Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Directv in Dothan, Alabama - They promised me all local channels - I will not get NBC.

I moved from Edgewater, FL. to Dothan AL. I was promised I would get all local channels. My service was hooked up yesterday. I was told I would not get NBC because it comes out of Montgomery AL. That is not my problem. I was told I would have all channels. I want my NBC. I am not the only customer in the Dothan area that is pissed. Then the installer said it would be $3-$4 dollars more a month. That's not bad, but I want my NBC. Please fix this problem. Help with this problem please. Thanks

El Segundo, CA 90245

Direct TV "hides" this address but I found it! Bombard Ms. Filipiak with your complaints! Maybe, just maybe, they will realize JUST HOW BAD their service is and make changes. They hire and train people to be TOTALLY INCOMPETENT and then tie to you exorbitant contracts when they fail to provide the type of service that is expected.

If the industries won't police themselves, we, as consumers, have an obligation to. Also, contact your local Consumer Protection Agency (listed on County Gov't websites) with your complaints. These "monopolies" are ILLEGAL and the Consumer has to stand up for their rights.

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM BRO, AND I LIVE IN DOTHAN TOO!! THATS CRAZY.

ANYWAYS, I CALLED AND THEY SAID THEY HAD TO SEND A WAVIER TO NBC TO SEE IF I COULD GET THE NATIONAL CHANNELS. IM A HUDGE NOTRE DAME FAN AND THEY HAVE A CONTRACT WITH NBC FOR ALL THE HOME GAMES.

IM SUPER PISSED. HAVE YOU HAD ANY LUCK????

View more comments (1)

Directv in Columbia, South Carolina - Directtv Screwed Me out of $557.76

Directv advertised "order NFL package get they top package FREE For 5 months $59.99" I called got someone who couldn,t speak english telling them i wanted the deal . I wanted the HD package with a HD receiver and a pvr for second room. The install people came at noon Tues.-husband & wife- Both were dirty and smelly They didn,t bring the pvr only a cheap SD receiver leaving after 41/2 hours. 20 minutes after leaving the receiver said searching for signal. I called directv-again talking to someone who could,nt speack english- they sent another tech out on Thurs.- remember this is Tues. Tech show up on Thru. reinstalls dish,calls about my PVR receiver,Directv says it will cost me $250 being an UPGRAGE> I said no. the tech leaves after 3 hours reciever goes into downloading data mode and stays there over 4 hours. These reconditioned not new, receivers. I call direct back again asking to speak to someone who speaks english. They tell me a tech won,t be availabe until Sat or Sundy. I said NO I haven,t had tv for 3 days and to cancel my order. They tell me they will send a box for the receivers and remotes Now the good part. They charge me $74.54 for programming and $473.24 early termination TOTAL $557.76 for what NO SERVICE NO TV FOR 3 days. I call my bank to stop payment but since I signed up for auto payment they can,t. So I cancel my Debit card and requested a new one. Now Direct tv wants their money and if I don,t pay they will turn it over to a collection agent. I will NEVER pay DIRECTV. I will be getting a lawyer and going to sue their NO SPEAKING ENGLISH ***. DO NOT have anything to do with these lying crooks. They only want your money. THey have NO customer service,They have NO ENGLISH speaking agents. They are lairs and cheats. I LOVE MY DISH NETWORK!!! P.S. They advertise VERUS and the MLB package . NO VERUS and THE MLB are all BLACKED OUT. But you still have to pay!!!

Direct TV has replaced my receiver four times in the last 45 days!!! But, what they fail to tell you when they replace your receiver that you have entered into a new two year contract.

I have tried to cancel and they still auto deduct my account every month!

They are ripping the consumer off and getting away with it. What in the *** can we do???????

El Segundo, CA 90245

The box they send you has a tracking number and a return sticker. I had no trouble returning the box and the dish I had Dish Network take down and sold it for $50.00.

My bank said I could not stop payment on the Directv acct. I have to close out this acct. and start a new 1. I should have never signed a 2 year contract.

Make them send you a paper bill and pay yourself.Save all emails with them and record all phone calls. Ask for agent who can speak english,record they name and get their assigned number. If you call 20 times you will get 20 different people and most can,t speak english. File a report with the BBB,FTC,FCC, and the Att.

GEN in your state.

Don,t let these theives get away with taking your hard earned money. good luck

I have cancelled Direct TV. I called my credit card that they have on file and told them Not to accept Any charges from Direct TV under No circumstances.They assured me they will not and put a note on my account.

