Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Directv in Jacksonville, Florida - Worst Customer Service

1.5
After 8 hours of failed attempts to install service, tech drilled 4 unnecessary holes in the wall of my new house. Customer service refused to credit my account for this huge inconvenience, saying they will only pay up to $150 for the repair that I have to get estimates for and be home for the estimate and the work, missing multiple hours of work. The kicker is the previous owner of the house had directv without holes in his wall and this tech couldn't figure out how to do it after 8 hours and drilled extra holes in the wall before realizing they were in the wrong place.

You need to file a damage claim for that holes, this will be processed like an insurance claim( that's what it is) can you call your insurance company and tell them you hit a pole and that $500 should cover the cost? The answer is no they will say bring it to a shop for an estimate would you consider that an "inconvenience" why should DirecTV pay for your "inconvenience" you could of scheduled for a time that would be better you choose your install date now choose your estimate date if it is going to cause you more "inconvenience" then suck it up and drop it but in this case "no credit for you"

Review
Cons
  • Damaged property
  • Bad customer service
  • Unprofessional installers
Reason of review
Bad customer service, damaged property, loss wages
Price reduction

Directv in Chicago, Illinois - DO NOT USE A DEBIT CARD TO PAY YOUR DIRECT TV BILL

A FAMILY MEMBER HAD HIS BANK ACCOUNT CLEANED OUT BY DIRECT TV .....poor guy was a little down on his luck...lost his job and had to cancel direct tv....he even mailed back his box...but direct tv says Waite a minute you owe us money for past service....so direct tv went into his bank account and took every penny ....that money was his unemployment check....the banks say it's perfectly legal....because he used his debit card to pay past bills....that was his food money....now he is broke for the next two weeks...thanks direct tv

Well congratulations, you the first one of these reviews that doesn't refer to this money as a theft and say they are going to sue and they don't have the right yadda yadda yadda yes this is legal and if he would of called them and made prior arrangements that could of been 35 a month or so. We do that all of the time. So once again thank you for not referring to this as theft like we put a gun to someone's heart to sign up

Problems with payment

Directv in Port Saint Lucie, Florida - Liars and thieves

Beware Directv is a scam! I signed up thinking that they were going to give me a 200 Visa card they promised but turns out they never gave me the card! Now if I want to cancel the service it will cost me 500 for an early termination fee!

Let's see at $20/a month for 24 months is 480 early cancel fee if they want $500 that means you have had service less then a month it takes 8-10 weeks to process the order of the gift card what did you thank that the installer was going to say "your all setup here's your card" why don't people ever come on here and state the truth its always DirecTV's fault for enforcing the agreement that they signed

Review
Pros
  • Easy start-up
Cons
  • Deceptive sales practices
Deceptive sales practices
Preferred solution
Remove 200 for promised Visa card off final bill so that I can submit payment and gain resolution
Tags
  • Direct Tv Complaints

Directv - Tv Service Review from Mountain View, California

I have been a loyal customer for 17 yrs.and this company don't appreicate customer like me we are the people who pay their wages. This company much train their personnal to be rude,lier,and the main thing is the customer is never RIGHT. I returned a phone call from direct because they didn't want to lose me as a customer.I have went along with their program long enough!! I have overcharged for my services for yrs.I was promise my bill would only be 65 month,this lasted only one month if u look at your bill it changes every month to put more money in their pocket. I asked for a extenison to pay my bill after all these yrs. u would think no promblem wrong- I was denied an extenstion. They instead cut my services off. I would think u wouldn't do a valued customer like this wrong again,they don't care about their customer at all-and they show it!!They called and email me they wanted to resolve this issue and in return me as a customer when I called they didn't know who could have called me or email me. Than I was transferred around the county-Florida-Tenn-New York-overseas.I was on the phone for a good 5 hrs.I talked to serveral different people here is a few of them Bryant 100826893-Cristy56479982+KarenIBPX632-05 I was told that I would have a 0 balance and they would reset my service this didn't happen, tranferred to billing they said if I paided 65 dollars and then they would reverse some of programming I didn't recieve this didn't happen then was informed my account my account was redlined and I would have to pay 200 dollars for my services to be restored.This is how u treat a valued customer.Dorothy Mitchell
SatelliteFan

If thinking about Dish, private message me. I can give you a referral certificate that we both save $50 with.

Also, check out Dish.com and see the new promotion they just came out with. 2 year price lock/no DVR service fee, and 1 year Netflix as well for free.

