Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
Being on a very limited income,I continually check my bank for the current balance.I had 35.00 left until I would get paid again.To my horror,my bank card was declined for a gallon of milk.In my total humiliated state,I contacted my bank.They informed me that Direct tv...

DirectTV may try to recharge your account

I have read where they have done this to other people.When you get your money returned to your account,you may have to close your bank account to prevent this.

View more comments
Review
Made a big mistake and went with a bundled service, Qwest internet, Verizon and Direct Tv well when you talk to them they never said you were going into a 1 year contract with Direct TV and trying to talk to someone in the US well forget that you might get as close as...

Just posted one outburst about Direct tv. Here's another.

My offer from AAA stated 19.99 for basic service for 12 months.

Ha!Ha! Called their 800-513-5000 line and they don't honor that offer from AAA. I have it in print. What do they advertise an offer that they won't stand by.

Come on John Malone and Micheal White start operating your company in an honest manner.Contact your Maryland GM. Fire the bunch of them.

I would love to be contacted but am afraid for my life because of the criminal case I posted elsewhere.

Loss

DirecTV Fraud and Theft from Military Families.

My husband ordered the service and they never informed him that we were signing up for an 18-24 month commitment and told him we could cancel anytime. We stopped using them because the basic channels we were getting were rubbish and the movie channels played the same movies all month long. We left with a final bill of $89.97 and that was in August. It's now six months later and the bill is now up to $656.31 including $420.00 for not fulfilling our contract and it continued to rise until the contract is complete. I just spoke with DirecTV and they claim that even though my husband was not informed of this contract, once the installer brought the equipment and signed off on the work, that was our contract. They were rude and are falsely luring people into multi-annually binding contracts without telling them. This is theft at it's lowest level and I would like to be included to testify if criminal charges can be brought against them because they're doing this to all families and especially marketing to military families who often do not stay in one place for the length of the contract! I'm surprised the Marine Corps allows these criminals to operate on our bases, I'm referring to the insurance scams that ultimately led to soliciting being banned on bases.

We signed up for DirecTV in 1998. They had roughly 2 million customers and were a good company then. No contracts that I remember, $29.99 for the good package. We paid $380 for a receiver and dish, and did our own install.

Over the years I’ve seen them deteriorate in every way. The equipment is complicated, customer service is terrible, and the cost has gone up to $90. Plus I can’t even sneeze next to the thing without them extending my contract.

I added an old receiver in a spare room. It was one that I had stored in my basement, and figured I’d put it in my kid’s room. BIG HUGE MISTAKE I later found out!!

I hooked up an over-the-air antenna and quickly realized I could get 95% of what I watch (local television), for free, and in HD.

So I bought a DVR and canceled DirecTV. Figured it would be OK, since my last new receiver was over 2 years old. Well, they charged me $420 early termination on the 2nd receiver. Then immediately charged my credit card. Unknown to me, my contract was renewed on that old spare reciever, even though the CSR specifically told me there was NO contract on this receiver when I added it in September 2010 since it was owned.

I spoke with 5 CSRs before I actually gone one of them who understood that I shouldn’t be under contract. She put a credit on my account. But that takes 8 weeks to be refunded. So they’re holding on to MY money for 2 months!

I hate this company and would suggest nobody subscribe to them if don’t want to be shoved around by corporate bullying.

Hi!

My boyfriend and I chose a promotion with Verizon that it contained the three services "for a month trial." The cable service was Directv Verizon as our area was not eligible to Fios.

When hiceron the installation of cable, (the box seemed used), we called Verizon to confirm Directv service for a trial month without a contract (that Verizon offered Directv) and they informed us they are only three diaz. Immediately remove send to services, cable service had just half an hour. In the following diaz where we get a bill that said we had to pay for a movie I never ordered nor manipulabamos cable system to order a movie and it deconectamos immediately. Appeared that he had ordered several times during the day and week.

We called Directv, they passed us to Verizon and Verizon did the same, we move to Directv, the final one of the representatives from Directv talked with me, called me and told me bad tania to pay. Again to send another bill where they charged us more for the same movie, with the dates changed, diaz matching service that we had another cable company. I had no sense what they were doing, like two people are using two different wire services. I went back and call this time were much bad but I would not be back.