I also cancelled my bank account. Direct TV says they will send a box for the receivers and remotes to be returned.I am very skeptical of this and do not trust Direct TV.Did you have problems returning your equipment? and what about the thing on my roof?

Direct says they do not remove this and that it is now mine(I don't want It)did you have problems getting the receiver off your roof? I need some answwers fast Please Help!!!

I am having almost the same issue read my story "Ripped me off, Now I am stuck in Contract". I am fighting Direct TV through the BBB now I am towards the last steps of my argument. I suggest you do the same put these liars out of Business.

View more comments (4)
Review

Directv in Plano, Texas - Direct TV-screwed us out of 448.17dollars, Contract my ***!

My husband and I have had Direct TV service for probably 11 or 12 years. Never had any issues with them always had good service etc. In March of 2009, our Tivo went out, we called the Direct TV service center and were told they would send us out a new Tivo, we only had to pay the freight of about 22.00. No problem, we were happy with this. Now the kicker to this is, we also told the rep we had our house on the market to sell and didn't want any additional charges, no problem, just pay the freight. Paid the freight, paid our monthly bill, sold our house in June, cancelled service and got a whopping bill for 448.17! Needless to say, we were shocked, called the service center and were told that since we had "broken" our contract early, we would have to pay for the time remaining. We didn't even know we had a contract, never signed for anything! How the *** did that happen? The clincher is, we contacted them again, were told to write a letter stating our protests and we never heard a word from Direct TV. In the meantime, they have turned us over to a collection agency and we went ahead a paid the bill, didn't want any credit *** to stand out! What a state of shock, I will NEVER and I mean NEVER install Direct TV again nor will I ever recommend them to anyone! This is why I am writing this letter now. Not to even get a response is a shame, especially after our years of dedication the them! Shame, Shame, Shame!

Review

Directv in Seattle, Washington - They are not honest!

They were to be at my place on Sunday October 6th and No One showed up. This wouldnt have been that bad had they not shown up on Friday as they had been instructed the week prior. They dont care about us!!!!!!! Direct TV could be at level of service! I just was on the phone for one hour with the result being two weeks before anyone would be out to my house! The *** with them and their NFL package, they BLOW! The entire planet should know that they dont care! Dont buy from Direct TV!!! the phone company looks really good now.

Directv in Columbia, Missouri - Directtv cheated me

I signed on" with direct TV because they offered a package, that cost more money, but included VS. VS happens to offer several programs I really want and like to watch..Direct TV dropped VS, amd didn't even tell me, but still they want to charge the same, for lesser service. I found out from the local Directtv distributor (Boone Electric) that DTV did this solely as a cost-cutting measure for themselves. Also, many of my local College football and basketball games are broadcast by KZOU, but Directtv will not carry them. I have tried several times to get Directtv to respond-the will not. My local distributor tells me a phone call to Directtv is an exercise in futility, the won't even respond correctly to their distributor! My question, has Directtv broken their contract? Can I now sign on with another TV provider?

I signed on because they had a package for both cable and internet for a good price. The guy we talked to on the phone confirmed what services we were getting and what price we would be paying.

The guy came and hooked up the cable and left. I called back and asked why they didnt hook up the internet and they said that the internet didnt reach where we were, which was a lie because our neighbor had internet through them. So we ended up with just cable and were paying more than the price we agreed to for both. Eventually we called back again to cancel our service and the lady told us that we did have internet service where we were and said that we wouldnt have to pay the early cancelation fee.

Well we get our bill and they charged us the cancelation fee, my husband calls back and they say that the lady that helped us before wasnt supposed to waive that fee. If they think they are gonna get away with this they have another thing coming.

El Segundo, CA 90245

I , just 2 weeks ago was looking to change my service to Directv, I called and spoke to a representative about an offer and a package i saw online, it looked pretty good had everything i anted at a good price. Next day the intallation guy comes over and before he leaves we begin channel surfing discovering that some of "our" channels were missing.He called customer service for us and the lady said that we had a different package that the package that I was talking about was no longer available....So i let the guy go on about his way, and call back on my phone, i was on the line for 3-4 hours, finally i was just tired and decided to give it a rest for a few , I called back at 11 to cancel the service and guess what ????

