Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Directv in Dallas, Texas - Direct TV is Simply Built Upon Lies -Suck it!!

First, we signed up with them with the promise of service within 24 hrs and 2 one hundred dollar visa gift cards that were promised by Jose or "Joe" CaBrerra at the Miami IntakeOpertion Office, I explained to him that I am on a college student budget and that in order for meto pay a deposit I would need the gift cards to arrive immediately!!! He assured me that would happen......He lied!!!! The techs arrived today and walked in and said, SORRY, your apparment sits the wrong direction...5 mins. out the door, out 225 dollars 10 days for a refund per the wonderfulcustomer service agent JP who could care less about all of the issues regarding this service.... I have no $225 no visa gift cards for $200, I had to call my bank to dispute the charge cause they said it could take 10 days to give me back my money!!!!! They did not give me service,yet they are keeping my money for 10 days!!!!! They lied, they are rude, they do not care to inconvenience people.....DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY....I SHOULD HAVE LISTENENED TO MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY THAT WARNED ME ABOUT THEIR SCAMS AND SNEAKY BEHAVIOR TO DRAG YOU IN AND THEN *** OVER!!!!
#119647

I COULD NOT AGREE MORE!!!!

Loss

Directv in Akron, Ohio - Raised charge from $56 to $85. Wont let cancell without huge cancellation fee.

They raised my charge from $56.00 per month to $85.00 per month. I was on a 2 yer contract and was told my rate would not change during that period. As soon as 1 year anniversary, they increased my rate to $85.00 per month. I called and they would not change back to the 56.00. I was told to suspend the account and then I would only have to pay the 20.00 per month early fee from the time after the suspension. Now they are telling me I have to pay the $20.00 per month for that time frame. I have 6 days to pay 160.00.
#119876

I waited until my contract was up and got rid of it a day later. I am now with Comcast and am happy with it. I do not want to be stuck with a contract and early termination fee..I will never go back to DirecTV...

#119669

direct tv is a a big scam, they claim they are part of at&t bundle package they have not merge with them yet. I have been charged 70.00 plus for the last past 9 months for cable in one room asked about the merging it always a later month.

They want to charge you an addition 79.00 per receiver per room. I told them no way this is not what they promise me, so they try to charge me a 280.00 cancelation fee I told them the devil is a liar.

THEY ARE TERRIBLE AND VERY RUDE TO CUSTOMERS. I WILL NOT RECOMMEND THEM MY DOG TO THEM.

#119453

I have had nothing but problems with Direst TV! I can't wait til my contract is up!

View more comments (2)
Loss

Directv needs to be stopped poor customer service unauthorized charges

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/getNFLback Would you reward a kid for stealing from your purse? Of course you wouldn't.Then why is the NFL rewarding Directv with exclussive rights? They lie , cheat , and steal.They charge you to lease their equipment , then charge you upto $5.99 to protect it against repairs.They will also make unauthorized charges to your credit/debit card.This is 100% accurate , google directv complainsts , it will blow your mind , they had over 20,000 complaints in 3 years , thats a BBB record.They have 3 lawsuits pending , in California , Washington , and Oregon.This does not include the silent suits.My goal is to get congress to open the NFL Sunday Ticket to cable companies , And all Satellite companies , At the top there is a Petition , my goal is to get 10,000 signatures then I'm sending the petition to congress.America needs competition , what if there was only 1 electrc company , gas company , Or auto maker?You Get the point , Thanks for your support! Earl David Evans
#198856

Hey fat mama you're nothing but a puppet for that scam and fraud company directv. The BBB gives your company an F rating! Enough said.

