Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Directv in Tampa, Florida - Steeler game on 9/7/8

I purchased the NFL ticket precisely to watch steelers since I live in Fl and they are from Pa and are blacked out here. Sunday I turned on the Direct Tv and I could not get the game.  Called customer service and all I get is the run around from automated system.  I pay too much to you to have this kind of service.  Your advertisement to not use cable is false adv.  I should be able to speak to a human and be told why my service was blocked. If I could, I would cancel this contract. thank you

Direct TV has no control over blackouts. It is the sole fault of the broadcaster.

Had no problem with the sqeelers game here or any other games on NFL Ticket all where good

I watched the game it was pretty good.

View more comments (2)

Directv in Cincinnati, Ohio - I called 5 times about a Remote Control Problem

My remote control is acting up, I called 5 times got 5 different answers, install new batteries, need a new remote control, go to our website find out how to on your own,go to a channel with no picture & fix the remote, go to menu. I still have the problem, I did all the things they recomended. half the remote works, can't turn Tv off on & on with it, can't mute, can't adjust volume, very disgusted with Direct TV.You bet when my contract is up I will get rid of this mess. I will also tell anyone that is interested in Direct to please don't .

problem w/ direct tv remote control

87elkie

I wish I had come here a year ago. The DTV remotes are kind of touchy.

I have three different kinds. I can tell you how to program your remote if I know which one you have.

Directv in Mount Laurel, New Jersey - Rained out

I've had direct TV for 5 years, and every time it rains or snows i lose my satellite, i think its time to go back to cable, directv, have 120 channels as they advertise but 80 of them are blacked out, What a ripe off,i cant watch tv when it rains, what the *** is that all about. hey directv who about a few months of free service, better yet you can keep it. is there any people or companys left,that dont try to scam people with there fine print come on you big companys give us all a break. dont get me going on the oil companys.

Have you reported your problems to Directv? I've had this service for three years and have not had a single problem.

We get rain... we don't get snow, that's true... and I have yet to have my service :go down." Give Directv service a call and calmly explain the problem. They WILL work with you...

will even replace what may be a faulty dish... for free!

Best of luck.

I had the same problem last night! We eventually gave up and put in a movie.

Review

Directv in Rock Hill, South Carolina - DTV - constant signal loss - useless!

I can't wait until my contract with DTV is up! If they think I'm going to renew, they had better think again! The satellite signal is constantly being lost and, of course, it always happens while you are watching something you really want to see. Weather is not a factor - it can be a bright, sunny day without a cloud in the sky and the screen will go out. And they want me to PAY to have someone look at the problem!!! I will never recommend this company to anyone and plan on steering as many people away from them as I can.

we've had the same problem with a lot of our HD channels. Not a cloud in the sky and we get a message about searching for signal.

we too were told by the CS department that a service call was required which was 49.95 or we could get a service package for 12 months and 5.99 a month. why should i pay for service for a box i'm leasing????

Must be your area - I never lose a signal even in bad weather - Was a TIME WARNER CABLEcustemer for last 10 yrs now that sucks a whole lot more then DTV - Cable you pay an ungodly rate for ***!!

Directv in Monroe, Louisiana - Pay per view

I ordered pay per view Alabama@ Tulane 9-5-08. Of course when 6:00pm came my screen was blue and read channel not available in your area. Great I called DTV and they credited my account, and told me to order it on 786 with my remote. 791 was blacked out in my area. I hung up and tried to order it. It would not work, I called DTV again, Sorry sir your remote will ordering window has expired. We can order it for you for $5.00 extra, up till have time, but for unknown reasons we can't.

Directv in San Diego, California - Direct tv service

Direct TV charged me the full monthly bill and I have no signal or sometimes bad signal. I called and they wanted to charge me $79.00 to come out and check my equipment. And on top of that the amount it is going to cost just to replace what is broken now. I do not no how long the replacement is going to last me. Now the only reason I got direct TV is because of those channels that I am having trouble seeing. I all ready miss a whole lot of soccer games. I ask to get off early from work just to watch a blank screen.

