Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Directv in Tucson, Arizona - Direct Tv

I do not have an account with direct tv, and they illegally withdrew 1300 dollars from my bank account.. how can they do this... all my money is gone and Bank of America is taking their sweet time doing nothing on my behalf ......... To my understanding stealing money was against the law, but i guess if you are a big company these rules do not apply.. what is a person to do? However i will spend every moment making sure action is taken to resolve this problem.. I am seriously pissed off... Consumer warning : If Direct Tv and steal from me, it can happen to anyone
#119990

The just hit me for 716.90 and now I am overdrawm almost a 1000.00. We used our debit card to pay my mothers bill 1 time amd the had the number on file.

So when she passed away her bill keep going up and the decided to take it out of our account. And yes according to our bank that is theft

My guess is they sued you over an old past due account and won. So they probably have a judgement against you and that is how they were able to levy your bank account. I would call them and find out what this account was.

View more comments (1)
Loss

Directv in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - DirectTV Misrepresented HD sevice package deal

Ordered HDTV 4 weeks ago, and was told they can't install til 6 weeks forward...HMMMM. Was told I am a valued customer and get free install and free upgrade for box! This week got bill for $524 and haven't even got hooked up yet. When I called, (not able to get live person for long time) the gal told me I still have to pay $100 for box upgrade but would be credited for the rest. I don't think so! Canceled my order and seriously considering other options for TV service. How did TV get so damned expensive anyway? Just curious.
DIRECTVGUY

Have you people even called directv and asked how you can get free HD? They will give it to you for 2yrs if you sign up for Auto-Bill pay.

I have been a customer and a installer and now a authorized dealer and have never heard of someone that has not been installed being billed, let alone a bill for 524 dollars. Probably had a past due bill on a previous account.......

They now offer free HD for life to new customers, but won't give same deal to existing customers. They don't give a *** since they got them current customers by the balls with the early termination penalty.

You people are pathetic, paranoid and are probably liberal Democrats that think everyone should get everything for nothing as well. For anyone that thinks that all businesses are out to get you I would encourage you to get professional help immediately before you kill again. While occasionally one of you may have been victim of an error or perhaps even an intentional act of deception for the most part most of you are simply clueless or qualify as perpetrators of fraud yourselves.

A company the size of DIRECTV has a legal department the size of a small Midwestern town that advises them on every policy and practice that they employ. Now I'm not saying that there are no instances of an individual that works for DIRECTV misleading a customer, intentionally or unintentionally. But as a corporate entity DIRECTV has everything to lose by setting policy and engaging in practices that are detrimental to its bottom line. The only way to avoid attrition is keep the customers you have happy so they will tell others.

DIRECTV has about 18 million customers and they continue to grow. Apparently most of those 18 million are pretty well satisfied because DIRECTV has been ranked #1 in customer satisfaction for 9 years running. If they were p-i-s-s-i-n-g (Funny isn't it, that a website that is called Pissed Consumer won't let the word *** be used in posts. Pretty hypocritical.) off even 1% of their customers there would be about 180,000 people or so that should be posting on this site yet there is only a handful. Now of the 18 million or so people who are DIRECTV customers they are either 18 million of the stupidest people on the face of the Earth or the less than 1% who claim to have been duped are. Which is it? My money is on the 180,000 or less.

DIRECTV agents are trained for 2 weeks before they take a single call. Then they go through another 2 weeks of On-The-Job training under the watchful eye of trainers. And once they are allowed to take calls without extremely close supervision they are subject to frequent monitoring to ensure that they deliver a quality consumer experience. Every call an agent takes is recorded and archived. They are required to quote accurate pricing based on what they are told by the prospective customer. If the customer attempts or does provide inaccurate information in an attempt to get service or discounts they are not entitled to how does the DIRECTV or one of its agents have responsibility for inaccurate pricing or information that could result. Agents are required to inform all customers that they are leasing, not buying equipment and upon termination of services the equipment must be returned to DIRECTV or the credit or debit card that they provided when they became a DIRECTV customer would be charged for the cost of the equipment. Customers are told to review their 1st bill and the Customer Agreement that is included carefully and to keep both for their records. New customers are told the length of their agreement and if they break that agreement due to early cancellation then they are subject to early cancellation fees. Currently this is $20 per month left in the agreement term. It will be charged to the credit or debit card they provided when they set up service.

