Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Directv in El Monte, California - Robbed without a gun aka: Identity Theift!!!!

Due a financial set back my service was discontinued for non-payment and before I could make a payment and before my next paycheck. direct-tv deducted $221.01 from my checking account. Putting my checking account into overdraft that cost an additional $33.00 worth of bank charges. Not only did I not authorize this transaction but, the lettle money that was in the account was slatted for the IRS. Other than te Federal Goverent how is that someone an just go in to you account and seize you money? I feel like I been robbed without a gun!!!! My question is aren't they suppose to get a judgment or something? And even then a judgement has to granted by a court!!!!! My recommendations to all "DO NOT PAY ANY BILLS: VIA INTERNET AND /OR TELEPHONE" Don't give them the control of your bank account!!!!!!!! You don't know who working for these folks. They've got our SS#, driver license# and last but, not least access to your bank account. I feel that I am a victim of identity theft?
Review

Directv in Wallingford, Connecticut - Direct tv lied to me!

I was lied to by direct tv! I was supposed to get certain channels which I didn't get, and the price is higher than what was promissed. I was told I could get another reciever for free later on without an extra contract. I now have to pay over 250$ for it! I have been a customer for a week now and I keep finding out more things that I do not like. I will never get service from this company again and hope that people will be very carefull when dealing with Direct tv. Get the operator number and a written aggrement of what is expected including a written price before agreeing to set up service. These people are crafty and will tell you they need to get a deposit now or the package wont be available. This is a scam! Do not believe them. They have stolen a 20$ deposit from me as well. I have truely learned my lesson with direct tv and will never trust a company again!
Review

Directv took $356.20 out of my bank account without any authorization.

Directv took 356.20 out of my bank account without any authorization. When I called, they said it was because I did not fulfill my 24 month contract I signed on my DVR. I asked for a copy of this contract and she emailed me the Directv consumer agreement. This had no mention of a 24 month contract. I waited on the phone and pointed this out to her. She said if I wanted a copy of my contract, I would have to have my attorney contact their legal department. I have been a Directv customer since June 2004. The only reason I had to cancel was because I moved to a new community that faces the wrong direction for me to receive service. She also mentioned because my husband called in to cancel our service, this automatically gave them permission to charge my debit card, my card, my account, with my name on it. Not likely! It just goes to show what loyalty to a company will get you. After being a huge Directv supporter for the last 4 years, I am going to do everything in my power to make sure consumers realize the lack of concern this company truly shows for its customers. I just want my refund on this fee for this fictitious contract. Then maybe one day I will consider forgiving the company and going back to them.

It took almost a year but they finally issued me a check as a refund. My advice, do not give up. Keep harassing them.

Well finally. Persistence wore off.

I called every week like clock work and finally, December 30th, they credited me.

Keep calling them!! They will cave.

ive been dealing with the same issues 10 years with them and they treat you like garbage, my tivo broke i called them and word for word from the it at the other end NO CHARGE YOU JUST NEED TO PAY SHIPPING i said thats fine its just like tivo rite the it said yes it is. well now that ive cancelled my service after having a dvr now not a tivo box for 3 1/2 months there trying to charge me $366.??.

ive sent this to the better business buero, they are helping i deal with directv threw them now. everybody needs to send there complaints to them

I am sorry to hear what Directv did to you. They did the same to me and caused me so much strain on my bank acct.

They took a total of 419.00 out of my acct on dec 24th. I had cancelled july 17, 08. I have the email to verify that i cancelled and they still robbed me. They caused me also to have 330.00 in service fees.

My bank is standing by me and they said that they had problems with other customers dealing with directv. I am not going to give up, i will do what ever it takes to get my money back. I am going to file a police report if they do not follow through. This was FRAUD in my book and wrong.

If you go to thesqueakywheel.com they have tons of complaints also. I will never deal with them again.

I was with them for 12 yrs and they did this to me. Have a good evening.