I do agree withMr. Butts , I in fact work for directv I am the person that you speak to to disconnect your service and the last stop to settle disputes regarding service ,billing ,ect I am rotuinely yelled at ,cussed at and worse (i have had my life thretened more than once ) let me set something straught here and now As an agent I will listen to all complaints but those that scream hollar and cuss are not on my favorites list so to speak, Our company is in bussness to make money we are not a public relief angency i offer soulotions that follow company gidelines i can not bend those gidelines for anyone and still be employed do you argue with the cashier @ walmart to get a cheeper price on canned goods or with the sales person @ sears to get a free chain saw?

No Why because the priceing is there for all to see if there is a sale horay , but just because your neighbor got a discount and you did not is no reason to berate the person that answers the phone , maybe your neighbor has been with the company longer or actualy called in and asked if any discounts were available these things are not automatic. As far as the c.c. charges the c.c.

holder is the one that provides the c.c. info we do not call your bank to do that it is ileagel when you use that card to make payment ,to establish credit ,or to lease new equipment that card is kept on file to ensure payment in cases of early disconnects unpaid non return fees we SO NOT access that card for monthly payments unless authorised by the card holder ,we have these gidelines to protect against fraud and yes our customers lie to us , about many things and then get vile when those lies are discovered those are usally the disgruntled customers , trying to get something for nothing thretening to go with another provider do you really think that it will be different elcewhere .One last thing those of you that read this DO NOT EVER FOR ANY REASON bundle your services the billing messes from useing multiple companys is a nightmare (for us too) virizon is the worst to bundle with they rotunely do not pay directv for the customers service causeing cutoffs for the customers they also do not apply the discounts that are actiave on dtv accounts so read your billing the inconvenince of paying seprate billing is worth the few extra min.s compared to the hours it takes to straighten out the billing error that involves more than one company , also for dtv customers that are bundled do not trust the co/provider when they say they will cancell your dtv account because they can not do that it takes the customer or thier authorised rep to do so you would not believe the trouble this causes always always call in your self to disconnect because it will not get done by a 3 rd party

Directv provides it agents with 4 weeks of technical and legallity training. Then 3 weeks of monitored on the job training to ensure all disclosures are made to customers when they call in and speak to us to order equipment and programming.

I know because I do this job....I tell all customers about new commitments and charges to their bill. I am honest with them about the 50 fee because they don't have any "credit" built up with us if their contract is less than a year old. We are not all crooks. Before I got this job, I was a customer of them.

I love my Directv service.

And I am very good at this job because I can understand the customer's point of view. I want to help provide better serv ice than is required of me period.

Hey Seymour! If you love DirecTV so much why don't you work for

them? They would love to have someone like you as an employee!

Say what you will, but these people are NOT ***. There are

thousands of angry DirecTV customers and you are defending a

company that has not been fair to them. You would be the model

employee for DirecTV!!

What do you work for that company? You don't sound very polite. You name call and then even bring politics into it? What does that have to do with anything?

You don't have to be a liberal democrat to want businesses to act ethically. I believe liberals, conservatives, republicans, democrats, independents, green party, whatever, all want the businesses they are dealing with to be honest.

DirecTV is not honest in their business practices. There are tons of examples of that on the internet like the OP said. Here's a stat for you: For every complaint that is aired, their are 10 that are kept silent. Do the math on that one and the answer is DirecTV has horrible customer service and bad business practices.

But your paper thin disquise as an objective objector is about as honest as DirecTV itself. Go find another job besides shilling for that awful company.

Seymour..You don't have a clue. Where do you get your info about Direct and how they operate?

You can't possibly be or have ever been a customer of DirectTV.

Poplayer71..

Keep up the good work.DirectTV has done too many customers dirty for far too long.I agree they need to be stopped and put back into the gutter where they belong! Common sense tells me that all the people that took the time and trouble to complain about DirectTV has done so in order to keep someone else from going through the same nightmare as they did.

Earl David Evans,

You really are clueless and paranoid. DIRECTV was the highest bidder and continues to be for the rights to NFL Sunday Ticket.If you'll recall NBC for the longest time did not carry any NFL games. They did not want to pay the NFL the fees to carry any games so the NFL took their product to networks that would. Now, NBC is back in the game. Do you think they didn't pay for the rights to broadcast games again?

