Verified Reviewer

2.1

I cancelled my DirecTV due to its high cost, effective May 21, 2020. Turned my equipment in the next day to an authorized UPS store.

My auto-pay was taken out, paid in advance, billing cycle closed June 9, 2020.

After several calls, I was told I that DirecTV/ATT could not credit the over payment of $85.16 back to my auto-pay account. Refund did not start until Jul 3, when the closing was"confirmed" and sent for processing. 3-5 business days to confirm and complete paperwork; an additional 5-7 business days to get the check processed and mailed out to the service address.

Today is last day for the 12 business day turnaround and no check yet. Earlier today (July 22) I was told the check was mailed to me on July 13, and if lost, another 2-3 weeks processing.

That would be over 3 months that DirecTV/ATT held onto my refund.

This is totally unacceptable borders on abuse.

There! Got everything off my chest!

User's recommendation: If you are considering DirecTV/ATT, DON'T! When you cancel their service, either cancel auto-pay if applicable, or dispute the entire charge.

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Tv Package.

Preferred solution: An answer to where's my refund?.

Comments