View more comments (3)

Directv in Denver, Colorado - Direct TV Screwed by HD formatting

OK so DTV comes out with the HD programming. At the time they had 6 channels. Knowing they would be having more i jump on board. I get the Hughes HD TIVO Box. I paid over 300.00 threw them for it. All's well for about a month then they decide to go with a different formatting and they tell no one. Now the people (I for one) that paid for this box can't upgrade to there new formatting service. For over a year I go round and round with them and they don't know the problem. Well finally one of the genius' there figures out that my Hughes box is not compatible with there new formatting to receive HD. They told me that they are working on an upgrade for my box but that never happened. SO I call back about 8 months later and see if they had the upgrade for me. What do think there answer was. So now they want to charge me for this new box. So you know I spit nails at them right away and how I have been sitting on the HD box waiting for an update. I end up hanging up. About 6 months later i call back and now they say no problem sir we'll send out a new box and your all taken care of. What they failed to tell me is that upon receipt of this box you are now signed up for a 2 year agreement with Direct TV. So yea I got HD but a 2 year agreement. Talk about pissed. Oh they suck so bad I can't even see straight they got me so pissed. Talk about a company of rip-off artists. They are right there with my Sprint cell phone that I can't seem to get away from renewing my contract. Anything I do seems to renew my contract. Make sure before you sign up ask questions like if I don't like the service how can i CXL. But DTV are a bunch of shysters with *** customer service. Know exactly what your signing up for or in my case was not aware what I signed up for. Oh and they didn't want to hear it after I told them that I was not informed of this agreement.

Directv in Goldsboro, North Carolina - Class action Law Suite Against Direct TV

In a Nut shell It happen to me to. Customer of 4 years had a broken receiver was issued a new receiver all I had to pay for was shipping and handling, I was told. Sent me out another broken receiver. 4 days into this and I had it. I canceled my services, took a look at my account and they took $338.32 out. Oh My GOD.. I called them spoke to three different people. Nothing... Any Lawyers out there who want to take this on please help us. I have contacted 5 on your side in my town, BBB, And THE FTC. Get this the woman at the FTC( Federal Trade Commission)say she has been hearing this alot about direct tv. very important that you file a claim with them. phone number is 877-382-4357. Also your local BBB. also Consumer Protection, in your area, the FTC can give you the number. Direct TV will be giving me my money back, how about you. Call your Attorney General. If you are interested contact me remember there is strength in numbers. DTVfraud@Gmail.com

After reading thesereports, other Direct TV consumer reports, and my own experience. here is what I have learned.

basicly "the computer system" is EVIL. The people that answer the phone will tell you anything to get you off the phone. Realize that if the get fired from this gig, it's back to the night shift at 7-11 or lap dancing at the local truck stop. If you talk to Marely in Bombay.

realize if he issues you a credit he'll be back charming Cobra's in the street.

Direct TV is set up to charge you what ever they deem to be the price and not make good on the initial DEAL. I e-mailed the CEO and got a call back from the biggest A#@holes I have ever heard. Here's the CEO's email address...chase.carey@directv.com

Bottom line it's not you. The company is evil.

My advice stay away from Direct TV. They lie, and don't care.

I truly wish I had read about Direct TV before signing up. I have never experienced customer service as terrible as theirs.

I signed up for auto-pay, and asked if I could arrange for the amount to be taken out on a specific date. The CSR said no problem and set it for the 16th of each month. When I went on the website and viewed my account information, it said payment due 7/16, auto payment scheduled for 7/16. Well, they took the money out on the 11th instead.

The first check of the month is the tightest one, and as a result, I had over $300 in NSF charges because of them. The bastards adopted a "sucks to be you" attitude, and told me I was out of luck. I've had nothing but problems with these guys. I thought Comcast was bad, but DirectTV is much worse.

Don't even get me started on the rebate bull.

Stay away from them. Don't make my mistake.

So, DirecTV sent me to collections over $41 for movies rented back in Feb'07!! I never rec'd a bill or a call, just sent to collections.

When I asked for an explanation, they listed the movies, including 2 adult movies, which were almost $25 just for those alone! I can go buy an Xrated movie to watch over & over for that much! I emailed asking for a response & was told to pay my bill or risk my credit rating being tarnished! WHAT????

I now have reported them to the BBB & am at this very moment, waiting for a call from a manger. I won't hold my breath! Does anyone remember what movies they watched in Feb'07? I have NO recourse for this & am totally pissed because I pride myself on paying all bills timely - IN FULL.

Does anyone out there just pay bills that come in that you don't know what they're for without questioning them? I don't & don't plan on it either, but how can I keep my credit rating in tact at this point? I HATE DirecTV! I only initially got it because when we bought our new house, I was told that Cox Communications didn't have service, which was a HUGE ERROR!!

I had nothing but problems. Seemed every time the wind changed directions, I lost service.

