Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Directv in Houston, Texas - Disconnected my service after promising not to.

A Directv Customer Service Representative call me at home. I had made an agreement with the Represenative that my satellite service would not be interupted because I am on Social Security and I only get paid one time a month. 4-5 days later Directv disconnected my satellite service. When I called to complain I got the big run around. I was told by the Representative that have to pay the bill in full before my satellite service will be reinstated. I was told that my account had note notes of the call and agreement from 4-5 days ago.

Chances are, you were not speaking with Directv but rather ALLIED INTERSTATE, a rogue collection agency. ALLIED INTERSTATE has a new scam going where they are calling alleged debtors on accounts, not necessarily Directv accounts, and claiming to be from Directv in order to get contact information from the debtor. This would explain why Directv has no record of your call.

Failing to identify yourself as a debt collector is illegal and deceptive. However, so few people complain or hold ALLIED INTERSTATE accountable that it is worthwhile to the collection agency to engage in the illegal and unethical conduct.

PLEASE contact an attorney from the National Association of Consumer Advocates and hold them accountable for their actions! We need to make these bottom feeder collection agencies pay for breaking the law.

:cry pay your bill on time

View more comments (1)

Directv in Colorado Springs, Colorado - Installer walked

My installer mounted my dish twice. When I took pictures of holes he took his ladder and went home leaving mount on house, dish in yard, holes in walls and no cable run. I could never get in contact with anyone. I kept leaving messages but no one called back. Two days into the install and no contact. I have been on hold for hours. I have been assured that someone will call me, no one does. The local installer manager was supposed to call me but he did not. I waited around all day waiting for something to happen.
tmaster

Yea I dont blame him if your going to be a complaining customer then he wont likely get paid so its best for him if he just aborts. Holes in the wall are the customers problem to fix on a abort.

On the other problem ofoof mounts they should always be rejected wall mounts are fine.

You said your pitcture was bad? If the dish was really in the wrong place you would not get any picture.

My DIRECTV installer refused to get out his ladder and install my satellite on the roof as I had requested. Instead, he placed it down low on the side of the house.

I could barely get a picture on my TV but was informed that I would have to pay for a service call if another installer were to come out to fix the problem. The installer placed the satellite too low - why should I have to pay?

View more comments (1)
Loss

Directv in Los Angeles, California - Monthly Service Charge Goes Up! Up! Up!

I've had DirecTV for 6 years and it seems I'm on the phone with their complaint department every 3 months because they do not give me what they promise they will, over the phone. 'Over the phone'? This was my first mistake; making a verbal contract with DirecTV. However, I continued/continue to pay what I agreed to, while they kept rasing my bill and adding late fees. I will not cancel, but I will let them pull the plug on me, then, when they refer my account to a collection agency and taint my perfect credit, then will I sue. I have saved all the e-mail correspondence with DirecTV and we will see who wins this battle, in court. I realize I'm light-years from this ever happening, but I'm ready!

interesting, if we all took that approach then shouldn't we sue the gas companys for doing the same thing?

Directv in Reston, Virginia - Misleading Advertising

I connected to Direct TV in January 2007 to see World cup cricket. Was told I had to agree to a one year contract. The promotion package that I responded to was for $40/month. The service during this time was average..not better than my previous provider.But I didn't mind because I had a year. I noted my bill went up this month by $9. I called Direct TV and was told my "credits" and "adjustments" are up, and guess what.....?, my contract is not one year, but two, and if I choose to leave termination fees apply. Is this how business is done in this Country..?

Directv in Waynesburg, Pennsylvania - Dirct TV not doing their job properly

Direct tv is the worst company I had them shut mine off in september of 2001. I was sent a final bill of $85 which was paid in full. Later down the road I was sent a bill for October and November of the same year. I refused to pay it they said they took care of it. It was put to a credit company and put on my aunts because we have the same name different addresses. Still not taken care of I will never recommend this company to anyone at all. What a rip off. They should be sued.

Direct TV promised channels it didn't deliver. I called to cancel the service and they agreed to add the promised channels free.

When I received my bill they had charged for the channel and informed me that I could not cancel since the 3 days grace period was up.

I initally called before the grace period and was up lied to so that I would not cancel. This is deceptive and should be agains the law.

After 10 years of service we disconnected with Direct tv. We could get the same service with newer equipment, tivo, etc. for 1/3 the price. They were not willing to give us a better rate. $9o plus a month, which is over a thousand a year, is horrendous for tv-especially when we work fulltime. We found we could pay so much less, so we called to let them know we wanted our line disconnected tonight after 5:00. They disconnected us last night. They said it was human error-and couldn't easily be reconnected. Right! It was -------- you! We'll disconnect you early.

