Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Directv in Des Moines, Iowa - Rude ,did not install correctly.missed appointments

Put in wrong receivers,called and made appt to correct this,they did not show up,tried again,still did not show up.cancelled contract,they wanted a install fee and a early cancellation fee for something that was not installed correctly from the begining.also i have never been treated so rudely by a service rep.after all the phone calls we found out we had been put in collecion for something that we did not owe.after two months of dealing with rude company reps we finally got our bil corrected. I will never have anything to do with Direct TV again.

Directv in Monterey, California - Horrific Direct TV Service

My parents and ourselves have had interrruption of service over 50 times and the problem is never resolved. No credit for interrrupted service, and we all know the routine to try to correct the problem, and it never does. This company should be sued and their license removed. Biggest consumer abuser. False advertisement of 99.9% happy and satisfied customers with Direct TV. What can be done to get credit for time interrupted on a daily basis? Who runs this Direct TV? I guess it's best to get rid of service than to stress over bad service and not keep them in business.

I feel your pain. A few months ago I went rounds with DirecTV for weeks.

A fairly large numbers of my channels (10-15 of them, depending on the day) just would not come in. This went on for months. I emailed them several times, and every time they gave me the usual *** about checking my cables and resetting my receiver. Then out of the blue, DirecTV CALLED ME to tell me that they had detected a problem with my service.

Even said they knew what the problem was (dish attitude). I called them back, only to be told that they had no record of calling me. After I proved they did, they brushed me off, and said I should wait for the rep who called me to call back. A week passed,and that call never came.

I contacted them again. They said they would be happy to fix the problem, but only if I paid them $50 to do it. I replied that since my dish had been "professionally installed", and fairly recently, it seemed to me the installation was botched, and I would not pay for them to get it right. They basically told me "We're only responsible for programming.

Equipment is your problem." They also flatly refused to give me any credit for the channels I can't receive. When my contract runs out, DTV is *** FIRED

Loss

Directvoverchargefor services and bad service

Directv is charged me more than the advised in the tv comercials everytime you call for customer service they change the people,and they never know who with we talked.Also as repairs they don't send the right people now they are trying to send me to collections because when we closed the service they send me two bills with no charge ,now they are charging me over $200.00 dollars this is a rip off if I don't pay them they will get the money from my credit card is it fair to do that .thanks ok

Directv in Clarksville, Tennessee - Direct tv fraud and customer service

I purchased direct tv in sept 08. They were so nice but did not ever say anything about a contract. I've been happy until now. My son moved in because of lay off and I requested another HD DVR Plus box. They informed me I would have to go back on another 24 months contract. Never knew I was even on a contract to start with. Also that I did not buy my box for $200 as we were told we did, but just rented it. Everyone I talked to told me something different also. The only paper I signed was to the private contractor that installed and he said that was how he got paid. FRAUD!! Also, that it would cost me $20 a month to get out of their service. First we heard of that. Always pay on time and are seniors. They treat customers like dirt. DON'T MESS WITH DIRECT TV

Direct Tv told me I was purchasing my receivers. Wrong!

Wait till you get your first bill with the lease fees? I also wanted rf remotes. Wrong! They send you the wrong ones and want to charge you to get the right remotes.

The installers were a joke! I told them I wanted to cancel. Now they want to charge my credit card $480.

Stay away from direct TV! They just don't care and their customer service is awful!

Review

Directv in Greensboro, North Carolina - Billing incorrect early cancellation fee rude reps

I began as a customer with Direct TV over 4 years ago and my inital contact was by phone. I could never understand their billing it seemed I never could get it paid up. I never saw or signed a contract and was never told that I would be hit with a early termintation fee. I added equipment 2 years after becoming a customer and was told it would cost me over 100.00 for it and I could make payments over a three month period which I did and once again was never told of a contract or related fees If I cancelled my service. I cancelled last July of 08 and only owed for one month of service and I am billed for 270.00 of which includes a termination fee and movies that I never watched in July due to moving and I cancelled the service. I am receiving letters from The CBe group and let me tell you the rudiest of rudes. Told me I would have to go on line and look at the contract I signed and too this day I have not found that. I will not pay this and I know it will go against my credit

Misrepresentation by DirecTV

After having DirecTV for 5 years, the receiver went bad and they sent us a new one, free of charge according to their Representative. We inserted the new card and all was well for another 9 months. Well, their rates began going up and we decided to cancel their service. Mind you, we'd had DirecTV nearly 6 years by now, but when cancelling the account, they stated we'd only had the account for a few months, not for the term of the 'contract!' Well, never have we signed a contract and we had them for clost to 6 years. They charged us for the 'free receiver', disconnection fee and for early termination. After much discussion, calls, we got it down to about $140.00. The phone calls started and it's harrasment now from several collection agiences. Have read similar complaints on line and seen Consumer complaints on TV. Someone needs to put a stop to DirecTV!!!
sxrxrnr

Agreed. The new background is extremely hard to read.

Often see this on websites where some *** thinks that blue and black and other such combinations are "cool". Form over function it would appear.

