Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Directv in Dallas, Texas - LACK OF SERVICE,UNAUTHORIZED TO WITH DRAW REMAINING CONTRACT BALANCE FROM MY HUSBANDS BANK ACCOUNT.

Direct TV is a joke. Every time the weather changes I lose service. I was unable to get our local TV channels so they sold me an antenna so I would be able to pick them up. It's was worthless they charged me 50.00, and when I called to report it not working I was told it's not their problem. They charge 49.00 to have someone to come to your house for tec problems.They have a hidden 2yr contract. I'm changing to CABLE ONE now they want to charge me almost 500.00 to change service. FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT..

CHANGE YOUR BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER NOW!!!!!!!

THEY DID CHARGE MY BANK ACCOUNT 500.00 AND THE BANK SAID THAT THEY COULD DO NOTHING. OUR ATTORNEY GENERAL IS LOOKING INTO IT. BUT I COULD NOT UNDERSTAND HOW I GOT ANOTHER CONTRACT AFTER 6 YEARS OF SERVICE

:cry stop cryin

Review

Directv in Roseville, California - Transfering service to a new address within the same state extends your contract. info not disclose

I had to change address 6 months into my contract. I as told Could have 1 move without penalty.Checking on my contract expiration, my contract was extended Now I have to keep their service for an additiional 6 months unless I pay an early termination fee. This contract extension with relocation was never disclosed to me. in fact my 2 year contract end date was confirmed by an agent and he said that my termination date would be the same. Now I have had to downgrade my service to family package to be able to afford now that the discounts they originally gave me expired. What a scam. Who do I complain to? They won't do a thing about it after discussing it with them. I never signed a new contract, Iwas never informed of the change and I am still using the original receivers that I recieved 2 years ago.
Loss

Directv and the bill, contract

Here it is I am mad that the directv customers. At least the ones that complain for *** reasons like "My bill isnt what I thought it would be" Or "No one told me I would have a commitment" BLA BLA BLA. First of all on the bill, and if you are a new customer, all discounts are promised with a REBATE. Lets say that together, rebate. We are all consumers, and most of us have been consumers for years. So logic tells us that rebate means there is something that the consumer needs to do by being proactive to get the rebate. If the consumers fails to be proactive in getting the discounts that they want how does the blame get place on the company. It shouldn't be, that is just ignorance really. Now when it comes to contracts, aparently you have a computer or access to one or you would not be reading this. If this issue was so important that you are now complaining, why did you fail to do your research and look at the companies terms and conditions before ordering the services, or even before they were installed, I am sure they did not install the day you ordered. Here it is go to directv.com and look at the bottom of the page, the terms and conditions, agreements and even the rebates are explained to you right there. Here is an ideal concept, if you are a new customer, or a customer at all with directv, why not read everything that directv sends you. New customers, you are sent tons of things letting you know about you commitment they even give you a customer agreement. Furthermore directv often sends things like a new customer agreements, order confirmatioins that can include some information about your commitment, future price changes and hey even discounts that you may be entitled to READ THE STUFF THAT COMPANIES SEND YOU Here are just some examples of people just not using the brains they were given. The only person to blame for you not being an informed consumer is you, not anyone else. Espeacially today you have the world at your finger tips and all the information you need is a click away. Lets face it, that people that you talk to are people, we aren't perfect, we make mistakes, and we can miss information when explaining everything to you. Last of all if you are old and you are used to a service such a cable, dont change to another company for the new customer rates, because surprize, surprize, those are going to change and the prices will go up. Regardless if you are on a "fixed income" you are not going to get another discount, at least not until you prove yourself as a valued customer. That means 3+ Years with a company, not hey I met my commitmemt that means I am valued right, no that is just the what was expected of you, it does not make you valued. It amazes me how *** people really are sometimes. And now let me guess it didnt go the way you wanted and you call and yell at someone whos fault its not, yeah you are a real big person. They tell you pretty much everything I just said, but nicer. And you get even more mad because you realize you all by yourself made a decision without being an informed consumer and you start yelling at them more, now if they could help you they probably wont. You get more made and ask for a supervisor at Directv, big mistake the person you were just talking to is the person who could have helped you the most but now because you asked for a supervisor you will be on hold, until they can come to the phone, and they will tell you the same thing, but the other rep may have offered you something, thats gone now, how sad for you. Because what you dont know is that rep had more access to help you then a supervisor. When you ask for a supervisor you just get a chance to vent. Stop treating the call center reps like idiots. AGAIN whos fault is it that you did not make sure you were well informed as a consumer. I am a fast food worker and a consumer and I know these things. I know I can afford directv or even cable, so guess what I DONT HAVE IT. Still in all it makes me mad to see people who think that they are educated complain when it is evident that you yourself as consumer did not educate y

Yeah, you are so smart, you can't spell, and you work in a fast food chain - Mom must be proud

You can't spell!

