Altadena, California
1.5K views

After paying $450.00 for a early disconnect to get out of my contract. This has been a nightmare.

And

3 months into your contract, if you have a problem with your direct tv there is a $65.00 service charge. I notice that H.D is not that good and control is very difficult to work with. Please take my word and listen to all these people that had problems with direct tv. Do not sign with them, your asking for headaches.

Everything that i read with dealing with customer service is true they are rude and not professional.

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Tv Service.

Comments

AT&T’s and direct tv is a nite mare, can’t Believe their is a worse service , sucks

#819143

I do not remember the two years deal.

They are desperate.

They belong in Russia with Mr Putin.

Or in *** as far as I am concerned

Direct TV and Dish have always used contractors to install the equipment. Always have.

None of the satellite TV pricing is good but it's pay it or deal with 3 or 4 local channels and miss most all of you shows. We have a choice albeit it not a very good one. I have had very good luck with Direct TV vs.

"the other guys" and will stay with them.

When I signed up for Direct Tv I was told that I would receive Hd. Later they said it would cost me an additional $ 350.00 for the upgraded equipment.

The installation was botched up: I have wire hanging all over on the out side of my home, and the bent up my siding installing it.

I contacted Direct Tv, and they said that they contract out the installation, that I would have to contact the installer. Apparently the contractor went out of business, I could not contact them.

#209916

have the same dilemma as everyone here. Signed on with Direct TV.

Was not told that this was a 2 year agreement. Was not told that, if you want to cancel early that the early termination fee. I called to cancel BECAUSE i was moving back to NY. Very deceptive in their practices.

I would be interested in participating in a class action law suit. e-mail: lmmaharaj@yahoo.com.com

@MAHARAJ

Let me no when, I’m ready

#197325

I wish I would have read all of these bad reviews about Direct tv before we purchased it. We were told that we could cancell within 30 days after instillation and when we tried direct tv stated that we could not cancell and I had a 2 year term after installation.

We were not told that we were told that we were sighning into a 1 year lease. We are going back to comcast when our term is over :( :( :(

I just got scammed by the two year thing. Liars and thieves.

Just found out about the 2 year contract scam. was not told when i signed up!

my lease was only for one year and i would've never signed a 2 year contract had i been honestly notified about it.

when i called customer service they told me that i signed the 2 year agreement when i signed off the paperwork on my equipment installation, and that i should've read the fine print and how outrageous. if there is a class action suit, i will join

Just found out today I was Scammed by Direct TV. The last old non-DVR receiver I had went out about 5-6 months back.

So like any other DTV customer, I went to Costco and picked up the new DVR receiver for $170. DTV told me the new unit needs additional installation (additional cable installed from antenna). So I let them install the cable. Well now I want to sign up for ATT Uverse wich offers alot more for the money.

So we called DTV service to cancel and asked if we were in a contract. The service person told us yes. So I asked how long was it and when did I agree to enter a new contract with them. They told me that I entered a two year contract when I upgraded my equipment.

I told them that I did not upgrade, I replaced failed equipment with new equipment. They told me that was considered an upgrade. What a scam. Now I am stuck with DTV without my written consent.

So I asked them how much to buy out of the contract. They told me it would cost $20 per month left on the two year contract. That comes up to $360 for me. I have been with DTV since 2002.

Now I see they are scammers just like all the others. What can I do to get around this???

Karen,

We are beyond furious at the unethical and unprofessional manner in which DirecTV provides their "services". They also duped us into an imaginary 2 year contract in which I NEVER signed for nor was I informed that I was in.

That is my latest complaint... not including numerous other issues from them these past 2 years.

I would love to start a class action suit, if you are still in motion for it.

My email is KriziaBajos@yahoo.com

Krizia Bajos & Jonathan Lledo

Los Angeles, CA.

I have been with this company over four years. I moved and the technician put in a new box which they said extended my committment period without my permission.

Has anyone started a class action. I am willing to do so.

This company told me I had a year contract, I now have learned that it is for 2 years, they are charging me 150 dollars for early termination fee. I originally called to inquire about transfering service because I was selling my home.

I was told unable to transfer unless I paid that the 80 dollars that was just billed a week ago to my account, I told them to send the bill because I hadnt recieve it yet and that I wasnt willing to make a payment until I recieve a bill. The lady on the phone said she would disconnect instead of a transfer if the bill was not paid. A week later, I look into my checking account and direct tv had taken about 220 dollars without my permission and without my authorization. I spent several hours on the phone and they said the would credit the direct tv account the 150.00 but they would not refund it back into my checking account and that the 80 dollars would not be refunded due to it being billed.

I plan to file complaints with the fcc.

a rep emailed me the customer agreement that states they will draft customer account for fees once contract is cancelled. tawana_1@msn.com

I have the same dilemma as everyone here. Signed on with Direct TV.

Was not told that this was a 2 year agreement. Was not told that, if you want to cancel early that the early termination fee is 420.00 until, after receiving my first bill and being very dissatisfied, I called to cancel. I also was not told that they will automatically draft the final money from my account number I gave them until I called to cancel. Very deceptive in their practices.

All of this could have and should have been told to the consumer before we signed on the dotted line. It is not right for them to just put this in writing and to not explain to the consumer prior to installation because they know people will be too involved in getting their service going. I am still waiting for my boxes to send the equipment back. I feel they are trying to delay sending the boxes back so they can draft more money from my account and force me to keep the equipment because I exceeded the alloted time to return the boxes.

I would be interested in participating in a class action law suit. e-mail: skinsinnj@aol.com

I am currently on hold and have been for 24 minutes with direct tv... i was just disconnected...

I was lied to about the HD, i called at least 5 times to get the promised rebate, I was put on a 2 year contract without warning, my HD reciever didn't work and they were going to charge me for a new one.

I could go on for days about this horrible experience. DO NOT GET DIRECT TV.......

my email is cufast@comcast.net. i have a simular exp. with direct tv

Indiana

Hello Karen

Ripped by DirecTV also.

Been on the puter all day in regards to this *** :sigh

In fact I lost satellite last night and when I went to cancel they inform me that I have a two year commitment or a $380 buyout fee!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :( :( :(

Bob Noe

Hello, my name is Karen and I am taking a stand against Direct TV. I too am being ripped off by this unethical company. There are thousands of complaints against this company’s billing practices and customer service. I am compiling a list of victims with their complaints to present to the FCC, as well as state governors and senators. If you would like to support me in this endeavor, please email me your name, the city and state that you live in, an email address for contact purposes, and your story, which you should cut and paste from your online complaint. One or two customer complaints will certainly fall on deaf ears; however, thousands of complaints can make an impact. Even if your complaint was not recent, and your anger has settled, I encourage you to support this effort to stop the abusive antics of Direct TV, as they continue to use abusive tactics against their clients. Please email me at directtvripsoffcustomers@gmail.com

If you know of anyone else that has been victimized by this company, please forward this email to them and encourage them to get involved as well.

Thank you in advance for taking a stand against Direct TV.

Karen

@Karen

Signed up with Direct tv. I was planing on moving in the next couple months.

Direct people told me not to worry. They said I would get one free move. Also told me I would be paying 29.99 and getting a bundle with phone. I went ahead and got service.

Two months later had to move they want to charge me 200.00 to move the service. The first month my bill was 29.99 after that it went up 35.00 a month. They gave me discounts for bundling with internet. The internet service they set me up with did not even exist in my area.

They should at least know what companies serve in areas they make deals with. I had then cancelled my original internet and tv and had to find someone that was in my area. I never did get the discounts I was promised.

Direct TV is a joke. They have got to be stopped.