I restricted the calls but the bills kept coming with the details of the diaz and hours of the movie different. After calling the copper companies and though the name of my boyfriend, I authorized the account I know by heart to the sun today. I told them all to the first billing company, they left us alone and not as Directv will pass the case to another collection company. This makes three years and are still sending letters, he damaged the credit to my boyfriend.

If anyone knows of a group that lawyers suing the company for fraud please send an e-mail to hon3yx01@aol.com. My name is Ruth. Sorry!

if the English translation is bad, use google to translate from Spanish to English. Have a nice day!

Ted, There was probably nothing to sign except a work order after the installation had been done and then it just ask for your initials. The installer simply tells you it is to prove the instillation has been done but at the bottom in microfine print is the contract this is a binding contract acording to DTV even though you can't read it nor are you ever told of the content. Even if one knows to ask the reps lie to get you to sign a contract for 2 years.

TED, I clearly stated that my husband is the one who dealt with them and signed off on the work, so maybe you want to go after him while he's currently serving in Afghanistan. Though you claim you were in the service it doesn't give you the right to bully spouses. And since you have nothing but time on your hands maybe you could get them on a dictionary.

I guess you never read what you where signing did you .. I am retied USN How can if you are/where in the service not read what you are siging!?!?!?!??

YOU SOUND lIKE A TROLL !

! !

This is where we want you to respond to with your complaint. We are filing a law suite against them.

We need all of the public to support that has had a bad experience with Direct Tv Home Services. As soon as possible, we are going public with all of their corruption real soon.

Don't forget: fightdirecttv@yahoo.com

I signed up for DTV's mover connection and had to sign a 24 month contract for a DVR. I didn't know I had to sign a contract until after they had my service already hooked up.

I cancelled the premium package as soon as the promo waws over. btw, they bill u for the first month of svc for the so-called "free" HBO, Showtime, Starz.

View more comments (6)
Loss

Pissed at directv anyone feel like this

Are you pissed off at directv for one reason or another. Make the smart choice and start saving $$$ in the process. Packages starting @ $24.99 a month for 120 channels. Check out how you can save money and not be pissed at your satellite tv provider. Visit http://wolfesatellite.com/ or call 1-866-646-8601 to start enjoying tv again. You deserve it. All you want to do is enjoy a little tv after work and not to have to deal with all the other bull. So what are ya waitin on call 1-866-646-8601 and switch today.

Directv is terrible

Well i am stuck with you for 2 years, how can i get out because you are treating me like a door mat. to this he actually laughed and said you think getting out of contracts is that easy ? if that would have been the case why would we have contracts ? if you pull out now you will have to pay some X$ multipled by the no. of months not served, i dont recall the amount but i was very upset and dejected until then thinking what did i get myself in, Its the worst customer care service, i insisted to speak to his boss who again was as stone faced as this guy and gave a *** about me on what i wanted. I was just exploring my options and if he would have told me properly i wouldnt have got so upset, he ruined my evening as i had never faced such indignation from a service provider who i pay $75 a month ? :( . You also do not get all the chanels you pay for.

as with dish, direct tv is only worried about taking your money with lousy programming. i am tired of watching "brazilian" butt lift as a new sitcom.

when is corp.

america going t stop ripping us off with lousy service and proramming. please bring cable back.

Information was omitted by the sales person. They mailed the contract after the installation.

They did not deliver the DVR as promised, and despite a million emails they implied I never ordered one, and it would be a new contract to get one.

Even though I called within an hour after the sales man left they will admit to no wrong doing. I will spread the work as much as possible so this does not happen to others.

direct tv done me beter than dish would and i am very happy with it. :)

i have direct tv for 15 years and never had a problem.

View more comments (3)
Review

Directv in Houston, Texas - Direct Tv took money out of my account for someone else's account.

Direct TV took money out of my bank account without my knowing and put it on someone else's account. I have been waiting since Jan. 22nd for the money to be credited to my account and restore my service. Every time I call I get a different answer as to when the problem will be fixed. I have talked to there fraud department and been cleared of any wrong doing and I still have to wait and still have no service. Direct TV sucks. I just received a letter from Direct TV stating that I have been cleared of any responsibility for anyone else's account.

