Tukwila, Washington

I signed up with DirecTV thru a 'bundle' promotion from my local ISP. I am moving and called my ISP to cancel my services and make arrangements to return the equipment.

They said I needed to call DirecTV. I did and had to deal with a rude cs rep, then his supervisor. The supervisor said they had sent me a letter and an email saying this was a two year contract, and by not responding, I agreed to it.

Now they want me to pay a $240 cancellation fee. Never using them again, and I will spread a bad word as miuch as possible about their deceptive business practices.

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Deal.

Comments

#920148

I am going through the same situation. If you ever make some kind of agreement that benefits you, have them send you an email with the details because they lie.

I was going to disconnect my service when i moved to my new apartment and they offered me the Movers deal with no contract.

Well BIG LIE. I HAVE A CONTRACT AND CANT CANCEL.

The only thing is they will turn this in on your credit report and turn you over to collections that will call nonstop.. by them replacing the genie box this may have extended your contract for another 2 yrs. You were wise in closing the credit card account just make sure they do not have your bank account# and when you send their equipment back be sure to get a tracking # to prove they get the equipment otherwise they will try and charge for this also.

So Skully what your saying is that your about to commit fraud, break and agreement and get sent to collections because your too *** to program your own remote.. and people wonder why DTV gets the money as fast as possible why don't you grow a set and complete your AGREEMENT, your just another person who looks for any reason to get out of a contract that you don't like any more, when you call dtv make sure to tell them that you will loose your home, and your 102 year old mother will die maybe that will help (or give us a good laugh)

Its not deceptive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!People like you are too S T U P I D to read your contracts before signing up! :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin

@Anonymous

well I am a direct tv customer for 6 weeks and yes I know about a 2 year contract BUT IN THE PAST 6 WEEKS MY TV WENT OUT 8 TIMES AND THE TECH WAS HERE TODAY AND REPLACED THE NEW GENIE BOX AND DID NOT RESET THE REMOTE FOR TV AND THE OTHER TV'S AS OF NOW DON'T WORK I AM SHOPPING AGAIN AND REALLY DO NOT WANT TO GO WITH COMCAST BUT I JUST MAY HAVE TO AND I AM NOTIFYING AN ATTORNEY CAUSE 22 MONTHS AND 1 WEEK LEFT IN CONTRACT AND I ALSO CANCELLED THE CREDIT CARD THAT I GAVE DIRECT TV SO THEY WILL NOT BILL THE CARD