Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Directv - Service

I canceled with Direct TV and have yet received my return boxes. I have called several times and today was told that they were not responsible for the package not being received. They even suggested that I spend my money to send their equipment back. I had to call FED X myself to see what the problem is. They also told me that I would still be held responsible for the equipment not being returned. I do not feel that I should be held accountable for their poor service or should I have to call FED X to see what the problem is. I also to the representative I talked to,I will be contact the BBB if this issue is not resolved.

When you called them did you ask the agent if the return boxes were actually sent out? If they were then it is in Fed Ex's hands at that point, but there will at least be a tracking number.

Get that number an call Fed Ex with it.

Did you cancel due to a move?

Maybe the return boxes were sent to the old address, make sure the dtv agent knows this. If you are charged any non return fees they get reversed the second the receivers are returned so dont worry this is an issue that gets resolved quickly once you and directv are on the same page.

You might want to watch your bank account or credit card whichever DTV has on file for you. They may automatically charge your account for early cancellation fees and non returned equipment fees if you cancelled before your 2 years were up and also when sending back their equipment get a tracking # from FedEx to prove they get their equipment.

#711926

My mom is a senior citizen I recently moved in to help her and my dad. I realized she is paying 135 a month for dish tv.

They only watcgh a few channels. When I called and asked for a smaller package they got it down to 99 that is still to expensive for tv

@dayna

this is directv not dish

View more comments (3)

Directv - We Want The Blaze TV Not Al Jazzera

In so much as Egypt has cancelled Al Jazzera in their country why on earth would we proudly launch it here in America while shunning The Blaze TV which multitudes of people want???? Pleasae Air The Blaze it only Fair and Balanced. Where can a list of Al Jazzera Sponsors be found ??? I would like to see them. Hope I don't need the Freedom of Information Act either. Direct TV does much advertising about the wonders of the Genie also and so far I am most disappointed with its performance or lack thereof I would say. That coupled the lopsided programing I may just cancel it altogether if I do not get The Blaze. The performance is one thing but the customer satisfaction is another thing.. If they can show the Al Jazzera they should also broadcast The Blaze.

we were in a contract with current tv when it was bought out so we have to finish with the contract. as for the blaze tell them to take are offer instead of being money hungry , unless you want you're bill to sky rocket!

If you want THE BLAZE, switch to Dish Network. Dish was the first to put up THE BLAZE.

As for Aljaz America - it used to be a samll network called "Current TV" owned by Al Gore, who sold it to Aljaz for $500 million.

Dish carries that too. http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffbercovici/2013/01/02/current-tv-near-sale-to-al-jazeera-likely-500-million-deal-for-al-gore-and-co/

Better start streaming then most providers offer al jazeera tv. Besides no one is forcing you to watch it.

Just because YOU don't want it does not mean others don't DirecTV does not make you watch it but Al Gore did force this channel on DirecTV by gathering contracts with providers then selling current TV to Al jazzera

View more comments (3)
Tags
  • Blaze AlJazzera

Directv - Rudeness from representative of Dish Network

Discussed twice with reps my problem with the cost of keeping Direct TV. Extremely nice lady's. Understood , could only give me a $5 reduction. Being on a fixed income, could not afford it any longer. I had to go to a cheaper system. I was called by yet another rep. Who was polite on the offset, but turned not so nice as the conversation went on. Next thing I knew he hung up on me. Shocked is all I can say. I have been a very loyal customer for many years, felt it was not called for to be treated as such. He actually hung up on me in the middle of a conversation. Shame on him. Is somewhere down the road I would change my mine about my service, I would find it difficult to return to Direct TV.

Were you retarded and accidently called Dish Network? Cause thats the company you put into the title of this whiny message.

If you are trying to lower your bill Dtv has a few low cost packages that are very affordable.

If you are financially hurting this much then maybe tv isnt your highest priority, or shouldn't be.

Directv in Gloversville, New York - BAD BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE DIRECT TV