You see, when someone calls to sign up for DIRECTV some do not listen closely to what they are being told. It is my assessment that those who claim to have wronged are probably among those who wanted to rush through the sign-up process, argued with the agent about the length of the agreement, felt the cancellation fees were unfair or just ignored any information that the agent provided that didn't line up with their own personal perception of what they did or didn't have to do to hold up their end of the bargain. They think that to provide TV service as content rich as what DIRECTV provides is free, that DIRECTV gets 100% profit from every dollar they take in. Get a clue. Every business that exists today makes an investment and has an expense before any profit is made. DIRECTV is no different. Typically it takes DIRECTV at least 18 months to break even on a new customer. Let me repeat that for the really thick-headed among you. It typically takes 18 months for DIRECTV to break even on the installation and set-up of a new customer. No business exists to just break even and no business continues to exist if they don't make a profit. Since its establishment DIRECTV has continually improved its service, content and technology. No business in the television service provider industry has a record as good as DIRECTV.

Some people complain that satellite TV use to be free. Really? If I recall a satellite system with a dish the size of Rhode Island ran about $8000 or more. That is about 6 years of DIRECTV service with the Premier package that contains over 285 channels of the most popular programming content available. No other TV service provider has anything even close. Of course, one does not have to have a TV service provider. For those of you who think TV should be free as your God given right, you can put up an antenna and get reception of local channels if you can get a strong enough signal. But shut your pie hole and don't complain when there is nothing to watch on TV or there is 30 minutes of program content and 30 minutes of advertising to pay for “free” TV. Or maybe you can watch programming content provided on the Internet that is free. But my friends, that is not free either. You either at least have to have Internet service which is not free, you are a mooch who only gets WI-fi from places like Starbucks or McDonald's (God love ya) or you are stealing service from someone. Who is the unethical one now?

Are you familiar with the Pareto Principle? I doubt it. Simply put 80% of effects are derived by 20% of causes. It is also referred to as the 80-20 Rule. How does it have relevance to this monologue? 80% of the problems/complaints are generated by 20% of the customers a company has. These disgruntled people also increase the expense of doing business and guess who gets to cover the bill? The 80 percent who are relatively satisfied. Do me/us a favor, go kill yourselves now, before you cost me/us another penny. I/we will be eternally grateful.

View more comments (2)

Directv in Little Rock, Arkansas - Rude Customer Service

I actually called to help a help member order new service today and I asked about the $50.00 referral bonus. The clerk tells me that I will have to call a differnt number to get that. When I call the customer service person says" sorry , it has to be done before you order the service". I say "well if your reps don't know the rules how can you expect your customer to?" She puts me on hold and then the call gets sent back through the system of buttons recordings etc... The next rep I get "Penny" says the same thing and I respond the same way then she says" We are only human, we make mistakes, I am sure that you have made a few mistakes in your lifetime" WTF!!!! So we cancelled the new service and I am cancelling my existing service. Sad that customer service has gotten so bad!

It's as if these customer service reps are robots! They are so rude and at times...really ***! How can they get away with this?

Yep, I've experienced this first hand as well. Don't be surprised when they charge you a huge fee to disconnect early.

View more comments (1)

Directv in Broken Bow, Oklahoma - Changed Billing Procedure to increase billing

Direct TV randomly increased my fees when I upgraded to DVR. The fees that were part of my package for more than 2 years all of the sudden became an extra charge for Leased Equipment. The called in a manditory mirroring fee. Although I have not be charged this "manditory mirroring fee" for the last 2 plus years all the sudden they feel like they can make this additional charge to my account each month. I called got transfered to multiple departments on 1-19-09 and 2-16-09. They are unwilling to acknowlege their problems but negociated a 2 year agreement that is non-refundable. I am feeling trapped for two years. Had I know about the additional fees I would have gone with their competitor when I upgraded. I think they are miss treating consumers and should be punished.
Loss

Directv in Phoenix, Arizona - Direct tv customer complain obout not being tod propertly

Im very upset because we were miss inform obout the direct tv service also about how this not very experience man can work with you company like the thec. that was send to my home on 12/15-08 after I order the service on 12/11/08 and spoke with David out of Utha office acording to hem. because of everything that we went thru including the fact that you thec. broke one of our water pipes when he first came to set up the service and spent 9hours in our home the fact of the matter was everything went wrong rigt from start to finish luck of communication missinform obout the terms and conditions canselation fees if we for any reason happen to cancel the wrong priceing the promise of getting 75.00 dls. refund wich it did not happend now on top of everything that we are goig thru with my Fathes deadh I have to pay cancelation fee for somenthing that noeno made us aware of.Ihope that in the future you take better care of you customers and inform them in details about terms and conditinos . sincerly Consuelo Stafford.

