Kansas City, Missouri

My In-Laws (who had dishnet) were contacted by a direct tv salesman. They were told they could give them a better price for the exact same package they had.

They were also told if they weren't satisfied they could have it disconnected in 30 days, and have no fee's.

After 2 days they knew they weren't happy with it, and called direct tv back. They were put on hold, for an hr. They called direct tv back again, and they were told they would have someone call them back.

After a week with no returned call, they called direct tv again.

They were told they would have to ship the equipment back (which was understandable) but were told they would be charged for the 23 mo of service.

Don't Deal With Direct TV, they are shady

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Tv Service.

Comments

#212010

I am currently going through the same problem with Direct TV. I ordered service back on the 29th of October after the account representative assured me I had 30 days to try the Direct TV product.

I went to cancel service yesterday NOV 15th and was told that I didn't qualify for the 30 day trial and that I would need to pay the $460 cancelation penalty. According to Direct TV the state of NY has a 14 day clause from the day of order not install. Of course non of this was made clear when they sold me the service.

My advice...stay away from Direct TV. They are dishonest and dificult to deal with.