This is another industry that has gotten so out of hand, just like telephones/cellphones. Once it's done, there is some upkeep but the service is not always reliable and the consumer pays way too much of their income.

People wonder why so many can't make it today. It's because we get nickel and dimed, or today multi-dollared every where we turn. Phones, tv, internet, BANKS, CREDIT CARDS, gas, utilities, groceries, etc. So many of our products we purchase are junk. Our grandparents bought appliances that lasted many years, some of those are still working, today we're lucky to get two to five years out of anything.

Yes the recession was due in a large part to the banking and stock industry, but overall, it's because we are getting screwed at every angle possible. ANd Direct tv is there to give it to you just like so many other companies.

We were thinking of getting Direct TV but they just rolled my sister in law for extra monthly fees. They increased my sister-in-law's service from $50/mo to $75/mo because she was the contact for an elderly friend, to help the elderly person out with her bills.

(The service was in the name of the elderly friend at the elderly friend's home.) And when the elderly friend was late on a couple of payments Direct TV increased my sister-in-law's own monthly service fee.

So FORGET Direct TV. I will let at least 10 people know.

I too was taken to the cleaners with Direct Tv, all the things they told me I never got, including 3 free premium channels, nope, 1, my local channels, wrong, they now tell me they arent available in my area.

My package was supposed to be 29.99 plus 10.00 for the receivers, wrong, I now have a 70.61 bill, oh and the rebate of 24.00 per month it takes 6-8 weeks, and I was supposed to get on the computer and do this prior to service installation, which they did not mention. I now am stuck with this service for 2 years, or face $480.00 cancellation fees, I can not believe how big of scammers they are....Tell you what, I would never recommend them to anyone, not ever.

I live in Cullman, AL. We were on local cable Windjammer.

Last Fall my husband, Walter, who is critically ill with severe Diabetis and COPD, 72 years old and had Dementia. He ordered Direct TV wile I was away. When the 3rd party installer came, he was high on something and keep leaving and coming back. He had cable wires everywhere and left them that way.

On the outside he left them on top of the ground. He had my husband sign the contract and he's not mentally capable of even understanding it. The service was horrible, cable wires strung everywhere, connected wrong. We immediately began to complain and didn't want the service.

They refused to listen and just put us off then said it was too late to cancel with out a fine. After a couple of very unhappy months and me informing them that my husband had not been capable to sign a contract, I didn't even know about it. We had it cut off and went back to Windjammer Cable Service. They are sending us a 400.00 early disconnect charge, even calling us at 11:00 O'clock at night.

That is Harrassment of elderly people. I consider it a bogus charge and don't intend to pay. At his age and health condition who cares if it goes to a collection agency.

They should be paying us. Any help out there??

you got into a *** match with versus but you charge for it in package thats bull :?

View more comments (5)

Directv in Chicago, Illinois - Never showed up for HD dish upgrade

I wanted to up-grade my dish with a hd dish. called made an appointment, eight hours later nobody shoed up. valled direct tv, on waiting for a half hour. wound up, nobody put the work order in. called again, same stuff on the phone on hold for a half hour. was promised an instalation the next day. if not, told them when they do come past the instalation time, just take down the satalite that is on the house. direct tv. what a joke. should of went with dish network. i should of stayed with comcast, at least they handle their product better

Maybe you should stick with an off air antenna, that way you don't have to deal with comcast, dish, directv then you will have nothing to *** about except your very own antenna.

Directv in Cabazon, California - Direct TV - Worst Costumer Service Ever

Direct TV left me a message that my HD service would be discontinued unless it was upgraded. I spent a whole day waiting for them to arrive. They finally called at 4 pm. That were at a house we lived in 3 years prior. Not sure why, they moved the service to the new house for us. Next, we spend 2 nights, a total of 3 hours on the phone to have them fix the problem on the phone. They ended up taking away all our stations. Than they came out on a Sunday to try to fix. The service man can give us a new receiver, put could not upgrade the dish, since that was a problem, it just wasted our time. Than they scheduled a Friday to install the new dish and 2 new receivers in the house. But it has to be 2 different service calls. The 1st showed up to install the new dish, but the 2nd never showed or returned my calls. Now they are scheduled once again to show up Thursday between 4 pm - 8 pm to install the new receivers. They show up at 1 pm!!! and they can't install the receivers. There work order is wrong!! This all takes place over 5 weeks. Don't ever go with Direct TV unless you want to grow old before your time.
Loss
I honestly don't think any of us would ever sign up for DirecTV if we actually read the Customer Agreement and thought about it. I just called them to see why I suddenly was no longer getting 5 HD channels I've been watching since I signed up. I was told they...

I just called to have an additional reciever installed. That makes 7 total in my home.