Directv in Germantown, Maryland - Directtv are liers and cheaters

I recently change to direct TV and have been lied to since day one. My bill is higher I do not receive channels I was told that I would have. I have called and complained so many times it isn't funny, all I get is sorry miss. I think we should be able to cancel within a month is we are not happy instead of having to complete our contract.Other businesses offer this why can't these satellite companies be required to do the same. This is unfair practice and hurts us consumers. Think twice about changing provider.

Direct Tv lied to me, also. I will never use them, again.

I cannot recommend them. I am enjoying DISH, and their great cuatomer service, instead.

Sue - You are an ***. I did my research, very thoroughly, however, Direct TV LIES!!

I do not have the channels they said I would, I did not receive the introductory channels I was supposed to. I took very complete notes when I called Direct TV, so I know I did not misunderstand. As far as it costing them a lot of money to hook me up, all the equipment was already in the house when I bought it. All the rooms were already wired except for one, which they charged me $105 to wire.

So much for free install. I have had losuy reception, and worse customer service. Now, I am stuck with a $375 cancellation fee if I want out of my contract. When I agreed to the contract, I thought they would actually provide what they said they would.

There is a breach of contract issue on their end, and there is no one to speak with that says anything other than "I'm sorry you feel that way." I am know going the route of putting all my issues in writing to their corporate office, along with copies being sent to the BBB, and any consumer group I can dig up to help me. In the meantime - all I have to say is do not contract with Direct TV.

I have yet to understand why consumers who dont do the research find the need to complain. If you did the research on the packages you would know the channels they include and the discount "with the rebates that you must be proactive and send in" really are.

As well all companies will have the contracts or terms of service posted on the web pages. So if you really want to protect yourself and your penny do your research, you were tought how to research in highschool, I am sure you can handle it.

How, if you dont educate yourself on all that you are getting into, is a company lieing to you. FURTHERMORE If you are getting a satalite company they are paying a lot of money to make you a customer and do not get a return on the investment at all until about 24 months later, thus the reason they have the contracts, all sales are final after install in most states

View more comments (2)

Directv in Chicago, Illinois - Only new customers are of value

Our old tv is going bad so we decided to get a new HD Tv. We wanted to switch our regular service to get HD service. Direct Tv is offering a free HD DVR when signing a new contract. Here's the catch: If you are a current customer this offer isn't available to you. It is going to cost me $199 to get what new customers can have for free. It isn't enough that Direct Tv charges $10 a month for a service that cable gives away for no extra charge, they want you to buy the equipment to have the ability to get the service. I called customer service and explained my case to three different people ( I kept asking for each person's supervisor). Direct tv was not willing to give me the same deal as new customers, apparently once they have you as a customer you are not longer important. I asked to get out of my contract and they stated there would be a large termination fee. I hope this helps someone who is deciding whether or not to go with Direct TV.

here it si, all new customers get a deal when the sign up for directv IF YOU CHOSE to upgrade that is your choice. Customers with directv that pay $80+ a month ON TIME AND NEVER NEVER LATE and have been with the company for MORE THEN THREE YEARS are valued customers that tend to be up for discounted equipment or programing or even both.

WHy should companies reward you for being a discount jumper "I jump from company to company to get discounts bla bla bla" what ever you must have not have been with them for very long OR your a crapy customer who cant pay your bill on time OR you are just cheap and have a small package. Lets face it directv does have the BEST HD (much more clear and vivid then cable) and the MOST HD on the market.

Its just like everything else in this world YOU GET WHAT YOU FREAKING PAY FOR. So stop being petty I paid for five of the hd dvrs, because new customers only get one discounted advanced products, and let me tell you that it was WELL WORTH IT!!!!!!

Directv in Sacramento, California - Bait and Switch

Have Directv for a year. When I signed up for this service with DirectStarTV which is a rep. for Directv I was quoted a price with a $10.00 per month rebate. Now that my year is up they are billing me double. Their records indicate I was getting a $20.00 rebate. DirectStarTV is no longer a rep. for Directv and they will not stand behind the program the now non-existent rep sold me. I called customer service and received a person in the Philippines; poor connection, poor English. Finally reached someone in the US.. Customer service doesn't exist in this company. False advertising and bait and switch are alive and well. Their BBB rating is C-....I give them an ***
dlrtuning
#811935

*** directstartv

lucky85

Don't mind the people who call you names. I have directv and they didn't screw me over.

Yet I wouldn't be quick to judge because I don't know how they handled you and it could have been a complete rip from your point-of-view.

The fact is different people have different experiences and they don't all have happy endings. Do make note that you should be up in arms about Directstartv and not Directv even though they should honor what their Indi-contractors say escpecially if they already know it's an issue.

I , online, ordered a pkg which stated that for $34.99 I would get 1. free professional installation 2.

4-rooms installation 3. free dvr. They also had the same price for all of the above but without the free dvr (regular box). The one they put me in for was without the free dvr, of course.

