Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Directv in Washington, District Of Columbia - Sneaking In Charges

Two years ago I disconnected 2 of our 4 directv boxes. Receiving a monthly bill, it was not itemized. This month it was and behold all 4 receivers were being charged. Calling customer service to explain, of which they could not. For the pass year they have charged me for all 4. They would only reduce my monthly bill $10.00 for a year, not reimburse the $10.00 a month they have been charging me. Now in order to get the full refund I will need a lawyer. Insist on a itemized monthly bill so you know what you are paying for! Turn your back, and they charge for things you do not have.

I have had directv continually for 12 years. Each and every month for 12 years I have received an itemized bill with each and every charged in black and white.

your monthly bill is itemized..........you have to open it every month to see that..........I know its hard to get up and get the mail and then to open it to WOW! ok now that im done being a ***.............follow your bills back and find out exactly how much you were over charged and then call in and get a manager on the phone.

The reps have a high turnover rate so the service does as well......this goes for every company. When i worked as a tech I helped several individuals in you position get your money back.

Directv in Wyandotte, Michigan - *** lied to me

you bastards screwed me , i asked for 365 channels got 55 i had more with cable i am supposed to be paying 19.99 per month i havent had this service a full month yet and you *** are charging the price for threethis service was started nov. 21 i dont know where you *** heads get off charging me 121.00the first three months were supposed to be freewith hbo stars and the movie channel free for three months as well well you can kiss my red american indian *** you give me what i asked for or ill go to dish and you can send some poor unsuspected *** to collect.you bastards tryed to screw me the last time we dealt with you guess some lessons are hard to learn you are still a bunch of crooked bastards correct this bill there is no way in *** its this high

GROW UP do you really think the multi billion dollar company reads this site? Oh and by the way directv owns dish.

Review

DIRECTV RUINED MY CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEARS!!!!!!

Directv took 417.00 out of my acct, i cancelled in july of 08 and they said i have an HD reciever that is there's and i bought the freaking thing from walmart, i have been a directv customer for 12 years!!! how is this legal. I am retired and live on a fixed income, they caused me to have300.00 in bank fees plus the 417.00. This all happened on Christmas eve, we could not even finish Christmas. I can not even afford gas to go see my grand-kids, i am not one to beg for anything. I worked for 30 years and worked hard and thought i could relax and enjoy life, but you need money. I am not through with directv yet, i want my money and fees back.

You people are pathetic, paranoid and are probably liberal Democrats that think everyone should get everything for nothing as well. For anyone that thinks that all businesses are out to get you I would encourage you to get professional help immediately before you kill again. While occasionally one of you may have been victim of an error or perhaps even an intentional act of deception for the most part most of you are simply clueless or qualify as perpetrators of fraud yourselves.

A company the size of DIRECTV has a legal department the size of a small Midwestern town that advises them on every policy and practice that they employ. Now I'm not saying that there are no instances of an individual that works for DIRECTV misleading a customer, intentionally or unintentionally. But as a corporate entity DIRECTV has everything to lose by setting policy and engaging in practices that are detrimental to its bottom line. The only way to avoid attrition is keep the customers you have happy so they will tell others.

DIRECTV has about 18 million customers and they continue to grow. Apparently most of those 18 million are pretty well satisfied because DIRECTV has been ranked #1 in customer satisfaction for 9 years running. If they were p-i-s-s-i-n-g (Funny isn't it, that a website that is called Pissed Consumer won't let the word *** be used in posts. Pretty hypocritical.) off even 1% of their customers there would be about 180,000 people or so that should be posting on this site yet there is only a handful. Now of the 18 million or so people who are DIRECTV customers they are either 18 million of the stupidest people on the face of the Earth or the less than 1% who claim to have been duped are. Which is it? My money is on the 180,000 or less.

DIRECTV agents are trained for 2 weeks before they take a single call. Then they go through another 2 weeks of On-The-Job training under the watchful eye of trainers. And once they are allowed to take calls without extremely close supervision they are subject to frequent monitoring to ensure that they deliver a quality consumer experience. Every call an agent takes is recorded and archived. They are required to quote accurate pricing based on what they are told by the prospective customer. If the customer attempts or does provide inaccurate information in an attempt to get service or discounts they are not entitled to how does the DIRECTV or one of its agents have responsibility for inaccurate pricing or information that could result. Agents are required to inform all customers that they are leasing, not buying equipment and upon termination of services the equipment must be returned to DIRECTV or the credit or debit card that they provided when they became a DIRECTV customer would be charged for the cost of the equipment. Customers are told to review their 1st bill and the Customer Agreement that is included carefully and to keep both for their records. New customers are told the length of their agreement and if they break that agreement due to early cancellation then they are subject to early cancellation fees. Currently this is $20 per month left in the agreement term. It will be charged to the credit or debit card they provided when they set up service.