Direct TV

Corporate Office

Ms. Ellen Filipiak

Sr. VP, Customer Care

2230 East Imperial Highway

El Segundo, CA 90245

Direct TV "hides" this address but I found it! Bombard Ms. Filipiak with your complaints! Maybe, just maybe, they will realize JUST HOW BAD their service is and make changes. They hire and train people to be TOTALLY INCOMPETENT and then tie to you exorbitant contracts when they fail to provide the type of service that is expected.

If the industries won't police themselves, we, as consumers, have an obligation to. Also, contact your local Consumer Protection Agency (listed on County Gov't websites) with your complaints. These "monopolies" are ILLEGAL and the Consumer has to stand up for their rights.

Loss

Directv in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania - Direct TV

Its 1230 and its been raining since 0700. Thats also the amount of time my Direct TV has been fading in and out. If a channel does appear it's not long before that channel becomes an unwatchable screen of frozen blocks and annoying static. It'll stay like that until the screen eventually goes blank and the "searching for signal" bar shows up. I'm glad the Fios people called to see if I would like to try a different provider. I jumped at the chance to dump this crazy system I have now. Too bad Fios isn't available everywhere yet. Direct TV would probably provide you with many hours of quality uninterupted service. If you lived in an area with no trees, no rain, no snow and no clouds.

Directv in Reston, Virginia - DirectTV Sucks

We ordered it, they installed a dish. Turns out they did not have our local news so we cancelled. Three weeks later their dish came loose and was hanging over neighbors yard where 7 kids play. They were in danger. Direct TV was called and told of the danger to children because their workman did a poor job. Direct Tv refused all responsibility because we had cancelled. They never addressed the shoddy workmanship or the fact they tell you where you will get your news even if its not the area you live in. We threatened to sue and were told do what you gotta do.

Directv in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Direct TV SCAM

I have been a Direct TV customer since 2006. IN April of 08 we decided 2 get new DVR boxes because A, we liked the feature and B one of our old boxes kept freezing. We decided to Cancel this month because we are having some financial problems. When we called DTV they told us that when we signed the Work Order for the boxes being installed that automatically signed us up for another 2 years. We were NEVER told of this. The agents at DTV were rude and not even willing to work with us. We have filed a complaint with the BBB and I feel everyone else who has had this problem should also. They can not continue to get away with this. Especially since they are now trying to charge us 380 to cancel.

LadyDi -

I would file a complaint with the BBB. We did, we just got a rebuttal from direct tv today actually.

They are claiming they informed us for hte 2 years extention when they called us, which they never did.

We sent our own rebuttal back challenging them to pull the phone call and prove it. We actually linked this website to the e-mail so they can see all the complaints.

I terminated my service, I paid in full, returned my boxes promptly,,,I never tied my phone lines into my TV, had a zero balance...got a zero balance bill..

now I get a bill 92 dollars for some *** someone supposedly looked at in Sept '07...they said they could bill me because it was found out when I returned my box and the tech looked at it..Have you ever heard of anything so crazy??? anybody have a simular stories email me...dyannpa@yahoo.com

Thanks, for the info. I am in NJ and while I haven't heard about any court cases here, it won't hurt to look into it. I'll keep you all updated!

tz101

I heard recently about a court case in California that outlaws early cancellation fees for cell phone contracts. Since this seems like a similar scenario, it might be worth looking into whether this applies to satellite television contracts as well.

Pretty unethical that they "forgot" to inform you of the contract extension.

Kind of convenient on their part. Best wishes and my prayers are with you.

View more comments (3)
Loss

Directv cancellation fees

for consumers thinking about getting directv service, don't. they'll get you into a two year contract, then add eighteen months every time you add or cancel a service. especially if you add new equipment they say is free...if you do go with them...never, never never, ever give them your credit or debit card number...pay everything by check or cash.....when you give them your credit card number, they will duduct any fees they call (under there policy) because you have givem them authorization to use your credit card... if AT&T U-verse is available in your are get it....they an HD quality picture and are way cheaper than directv or comcast.

You people are pathetic, paranoid and are probably liberal Democrats that think everyone should get everything for nothing as well. For anyone that thinks that all businesses are out to get you I would encourage you to get professional help immediately before you kill again. While occasionally one of you may have been victim of an error or perhaps even an intentional act of deception for the most part most of you are simply clueless or qualify as perpetrators of fraud yourselves.