When I complained the installer was done with the setup and was told to stop the install. He was livid to say the least. He happened to have a dvr on his truck. so they said I could get it for for $99.

Mind you I was supposed to get it for free. I was on the phone for 3 hours with about 5 different people.

Luckily they were all Americans. Now I pay a monthly fee for the FREE DVR!

OH MY GOD!!! How pathetic you must be, I mean really, Directv shows you ON YOUR BILL the package you are in and then on the bottom half of your bill the discount you were getting.

SO what you are saying is that your a *** that does not look at your bill and then looks for someone else to blame for you being neglegent. SECOND OF ALL directv must have known that this Directstartv was not giving correct information so Directv dropped them.

WHAT THE *** MORE DO YOU EXPECT!!! So do your job as a consumer and keep yourself informed and stop bashing Good companies when you fail to do so :cry :cry :cry :cry

View more comments (4)

Directv in Lake Charles, Louisiana - Direct tv is the worst company ever

I cannot begin to tell you how much this company has lied cheated and stole from me. They took 450 dollars out of my bank account without telling me. i am not sure if that is theft but i am going to find out and file criminal charges against them. i reported them to the FTC and they said if enough people complained then they could start some action. i am going to write back with that number and call and complain. this company has to be stopped. they stole $450 from me and i am calling them 450 times to complain and i would like for everyone else to do the same.

Well the representatives are the ones who are uneducated. they told me that i could cancel with no fee i even ask them twice and they said there would be no fee.

You can call them 5 times and you will get 5 different answers.

thank you for the information on them charging me each time i call i am not surprised. i am going to cancel the card i gave them and then they will have no way to charge me.

wow its sounds as if you are really petty there, you must have had an early cancelation fee or something, thus being part of the customer agreement that you agreed to by having the service, in order to have directv services you have to have a credit card for the reason that if you are to cancel the services the remaing balance and any early cancelation fees will be charged to your card. OR you must have had a high bill and you had the credit card to be charged monthly. By the "I am going to call 450 times" They can start charging you for calling $5 everytime, dont abuse representitives when its not their fault you did not educate yourself.

Directv in Bowling Green, Ohio - Direct TV - Worst ripoff ever

Direct TV sucks!!! All they do is lie to and cheat the customer. We have only had them since 11/08, and it is the worst mistake ever. Our DVR receiver won't work because of a download we received on 12/23/08. Called and they sent a tech. out with a new DVR receiver, and it worked perfectly until we received the first download. Immediately it started doing the exact same thing as the old one. We can't use the DVR, and everytime we change the channel, we have to turn the receiver off and then back on. For 4 months they have been saying that their "engineers" are aware of the issue and working on it, but nothing has changed. I'm telling you, they must have the more incompetent people on the planet working for them as engineers if it takes them 4 months and counting to fix a problem they created. They also said that we have been receiving double rebates for the last 4 months which is not indicated on my bills. I am filing a complaint with the State Attorney General's office and the Better Business Bureau. If you have experienced any problems with Direct TV, please join me. If they get enough complaints, maybe they will do something.

it makes no sense why you have to pay $299 for a dvr receiver to lease it for $10 a month and you mean to tell me I don't even get to keep it. Now check this out; my receiver breaks down direct tv replaces it and then tells me I have to start my 24 month contract over with them. THIS IS A BUNCH OF BBBBUUUUULLLLL!!!!

yeah like how they charge you 200 bucks for receivers that you pay a monthly lease on

View more comments (2)

Directv in Monroe, Michigan - Direct TV Bad Buisness Practice

I too have been scammed by direct TV. They fail to mention that each and every receiver has a hidden charge A regular receiver costs $360.00 before 18 months and a HD receiver costs $480.00 before 24 months. I have two HD and one regular. A grand total of 1,320.00 to disconnect before my time is up. I have a year to go. My bill is 100.57 a month and even a year more of paying them won't bring me up to there disconnect fee. I never signed a paper saying I would pay for early termination. I had my son come over for the install. After signing the work order they handed him another paper and he signed that too. They never tell you to read it or that it is a Equipment Lease Addendum. Please everyone remember this piece of paper--you are signing away your rights. Bad service bad business.But they don't care they will blackmail you by charging your credit or debit cards to keep you as a client. Also promises of rebates after two months of service never happen. I was promised a rebate. I said was. So anyone out there thinking of switching to Direct TV? Think again
Loss
Purchased Direct TV receivers from Best Buy for $300.00 a piece. Best Buy sold the equipment and it was understood that I owned it. When I stopped service with Direct TV, I was told to return my receivers or be charged. Direct TV ignored my receipt from Best Buy. ...
#1120594

I am trying to cancel as well. I am running into the same issue.

I outright purchased my receivers from Best Buy and now during cancellation, Direct TV wants it back. This is a complete scam.

View more comments