Is it okay for dirct tv to open account using my ss # and my daughter name... then take money from my bank account???? is this not aginst the law?????

DirecTV stole my money!

over a month ago directv was having technical difficulties with it's website and accidentally charge my bank account four times for the same bill. With all the bells and whistles we have, they charged me over $800! That was January 2nd. I call day after day and since they oursource their customer service to the phillipines, nobody knows what I'm talking about. Yesterday I threatened legal action and was actually transferred to an American, who was the rudest most unbelievably useless, arrogant person ever. After all i've gone through I don't deserve to be treated like this!

My advice is to never be on autopay for these crooks. When they make a mistake and pull money out of your account they won't give it back. They stole $400 from my checking account without permission and won't give it back.

After not paying there bill in a timely manner, Direct TV withdrew 400.00 + dollars from my bank account w/o autherization. After contacting them to rectify they promised the money would be put back on three different occasions but still waiting.

They're excuse was an accounting error on there side which has now extended it another 10 days which I have heard 2X before. I was told by 1 rep to hold after 30 mins I got hung up on.

After calling back was told by another the credit was forwarded to my bank. The next call after noticing it was not, I was told another ten days!!!

To Seemore

You have got to be working in the PR dept for Directv....if not, go get that job...I did note your addressing Directv as an entity, and not the bundled situation that many folks seem to be bungled up in today...I take it at face value that what you say is true...the company is just trying their best man, to help out the customer and meet the bottom line...but when you have Three different people tell you( the sales rep, the install tech and a service person from the company) that you have thirty days to check out the service and decide whether or not it is going to work...and then you have had your equipment changed out three times and still not work, and have also had your bill double from what you thought you agreed to...along with the absolutely pass the buck from one company back to the other customer service...with no resolution, except that they have you locked,(maybe?) into their contract, and will get, their money somehow most of the time, because many folks will not fight it...that answers your attrition equation...It seems to me, this consumer, that they really don't give a ***...the fix is in... unless you have a contract law degree and know exactly the right questions to ask and can decipher the small print...I have learned my lesson tho...never ever, expect integrity when working on a contracted business deal with any entity...no one takes responsibility for their actions or their word....if what you say is true about the checks and balances at Directv, I should have, out of good customer service, received a call from a supervisor who could actually help me resolve my issues, and give me the benefit of the doubt as the customer...but instead I get a note saying thankyou for agreeing to pay more money for our service....it really is laughable...But trust me, one way or the other I will figure out a way for these companies Qwest and Directv to have to justify the time wasted by me and my wife...have a fabulous Holiday

DirecTV operates like another large familer corporation that is still in the undertaking 10 years later! ENRON

We ordered dtv Jan 08 through qwest bundle. Contract up Jan 10.

We moved June 30th 2010 and moved our services (still qwest bundle). DTV lost the order despite the conformation email. It was that email that saved the day when you tried to tell me I was still receiving service and living at my old address. I had to prove my change of address to you people! It took nearly a month but you finally moved my service. The supervisor "joe" felt bad and issued a credit for the install fee for the new whole home hd dvr system HE OFFERED US.. We did not ask for this, we were fine with what we had.

In Aug 10 we unbundle with qwest.

In oct 10 we call to cancel and are told we are under contract. Mind you im in law school and study consumer law! I am very familer with contract and this is not a valid contract, it is void, it lacks 3/6 essential elements to be considered a contract. I also subpoened for copies of this so called phone call at the 3rd party verification and low and behold, the phone call does not exist. I subpoened for copies of the phone call with the supe who upgraded us, and again, no existance. Hmm....

Needless to say we continued with the cancel. I paid the bill online as a one time payment for the month of aug and sept 10.

I told dtv to send final bill and I wrote a dispute letter to start the process and sent it to Greenwood vil col. BARE MIND THAT WHEN A CONSUMER IS DISPUTING THE VALIDITY OF A CHARGE YOU CAN NOT EVER ATTEMPT TO COLLECT THE DEBT THAT IS IN VIOLATION OF THE FAIR DEBT COLLECTION PRACTICES ACT. I have successfully sued creditors and collection agencies over less then $400 and received tens of thousands back for my legal fees and pun damages. Your next.