It is the NFL's right to sell the rights to whomever they want and if they want it to be exclusive they can do that as well. If cable companies, and the other satellite provider wanted to pony up then they would have the NFL Sunday Ticket and not DIRECTV. Good luck on your frivolous legal action. I hope it bankrupts you and you commit suicide. :x

You people are pathetic, paranoid and are probably liberal Democrats that think everyone should get everything for nothing as well. For anyone that thinks that all businesses are out to get you I would encourage you to get professional help immediately before you kill again. While occasionally one of you may have been victim of an error or perhaps even an intentional act of deception for the most part most of you are simply clueless or qualify as perpetrators of fraud yourselves.

A company the size of DIRECTV has a legal department the size of a small Midwestern town that advises them on every policy and practice that they employ. Now I'm not saying that there are no instances of an individual that works for DIRECTV misleading a customer, intentionally or unintentionally. But as a corporate entity DIRECTV has everything to lose by setting policy and engaging in practices that are detrimental to its bottom line. The only way to avoid attrition is keep the customers you have happy so they will tell others.

DIRECTV has about 18 million customers and they continue to grow. Apparently most of those 18 million are pretty well satisfied because DIRECTV has been ranked #1 in customer satisfaction for 9 years running. If they were p-i-s-s-i-n-g (Funny isn't it, that a website that is called Pissed Consumer won't let the word *** be used in posts. Pretty hypocritical.)off even 1% of their customers there would be about 180,000 people or so that should be posting on this site yet there is only a handful. Now of the 18 million or so people who are DIRECTV customers they are either 18 million of the stupidest people on the face of the Earth or the less than 1% who claim to have been duped are. Which is it? My money is on the 180,000 or less.

DIRECTV agents are trained for 2 weeks before they take a single call. Then they go through another 2 weeks of On-The-Job training under the watchful eye of trainers. And once they are allowed to take calls without extremely close supervision they are subject to frequent monitoring to ensure that they deliver a quality consumer experience. Every call an agent takes is recorded and archived. They are required to quote accurate pricing based on what they are told by the prospective customer. If the customer attempts or does provide inaccurate information in an attempt to get service or discounts they are not entitled to how does the DIRECTV or one of its agents have responsibility for inaccurate pricing or information that could result. Agents are required to inform all customers that they are leasing, not buying equipment and upon termination of services the equipment must be returned to DIRECTV or the credit or debit card that they provided when they became a DIRECTV customer would be charged for the cost of the equipment. Customers are told to review their 1st bill and the Customer Agreement that is included carefully and to keep both for their records. New customers are told the length of their agreement and if they break that agreement due to early cancellation then they are subject to early cancellation fees. Currently this is $20 per month left in the agreement term. It will be charged to the credit or debit card they provided when they set up service.

You see, when someone calls to sign up for DIRECTV some do not listen closely to what they are being told. It is my assessment that those who claim to have wronged are probably among those who wanted to rush through the sign-up process, argued with the agent about the length of the agreement, felt the cancellation fees were unfair or just ignored any information that the agent provided that didn't line up with their own personal perception of what they did or didn't have to do to hold up their end of the bargain. They think that to provide TV service as content rich as what DIRECTV provides is free, that DIRECTV gets 100% profit from every dollar the take in. Get a clue. Every business that exists today makes an investment and has an expense before any profit is made. DIRECTV is no different. Typically it takes DIRECTV at least 18 months to break even on a new customer. Let me repeat that for the really thick-headed among you. It typically takes 18 months for DIRECTV to break even on the installation and set-up of a new customer. No business exists to just break even and no business continues to exist if they don't make a profit. Since its establishment DIRECTV has continually improved its service, content and technology. No business in the television service provider industry has a record as good as DIRECTV.