Directv in Baltimore, Maryland - Direct TV and Verizon Suck

I called Verizon and ordered one of their bundles, TV, internet and phone. Direct TV came , hooked up the cable, but Verizon, no where to be found. I called them 5 or 6 times, each time making a new appointment for them to come to my house and hook me up a new phone jack. Finally, I spoke to a supervisor's answering machine, telling him if I would of known I would of called Comcast. That day they were at my house. Only problem now, since it took so long I no longer have a bundle. $350.00 first months bills. I agreed to pay $90. to have the jack hooked up, but where did the other $260. come from.

The Verizon Triple Bundle with Direct TV has been a nightmare since Day 1. Took about 7 months and a letter to Verizon's BOD to get bill straightened out.

Now Direct TV is having problem with their satellite for HD with no repair date in sight. Am contracted to them for 24 months due to HD.

They are in breach of contract but will not agree to terminate without penalty. Time to file suits.

gkeyes

Did you ever get this issue fixed?

Did you call for someone to explain and correct the billing?

I suggest you call and ask for fcr or fbr they will work with you to correct the issue

I can't say much for Verizon but i agree with direct tv!! They're terrible, if you have 30 days to get out you better do it.

If the wind blows the wrong way it goes out, they charge for bs all the time and cannot explain what it is or why and you are stuck in a contract. Just be very careful with them. Also to get out of the contract they automatically charge your card the $250. Plus you cannot contact them at all.

My local cable company i can call 24/7 and talk to a person. With direct tv you can call sales 24/7 but they can't help you...

the people that can, you can only call from like 9-5. Good luck!

View more comments (3)

Directv in Salt Lake City, Utah - Direct TV harassing phone calls

Direct TV has been calling us several times a day for a week. I finally called them back and asked them to stop calling us as our account is closed with 0 balance. The lady I talked to said she would take care of it. Well, the phone calls have continued and now I'm pissed! We have DISH TV because Direct TV kept getting more and more expensive. Their customer service stinks and now they are harassing me. It's really getting old. I've reported them to the FTC and the FBI, so I hope they will think twice before they continue their harassment.

Same here, from PA.

They keep calling, harassing, won't let my mom off the phone, and now, they claim they're sending a truck to install it LOL!!!

Here is the phone number of Direct TV that has been calling me non-stop for 2 weeks.

954-944-4362

I've had about the exact same problem with Direct TV. They called me about 20 times last week and I told them I have The Disk Network now and asked them nicely to stop calling me after the 2nd or 3rd time.

Each time they say will stop calling. The are calling from Florida

View more comments (2)
Review

Directv in Clayton, North Carolina - Direct TV instalation guy lied to me !

When my husband and I moved from PA to NC...I called DTV and they said to take our DTV recievers with us and they would hook us back up in NC.....however...when the guy came to hook us up, he said he could'nt do it because he would not get a signal. We trusted what he said and asked him what we were to do with the DTV equip. He said he had no idea and never got back to us. We still have the equip. in there original boxes with the remotes. Now we can't get any TV service because DTV never came to pick up the equip. or tell us what to do with it ! Other companies now don't trust us !
Laurie Velardo

This is a bogus site ! They call us all liars !

How would I receive a copy of the call placed by my wife where the employee told her instead of canceling she would get 3 months free. My wife having worked in C.S.

and retention asked several times to make sure SHE HEARD RIGHT. The employee stated if we call before a certain date and cancel we WILL NOT be charged. My wife clarified this several times. Now they say we can't have a copy of the tape.

I work in customer service and understand the importance of integrity and if I say something incorrect I know my manager will have to do it...well we were told something against policy and now they won't back up their word. :(

Gabby,

when you called DIRECTV did you listen to the prompts? They clearly state that for quality assurance purposes your call may be recorded. The reality is this; all calls are recorded. Companies the size of DIRECTV are targets for all kinds of frivolous lawsuits so they must protect themselves in every way they can. When you called to inquire/complain DIRECTV retrieved this call, reviewed what you and the agent discussed. If the agent mislead you he would have been reprimanded or dismissed and DIRECTV would have done more to appease you. I am not saying you are lying but you did a poor job of listening.

94% of DIRECTV customers can get their local channels but not all. The agents have tools to help them identify areas that do not receive local channels. Unfortunately nothing is perfect and there is a possibillity that the agent looked up your zip code and it indicated you get local channels.

What you haven't said was that you received a $3 a month credit on you monthly bill because you don't get your local channels.

You misunderstood what you were told about cancelling your service. A new customer can cancel their installation anytime prior to the installation appointment if they call at least 24 hour prior.