Anyways, the day after thanksgiving you decided to bill my bank account $480.14 11/26/10. Considering the $400 is in dispute you have broken the law. Its called felony theft. Amongst other things. Furthermore, on 11/27/10 I got my "final bill" finally, and it shows a late fee of $5.00....um, #1 how can it be late when I just got the dam bill and #2 you helped ourself to my bank account so again, how can it be late?? #3 you do not have permission or my signature to bill my account without permission.

We will see when Wash DC makes a ruling, DirecTV will come tumbling down and all of its peon employees will gravel at our feet.

I have had issues with DirecTV's unethical business practices as well. I reported them to the Better Business Bureau. There are so many complaints filed against this company for their bad business practices.

I had DirecTV and they were supposed to bundle my cable with AT&T.

They assured me that the bundle installation would all be on the

same day. It was not! I had to contact AT&T and in the process

was told about AT&T Uverse which sounded a lot better than DirecTV.

AT&T worked with me on DirecTV's bills to me as well as my first

cable provider. Then DirecTV billed me for the disconnection fee

and AT&T helped me. DirecTV took $500 out of my bank account

without my knowledge and AT&T and I both put a stop payment

on my checking account. Once DirecTV gets your money it leaves

one high and dry when following through on its bundle accounts.

I should have never had to contact AT&T about connecting my

phone and internet, that was DirecTV's job and they said they would do it when I first got it. At this time I am very happy with

AT&T and I hope to continue to be.

for the comment on the 2 year contract. Yes they do tell you about it and there is also a form that you sign usually before the install or sometimes after, if you people dont read what you sign then well thats your fault :upset

I have been a customer for 12 years. I have never had anyone I purchase anything from treat me the way they have this month.

I pay every month on time.

Suddenly, yesterday, I find that they have removed 500 from my bank account. I call and spend three hours on the phone for everyone to say, it is a mistake, but it will take them a month to put it back.

As advised, do not give them any source of money that you can not cancel in the event you foresee issues with them, or don't use them.

#161946

I kept reading but never thought it would happen to me- well it just did.

I get a call from Directv and they tell me my bill is late- I say I have autopay, you better look again and hung up on them. I'm on my computer 10 minutes later and get an email confirmation of the $262 payment made by phone!

Not only is my account up to date but there was no authorization for them to charge me on that card!

this was an old credit card I used before I put them on a different account to make tracking bills easier! *** Them

Kevin, you are full of it. I will bet that is why your eyes are brown.

Directv stole over @400 from my banking account. They incorrectly charged my account over $400 dollars and refused to repay it for over 8 weeks..i've spent over 8 hours on the phone total with their "customer service". This company sucks and I would not recommend their service to anyone!!!!!

DIRECT TV are the most disonest company I have ever done business with. They will take money from your bank account even if you terminate the so call 2 year contract. They say that you have 10 days to return there equipment but you have to wait 2 months for them to send you what they call a recovery kit. If you have direct tv before you cancell the service close your bank account open a new one or if you paid with a credit card reporter stollen so when you cancel the service they will have no acces to your money. They will not send you a bill and trust me they will charge your credit card or deduct from your bank account a lot of money and your bank will not return your money they will tell you that you had an unpaid bill with direct tv to talk to them they may return a small portion of the money they took with out your authorization but they will keep most of it.

Sincerelly

Mirza Hernandez

mirzah@bellsouth.net

I will never ever suggest Directv to anyone....what a joke. They do not tell you about any contract or committment when you sign up....According to thier rude customer service reps, they are not obligated to do so.

And that allowing thier CONTRACTED installers IN YOUR HOME is YOU AGREEING to a 2 year committment to them and thier monthly billing problems and rude reps. Who on earth would ever think that a contract is binded by opening your door. They then try and tell you that when the installer calls dtv from your home and hands you the phone to tell dtv that the service is on and working, THAT TOO is you agreeing to a 2 year contract. There is nothing written or verbal about it.

Apparently, Directv has been getting by with it for years. If you move, it's an automatic renewal to your 2 year agreement from the date you move....which they don't tell you either. PLUS a transfer fee up to $50. If you upgrade your package (give them MORE money) OR upgrade your equipment at anytime, it is an automatic additional 2 years added on to your contract.

NONE OF THIS, mind you, is EVER verbalized....or written anywhere but on thier website. If you try to end your service for whatever reason, you are subject to a $400 early disconnection fee. OH, and they expect you to get thier equipment mailed back to them within 10 days of shutting off your service before they charge you full price for each piece of equipment. I had a DVR and they charged me $240 for it PLUS $400 for cancelling.

