Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
I just signed up for the 'Choice' package for Directv's promo of 29.99 w/ a 2 year contract. I got my 1st bill and its $43. They charged $10 extra for a 'HD' receiver and $3 for a sports channel. These extra charges were not on my contract, and the channel line-up for...

You were sent multiple copies of EVERYTHING you ordered with the cost written on it, via email and letters and the work order that you sign when the tech finishes the install oh and by the way the work order is confirmed by sales support that goes over every single thing you are going to be paying for.

/golfclap for stupidity.

View more comments
Tags
  • promo schemes

Directv in Fountain, Colorado - No service restored when proved it was paid

I paid DirectTV and they tried to take a payment out twice. The bank returned the second payment because the first was already made. Now they claim I did not pay them at all even though I sent sufficient proof from the bank that it was indeed paid. Told me they have 10 days to review it so in the meantime I have no service that I have paid for. They also were extremely rude and found it humerus that I was rather upset about this.They pure lack of customer service is rather upsetting and I wish they were more professional

I want to say I never had a bad thing I say about direct tv till now. I had there services back in 2000-7 then moved to utah when it all went to ***.

To start with the problem with my bill never being straight also I refered 2 people to the company and still they treat me like just a mother dollar sign. I contracted with direct tv and my bill for the first year should of been 18.75 with all my discounts also they said I would get free show time for 3 months as a trial, I advised them I did not want it. Anyway my very first bill was 80 something dollars !! When I called in to question this I got a whole other story.

And the reps are programmed to blame you and tell you your contract and why you signed up for like your a qlueless dumb customer. I mean the level of disrespect that some of these reps have is unbelievable! So they said my bill was 80 and that's what it was going to be long story short I have never paid a contracted price like I was told all the discounts they have gave me where lies! Also I'm not on here telling lies just check my bill and my account and you can see how (F'ed) up it really is!!

Te second year was te worst! They took a customer that loved te service to hate the service! Not only did I spend countless hours wasted on the phone over the years, they have never took the inishitive to say they are sorry , and of course why would they care they are a multi billion dollar company. So to try to shorten it some more , I get to the last few months on my account.

My mother advised me she wanted TV service and I was about to say go with dish or cable , what did I do? My dumb *** calls direct tv and sees how I can refer my mother cause she wanted to keep up with Spanish and see the Spanish channels. So I called direct tv and spoke with the rep he advised me that If I changed the service that it would not extended my contract so I called bs I said I want to speak with your supervisor and come to find out the supervisor also confirmed the same thing Mr. Luciano you will not have your contact extended nor will there be cancellation fees your contact ends so the rep said do you want to shut off the tv services now or wait till This novermber 2013.

I said shut them off and sen the last 2 bills via paper to the address stated with my address. The rep supervisor said ok your all set gives me a confirmation number and I think things are finally good!! *** no I get an unauthorized payment withdrawn from my personal bank checking account for the amount of $104.16 !!! Now wait it get way better.

Not only do they pull my money from my account they also say they have current amount due of $68 !! How the *** do you figure if there is only 2 months left to my contract and my normal bill is around $40 that you would take "unauthorized" 104.16 then tell me I still owe another $68?? Even if I paid both months In advanced !! That still doesn't add up!!

Oh but here's the real kicker , out of the blue they said I had a early termination contract ! So that was another *** fee! Another 9 months they say! If you think I'm out rage well he'll put my shoes on and take the walk !

Even if they said sorry will give you free service for life or 2 years or anything I would tell them no thanks keep the tip cause you don't do busniess like that! And if they have this recorded they can go back and fire some of the dumb people they hired! This is a company where the left hand doesn't know te the right hand is doing. #1 in service ??

Please, spare your self at least be honest and say 75-80 percent approval ratings, tell is like it is, instead of sugar coating it!

Mistakes happen this is somewhat common yes it may be a mistake and in 10 days you will be fixed your not being charged during this down time what makes you think they though it was funny, where they laughing at you on a recorded phone call, now after the call I'll laugh my *** off I've seen a 3 year supervisor loose their job for much less, long story short....Deal with it

Its a one off, it never happenes to anyone else

Stop complaining

aubwen
@Sally Raphel

One off? you have no idea what you are even talking about chick.

