Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Directv in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - DirectTV Sneaky cancellation fees

I wanted to cancel my DirectTV account. They told me I had to pay $300 cancelation fee. I told them I am done with my 2 yr commitment and there must be a mistake. The guy told me I had a box replaced (they changed the box because the old one was defective!!) and this added another 24 mo to my contract!!! This is ***, I did not sign any extension to my contract, there was no discussion on this, ad they just automatically added a new contract to my account. I cannot get out of their service even though it sucks! Never get DirectTV, never. It is a scam!!!!

Be careful anyone who pays Directtv with credit card thru web site. Also cancel because of poor service.

Surpised to find 2yrs added because of upgraded box. Not only did I get charged early cancelation $360.00, also got charged $550.00 for two empty boxes delivered to return boxes until they received them back, one box I just paid $200 for they say I only leased it and still belongs to them. Three days after I received returned boxes I was checking my bank balanced and discover $1196.17 was withdrawn from my account. As probably most of us we live from paycheck to paycheck.

Called Cust Serv and was told I would get $550.00 back when boxes were returned. Although not to happy to say the least returned boxes next day. Called to verify they were received asked when I would get my refund was told between 6 to 8 WEEKS!

By the way all this is on your FIRST months bill after you have contract for their service. So if your thinking about their service my warning Don't give them your C/C information they will withdraw monies on outstanding balances and send you a notices after the fact.

wow, I can't believe this story. I just got off the phone with the rudest people ever to work in customer service!

I spoke to three people, two of which stated they were managers. The third started out so nice and then she got so ugly in the end. I used to work in a field of this nature as a manager and never talked to anyone like this before even if I knew they were full of it. I always made them feel like they were so important.

I had the same thing happen. I got service in 2007 and only had a one year contract...(goes to show you they are doing different contracts all over the place) and I asked for 4 rooms to be set up during that time. I really just wanted the fourth room to be a jump off of another room, b/c I didn't need the 4th box. I thought this could be done.

When they came out, they worked on trying to figure that out for some time and could not, so they said they would send someone out that Friday and they never did even though we waited and took time off work. Then it happened again. we scheduled the techs, and they never showed up. I think we must have been calling a tech number and not direct tv.

We also had issues of them not hooking us up to phone lines, so we could never order movies or anything and we tried to order stuff over the internet and it was a big issue. That never got resolved but we called several times. Then we finally called Direct tv directly in December of 2007 after waiting for 8 months for the techs to show up and calling and then they stated htey would just send us a box. Hey, whatever works.....right?

Well heck, that apparently added another 2 years to my contract of which I did not know, so after more *** service, I decided to cancel my service this summer and then get a cheaper rate with Dish b/c their programming channels are better for our tastes. I tried to get Direct to match it and they could not, so I cancelled. They then told me it would be a $199 cancellation fee and I was like whaaaaa??? then They said if you just write a dispute letter to the dispute dpt they will probably waive it.

Well after waiting 4 weeks on a reply I finally got it. They said, we cannot credit you, b/c you terminated early...oh good gravy.....did they not even read the letter? They didnt' bother to call to understand my side or my point. I called the number on that letter today and talked to three rude people who call themselves managers and they just kept saying hte same thing.

They said they had no acitivty of me calling for 8 mos and didn't have anything that I requested 4 rooms to be hooked up to begin with. Hey, I dont' control what they type. I didn't get responses so it would make sense that their systems wouldnt' show it. They said they didn't have any caller id info showing a call on this account...whaaa is that?

Maybe I called from a different number, or maybe I was calling the tech guys who usually tell you, call us, not direct tv....right? so then she said, well you should have called us. I told her that they didnt' even fulfill their end of the contract by not being able to offer PPV to us b/c it never worked! But they don't seem to think that voids anything, so now I guess I will go over to credit.

I have never been turned over for anything. I always pay every bill timely and never had a credit issue and now direct tv is going to ruin me in one instance.....craaaazy.....

Thanks for the heads up. I just cancelled direct tv after four years. I'll take a hard look at my final bill.

Directv in Silver Spring, Maryland - Verizon and Direct TV

This is in complaint to Verizon adnirect Tv service. Which Suck!!! They have the worst customer service I have ever dealt with in my life. I ordered a triple budle package through Verizon I finaaly received it 2 months later and the tv and the satelite never worked never had a *** signal. Direct Tv wants me to pay a $500 early term fee for something that never worked. Even to fix it they told me 4-5 weeks that was insane. We had already waited to long to begin with. I recommend any other phone or tv service but them they are the worst and don't know how to take responsibility.

The correct spelling is DirecTV. I posted a complaint under this spelling and encourage anyone that would like to be part of a class action lawsuit to post a comment under that complaint.

