Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Directv in Vacaville, California - HD Package a Marketing Scam

I have been a long time Direct Tv subscriber and early adopter of HD Television. I have been a subscriber of the HD premium package and have enjoyed all the HD channels they finally have. I was assured that after signing on for the HD package that I would receive all HD channels. Now all of a sudden I am getting a 721 error message stating that I am not a subscriber for 5 channels that I have always watched before. Now they wan't a additional $ 5.00 a month for me to watch shows that I had paid for before. What a Scam. I am now considering other options. This will never end and I am tired of shelling out money to these types of business that change on a whim thier marketing stategies.

I have the exact same problem, although i never got great reception on some of the HD channels that were listed. This tactic has definitely enraged me and I too will look for other options.

Direct TV made no attempt to notify its customers of the coming changes so I am going to request a refund on the extra money I have already paid for the HD channels. One more shining example of poort customer service that seems to have become the norm these days.

Directv in Denver, Colorado - Very bad customer service

We were looking to get DirectTV installed and we were schelduled Mon. from 12-4 ,took time off of work and they were a no show they didn't have the boxes. Then we were re-schelduled for Sat. and they still didn't have the boxes. Why would they re-scheldule us a week later and still not have the boxes. They are a big company and they should have that material and they should be willing to work with us and not try to rescheldule us for another day thinking that's going to fix the problem. They messed up twice and they should be willing to do anything to keep us as customers. The way we were treated is very poor customer service

Directv in Eldon, Missouri - Overcharge

getting overcharged by Directv.com bill should be $51.07 a month with my signing up for $39.99 a month plus i box @$4.99 plus $6.99 for which we all are being taken. They are charging me $62.26 a month. anyone thinking of signing up with this Co. be CAREFUL. From 12/ 07 had them install a dish system for two t.v's they said they could hook up 4 tv's but did not mention anything about having to pay for extra boxes plus the communication tax What statred out as a $39.99 bill is now $62.26. All dish network systems seem to kite their bills.

The billing is always like htis even with other companies. I started out with $130 with comcast, and now the bill is $160....they just keep jacking it up and adding crraap to it all the time.

But atleast comcast has good customer service and they don't charge you for any technical service (onsite support or replacement). They don't even charge a huge fee for their receivers.