Try paying for something you don't receive and then talk to me. Good God some peoples children.

Loss

Directv deducted money off my debit card for someone else bill.

Because they store my debit card on file without my permission they deduct money off my card to pay on a bill thats not mine. they made several attemps to get money off my card until they were able to get something and i know thats not legal. i talk with people at directv and they said that they can do that once a card is use for a payment they store it for future use.Spoke with someone in billing they said money will credit back to card in 10 days didnt have they said they investigate it and card has same billing address so they dont have to refund my money back that's a bunch of s___. illegal i know that u not authorizing the to do so you didnt sign or agree to any consent for them to store your card on file. I want my money back. People i spoke with Ron,Amanda,Erica, two more but forgot name didnt write down.

When you let someone use your card you authorized that persoan to accept the terms that went with the payment,the terms are keep card on file whoever made the payment WAS told

Doesn't matter who you spoke with at DTV probably is not their real name..I don't believe this is legal either but you need to talk to an attorney to be sure. have the bank change the number of your debit card.

nikalseyn
#731928

Your mistake was in using a debit instead of a credit, card. Call your bank and tell them of an erroneous charge.

You may or may not get the money back.

With a credit card, you would not have paid the money yet and could have disputed the charge. Lesson for the future---never, ever use a debit card for anything.

@nikalseyn

When using your credit card (I tell you from personal experience) that when you dispute an amount the credit card will replace the money and start their own investigation and if they do not find in your favor the credit card can/will place the charge back on your card.

Loss
I had been a loyal customer since 2006 in April of 2013 I had a call from a Mr. Christopher Halt representing Direct TV told me I had to many receivers on my account .. never in 7 years have any one told me I can't not add a receiver to my account ... at this...

It's doesn't mater.on the cost. They disconnected the DVR's I had just gotten and left on the old receivers all I wanted them to do was swop the DVR's they disconnected with the reg receivers still Activated then I would have sent the old ones back.

They would not do anything for me. Just told me no That Christopher Halt would not let any changes I was with them for about 7years and paid about 5000.00 per year for the services and treated like an *** HOLE A BUMB OFF THE STREET

View more comments
Loss

Directv - I received my bill and was charged for hbo starz etc. that I did not order.

I would never use any of the above shows. I never ordered them. I was told that I had 3 months free and that I needed to cancel. I have other things to track and that should not be one of them. This is a rip off. I feel helpless when a large company takes advantage of an 83 year old couple. I pay my bills on time and I do not appreciate being taken advantage of. You pay to get new customers but *** your regular customers. I will change as quick as I can. My friends and family will hear how direct takes advantage of people.

DirectTV should not have put it on her account especially after she told them she did not want these channels and would not wach them. Be sure and check your bill real good for other unauthorized charges because DTV will sneak in other charges as well.

It is reviews like this that should make DirecTV not sell to anyone over 65 if your too helpless to take care of your own bills maybe your too helpless to make your own financial decisions

@dtv billing rep

This complaint and the many other millions of complaint letters should put DTV out of business for once and for all. DTV has ripped off too many people for far too long.

Should have cancelled before the three months were up

Loss

Directv - DIRECT TV IS A SCAM-DO NOT PURCHASE DIRECT TV EVER!!!!!!