Directv in Chicago, Illinois - Direct TV has inadequate customer service rep

I just spent 35 min on the line with a direct tv customer service rep name Don. I had a simple question about a channel that has been added to most of the other Dish, and cable network. This person name Don (if that was his name) knew nothing about the new channel (ME TOO), and refused to transfer me to anyone else. I then ask to be transferred to a Supervisor or Manager on staff. He then indicated there was no one available. I don't get that, how could a company with idots like this be left unsupervised ?

Do you think you're talking to anyone in the US now for any type of customer service call? Please, Don was the closest American name for his real name, stationed somewhere outside our borders.

Insist on American!!!!

I heard on the news today that a local company is moving 300+ jobs from an already depressed nearby town to China. Don't buy anything from Kaz going forward.

We had Direct TV for at least 8 years. We then started having problems with our equipment and watched "searching for satellite" for 2 weeks all the while calling for help.

Apparently our only recourse was to pay $79.00 for a service call. That is until I called to cancel after switching to Time Warner. I asked the rep where he had been for the past two weeks when he could have a made a difference.

I think the Websters Dictionary has dropped the word "service". It doesn't exist anymore.

I had the same thing happen. The first person hung up on me when I questioned a charge on my account. The second guy wouldn't let me talk to a supervisor until I told him I wanted to cancel and go to Dish Network.

Review

Directv in Los Angeles, California - Cancellation hiding fee!!

Yes I was another customer that ordered Direct by phone and was never told about early termination fee of $420.00 and know they charged my account in the amount of $544.16 and put my account on a overdraft account! Which now I will be charged overdraft fees. This is BS and this was charged not my me cancelling, but by them closing my acct, so why the charge? I even tried to talk to a rep & told them I will pay my $119.00 pymt so that they can put my account on a 6 mnths hold until I get my living situation in order and they said they can not because my acct is on a close hold, which again its not something I request to have cancelled! I will never refer direct tv!

Directv in Newark, New Jersey - Cancellation Fee Scam

We found out, like most, that when the non-english speaking installer asked us to sign the work order after he was done, we also signed a 2 year agreement for HD TV service. We ordered our service through Verizon; the bundle pkg (Phone, internet and TV on one bill). This was a verbal agreement and it was nearly a month until we could get the installer to our apartment because he kept cancelling. We never spoke to anyone from Direct TV, nor did Verizon mention that Direct TV would b the provider. The satelite installer was from another company. When we spoke to the salesperson for Verizon we even asked if there were a commitment agreement because we had signed a lease for 1 yr. They told us no. When we cancelled the service in late August, 2008 because we were moving to a house, Verizon gladly terminated us without any fees or hassel. However, we were told at that time that we had to contact Direct TV and were given a customer service #. When we called it was explained that there would be a $360 cancellation fee. Like most of you, I too argued our case with the people at Direct TV and then at Verizon. Verizon couldnt/wouldnt help (not their problem). Direct TV just gave me a Billing Dispute Address to dispute my fee in writing. We are doing this now. Am i wasting my time? There is an ethical responsibility of Direct TV to ensure that this is properly disclosed, especially when it is being sold by another company under the "bundle" pretense. I will be including this website in my dispute letter to Direct TV. Keep fighting!

Les quisiera comunicar a la familia de DirecTv que estoy muy deseccionada de ustedes estube mas de 3 años *** ustedes y decidi por rasones personales cmbiar a Disch y despues de mi cancelacion me estan cobrando $46.34 supuestamente una prigramacion que vi en el 2009 y ahora ya estamos casi en el 2013 la verdad que me parese que llegan demaciado ridiculos *** todo lo que les paque por todos estos años y no solo eso me mandan hasta la cuenta para colectar sin mas mi nombre Violeta Fleites #cuenta 64147756 muchas gracias

iT IS ANATIONALY CRISIS WHAT DIRECT TV DOES WITH PEOPLE WHO WANT TO CANCEL ON THEM THE FIRST TIME I CALLED THEIR OFFICES THEIR COMPUTERS WERE DOWN AND NO ONE CALLED ME BAKC A FEW WEEKS LATER THE SAME THING HAPENED AND THEN WHEN SOMEONE CALLED BACK THEIR WAS THIS EARLY TERMINATION THING ABOUT THEIR DVR. NO ONE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT IT WHEN I GOT IT FROM THEM AND WHEN IT WAS INSTALLED THE INSTALLER DIDNOT SPEAK ENGLISH AND DID NOT SAY ANYTHING AOUBT IT.

TWO COLLECTION AGENCIES LATER I AM STILL NOT PAYING THEM AND TODAY WHEN I TRIED TO PAY THEM A FAIR AMOUNT 2 TIMES THEY FORWARDED MY TOA SUPERVISOR AND GOT HUNG UP ON.