they dont have any repz after 10pm. So i call back the next day and they told me that since i had left the service go on until midnight on the day of the installation...i had to pay $500+ for cancellation fees, so im on the phone for a few more hours.... and finally they say that they will cancel everything with no charges or fees or anything else...guess what???

my account has just been charged with $300+ and their CS is closed until tomorrow!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN PISSSEEEEDDDDDDDD

View more comments (2)

Directv in New York, New York - Warranty void but we'll charge you anyway

I had three additional receivers in my home. Direct Tv is big on the movement of receivers. Apparently if you disconnect the cable on the receiver, it voids the warranty and there is an additional $35.00 fee to properly connect it again, even though there is nothing wrong with the box. Oh and they continue to charge you the maintenance fee even though they just claimed the maintenance insurance was "voided". I alos called the comapny on September 16 in order to terminate my service on October 11. I asked that the additional receivers be taken off the account since I no longer had them conected and the rep told me thaey would come off the bill. I was also told I was all set up for the 11th. He also tried to sell me on staying for wherever I was moving. No way in ***. This is the worst TV service I ever had in my life. The lousiest help on the phone and ,...no way in ***. I had an issue today, the 4th of October and had to call to get my service restored. Not only aren't they giving me a one day refund/credit, but the receivers were on my bill dated 9/18/09. I call the rep and find out that the receivers were never disconnected. Turns out they can't deactivate them due to the disconnect order on the phone. The rep says that they may have put the disconnect order in before attempting to remove the receivers. I now have to contact a senior manager who will have no clue as to what to do and they will have stolen $15.00 from me. Do that to enough people and you have the Senior Manager's salary paid. What a bunch of scammers.

Directv in Washington, District Of Columbia - THEIVES

Cancelled my d tv early due to could not get tech for mth to service boxes cost me whopping 400dollars and if that wasnt enough didnt get boxes back in time another 400 for grand total of 800 dollars and to top it off they went into my debit card and wiped it clean almost 700 dollars instead of trying to set up some type of payment method.Now ive been with them for 7 years never been late or missed one payment and the AH done this rot in *** direct tv.I wouldlike to know if ths is even legal
slayer
#190314

I was told from a "customer service resolution specialist", that it would take their processing 6-10 weeks for my refund check to get to me by mail!! I said that that was absurd! He said that it didn't matter if it was a card refund or a paper check.

Who has gotten a refund back from DirecTV?

How long has it taken you to receive? How long have/ had you been waiting??

Is there anything You did or I can do, to speed up the return process??

I was told that writing or contacting the BBB would help.

Does anybody know if that is true?

down with DTV!!!!!

Directv in Portland, Oregon - Espn Classic gone

Now direct tv tells me espn has moved espn classic to s sports package and for 12.95 a month I can get.Why did we not get a message on our board that's what it is for.How does espn control your channels and packages. This might be my last year having Direct tv. Dang shoot at least when i switch to comcast I can watch versus and espn classic for about the same price.I have been a customer for a long time and I got a couple of friends to sign up to. What do u get when friends sign up $100.00 then $10.00 off each bill what a joke! I want the dam cash, 10.00 a month wow.Must be OBAMA running direct tv lol

Review

Directv in Chattanooga, Tennessee - Think twice before getting the Direct TV and AT & T bundle package

I called and got the AT & T and Direct TV bundle package in March of 2009. I am still calling every month trying to get my bill straightened out. They told me my bill would be around $120 a month for TV, internet and phone. They also told me I will get around $250 cash rebates which I have not received. I did have to go on their website and sign up for a rebate discount on my bill each month for $18 but that runs out in a year. I have only received a $50 rebate and now they are saying I am not eligible for any other ones. I have been paying twice as much almost every month and have to get on the phone and argue with them every month. It is such a hassle....once my contract is up I will cancel and will never do business with them again.

El Segundo, CA 90245

Sounds like the same problem I am currently having with Charter. Told me one price where I would save $40 witjh the

My next provider will be DISH network or someone else.

View more comments (1)

Directv in Portland, Oregon - Versus

That whole thing about Comcast and and direct tv having to pay more versus is bull butter. Its bad enough when you live in Vancouver wa and you can't even watch a Blazer game. Why beacause comcast owns that channel. Dang shoot we can't even watch hockey now.Pay the dam fee, because after this season or before next season people are going to leave and go to comcast.Plus raising are bill $5.00 every one or two years it happens again I'm gone.I love it when you are with a company for over five years and they go hey lets up there bill this year.