Regarding the email; because email is like God, strange and mysterious, it is very likely that the email was sent because DIRECTV email clients know when an email fails to deliver. As long as the correct email was provided and the agent typed in the email in the provided field correctly then the email was sent.

What most likely happened was you overlooked it or your email provider dropped the email. there is also a small possibility that it did fail to deliver.

Also, a copy of your agreement with terms and conditions were included in your first bill. Did you look at this or, like most consumers, just throw it away?

I have dealt with the public for most of my life and have found that it is consumers, not business that engage in fraud and deception. It has also been my experience that consumers only hear half of what they are told and when they try to default on the agreements they enter into in good faith they want to blame the company they did business with. I'm not saying you are doing this but sadly it has been my experience that in most instances thsi is the case.

View more comments (2)

Directv in Sioux City, Iowa - Before you order Direct TV

I recently became a Direct TV consumer. I had had enough of our local cable company's constant rate hikes and spotty service. So I called DTV to check them out. I spoke to a young fella who gave me the run-down on DTV's services. It sounded like a worthwhile switch. The very last question I asked the young man before proceeding with my order processing was "Will I get local channels." He said "Yes," then forward my call to another rep to get the order rolling. That was when the nightmare started. The first few weeks of our DTV experience were a real nightmare. I felt as though I had been lied to from the very first word out of that young man's mouth. Not only do we not receive local channels, but we did not receive network channels either. So a day after our installation I called DTV customer service. It was only THEN that I was told that because of my location (a small town in the northern midwest) we could not receive signals from either the east coat, or west coast satellites and we would have to submit a waiver to the networks to receive their signals, at an additional cost to us. The waivers could take up to 45 days to be approved, or declined, and only one in four requests is approved. I was also told that since there is no midwest DTV satellite I would not receive local channels. But...for $100 I could purchase a separate receiver to attach to the back of my DTV receiver and "hopefully" pick up surrounding station signals. Had this been disclosed before the order was processed I would have declined the service. After taking all of this information in I decided that this was not the route I wanted to take. A week into my service I again called DTV and asked them if they have a customer satisfaction guarantee, meaning a period of time that I could cancel the service without penalty. The rep I spoke to said that they did, it was a 24 hour period after the order was placed in which I could cancel. If the 24 hours had expired I could buy out of my contract for $480. He also noted that if I had read my service contract that I would have known this. I told him that I had received no such agreement. He said the installer should have left a copy of the agreement with me at the time of installation. I searched through every box that the installer had left and found nothing. I again called DTV customer service. I was then told that the agreement had been emailed to me two days prior to the installation. Hmm...I checked my inbox, saved items, junk email, and deleted items and there was no such email, I told the rep this. At this point I had enough of talking to customer service and demanded to speak to a manager. I was given an email address and asked to send my concerns. So...I did. The response I received from a customer complaint specialist was,again, that I should have read my contract before proceeding with the order. I again explained that I never received the email. Their specialist insisted that I did, and produced "proof" that I did. At no point through all of these correspondences was the issue of my satisfaction (or lack thereof) ever addressed. Direct TV's stance was, and is that I did not read my contract before committing to their service. Because I committed to their service I'm stuck, happy or not. It has been a couple of months now, and things have improved, but I just can't get past the fact that as a paying consumer my concerns were not addressed. I was lied to from day one, dismissed when I expressed my concerns and am stuck with a service that I am not completely happy with. I don't imagine that the concerns of one little person in one little town mean much to the giants at DTV, but considering the number of other complaints with DTV listed at this site, I think you should sit up and start paying attention.

In response to "Fred." Because I too have worked with the public a great majority of my life I have learned the fine art of C.Y.A. I took notes on every conversation I had with DTV in case any type of follow-up was needed. I took names, wrote down the times that I called and the subject matter. This isn't my first trip around the block.

I agree with you regarding the email. Several factors could have been involved. But plain and simple I did not receive it when DTV stated it was sent, and I did not receive my first bill until almost two weeks after the initial order was placed. I paid upfront fees via the phone.

The point that you also seem to be missing is that I am not happy with the service I received and wanted something done about it. You, like DTV seem to think that fact is irrelevant it seems that everyone would rather hide behind a contract than to provide effective customer service and make the effort to appease a dissatisfied paying customer.

Your thoughts are sincerely appreciated, but do not change my opinion on the matter.

Gabby,