Directv in Silver Spring, Maryland - DirectTV Customer Service Is An *** Joke

There are not enough curse words in the English language to describe how I feel about DirecTV at this point. I have been a customer with these people for three years now after dumping Comcast for high cable bills. I have not had one problem from them until I had the "audacity" to want to upgrade our basement TV to an HD DVR box. The problems started when the young technician came to install our box and satellite dish. He informed us that his work order called for him to take one of our two regular DVR boxes and replace it with an HD DVR. Of course this was not correct, he was only supposed to be ADDING the HD DVR to the basement tv not taking our existing boxes in the other rooms. I paid well over $400 for those boxes so WHY would I want them taken away? He called DirecTV to have his work order changed after this was done he proceeded to do his job. Only problem with this is the boy obviously didn't know how to do his job. He kept the original line we had for our old DirecTV box and didn't install a second line to the box to support the second tuner that is in all DVR boxes. The dish also wasn't aligned correctly because we weren't receiving all of our HD channels. However, we didn't find out about the channels or the tuner until after he left. He only gave us the major HD channels probably thinking we would not notice the others or the tuner missing. When we did we immediately contacted DirecTV about the problem. The customer service rep apologized and set us up for another tech call. Now this is when I start getting pissed. The tech came out and promptly told us that he was only here to check the dish not to add another line LIKE WE REQUESTED SEVERAL TIMES TO DIRECTV. Of course we became angry and called Directv AGAIN. The Tech left without so much as looking at the dish, then proceeded to tell his supervisor that we were hostile to him and he couldn't work in a hostile environment. The only thing we asked him was why he wouldn't install the second line to our DVR box. Nothing more. (Directly to him if I catch you on the streets I'll show you what TRUE hostility really means you little ***.) By now Directv is apologizing again and telling us since this was a contractor who came to do our service we have to wait till tomorrow to get a phone call from them about the issue. I waited and I received a terrible telephone message from some out of country line asking me if my previous day service call met my expectations. I called them back and was given to someone who couldn't talk or understand English very well as I had to repeat myself several times before anything was done. She then told me that she did not have a work order number for me and needed that to complete our phone call. You people CALLED me I did not CALL YOU I was returning your phone call. What the *** do you mean you need a work order number. Needless to say I called DirecTV BACK again about this problem. I was transfered to a tech customer service person who tells me that during the time I ordered my HD box I was supposed to request another line be drilled for my second tuner. I let him know that this was the most crazy piece of BS I've ever heard. If I didn't already have TWO DVRs how was I possibly supposed to KNOW to even ASK for the line to be installed or that it needs a second tuner to work right? He tells me that the person is supposed to tell me this over the phone. Well guess what nothing of this sort was even brought up, and I don't believe thats even true. After telling him to just set my appointment for my line to be installed he proceeded to tell me that this was going to cost me $99. WHAT?! I have to pay $99 on top of the $230 you sucked out of me for this box just for DirecTV to drill a second hole into MY HOUSE and put some *** coaxial cable through that hole. I can pay the *** five blocks down $10 bucks for that. By this time I was livid and hung up on that *** hole. I then contacted the supervisor and was told that none of what was quoted to me by the above *** was true. He set up a trouble call for me and the tech supervisor came out two days later and fixed all the problems that started two weeks ago. All I can say is if you don't have DirecTV don't even bother. Make sure you ASK up front even call for a supervisor if you have to cause these people are training their customer service department to lie and steal from customers. Trust me if it wasn't for the fact that I would be charged a $300 early termination fee I would not be with them today.

well.. the customer service sucks in the english dep .. but if u have a litle of patience and call to the spanish dep , they fix all the issues in the first call

Joe, consider yourself lucky that your experiences with DIRECTV has been great. I just has a battle with them with regards to an Unethical and Unjust Early Termination Fee that they were trying to stick me with. After doing a little research on the internet, I saw that I was no where near the only person that this has happened to.

I think the customer service with dtv is great..I haven never had any issues with their equipment or customer service. I have always been treated nicely

View more comments (2)

Directv illegal charges

Directv installer cut into my phone line and cut off my phone service. I reported this to Directv and was told someone would call me back within 24 hours. No one ever called me. I had to call my local phone company to repair my phone line. Their Customer Serivce is unfamiliar with what services they offer. I had constant technical problems. Their downloading programming into my receiver caused my unit to me stuck on one channel. They told me the only way to fix it was to erase everything on my DVR. I had finally had enough and wanted to cancel the service. The Customer Serviced Agreeement stated they could charge me $15.00. I canceled the service and they have been trying to charge me $212.00 saying I entered into a two year service agreement, yet the installer never provided me with a two year agreement like he was supposed, so I never signed anytbing. Directv is dishonest, incompetent and unethical. I can see by complaints online that I am not an isolated case.

:( directv is a piece of *** they have the worst customer service , even worst than sprint (and thats pretty bad). i got charged for cancelation fees and i never canceled they couldnt install the satellite so they closed my account.

but they still decided to charge me a cancelation fee. so i called once i noticed that on my bank account.i call directv and they apologize (bs)and said they would put the money back into my account with in 8-10 days (more bs) it has been a month! with in this month i have called several times. they have told me that they wur so sorry (more bs) and i was "escalated to someone who could do something".

that "supervisor" said that they where going to put the money back into my account manually and to give it a couple of hours. (more bs) it has been 4 days since.

dtv

A customer of 4 years. I have fallen victim to direct TV.

They have charged me $338.23, for early termination. However I was not under contract. . 2 weeks ago one of my receivers died, they sent me a new receiver, told me I would be billed shipping and handling of $19.99 for the receiver.