Some people complain that satellite TV use to be free. Really? If I recall a satellite system with a dish the size of Rhode Island ran about $8000 or more. That is about 6 years of DIRECTV service with the Premier package that contains over 285 channels of the most popular programming content available. No other TV service provider has anything even close. Of course, one does not have to have a TV service provider. For those of you who think TV should be free as your God given right, you can put up an antenna and get reception of local channels if you can get a strong enough signal. But shut your pie hole and don't complain when there is nothing to watch on TV or there is 30 minutes of program content and 30 minutes of advertising to pay for “free” TV. Or maybe you can watch programming content provided on the Internet that is free. But my friends, that is not free either. You either at least have to have Internet service which is not free, you are a mooch who only gets WI-fi from places like Starbucks or McDonald's (God love ya) or you are stealing service from someone. Who is the unethical one now?

Are you familiar with the Pareto Principle? I doubt it. Simply put 80% of effects are derived by 20% of causes. It is also referred to as the 80-20 Rule. How does it have relevance to this monologue? 80% of the problems/complaints are generated by 20% of the customers a company has. These disgruntled people also increase the expense of doing business and guess who gets to cover the bill? The 80 percent who are relatively satisfied. Do me/us a favor, go kill yourselves now, before you cost me/us another penny. I/we will be eternally grateful.

View more comments (7)

Directv in Memphis, Tennessee - Acheated a senior citizen

My mother ordered direct tv. The personnel that came and installed it didn't totally not show her how to use the remote correctly. She could not get the remote to work so she called the installer back. He said he would return to her house to show her how to use the remote which he didn't show back up nor would he return her messages. She had my brother take it out and return the 3 boxes she got the very next day. She was charged around 400.00. Direct tv will not give her her money back. Shame on you! Explain yourself.
#119943

Shame on you direct tv ! Shame on every last one of you for not showing us how to use the remote !

#119710

I received a call from my bank saying I was $857 overdrawn. Direct TV took out $900 for early cancellation and equipment fee because I was 2 months late.

My monthly bills were more than I was told and I didn't like the system. The people on the phone were rude and couldn't care less that I didn't have money for rent or medicine. I live alone and am homebound.

How can my bank collect a debt I have with Direct TV? I only had $50 in my account and they honored the debt?

#119678

Call your Attorney Generals Office and file a complaint.

View more comments (2)

Directv in Houston, Texas - Direct TV Service Charge Scam

Direct TV is using a service plan scam. Their equipment is faulty and now they want customers to buy a service plan to send out a service technician. If you do not want to fall in this trap, do not sign up with Direct TV. They are a bunch crooks. I can not wait for my contract to end in May. I would leave now but they will charge an outrageous amount to get out early. I can not get the prime channels like CNN, Oxgen, We, Lifetime, USA, BET, or other channels with movies but I can get other channels and they claim something is wrong with the satellite and will have to send a technician. I will have to pay since they never told me I needed a service package when I signed a two yr contract with them. However, no one ever mentioned this to me before. I find it funny that I can get other channels. This is just a scam to get people to sign up to pay their sorry equipment.

Directv scam

Took the Verizon internet, phone and directv package at $99.99, and paid promptly and in full. However, there were only about 13 channels in English that weren't home shopping bilge. The 2nd month the bill was some $250--paid the correct amount and got no explanation from either verizon or directv customer non-service. The 3rd month my bill was some $450. I paid the correct amount in full, which was debited to my account and quit, that is, they couldn't pull any cancellation contract on me because they had billed me the $450 before I quit and mailed their boxes back. Neither the inmates who answer the phone at Ver Dtv had any explanation except gosh, gee, that's what my screen says so that's what you 'owe.' And when I asked both to separate the charges as to what was owed Ver and what Directv, the woman said I had to pay the entire $444 to Verizon! So, this is a complete scam, there are few channels worth watching anyway, I sent back their equipment--and have been flooded with collection calls, debt collection letters, credit threats, and directv's final response==we have received your dispute letter to our collection and our reply is you owe $450--pay up. My public answer--NO!
#119302

Verizon lies. I also did bundle and cancelled due to bad service they said I owe them 450, to direct tv but verizon said I have 30 days to cancel in pa and not be charged you seem to be put in a bundle pack I told them it would be a cold day in you know where.