Bad quality

Directv in Llano, Texas - Direct TV Service

We have been having a problem with the service. We called them and a service was scheduled, I called back 2 time and was told it was still on schedule. After a week I climbed on the roof and had to fix it myself. When I call back again because we started having problems. I was told that they did not follow up to make sure it was done. Then all they say is well we can give you a credit for $3.25 for the service for 3 day!!! You can not get any deal, THEY ONLY go to NEW Clients!!! I would say the STAY AWAY for direct tv!!!!
Review
Pros
  • Sound quality
Cons
  • Lack of loyalty long term customer
  • Lack of solutions to problems
  • Over all contract pricing
Everything SUCKS!!!!!

Directv Choice Package Review

Haven't been able to watch history channel or A&E for days, ***
Not as described/ advertised

DirecTV uses deceptive practices selling their services

I used DIRECTV for a year until June 2015 at a monthly fee of $32.49. In July 2015, DIRECTV raised their monthly fee by about 80% to $57.49. When the account was first set up in July 2014, DIRECTV has not disclosed that their second year rates would be unreasonably increased by close to 80%. As a result of this price increase I had to cancel the account. DIRECTV has informed me that I am bound by a 24 months contract and is therefore charging me a cancellation fee of $220. I have contacted DIRECTV few times but they refuse to waive the cancellation fee. I believe that this unreasonable price increase that I did not know about when I opened the account justifies the cancellation of the account without any penalty.

Did you obtain resolution? Did they refund?

They are deceptive on so many levels and people need to hold them accountable each time. With so many consumers, I imagine overbilling, deceptive bait and switch pricing, cancellation fees, provides a significant revenue.

They will not stop this deceptive process unless it becomes unprofitable for them to do so. All consumers must hold DirecTV accountable for any deception and demand reimbursement.

@pacmom

I filed a lawsuit against direct tv and when they heard about it they waived the cancellation fee.

#1019835

The only time a contract is renewed is if there are discounted programming and or equipment -- replacement equipment does not add to you contract.. they contracts are usually 2 yrs from the date of the upgrade install .

#1019633

It is disclosed in the contract that rates are for first yr .. Im sorry that you got suckered ..

the sales folk should of told you that .. but you did sign a contract without reading it

#1019745
@Anonymous

Look up the lawsuit FTC filed against DirecTV in CA and then you understand what I'm talking about.

#1019747
@Anonymous

Its in the contract thats why people need to read it .. sales people lie always have and always will that why things are in writing .. I dont see how the contract can can state the rates can raise to a undetermined amount the 2nd yr (the current regular rates which go up feb/march of every yr but it does and its all legal

#1019755
@Anonymous

Again, see my comment above...FTC filed a lawsuit against DirecTV charging them with misleading customers...moreover, look up the lawsuit the attorney general of Colorado filed against Dishnetwork.

SatelliteFan

There actually is no price increase. You are billed the same amount, except you had credits on your account, which have since expired.

So the charges are the same, but the credits are no longer applying.

Also, the contract does not guarantee any pricing at all, and is signed and agreed to. Specifically says that price is not a contingency.

#1019750

#1019757
@Anonymous

I would look into that further if were you. Just because they announced they want to charge them means nothing.

#1019825
@SatelliteFan

Again, a lawsuit against DirecTV has been filed by FTC and you can find it online.

#1019832
@SatelliteFan

Not true every yr their is a price increase in feb/march - price is only good for the first yr

Contract says something like the then current rate

#1019834
@Anonymous

FTC Charges DIRECTV with Deceptively Advertising the Cost of Its Satellite Television Service

#1019837
@Anonymous

The Federal Trade Commission has charged DIRECTV, the country’s largest provider of satellite television services, with deceptively advertising a discounted 12-month programming package because it fails to clearly disclose that the package requires a two-year contract. In addition, DIRECTV does not clearly disclose that the cost of the package will increase by up to $45 more per month in the second year, and that early cancellation fees of up to $480 apply if consumers cancel the package before the end of the two-year period.

View more comments (13)
Review
Pros
  • Canceling
Cons
  • Fraud
  • Hidden charges
Cancellation fee
Full refund

Directv Staff Review

1.7
Customer service reps are rude and incompetent. I spoke with someone 5 times in a matter of two weeks and four of those times I got transferred, one which resulted in the system hanging up on me. Extremely frustrating I see why they have to tangle you in a contract so you can't leave.
Poor customer service