You see, when someone calls to sign up for DIRECTV some do not listen closely to what they are being told. It is my assessment that those who claim to have wronged are probably among those who wanted to rush through the sign-up process, argued with the agent about the length of the agreement, felt the cancellation fees were unfair or just ignored any information that the agent provided that didn't line up with their own personal perception of what they did or didn't have to do to hold up their end of the bargain. They think that to provide TV service as content rich as what DIRECTV provides is free, that DIRECTV gets 100% profit from every dollar they take in. Get a clue. Every business that exists today makes an investment and has an expense before any profit is made. DIRECTV is no different. Typically it takes DIRECTV at least 18 months to break even on a new customer. Let me repeat that for the really thick-headed among you. It typically takes 18 months for DIRECTV to break even on the installation and set-up of a new customer. No business exists to just break even and no business continues to exist if they don't make a profit. Since its establishment DIRECTV has continually improved its service, content and technology. No business in the television service provider industry has a record as good as DIRECTV.

Some people complain that satellite TV use to be free. Really? If I recall a satellite system with a dish the size of Rhode Island ran about $8000 or more. That is about 6 years of DIRECTV service with the Premier package that contains over 285 channels of the most popular programming content available. No other TV service provider has anything even close. Of course, one does not have to have a TV service provider. For those of you who think TV should be free as your God given right, you can put up an antenna and get reception of local channels if you can get a strong enough signal. But shut your pie hole and don't complain when there is nothing to watch on TV or there is 30 minutes of program content and 30 minutes of advertising to pay for “free” TV. Or maybe you can watch programming content provided on the Internet that is free. But my friends, that is not free either. You either at least have to have Internet service which is not free, you are a mooch who only gets WI-fi from places like Starbucks or McDonald's (God love ya) or you are stealing service from someone. Who is the unethical one now?

Are you familiar with the Pareto Principle? I doubt it. Simply put 80% of effects are derived by 20% of causes. It is also referred to as the 80-20 Rule. How does it have relevance to this monologue? 80% of the problems/complaints are generated by 20% of the customers a company has. These disgruntled people also increase the expense of doing business and guess who gets to cover the bill? The 80 percent who are relatively satisfied. Do me/us a favor, go kill yourselves now, before you cost me/us another penny. I/we will be eternally grateful.

I am sorry this happened to you but i can't say I am surprised. Directv is a scamming, lying, unethical, unprofessional bunch of clowns.

they are destroying the earth by throwing away used satallites instead of recycling them. Then they trap you in a contract and lie by saying it's a 1 year contract and when the year comes up they tell you it is 2 years. I really hope you get some justice with this. contact the BBB.

i did.

Good luck.

Review

Directv in Forest Park, Illinois - Direct T.V. destroyed my home and still wont fix my dish

I just got Direct Television about 10 days ago.When they came to install the dish they left cable cords all over my home and told me that they would be back after lunch. I did not see them until 2 days later meanwhile my 5yr.old tripped on the cords and fell down our stairs. Thank God he wasn't hurt. Ive had Direct T.V. for 10 days now and I've only had reception for about 3. I've called continuously yet no one will come. I should have got Comcast. I could be watching T.V. now.

The only trouble i had was when it rained i had no service.

Directv in Longboat Key, Florida - Do Not Pay Your Bill With Your Debit Card

When you terminate your service, Direct TV will immediately deduct "early termination fees" sometimes in excess of $400, plus they will charge deduct money for the cable boxes that you have!!!! DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR DEBIT OR CREDIT CARD NUMBER. IF YOU PAY YOUR BILL ONLINE (THEY WILL SECRETLY KEEP YOUR NUMBER)!! PLEASE PASS THIS ON. This company is a RIP OFF!! The only way we as consumers can fight back is to report them to BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU.. they will be fined for unsettled and unanswered disputes.. If consumers report them enough, maybe we can GET RID OF THEM--It's about time!!!

This person is TELLING THE TRUTH! It happened to me -- I let my friend borrow my debit card to pay her bill..

When she moved, she decided to cancel her Directv and a month later, they charged MY debit card $338.00!!!! This was a few days before CHRISTMAS, it TIED UP MY MONEY while I was trying to get last minute shopping done!! I called Directv and they said OH WELL.. They ADMITTED they had no authorization to take money out of MY account but would do nothing about it!

I had to file FRAUD CHARGES through my bank to get them to cancel the charge!!! THEY ARE A FRAUD!!!!!!!!!!!

DIRECTV, Lie Cheat Steal

I could not believe I received an e-mail from Directv with this statement. "We strive to deliver the best television experience for you every day. Committed to the principles of honesty and integrity, our employees are determined to provide you with prompt, courteous and excellent service. We promise to do our best to resolve any issues that might arise as quickly as possible." I have been a "customer" for over 6 months, only because I am locked into the 2yr contract. I have never before dealt with a company that is so dishonest. I couldn't be more displeased.