Well Here I Am Filing A 2nd Complaint. After Dealing With Direct TV For 3 Day's And On The Phone For Over 4 Hrs. I Thought I Had Everything Worked Out. I Did What They Told Me On 08/29/2013 And Called Direct TV For A New Account And Canceling My Dads Account. All Went Fine, Gave Me Free Channels And NFL Ticket For Free. They Also Gave Me A 3rd New Account Number And I Paid Them $ 28.00. Then I Get One Of THOSE Phone Calls Telling Me I Cannot Do This. Because I Had An Account With Direct TV 2yrs Ago In NJ I Cannot Have A New Account. Keep In Mind I Paid Them And They Gave Me A New Account. I Have To Talk To The Movers Dept Which I Did. Now They Wanted Me To Pay Them $ 200.00 And They Only Took Credit Card Payment. I Told Them I Do Not Own A Credit Card And They Told Me Ton Go Get One, Nice Huh. I Am Disabled And Cannot Get Out To Good So I Told Them I Would Give A Check To The Installer Who Is Supposed To Come Here Sat. 09/07/2013. They Told Me They Do Not Collect Any Money. So I Guess I Am Screwed Again. This Is What I Get For Being Honest. As I Explained In My 1st Complaint My Father Just Died And I Am Not Doing To Good And All I Wanted To Do Was To Change An Account Into My Name. I Have A Heart Condition And Customer Service Got Me So Upset I Had An Attacked And Had To Take 2 Pills Of My Nitroglycerin. These People Should Be Fired Or Sent Back To Intense Training. Do Not Even Know If I Want To Deal With Them Any Longer. I Do Have The Names And ID's Of All Involved And Thinking Of A Lawsuit Of Some Sort For My Attack. I Will Be Seeing Dr. Tomorrow. I Do Have The Option Of Dish TV, After This I Just Might Switch. I Know My Little Account Will Not Hurt Their Company But My Word Of Mouth Might And I Will Feel Better. If They Make Good On This I Might Stay With Them. I AM PISSED!

And for this you listed your monetary loss at $100,000? Hmmm sounds like you are a master of the exaggeration my friend. Directv very rarely transfers accts from one name to another, even spouses, as the legalities it seems are waaaay too much of a hastle.

If they say you had an acct from before then you did, it's linked to your social sec #. If the acct was in good standing an closed for over 2 years then you can start a new acct as a new customer no problem but if your credit is crapola then your gonna have to pay a deposit which gets paid back to you over time as retention credits.

When you have 30 million customers you have to cover your *** somehow no?

Learn to be a man an stop blaming everyone for this and that and good luck on that lawsuit. Im sure its one of many you have thought about cooking up.

Directv in Fair Oaks, California - Direct TV Horrible C.S and lies

Do not fall for their tactics. They called me to get me back as a customer. They tell me about a deal that is too good to true. Then, they tell me they have to transfer me to another person. All the while, I am telling them that I have not made up my mind yet because I have stipulations. I made it clear that I was not paying for or committing to anything at that point. The guy on the phone convinced me that I had to give my credit card number at that point because he had to transfer me so I could get answers to my questions. So I give my card number reluctantly, thinking that they are recording my conversation and I will be safe. But, once you get transferred it's too late. At that point I said no, I was not in agreement with the deal and told them not to use my card. Guess what, $400 dollars later and about 10 hours on the phone and a month later. I get my money back finally. B.S tactics. Similar BS with Dish....Where else do you go? They have corner on the market in my area.

only part that dosen't make seem right to me is that someone made you give you're card number??!!

@Anonymous

I know sounds kinda weak...But, at the time, I had been on the phone for a time already....the C.S person said my card would not be used unless I wanted the deal...But I had to go to another person to get answers to my question. If I didn't do it that way I would have to spend more time being transferred around and waiting on the phone and starting all over with this transaction.

So I agreed, which I shouldn't have done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dumb of me I know!!!! :?

You are mighty lucky to get your money back from these *** Depending on where you live.. I suggest trying an HD antenna indoor or outdoors.

I use an indoor antenna and get all my local channels in HD. I have internet for my computer and Roku and with this you can have Netflix for a fee of $8.23 per month you get a lot of movies and entire seasons of T.V.

shows to watch. It is not live TV but it is just as good.I got rid of cable a year ago and I don't miss it at all with the local channels and Netflix and amazon.Plus I save over $100 per month

I don't know how else to say it so I will be blunt... YOU ARE A ****ING LIAR period DTV does not charge the cancel fee until AFTER your install some rep prob did'nt give you what you wanted and you decided to LIE your *** off you are a pile of *** and should be drug out in the street and shot like a dog

@DTV Billing dept

Wow, get a grip...no need to be so nasty over,cable tv issue. Maybe a little therapy would help with ur anger issues. Take care and god bless..u need it

View more comments (4)
Loss

Directv in Gilbert, South Carolina - Charging a service fee for leased equipment

sunday night sept.1 2013 lighting strike knocked out the hd receiver. called the 1-800 number for help, person on the other end said there would be a service fee of 46 dollars an some odd cents charge for coming out. i have the latest agreement form in front of me stateing the the equipment is leasted this person says it is not an there is a charge. i do not feel i should pay this fee i never have in the past. to top things off it will be 2-3 days before anyone comes out to check it. for the days we cannot veiw anything on this tv they will only compensate me about 2 dollars for not being able to use this tv. our monthly bill is 130. dollars and they only allow 2 bucks don't add up

The equipment is leased I'll bet you pay a fee each month to lease this. Look on your bill the fee is usually $10 per month. DTV will charge you the $46 fee for someone to come out and remember if the receiver is replaced this extends your contract for another 2 yrs.

@Anonymous

the other person is wrong with you get charged 1995 to replace receiver at $49 for tech needs to come out or you can get their service plan which cost $7.99 a month and there will be no charge if a tech ever need to come out or your receivers need to be replaced read your contract you might actually learn what you're signing

@directv billing rep

What the directv billing rep said is the truth. The anonymous person is as dumb as a box of dumb.