If I go to small claims by them I will charge them 1.00 a day for there dish still on my roof as advertisement. I wentb back to comcast.

Review

Directv in Kalamazoo, Michigan - Direct tv never hooked mt bedroom tv up now they will charge 49.00 to come and do it right thats bul

direct tv are a bunch of liars,they take your money and only hooked up my livingroom tv for me,i,ve had them ever since sept and they never hooked up my bedroom tv,they just cobbled it up and left with my check,now i,ve fought with them for months to come to finish setting up my bedroom tv,they want 49.00 to come back and do it.i,ve tryed to do it myself,but its to complicated,i,m not a cable person.they stink with there lies.i wanted to get rid of them but they said they would take 400 dollars out of my checking account,for the rest of my months that they say i have to stay with them,were not free in the united states,its like were communist in a free country.i,m a widow and only have social security disability i payed in.direct tv charges 42.00 a month for garbage stations,i might as well have an antanna hooked up i,d get more stations.i wish someone could put them out of business.they stink and there mean.i,ve turned then in to the bbb,i hope it helps.sighed patricia ellis,help
Review

Directv in Wake Forest, North Carolina - Do not go through what I did with direct!

I was thrilled to hear my friend tell me i would recieve a $100.00 credit to my account if i used her acct. number on the reffer a friend program.my first time getting cable on my on i need to save as much as possible.after the rep. explained to me my package it was time to pay up...then i heard the worst "we are un able to use your card" wow big dissapiontment.the next day after reviewing my c/c statement online i saw where they deducted my account twice!!!!!!twice!w.t.f.!!so ive now been on the phone going on 4hrs trying to get my matter resolved!so do you self a favor save time and money.DONT GET DISH!!!!!!

Directv in San Antonio, Texas - Illegally Took My Money

Direct TV customer service representatives are all a bunch of idiots, including their supervisors!They illegally took money out of my account and have been giving the run around for my refund. I cancelled with them within 24 hrs of having service installed. They did not give me what I had originally signed up for and in turn told me that there was nothing they could do about it.So I cancelled services. One week later I was looking at my bank statements and saw that they took $441.68 out of my account with out my permission. naturally I called and was told it would be back in my account within 24 hours. 72 hors later it still wasn't there so I called back. Then I was told I would be receiving my money and a phone call witin the next 3 days. Getting impatient I called 2 days later with no phone call or money and was told it would be in my account on the 26th. Well here we are and still no moneuy. Called again and was told 6-8 weeks. The frustrating thing was that they could not even put me in contact with anyone else to speed up the process. According to the supervisor she was the highest level I could speak with but she could give me some addresses. What was that going to do? After all they were PO Box's I can't exactly drive there and get my money back. Direct TV is a joke!! oh yeah and you don't have to know much to get a job there!

Directv in Dallas, Texas - Scam but got a refund

This is a scam (only one station for Texas and could not find any networks). I got a refund finally (after a month of trying)by filing a complaint with BBB online. You can look up Satellite Direct and choose the Kihei Hawaii location to file the complaint. Another option is, if you used a credit card, to file a complaint with your credit card company to dispute the charge. But I had success by filing with BBB online within one day of filing, so that is what I highly recommend that you do to get your money back. Good luck.

Lucky I got alert from my bank, DTV tried to charge my card after I had not paid bill due to husband lost his job, cannot afford, they did not allow me to return equip but I did. I owe less than 200.

and did send in pay last mo. If you don't pay, you cannot get customer service, they cut you off.