WELL GUESS WHAT MY CREDIT IS MESSED UP WITH THIS AND THEY WILL HAVE MANYMORE COLLECTION AGENCIES TO HANDLE THIS. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICES SUCK IN THE WORST WAY I WOULD RATHER SPEAK TO SOME GUY FROM THE PHILIPINES WHO WOULD HELP ME RATHER THAN SOMEONE AMERICAN PERSON FROM PHOENIX ARIZONA WHO IS JUST ANOTHER PAWN FOR DIRECT TV

Dish Network is worse: I seems to be associated with potentially fraudelent entities. Have never delivered package offered and quality of installation is not acceptable (cable is simply dropped on the roof). Net result: I am paying $10 more per month and receive about one half of what was promised via verbal agreement + has never received movie package, which was a part of the offer :(

Loss
I have been with DirecTV since 1996. This is how they reward long-time customers: My Hughes brand receiver is no longer displaying channel guide information for one of my local networks. I can still view programming on this channel, but have no way of knowing...

That $100 receiver is a piece of ***; I just GAVE away 2 of them to a sat receiver recycler (both the same F ing model). DTV equipment is JUNK.

View more comments
Loss
When I signed up for Direct TV service, I was signing up for a sizable discount for the first year. The web page listed $52.99/month for the package I wanted, but the phone person said the current price package was $39.99. I verified with her, very carefully, that I...

i have been with directv for over 10 years an have recently had to turn away from their services due to billing issues. i upgraded to the hd/dvr and when i did they charged me full price for all the programing which came to around 240.00 monthly.

I had highspeed internt, gold choice & the spanish network for soccer since they don't offer a soccer pkg. Until I upgraded, the spanish channel was a small cost since it was the basic pkg.I don't know anyone who can afford these outlandish prices. I called and cancelled and now have to pay 900.00 plus to cover my cancellation as I have 21 months left on my account @ 20.00 pr month. I have moved over to Dish network wich has been completely up front with all th charges and they have a pkg with soccer on it for 14.99 per month.

Direct tv wll get 50.00 per month until I have paid them in full.

Any one joining one of the satellite cmpanies for viewing purposes should have faxes available and have the salesperson send them a complete transmission of what they are getting into including any rebates and tim limits.

MY THEORY IS IF THEY CAN GIVE OUT THESE INEXPENSIVE PKGS TO DRAW PEOPLE IN THEN THEY CAN KEEP THE LOW PRICE VALID AND KEEP THE PEOPLE AS LOYAL CUSTOMERS. AS FOR ME AND MINE WE'VE SWITCHED TO DISH :sigh

View more comments

Directv in Tampa, Florida - Steeler game on 9/7/8

I purchased the NFL ticket precisely to watch steelers since I live in Fl and they are from Pa and are blacked out here. Sunday I turned on the Direct Tv and I could not get the game.  Called customer service and all I get is the run around from automated system.  I pay too much to you to have this kind of service.  Your advertisement to not use cable is false adv.  I should be able to speak to a human and be told why my service was blocked. If I could, I would cancel this contract. thank you

Direct TV has no control over blackouts. It is the sole fault of the broadcaster.

Had no problem with the sqeelers game here or any other games on NFL Ticket all where good

I watched the game it was pretty good.

Directv in Cincinnati, Ohio - I called 5 times about a Remote Control Problem

My remote control is acting up, I called 5 times got 5 different answers, install new batteries, need a new remote control, go to our website find out how to on your own,go to a channel with no picture & fix the remote, go to menu. I still have the problem, I did all the things they recomended. half the remote works, can't turn Tv off on & on with it, can't mute, can't adjust volume, very disgusted with Direct TV.You bet when my contract is up I will get rid of this mess. I will also tell anyone that is interested in Direct to please don't .

problem w/ direct tv remote control

87elkie

I wish I had come here a year ago. The DTV remotes are kind of touchy.

I have three different kinds. I can tell you how to program your remote if I know which one you have.

View more comments (1)

Directv in Mount Laurel, New Jersey - Rained out

I've had direct TV for 5 years, and every time it rains or snows i lose my satellite, i think its time to go back to cable, directv, have 120 channels as they advertise but 80 of them are blacked out, What a ripe off,i cant watch tv when it rains, what the *** is that all about. hey directv who about a few months of free service, better yet you can keep it. is there any people or companys left,that dont try to scam people with there fine print come on you big companys give us all a break. dont get me going on the oil companys.

Have you reported your problems to Directv? I've had this service for three years and have not had a single problem.

We get rain... we don't get snow, that's true... and I have yet to have my service :go down." Give Directv service a call and calmly explain the problem. They WILL work with you...

will even replace what may be a faulty dish... for free!

Best of luck.

I had the same problem last night! We eventually gave up and put in a movie.

View more comments (1)