2.7
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Update by user Jan 17, 2017

So DIRECTV sent me another replacement and after installing new one it's defective right out of the box!

Original review posted by user Dec 18, 2016

I signed up for the new 4K Mini genie in April of 2016 before the Masters tournament as they were doing some holes in 4K. That was a giant mistake as I've had 6 of them go bad in 6 months with issues from not responding to remote, pause screen pops up while watching programs, the dual tuner freezes, won't change channels or pull up,guide or list and have to reboot it to get them to work, won't turn off and more.

This product is JUNK, PURE *** and CHEAP and it's always a battle to get it replaced even though I am in their protection plan ( have to be to cover the junk they give us otherwise you have to pay hundreds of dollars to replace their defective ***) and they always want to send a tech out so I let them 2 times and he told me they are failing at an extremely high rate and they have to replace them more than any other call now. My receiver sits on top of my cabinet on top of 4 small risers so it gets airflow and is in a perfect place according to the tech. This is ridiculous as my 6th unit is now bad and I need a seventh and I get nothing from them as compensation for the issues and an attitude for calling and complaining. They need to take responsibility and build better units that last!!!

NEVER had this problem with TIVO's which are made much much better. So time to call and deal with their BS and will be filling a complaint with thenFTC and our states AG and would like to file a class action lawsuit as they know their product sucks and yet they do nothing!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Directv Hr54 Satellite Receiver.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Directv Pros: Equipment and possibilities, Great picture and sound.

Directv Cons: Customer service, Receivers.

Comments