We were going to just pay for it again for the football pkg, but I'd rather spend money for drinks at a bar to watch my games than to EVER deal with DirecTV EVER again! They suck, they're unprofessional & most of all, they the biggest rip off I've ever experienced!!

View more comments (2)

Directv in Washington, District Of Columbia - Installation Nightmare

ordered direct TV on wednesday and was told installation would occur on saturday. Surprised by such a quick installation I asked them not to tell that they would be here and waste my day make it easy on yourself I told them but do not tell me anything they could not do. They did not show up!!! They did not call!!!!!!!!! for a 12-4 installation they called at 1930 and said there weren't coming due to an emergency. They begged for a new installation date the next day SUNDAY. I finally agreed after warning them several times that I wasted one day on them and was not going to waste another. You guessed it they did not show Sunday either. They did call and lied to me about a technical problem with my equipment. after waiting to speak to a supervisor for 13.45 minutes they hung up on me. I called back and they said all supers were in the field. I said tell me what the technical problem was: Her response was "WE ARE LOCKED OUT OF OUR WAREHOUSE AND CANNOT GET THE SUPPLIES". I said a problem with the door or the installer does not have a key. She said the installers do not have keys. So they don't trust him in their warehouse but want to send him to my house. Called DISH NETWORK....

Cant believe what I've been through with Directv

My saga started 5 weeks ago. I called them that I wanted to upgrade my equipment to HD receivers and dish. They set up an appointment time. It was confirmed two days before the appointment date. No one showed up. I complained and got 3 months free Showtime/Movie Channel and a new appointment date. That date came, no one showed up. I was furious, got $100 off on my bill, and a third appointment date. That third date was yesterday, no one showed up again. I called the installing agent for Directv directly (Skylink) they said they spoke to a supervisor and they would make a special run out on Sunday morning (today) and "if there is a problem with them not being able to come, a supervisor themself would be out to work on it". No one showed up today. Tomorrow I'll call Skylink again, get a 5th installation date. Then call Directv for another hour long phone call being bounced around to numerous people, to complain again and request $200 credit for these last two missed appointments (their policy is afterall, $100 credit for any missed appointments after the initial date). What is up with Directv and/or the ones they chose to do their installation? Well, if we ever do get someone out here to do our HD equipment, it is off to the Better Business Bureau and to email the CEO of Directv himself (yes I have his email address). What I have gone through, sitting around for days waiting for an installer is nuts.

Your notes sound like the letter I just emailed to the CEO of Directv. I had a week from *** with these people!! At one point I locked myself in the bathroom to verify the guys who were in my house!

dtv

If you don't mind I would love to forward my letters to direct tv CEO. please email DTVfraud@gmail.com

View more comments (1)
Review

Directv in King George, Virginia - Took $875 fr my acct without my consent refuse to refund

I paid this acct with my checkcard which is in my husbands name before. The idiots took out 875.00 from my account without my authorization. Claims they can since the money was owed to them.The agreement we made was that if I reconnected the service and allowed them to keep what we owed for service previously, they would give me a refund in 3-4 business days for refund. That came and went. Called back was told refund was never filed that it wouldnt be available for at least 14 business days a refund was not guaranteed and may just have to accept 675.00 of Direct TV credit,and not to call back till then and refused to give me a supervisor. Called back the info didnt sound right was turned over to some very rude lady. Told me they would call me when they were ready to give me the refund

Directv in Sharpsville, Pennsylvania - Misled - misinformed

I had dtv installed may of 08, under the impression that local channels would be available to me. Yes, locals are available, but not out of my home state. I live in western pa, expecting pittsburgh locals, i got youngstown oh. locals. needless to say i'm a huge steelers fan, i'll get the browns as my local. They have set me up, now i'll have to purchase sunday ticket, that's bull. i've inquired about there neiboring locals, that seems to be false advertisement!!!, customer service has been a nightmare. I don't reccomend dtv to anyone. Further more, billing, they use funny math, on your promotions, even thought they give you credits, they tax the whole amount, money in their pockets.
Review

DirecTV charged for service not provided.

DirecTV called and said exchange of dishes was necessary. Technician came to exchange, said I didn't have an HD receiver, and would return on Monday. How could I not have an HD receiver? I've been paying for HDTV for the last year! DirecTV service representative verified that I had been paying for what I had not recieved, offered $5 credit for 12 months, Showtime for 3. Bull! I wanted refund. Her supervisor said take the deal or be given nothing. DirecTV is a thief. They steal, the customer pays, and nothing can be done. Cancelling service costs extra.