I had Directv for more than 6 yrs and FOR 6 YRS IT BEEN A PROBLEM.My bill for the same service would go up and down and the last straw was when I paid HALF THE BILL AND THEY CUT THE SERVICE OFF AND TRIED TO CHARGE ME FOR ANOTHER MONTH.

I had Directv for more than 6 yrs and FOR 6 YRS IT BEEN A PROBLEM.My bill for the same service wood go up and down and the last straw was when I paid HALF THE BILL AND THEY CUT THE SERVICE OFF AND TRIED TO CHARGE ME FOR ANOTHER MONTH.

#102076

I install direct tv. It's amazing how *** people are, like you.

Why don't you just get a copy of the contract ahead of time and read it. Don't try and cry to get sympathy from the technicians either. They get charged for *** service calls that you schedule because 1. you don't know how to use your own equip.

that a 6 year old can master. 2.

you don't listen when the tech is trying to explain the system. This job would be soo much easier if DTV didn't install service for retards like you.

View more comments (2)
Loss

Directv in Fort Worth, Texas - Direct Tv Scam in Dallas, TX

I have been a vauled customer with Direct TV since 2003, until this month. I ended up having to move from a house into an apt, and when the technician came out to install the dish, he said that there was no line of sight for where the dish had to be facing. When I talked with the customer service rep. they told me that the early cancellation fee would be waived since I was the service could not be installed correctly. I got an email later on in the week stating that they were going to charge me an additional early termination fee off almost $$$400.00 due to my contract. I tried and talked with the Customer service rep. to explain the situation but there response was that "We didn't tell you to move and its not our fault that the equipment cannot be installed". So in closing in ended up paying the early cancellation fee to them to get my account closed. WORD TO THE WISE, DON'T EVER SIGN A CONTRACT WITH DIRECT TV UNLESS YOU ARE CERTAIN THAT YOU ARE GOING TO BE AT YOUR RESIDENCE FOR THAT TIME PERIOD!! I now have gone back to digital cable and i am only under contract for 6 months and then renue after that time. I was never given this opportunity with direct tv. I would never recommend someone to get into a contract like this unless they are ready to get taken for a ride. James, Dallas, TX 12/13/08

Directv in Miami, Florida - Misinforming the customers

I am a directv subscirber and i am pissed on how customer representatives hanlde my inquiries! Imagine being misinformed for 5 times in one week on several concerns that I have asked them. first, They told me that the installation cost for additional receiver can be slpitted into two bills which when i verified the next day was'nt true. Second, When they offered me to enroll my bill in autodebit feature, they told me that i can pick a day where they will debit my bill from my bank, the next morning i asked them if this is true, they said it was not possible, when i told them to unenroll my account, two weeks after, they still debited my bill from my bank. Third, when they offered me free HBO for the first three months when i moved to a new place, i found out that they charged me $35 to my account. Fourth, when I found out that these were happening they told me that the bank can reverse the auto debit which i did the next minute but turns out to be IMPOSSIBLE on my banks end.... Imagine this happening to you in Two weeks one after another? Is this service? I think the have to check whether their customer representatives are knowledgeable on their company's policy or not. If not for the tv channel that we want to have which is sad to say only available thru directv here in miami, I wouldn't subscribe to them...

Directv in Scranton, Pennsylvania - Direct tv scam

Consumers beware of this direct tv scam where they offer you direct tv for only 29.99 a month. I ordered this and when my first bill came in it was for 61.00 dollars. When I call the company to dispute the problem I was charged 5.00 to talk to a actual human being which got me nowhere anyway. This is a scam and should be given tp the BBB and the attourney general of New Jearsey where Direct tv is located. I'm pissed!! If any other consumer has had this problem with direct tv I suggest you get in contact with the BBB and get you out of this bogus contract they make you sign where they renig on there offer.
Review

Directv in Los Angeles, California - Bad and rude customer service!!

Ordered DirectTV for 39.95 per month. Didn't tell us about the rebate that needs to be sent in when you get your 1st bill. Well we still have received 1st bill and because it is an auto deduct from card unless you catch it in the 1st month you don't get rebate and now we are paying $60.00 per month. Tried to call and speak to customer service, if you can call it that and after holding 2 hrs 15 min. they disconnected us. We can't cancel because it will cost over $420.00. Need help on how we can get our original monthly price. Can anyone give any suggestions. Need help!!!! Sandy

if it hasnt been more than 60 days since ur acct was activated, you can go online to directv.com. scroll al the way down to the bottom and click on rebate.

you need ur acct #, zip codem and email address. if you have no email address just put none@none.com. then click submit.

If it has been more than 60 days than just 4get it. nothing that anyone can do at directv, not even a manager

Loss