do this afterwards and just sneek it in on you like they think it is legal after the fact.

*** YES! CLASS ACTION!

Purchased Direct TV Satellite for my 84 year-old parents. Since Showtime came with it for three months, I was told to contact Customer Service to have it removed. My parents don't watch the type of movies that are shown, so I called and cancelled Showtime in January. Was told that it would be removed, and as of the March/April billing, I was still being charged. When I called, they said there was no record of my call.

Further, I did exactly what the rep told me to do to receive the rebate, and did it the night that I ordered the service. I was billed full price for the first three months and called about that - they said that the rebate would kick in after the third month. Here I am at March/April, and now I am told that I never sent the rebate!!!!

I asked for the number to the corporate office, and was told by the first rep there was no corporate office - when I questioned this, he said that they did not have the number.

Talking to a second rep, she asked me to check my e-mail. If I did not receive a confirmation, I did not order the rebate. Advised her that I did everything that I was asked to do, and told her that I did not trust her company. If I knew that I was going to have to pay $70.00 instead of the $39.95 promotional price, I would not have ordered it! She said that she would escalate the call and give it to someone that would look to see if I "attempted" to enter the rebate. Asked her to have someone to call me back to let me know. I was told that she could not guarantee that someone would call me back (Great customer service! Ha!)and that if they found that I did not qualify for the rebate they would send me a letter. I asked this rep for the corporate office number - she gave me the regular number that they place on all of their bills just to get me off of the phone. I called her hand on it, and she told me that they did not have the corporate office number.

I am burning mad about this - anyone interested in a class-action lawsuit?

View more comments (6)
Review

Directv in Dayton, Ohio - Where's our satalilte?????????

after a month of no service due to "satellite not working needing to transfer to new satellite" still no service .. cant get anyone to pick up the phone get recorded messages. it takes a month to push a button and find a satellite, but only a second to turn you off (with the same button) if your late with a payment more then 3 days. if this is the best technical people you have please find someone else my 9 year old is looking for summer job she knows how to push buttons. maybe she can at least answer the phone

We went through every one of these scenarios with them. Who do they think they are, and who do they think we are that they can spit in our face and tell us it is raining?

Verizon is the same way, every month have to call re: issues with those bills too.

We intend to file a complaint with the BBB or our Attorney Generals office if issues not resolved soon. :sigh :x :cry :(

Directv in Portland, Oregon - After 7 years as a loyal customer

We purchased a new home and our "bundled" services with Qwest & Direct TV were not going to be able to provide the "same level" of service we currently have. So, after long discussions with DTV, they suggested we contact on of the competitors (they could not provide DSL service). Well, we did and signed up with them, bundling all our service. We go to cancel the Direct TV, and we get hit with a cancellation fee we didn't even know about!!!! and All because they were UNABLE to provide the same service. I will never again be a DTV customer and will tell everyone I know that's how good customers are treated when the service you want isn't even available.

i was with direct tv for 3 years.. and one day i called because i wanted some ch in hd and i wanted to be upgraded to a hd recivcer box well..

they told me i had to pay 200$ if i wanted to the box because i didnt have enough credits to my account " which means the computer told them i was late on my bill" which i was never late!! and i was always early soo i said the *** with that i cancled them and then a few weeks late they called me and said i owe them 40$ for a pay-pre view and they told me it was purhsed on march 23rd i turned in my box march 10th.. so how could that be possible then the lady changed the story well maybe it was in auguest.. i dont think soo!!

and then shes like you need a phone line to order pay pre view and i told her i dont even have a phone line and i didnt even have the box!!

and i'am still dealing with these *** people that i cant stand!! anyone have the same promble what did you do??

Loss