What I got was a broken receiver and poor customer service. Four days later, of rebooting and trouble shooting and still nothing. They would not send a tech to my home, and failed at fixing the problem, so I requested cancellation. Once transferred they where willing to do what they should of done all along, and send a tech....

BUT WAIT THERE'S A CATCH. requires 18 mo commitment. hmmm.. NO THANK YOU, cancel my services.

long story short, I denied there offer and days later I was billed $338.23. OH MY GOD.... I almost lost it. Four calls later.

Sorry there is nothing we can do, it is correct. I never signed a contract, agreed to a contract or was advised that I was under a contract, per direct TV because of the new leased receiver that was sent to my home, I agreed to a new contract. Hello!!! last time I checked you need consent, not to mention putting your hands in my checking account and helping your self to $338.23 of my Mortgage payment.

CLASS ACTION LAW SUITE. I am looking for a few individuals with the same issue. email me at DTVfraud@gmail.com. There is no way they are getting away with stealing my money.

Here is what I have done so far. Document everything keep up with names, dates, and times. Contact your local BBB, FTC (federal trade commission) and Consumer Protection ( your Attorney general) You will be given case numbers keep your records. EVERY PERSON WHO FALLS VICTIM TO DIRECT TV CALL SHOULD DO THIS.

877-382-4357. Get this, I was told by the rep who took my claim at the FTC that she has been receiving this same complaint regarding direct TV, a lot. That tells me there is a serious problem Also I have contacted 5 on your side a local news station in my area who goes out to help resolve these case. Please email me if you are ready and serious about resolving this matter.

ATTORNEY'S WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!!

They will not get a penny of my money. what about yours.

View more comments (1)
Loss

Directv in Fredericksburg, Virginia - Direct TV Add On Charges and Poor Customer Service

I never liked these guys because it seems they want nothing more to keep adding to your bill. I became aware that my picture was half size the other night during a ballgame on a special baseball package I purchased. This is on my wide screen TV. I called the 800 # and first the guy told me that I needed to buy additional HD coverage to get the games for $50 to get the full screen. Then, when the screen didn't increase, he said he'd have to set up a service call for me - which would cost $80 or if I wanted a year's plan -- $40 plus $6 per month thereafter. I talked to 2 people - one a sales guy and the other a tech guy. When the service guy came today, he said something about realigning the dish but it was a ruse! The problem was a button on the remote than I had apparently inadvertently pushed that made the picture smaller. The button was the format button. It had nothing to do with HD!!! Needless to say I was livid. The repair guy saw the situation and didn't charge me on his end. Then I had to spend a half hour with customer service on my end to explain and get the charges removed that were charged the previous night. If someone had trained these phone people to diagnose a simple problem with a button on the remote I wouldn't have to go through this!!!

check out classactionworld.com

Directv in Irvine, California - Direct tv billing harassment

every month by bill is different and i am on the phone for hours to dispute it....the latest...automatic renewal of last years baseball package...an extra $40 a month for 4 months...when i called and told them i didnt want it ( the baseball package ) they told me it was automatic renewal and there was nothing I could do about it.....but oh....they were willing to take $5 bucks of the bill....what a joke. Does anyone have an idea about what to do....I am starting with cancelling my service and not paying a cent until a court tells me otherwise.

We recently canceled service because of the increasing bills, overseas customer service( could barely communicate with the and they would hang up) and everyday they call, sometimes up to 3 times a day with the automated pay service, for the small amount of money owed. This is harassment and I've never had this happen before from any company. They are a horrible company I advise you to dump them.

I have cancelled my direct TV subscription after multiple times when service was interrupted. I paid my last bill with them and even returned their reciever unit.

The then sent me a bill for $87.00, because I cancelled my service.

No where did I agree or sign up to pay a cancellation fee if I was dissatisfied with their service. This bill will NOT be paid.