They withdrew it out of my bank account without any warning, no bills sent to me, nothing and overdrew me to the point I had to close my checking account ....After weeks of fighting with them, it was finally credited, but by then they sent my account to collections.

I called to have my service disconnected on 11-02-08 and they continued to bill me through January/February. I ended up paying those two months, plus the cancellation fee...none of which was fair.

View more comments (12)
Review

Directv in Traverse City, Michigan - Disconnected service! RIP OFF!

My services were disconnected on Feb. 11 prior to the disconnection date of Feb. 16, though I paid my accurate charges on the account. I was charged 74.99 for the NFL package which included the premier package,per 4 months.In additional, to the full payment, they charged me 42.00 for prorated use of movie channels. The rep claimed I agreed to such charges based on the plan I purchased. Direct TV's customer service to its customers is simply dissatisfing.This is definitely a RIP OFF! The customer service rep refused to assist me any further, until I paid the account!

That NFL Sunday ticket is the biggest scam. They "had signed me up for the 2007/2008 and they messed up my pricing/billing...then this this past season the automatically enrolled me and screwed it up again.

The "one billing" with Verizon makes it infinitely worse.

I had my directv shut off - because it's not regulated by the FCC like the phone co ...they shut it off first. Bull kaka.

Review

Directv in Colorado Springs, Colorado - Direct TV won't provide working receiver

I have been a DTV customer since 1997. Last year I agreed to an upgrade to an HD Receiver. I have had constant problems with the reception since, and have spent hours on hold and working with technicians over the phone to troubleshoot. When they finally sent a tech, they had the nerve to charge me a "surprise" fee for the service call, and it never fixed the problem. I wrote two letters, which were responded to with a form letter that made it obvious no real person had even read my complaint. A year later, the receiver is finally broken for good, and DTV is making me wait two weeks for a technician, and won't allow me out of my two year contract so that I can seek better service with another company. They say it will cost me $240.00 to terminate the lease early, even if the equipment they leased me has never worked properly. When you lease real estate, the landlord has to make repairs, so why doesn't DTV have to repair their faulty equipment? Seems to me, they have no regard for customers. I'm stuck with no service, and they didn't even offer to take two weeks' charge of my bill--horrible company. They care NOTHING for existing customers, only for new ones.

Directv in Columbus, Ohio - Direct Tv and contract company Connect Tv

We ordered Direct Tv and had installation scheduled from 12:00 to 4:00. At 4:45 no one had showed up, we called Direct Tv and they said they would contact the contract installers, Connect TV, if we did not hear from them in 15 miutes call back... 30 minutes later we called Direct Tv back, the second rep said she too would contact them and we should hear from someone, and credited our account $100.00. She told us who the contract co was and we looked them up and called them ourselves. They told us that someone should be here by 6:00...already 2 hours late. At 6:30 a manager called to ask if anyone had showed up, we said no and he said the tech would call us, which he did and said he would be here around 7:00... 8:30, we call Direct Tv AGAIN, and talk to a supervisor who contacts Connect Tv a 3rd time and said someone should call in 20 minutes. At 9:15, now 5 hours and 15 minutes after the latest time he should have been here, we gat the voicemail, Connect Tv was closed for the evening after we had sat at home waiting ALL DAY. What horrible customer service. No body could answer our questions and now since they have closed for the night we have no clue when they should arrive tomorrow...or next week, month....

All Connect is the name of the company that I was switched to after making arrangements to change my electricity bill, being offered 'some promos'. All Connect got my SSN and address from me and then Direct TV ran my credit and set up an account, without my permission.

I am now suing them for their criminal behaviour. BEWARE !!!

Directv in Longmont, Colorado - Direct TV

I agree with some other folk who wrote in. If I had know about DirectTv and their little games I would have never joined. Miss quoted me over and over again. Even though I spent over 30 minutes on the phone with each person so I could make sure we were on the same page. Billing was wrong for the first 2-3 months and wasn't what was quoted. Told me I must not have given them all the information. Tried to cancel on day two because I had, had it and was told I would have to pay $480 for cancellation fee. As soon as my contract is up...I am out of there. Even after 6 months (about) I am still pissed. I should have never left Dish Network

When we were ready to move into our new home, I called to negotiate a better deal with Direct TV, since as a new customer with Dish I could get free install and better rates. To keep my business, they made me an even better deal than Dish would, but when install was complete, they charged me as though the deal had never been made. They claimed to representative had the authority to make the deal I "claimed" had been made with me.