Wonder if these dopes know just how kindergarten mentality this gives as an impression of those firms that subscribe to this behavior. Directv: As a 15 year customer I suggest that your tech dopes come out and see what us chickens are eating out here.

The only thing I can say is I Hate the new black backgroung format. I am a 20 year customer and senior citizen.

It is very hard for me to see and read now. The blunt white on black is very bad!

View more comments (1)
Review

Directv in Highmore, South Dakota - Billing for something said to be purchased a year and a half ago

treating a "valued customer" with little respect, and then telling you if you were a new customer then you can get better service contracts or better deals on your programing, without getting fined over and over again. billing you for what they say you purchased over a year and ahalf ago!! all because when you up graded ,because they said you had too for better service and reciever was not hooked up to a land line phone, which a lot of people do not have any more. things just do not add up... all i can say is watch out for direct tv
realist

Here it is your pathetic! You or someone in your house ordered a pay per view using the remote.

How is it directvs fault that you dont have a phone line attacted to the receivers. That is exactally why, when you send the receivers back that the go through the information on the receiver and charge you for it. What did you think that you were going to get the pay per view for free, directv paid the company for it they are going to charge you for it, thats just the way it is.

If you really have been a customer for four years, and you have paid on time every month with no late fees and never had your services turned off, oh yeah and you have more than just the basic package, Meaning you have paid $70+ a month for about two or three years without free programming or discounts you may be elligable for a discount. Register your account online they will send you special offers to your email that you may be elligable for.

Directv in Marina, California - DIRECT TV FRAUD

ATT OFFERED ME CABLE PACKAGE I ASKED THE LADY FOR MY FAVORITE CHANNEL AND SHE SAID I WILL HAVE IT ,LATER SHE TRANSFERED ME WITH DIRECT TV AND THEY SAID I WOULD HAVE MY FAVORITE CHANNEL BUT I HAVEN'T AFTER THAT I CALLED THEM AND THEY SAID I NEEDED TO UPGRADE MY PACKAGE TO HAVE THE CHANNEL BUT I REFUSED BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO PAY MORE I TOLD THEM I WANT TO CANCEL AND THEY SAID I WOULDN'T PAY ANY FEE, BUT THE LADY TOLD ME THEY WANTED TO HELP ME SHE OFFERED ME TO UPGRADE MY PACKAGE AND THEY WOULD GIVE ME $23.00 REBATE FOR ONE YEAR NOT TRUE MY BILL IS HIGH I'M SO DEPRESSED BECAUSE WHEN I CALLED AGAIN THEY SAID I'M NOT QUALIFIED FOR THE REBATE I TRIED TO CANCEL BUT THEY SAID I HAVE TO PAY $480.00 PENALTY THEY FORCED ME TO STAY WITH THEIR SERVICE FOR TWO YEARS AND I DON'T HAVE MY FAVORITE CHANNEL AND NO REBATE ...BECAREFUL IF YOU ARE DEALING WITH THEM AFTER YOU SIGN UP THE CONTRACT THEY DO WHATEVER THEY WANT ...BEWARE ...PLEASE

I'm having similar problems. There's a difference between Direct TV and DIRECTV.

The second company runs the scams you were discussing.

So, how do we all get help? Where do we go to report this?

I have had directv for over ten years and never had a problem. Maybe it depends on what state you are in.

When i want to cancel my service for any given reason, they would always offer me three months of free Hbo, stars or whatever i wanted. Maybe you should check again.

We are having our nightmare with them as well. They quoted a price to my wife and she agreed.

They came and set it up and when we got our first bill a week later it was much higher than we agreed upon. So we told them to turn it off. They say they have no such offer as what we were quoted.

But to not continue they are going to hit us with the $400 something fee. These people are criminals plain and simple.

View more comments (2)

Directv in Marina, California - They lied

THEY PROMISED ME I WILL HAVE MY FAVORITE CHANNEL BUT I HAVEN'T THEY OFFER ME $23.00 DOLLAR REBATE FOR ONE YEAR NOT TRUE MY BILL IS HIGH I'M SO DEPRESSED BECAUSE WHEN I CALLED THEN TO ASK FOR THE REBATE THEY SAID I'M NOT QUALIFIED, I TRIED TO CANCEL BUT THEY WANT TO CHARGE ME $460.00 SO I HAVE TO WAIT 2 YEARS BE CAREFUL IF YOU ARE DEALING WITH THEM THEY NEVER SAY THE TRUE ONE DAY THEY OFFER GOOD PACKAGES BUT WHEN YOU SIGN THE CONTRACT THEY CHARGE WHATEVER THEY WANT....BEWARE....WITH DIRECT TV

Directv in Bloomington, Indiana - Defaulted their contract need to be sued

i was on a one year 29.99 package i have never received the same bill.one time it was 71.00 dollars 61.00 40.00 when i call i never get the same story of why my bill is not the same each mo.when i tell them i want to disconnect they say ok just pay 240.00 early disconnect fee. i ask to speak to the boss i wait on the phone for 35 to 60 min then get disconnected i have never been so misinformed in my whole life. it is causing me ill fellings of anger they need to be sued