Direct TV I think makes rules as they go, this is has to stop!!!!! I'm with who ever is not paying Direct TV a *** cent!!!!!!!

I'm having the exact same issue at this very moment! What a joke this is!

View more comments (3)

Directv in Madisonville, Kentucky - Terrible customer service

When ever I need to talk to customer service at Direct TV the experience is frustrating and very time consuming. I hate dealing with them. When you call you are on the phone for a minimum of 1 hour, most of that time on hold. How can this company possibly expect customer retention with these types of policies. When they ask why you want to cancel they start to try to sell you to stay!? What the? The service itself is so unpredictable, often times the quality of the image gets pixelated or is unreliable. I do not recommend this company to anyone.

DIRECT TV...TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL!!!! No one answers their phones, they lie about fees and then hike them at will.

TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE service!! STAY AWAY from them.

Their customer services is horrible!!!

It seems as if I always have some sort of billing issue with them every month, and I'm always calling and talking to their untrained, unskilled, and unprofessional customer services representatives.

I was being billed for a service called that I was never informed of, I was told at the time of the call that were was not going to be any charge as the previous technician who came out to my site has "accidently" cut one of the wires which resulted in us not receiving the channels that we were paying for. When the technician has finally arrive at my house, once again, I asked him if we were being billed for this services... and he said no... A month later, what do you know, I notice a service call charge for $79.95! Why am I paying for this amount when it was their mishap to begin with.

So as an upset customer calling to resolve this billing issue, I encountered horrible customer service! It's unacceptable to have a customer services representatives to not only NOT be able to help you, but yet talk back to you in such a rude manner.

As a result of these issues, and after 5 month our of our 18 month agreement, I've decided to just terminate the contract with Direct TV. It's just not worth my time.

After numberous issues with Direct TV, I will never go back consider going back to their services nor would I ever recommend them to anyone else.

View more comments (1)
Review

Directv in Warren Township, New Jersey - DIRECT TV'S DECEPTION AND AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE

I took Direct TV service from June 2006 in Warren, NJ. Direct TV offered me free installtion. I spend over a month and worked with 5 Direct TV installers(subs) to install my direct Tv services. Installer explained to me that they would like to install only one room easy installtion. They make only $25/extra line instlltion after 1st line. Therefore, I had to make calls after call to get direct Tv installer at my home(5 room installation). finally, I had to pay extra to Direct TV subs to make my system work. Now last week I ordered HD upgrade and paid for the upgrade. I waited all day Tuesday, march 26th for Direct installer (Direct Stat from PA). No one showed up or called. I couldn't get through the line. I got through on wednesday, march27th and got reappointment on Saturday, March 29th. Again, I waited all Saturday and no one showed up. After many hours in telephone, finally two guys showed up on Sunday midday. They refused to install without extra money. I bought two HD TVS and I am pissed!
#12012

Had good service for many years until original vidio recorder failed. Paid to have it replaced with a piece of junk that never worked!

Direct TV was not able to help and, after finaly leaving them, charged me for "early termination of contract" on a unit that NEVER WORKED OUT OF THE BOX! Beware!!!!!!!

before buying their line BS! They do not deserve your business!

Loss

Directv in Washington, District Of Columbia - The contract was waved and signed by the installer!

When I re-ordered Direct TV I was told I didn't have to have a contract. When the unit was installed they wanted me to sigh the contract and I refused so the installer called the office and was instructed to wright on the contract that the agreement was waved as per Direct TV with his initales and ID#. About 1-1/2 years later I droped the service and was billed a disconnect fee. I made a photo copy of the agreement and sent it to Direct TV and they said the installer had no right to wave the agreement and want me to pay the disconnect fee. I have been in several contract signings and when someone makes a change in a contract that is how it is done. I called my attorney and he said I would have no way of knowing that the installer didn't have the right to do that and that makes it legally binding and would stand up in any court. He said don't pay it and I should file a law suit if they put it into collection. (therbob@hotmail.com)