Directv in Cornelius, North Carolina - Unathorized money taken out of my account

To whom it may concern, This is my second attempt to have funds debited from my card returned immediately, my husband Ryan and I were customers from September of 2013 until July of 2015 during this time multiple unauthorized charges where charge to our account charges to which we called the company several times to have credited back to out account. In October or November 2013 we called because we were being charged for the Nfl package that we told the sales representative that we didn't want in the first place, due to the fact the Games we watch are always on our local channels, we were told the money would be credited back it wasn't. We then called back understandable irritated because we were told one our account would be credit and it wasn't we spoke with a supervisor and he addressed the issue which we excepted and were willing to give Direct tv another chance so we did. Last year in September we moved, we took direct tv with us only this time we removed one of our receivers and it was given to the installation crew as we were instructed to do by customer service, to our surprised we were charge from September up until we charged for a receiver we had returned months before, again we call had several conversations with several people to have this issue fixed again we stay with this company," Note this was the second time we were overcharged without our consent the money paid was never returned to us just credited to our account." Frustrated and unwilling to deal with this same issue again when we moved this year we decided not to have cable at all so we didn't taken our Direct tv with us. We now we had a bill of around 225 left which we fully intended on paying, due to injuries for my husband and out and both of us being out of work for long periods of time this year we didn't have it at the moment we decided not to continue service. The account is in my husbands name but my card was linked to the account I have not given anyone permission to debit my account without my permission so I am understandable "pissed off' to find the 784.44 was taken out of my account this morning, 784.44 all of our rent and part of our power bill that is no okay on so many levels. I have called and was told my money could not be returned so as soon as I hit send, I will be heading to the bank to dispute the charges, and then I will be speaking with an attorney to see what options I have if my money is not returned immediately. I do not want to take you guys to Small claims court, I do not want the hassle but I will this is not right and I will not just say nothing so whoever I have to get involved to fix this issue I will. I will pay the last bill but the rest of my money that was taken need to be returned my husbands is and again my name is not on the account it is in his name but my card was charged and I did not give direct tv to charge me.

Well if you have a problem with the legitimate charges you and your attorney should read section 5 of your agreement that says any card on file may be used for outstanding balance on your account. Then after that gets you good and mad keep reading section 7(your attorney will LOVE this one) its called the arbitration clause so in short here's how it goes, if going to small claims court you are not allowed an attorney but because you are suing a corporate entity they can have one but wait it gets better.. That attorney for DirecTV will point out section 7 to the judge and he/she will look at you and say that this case is dismissed and you need to go through binding arbitration and YOU have to pay 50% up front for the fees last time I setup an arbitration (don't do it often only 8 or 9 in the last 5 years) it was $3500 meaning you need to give up 1750.00 before you can even plead your case and lets say you won you get your entire 788.44 back you are still required to pay 25% of arbitration fees win or loose you still end up owing more then you get back we get lawsuits all the time I have a list of 200 names for attorneys all over the country when a suit is filed I look at city state and county forward a copy to in-house counsel and the attorney for that area, they file a motion to dismiss based on section 7 it will be granted and you end up on the list of people we have around my dept (office of the President) who we pull up the accounts to laugh at during team meetings but you may be the one get your attorney and cash together and LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE

Review
Cons
  • Billing and service
  • Integrity
they stole from me
Full refund
Tags
  • Direct Tv Services

Directv - Tv Service Review from Highland Lakes, New Jersey

Direct TV has been nothing but a scam and a rip off from the moment I signed up. Conveniently their terms and conditions have changed constantly. The endless "glitches" in their billing where they "accidentally" over charge you, or by "mistake" do not cancel the promotions after their customers call to cancel. Now their terms of contract conveniently change, and somehow even though I have called countless times in the last year regarding wrong billing charges they have no record of my complaints or the fact that I was told several times that my contract was up in July. Coincidently now that it is July my contract is extended because I moved over a year ago and was offered a "free" extra receiver that I NEVER use! Direct TV is a rip off, and I will NEVER recommend their service or use their service again once I am finally free from their scam!

DISH does the same thing -- dont trust them either

#1019646

i work for them i am not defending them but the contract has not changed . you do need to call in to cancel promotions and make sure they are gone from your tv before hanging up

you also need to read the contract and not sign anything without reading DONT TRUST THE TECH THat comes to your house

SatelliteFan

If interested in DISH the Private message me. They are offering a deal right now that consists of 24 month intro prices locked in, 24 months no dvr service fee, 12 months free Netflix which you can watch on your Hopper without even having to change the inputs or devices.

You also get access to Dishanywhere, where you can watch your live TV and DVR'd stuff, in addition to on demand, and you can transfer content to mobile devices free of charge(I believe you have to have the genieGo with DTV for that feature currently). If you message me, I will give you a referral certificate that will save you an additional $50 on top of all that, and we both get that savings.

I can give you more information, and answer most questions if you have any, so let me know. Also, if you want to look over the deal, go to Dish's website, Dish.com and you can review the Terms and Conditions on there before even contacting me.

View more comments (2)