A company the size of DIRECTV has a legal department the size of a small Midwestern town that advises them on every policy and practice that they employ. Now I'm not saying that there are no instances of an individual that works for DIRECTV misleading a customer, intentionally or unintentionally. But as a corporate entity DIRECTV has everything to lose by setting policy and engaging in practices that are detrimental to its bottom line. The only way to avoid attrition is keep the customers you have happy so they will tell others.

DIRECTV has about 18 million customers and they continue to grow. Apparently most of those 18 million are pretty well satisfied because DIRECTV has been ranked #1 in customer satisfaction for 9 years running. If they were p-i-s-s-i-n-g (Funny isn't it, that a website that is called Pissed Consumer won't let the word *** be used in posts. Pretty hypocritical.) off even 1% of their customers there would be about 180,000 people or so that should be posting on this site yet there is only a handful. Now of the 18 million or so people who are DIRECTV customers they are either 18 million of the stupidest people on the face of the Earth or the less than 1% who claim to have been duped are. Which is it? My money is on the 180,000 or less.

DIRECTV agents are trained for 2 weeks before they take a single call. Then they go through another 2 weeks of On-The-Job training under the watchful eye of trainers. And once they are allowed to take calls without extremely close supervision they are subject to frequent monitoring to ensure that they deliver a quality consumer experience. Every call an agent takes is recorded and archived. They are required to quote accurate pricing based on what they are told by the prospective customer. If the customer attempts or does provide inaccurate information in an attempt to get service or discounts they are not entitled to how does the DIRECTV or one of its agents have responsibility for inaccurate pricing or information that could result. Agents are required to inform all customers that they are leasing, not buying equipment and upon termination of services the equipment must be returned to DIRECTV or the credit or debit card that they provided when they became a DIRECTV customer would be charged for the cost of the equipment. Customers are told to review their 1st bill and the Customer Agreement that is included carefully and to keep both for their records. New customers are told the length of their agreement and if they break that agreement due to early cancellation then they are subject to early cancellation fees. Currently this is $20 per month left in the agreement term. It will be charged to the credit or debit card they provided when they set up service.

You see, when someone calls to sign up for DIRECTV some do not listen closely to what they are being told. It is my assessment that those who claim to have wronged are probably among those who wanted to rush through the sign-up process, argued with the agent about the length of the agreement, felt the cancellation fees were unfair or just ignored any information that the agent provided that didn't line up with their own personal perception of what they did or didn't have to do to hold up their end of the bargain. They think that to provide TV service as content rich as what DIRECTV provides is free, that DIRECTV gets 100% profit from every dollar they take in. Get a clue. Every business that exists today makes an investment and has an expense before any profit is made. DIRECTV is no different. Typically it takes DIRECTV at least 18 months to break even on a new customer. Let me repeat that for the really thick-headed among you. It typically takes 18 months for DIRECTV to break even on the installation and set-up of a new customer. No business exists to just break even and no business continues to exist if they don't make a profit. Since its establishment DIRECTV has continually improved its service, content and technology. No business in the television service provider industry has a record as good as DIRECTV.

Some people complain that satellite TV use to be free. Really? If I recall a satellite system with a dish the size of Rhode Island ran about $8000 or more. That is about 6 years of DIRECTV service with the Premier package that contains over 285 channels of the most popular programming content available. No other TV service provider has anything even close. Of course, one does not have to have a TV service provider. For those of you who think TV should be free as your God given right, you can put up an antenna and get reception of local channels if you can get a strong enough signal. But shut your pie hole and don't complain when there is nothing to watch on TV or there is 30 minutes of program content and 30 minutes of advertising to pay for “free” TV. Or maybe you can watch programming content provided on the Internet that is free. But my friends, that is not free either. You either at least have to have Internet service which is not free, you are a mooch who only gets WI-fi from places like Starbucks or McDonald's (God love ya) or you are stealing service from someone. Who is the unethical one now?

Are you familiar with the Pareto Principle? I doubt it. Simply put 80% of effects are derived by 20% of causes. It is also referred to as the 80-20 Rule. How does it have relevance to this monologue? 80% of the problems/complaints are generated by 20% of the customers a company has. These disgruntled people also increase the expense of doing business and guess who gets to cover the bill? The 80 percent who are relatively satisfied. Do me/us a favor, go kill yourselves now, before you cost me/us another penny. I/we will be eternally grateful.