PLEASE PEOPLE DO NOT GET DIRECT TV, EVEN IF YOUR LIFE DEPENDED ON IT. DIRECT TV WILL RIP YOU OFF EVERY CHANCE THEY GET. DIRECT TV OVER BILLS CUSTOMERS, THE SATELLITE RECEPTION IS HORRIBLE, THE TECHNICIANS HAVE BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE AND WHEN YOU CALL DIRECT TV, THEY ALWAYS GIVE YOU THE RUNAROUND AND ARE RUDE AS WELL. PLEASE BEFORE YOU CANCEL YOUR SERVICE WITH DIRECT TV, MAKE SURE YOU CANCEL ALL YOUR PAY ACCOUNTS SO THAT THEY CANNOT CHARGE YOU FOR EQUIPMENT THAT THEY CLAIM THAT THEY (NEVER) RECEIVE. THE TRACKING NUMBER IS A SHAM, BECAUSE IF YOU TRY TO TRACK THE NUMBER OR CHECK WITH THE POST OFFICE, THE TRACKING NUMBER MYSTERIOUSLY CANT BE TRACED. WHY CANT CUSTOMERS TAKE THE EQUIPMENT TO A DIRECT TV LOCATION TO INSURE THE EQUIPMENT IS RECEIVED, WHY, BECAUSE DIRECT TV WANTS TO LIE AND SAY THEY HAVEN'T RECEIVED THE EQUIPMENT AND BILL YOU FOR IT ANYWAY. I WOULD LIKE TO FILE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST DIRECT TV BECAUSE THIS SO CALLED COMPANY SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO STEAL MILLIONS OF DOLLARS FROM HONEST HARD WORKING CITIZENS AND THE GOVERNMENT DOES NOTHING ABOUT IT.

I agree that Direct TV is a Scam but the tracking number should be from the co you sent it back by. If you sent your equipment back by the post office then call the post office and ask why the tracking # isn't working. the same goes for FedEx if you sent it by them call FedEx and talk to them about the nonworking tracking #

Directv - Contractors Pay charges back to the company

On techs time delay, or he gets late or customer call company. Contractors pay charges back. on each call they pay the company and it goes up. I know a company they save the charge backs reasonable n negotiable.. plus they give u a free trial for 3-4 days and u can see if its worth it or not... email to jamesmax333@gmail.com to get full fledged info, leave your number and they'll call you. i guess its the only company that's specialized for Dtv and dish dispatching services in the US. i guess they do for Cable contractors as well.

Great... i got hooked with them. experience going perfect till now

Review

Directv - Moving service was then Lied to(Committed to the principles of honesty and integrity, What Happened to this,

Committed to the principles of honesty and integrity, This should not be on there web site because all they do is the opposite. Called to move service moving in with my son. was told by the rep not to move the service just have my son add me on his account and his bill would go up $6.00 a month and i would only have to pay $30.00 if that for installation. Direct tv rep told me this and it's on record. Well called back to add me on account. That was done no problem. Then was told to call back to have the transfer done. After over 40 mins on hold was on hold more then I spoke to the rep was told no I would have to pay early termination fee. Asked for a supervisor was told no one available. When is the consumer ever right? What rights do we have. Never will I recommended direct Tv again. Honesty and integrity is not their policy.

Directv in Salt Lake City, Utah - Lied to Oct 4th 2012 by DIRECT TV

I called Direct T.V because my service was not working. The lady was very nice and appologized and admitted the mistake was theirs. New service requires a tech come out. She said she would creidit me $28. and change for the time I had NO service and that she would wave the 79.00 start up fee and wave the $99.00 for the HD receiver, I would have to pay $19.99 for the cost of returning equipment from a different location. I was very happy until the tech came out and said NO. I was charged a set up fee and the 99.00 for the HD receiver and NO credit for the time it was not working because they did not send out a tech. TAPE RECORD ALL PHONE CALLS

How do I get the program I am watching expand to the full screen

Review
#452027 Review #452027 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Tags
  • Direct TV and Centurylink

Directv - Your sneaky way of overcharging customers!

you continue to finds way to overbill customers! Such as when a promotion ends and you don't even try to let the customer know because it's your sneaky way of getting more money from the consumer. Than you have the nerve to tell me that it will take two to three billing cycles to catch up and in the meantime I am to continue to pay the higher amount! You are nothing more than scammers and should be ashamed! Karma will catch up with you!!!!! Your ethics are so questionable I don't know how any of you sleep at night!! Am looking for other service

Or maybe you just can't read your bill , if you were told you were receiving a promotions for a certain amount of months your bill would be a clear indication of when that promotion would expired , you are not a baby this the real world meaning it's your responsibility to keep up with your bills & when your promotions ends.

you people or told about all Promo offers at sign up how is this a scam?

I believe you are getting the idea. This is one of many scams that DTV uses on their customers.

View more comments (2)