By doing so I have to agree to their new customer agreement. Which is if I cancel their service within the next 24 months. I would have to pay $20 per box for the remainder of the 24 months after the new box is installed. That would be $1400.

Wow...they are getting scary. If I just keep the old and don't add the new box. I am under the old agreement. They are scaring me into moving to a new provider.

How do they get away with this? I pay $130 a month as it is.

View more comments
Review
#111978 Review #111978 is a subjective opinion of poster.
I have been with DirectTV from the first days of PrimeStar and have just cancelled my service. Two years ago I bought a DirectTv HD-DVR receiver from Best Buy for $500. I also bought a 50" Plasma system for over $5K. For the last two years of buying this system...

Always call Directv and give them the receiver id number. They will be able to tell you if the receiver is leased or owned.

View more comments
Review
#111959 Review #111959 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Directv in Stillwater, Minnesota - DIRECT TV is a worst company..

DIRECT TV is the worst company I have ever had to deal with my entire life. Customer service is terrible. They keep on passing you around to different people and they are so rude. when you talked to customer service it feels like they just doing you a favor.. And if you order the package deal that you want they will give you the different one and charge you so much money and get stuck on it. its a trap! they have hidden charges so dont ever give them your account info. they can take your money out of your account without your consent. i am a victim. They have a poor service and *** receiver. everytime you have problem with their receiver/signal which you will always have, if you complain they gonna charge you for service call everytime you complain. Never deal with direct tv if you dont want to have a worst stress of yourlife... I will NEVER recommend Direct tv ever...

I ordered a DVR box online for a second bedroom. I installe dthe receiver myself.

I called Direct TV to activate the second receiver. To my surprise the broken english speaking rep told me I would have to pay 4.99 a month plus a forced DVR fee which I told her I didnt want that. I have had service with Direct TV for 3 years with no problems until I added the second receiver. So My bill went from 39.99 to 81.00 a month which I said repeatly I didnt want the fricking DVR fee added.

I called to cancel tonight because I am moving and Direct TV wants to charge me since I ordered a second receiver a cancellation fee of 200.00 because I orderd another reciever box. How can they get away with these hidden and RIDULOUS charges.

I am calling a lawyer so nobody else gets this kind of treatment. DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH DIRECT TV.

I agree DirectTv is a ripoff. I pay over $50 a month for basic service and it isn't worth it.

If something happens to the equipment they charge an arm and a leg to come out and check it or fix it at their convenience. At least some of you were notified of a raise in the rate. I started out with this at $19.99 a month which is plenty for what you get and have never been notified of raises. I never know until it shows up on my bill.

I have also inquired about their internet.

The price is so ridiculous it isn't funny. You'd think the receiver is made of pure gold or something. They need to bring down the prices especially for senior citizens who only watch a few channels.

I've asked about that as well for my mother. She never watches anything but local channels and once in a while Hallmark or TV Land yet she has to pay over $50 a month for maybe an hour a day of tv.

They do suck! I had a windy day here in Miami, which isnt rare, but i lost my signal, the next thing i did was call these *** mind you i pay over a hundred dollars plus insurance just for these type of things.

So finally, one of the smart *** gets on the phone and says you'll have to what 4 days, i said really. Then i hung up the phone and called some friends that new of a direct tv installer...i paid him twenty dollars and the *** was fixed. my advice too all of you is when the installer comes to your house speak to them and ask them if the satellite goes out can i call you, but make sure you are clear that you are willing to pay for him to help you.

insurances 5.95 q month x 12 abut 80.00 a year. Give the guy 30, 20, depending the time and situation, just ask...

DIRECT TV has got to be the worst. I can't tell you how many times I will be watching TV and all of a sudden, my signal is lost!

Today for instance; sunny calm beautiful day and I lose my signal. So, I call Direct TV and get connected with one of their highly intelligent (and yes, I am being sarcastic) customer service reps. After listening to her speak with her poor pronounciation skills she tells me that she will have a technician come out to my home on Tuesday (today is Saturday). I tell her that it is unacceptable and demand to speak to her supervisor.

She connects me with Casey who refuses to help and tells me that unless I can climb up on my roof and check the dish that I am out of luck until Tuesday because that's the only slot they have open for a technician. Is this a joke or what? I pay over 100.00 a month for service and I am suppose to wait until four days for Direct TV to fix my service. AT&T is coming into my area with their new television service called U-Verse.

You can bet that I will be one of their first customers!!! Direct TV has got to be the worst. Ironically, I received notice just the other day advising me that they were jacking up their rates. I guess I must have missed the paragraph in the notice that mentioned; "Direct TV is raising your rates and lowering our service standards".

If you have Direct TV, dump then now!!! If you don't have Direct TV, remain smart and never under any circumstances subscribe to Direct TV.

View more comments (3)