Additional receiver fees are $6 monthly for each receiver after the 1st one on an account.

Replacing a receiver strait across for the same type of receiver does NOT give you an agreement.

If you are within 3 mo of that receiver being installed or a tech out there for the same reason you are covered by a 3mo warranty so a service call is free whether you have the pro plan or not.

Review

Directv in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Decpetive contracts, too much "fine print" and uncaring customer service

Had been a DTV customer years ago as part of a Verizon package before FIOS was available. When FIOS became available I switched. Switched back to DTV last year because they had a "special offer". I didn't read all the fine print! Not only did the bill go up after 3 months, but they added all sorts of extra charges for the whole home DVR etc. And "deals" would "expire" at various times, so the bill was constantly going up. However, that is not what made me angry, I just figured I was *** for falling for that ***. What made me angry was the DVR would suddenly stop recording things for no reason (supposed to be able to record up to 5 at a time and never had more than 2 overlap). The second unit would also "loose track of" the DVR. Every time I called I Was told to shut off the DVR, which would cancel any current recording. I was also losing the signal MUCH more frequently than when I had DTV originally, but every time I called I was told it was "atmospheric conditions". After about a year of calling I decided to switch back to FIOS and cancel DTV. It wasn't until I called to cancel they even offered to send a tech out. They then wanted $300 cancellation fee claiming I never made any calls. Of course this is a lie because I had added/changed programming in that time and they managed to get that, I guess they are psychic, but only when it comes to programming. Had they fixed the *** issues I would have stayed, but they figure they have you in a contract so they don't need to offer any customer service.

Apparently you cannot comprehend things you are told clearly. Nor do you bother to read things that are important. Well done. Your bill went up dummy after 3mo because the premium channels you were given for free started charging you. Your failure to call to remove them caused you to be charged per day that you had them after the 3mo period. You were told clearly what date to call an remove them yet you did not. Well done.

Since you couldnt even comprehend that easy task I am not shocked that you failed to read anything else about warranties, or agreements. And Im positive that you did not call in about the technical issue as you said you had. Or declined to add the protection plan to make the service call free. Directv technical support doesnt care if they have to send out a tech, why would they hesitate if one is needed? The only time there is a problem is when the customer balks at the service call charge or doesnt want to add the protection plan, which is only $7.99 monthly, to make it free.

Sounds like you dont pay attention to anything and want the world to adjust to your every whim. Grow up.

@Anonymous

Also a little tidbit to add about Verizon/Fios tech support. You haven't lived until you see their charges for service calls. You'll be begging to go back to Directv after you see that whopper of a bill.

@Anonymous

boy, you are a nasty "someone"...do you work for DIRECTV ??? Seems like it...the same condescending and nasty attitude. What, do they beat you guys into doing all their dirty "work"...Go ahead and write back....

Directv in Phoenix, Arizona - Did not get proper notice on new channel line up

I tried to watch my nascar race on espn I had to call your customer service to find out why me and my husband did not get it in my line up to find out you change many channels and espn was on a different channel I want to make a complaint that I did not get proper notice on your new channel line up since I do pay my bill with an app on my phone I do not get mailed billing. Please change this so I can have proper notice I am a customer too and deserve respect thank you.

DirecTv can S a D

DirecTv is AWFUL. So many issues with them. Never sent us our first bill, we were never notified of late payment, then cable was shut off without any notice. Next constant issues with the satellite going out due to any slight change in weather. We called to order Showtime, only Showtime and they then they tell us we are "royal members" and they can offer 6 months free of premium channels (HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, Stars) and THEN we are hit with a $200 bill and they had thrown NFL Sunday Ticket onto it as well, something that we never ordered. After explaining the situation they still make us pay the bill! Making it very hard financially for us. After all of the issues with DirecTv they want to charge us a $240 cancellation fee. BS. After dealing with their terrible service for a year I shouldn't have to continue paying for their *** service or have to pay them $240 to stop service. RIDICULOUS!!!! Avoid this company if you don't want a constant headache.

So your bill doesnt show up and what? You assume you get a free month? You never called Dtv and asked where it was being sent? When it was being sent? This doesnt add up.

Also Sunday Ticket auto renewed as you are told it would due to you getting it free your first year with DTV. Its also very easy to call an remove an be credited for it the following season if you do not want to pay for it..

It sounds like you are really mature judging by your title of this thread. You might want to grow up, act like an adult and take responsibility for you ignoring almost everything you are told.

It also sounds like other providers would be oh so lucky to have you as a customer lol. GL with that.

so you don't get a bill and don't think to call up and check your address or anything you just think no bill it must be free well looks like you learned the hard way that's not true lesson learned. as far as the "Royal members" that is just plain BS yes they can give 6 months in some cases of 1 channel but not all unless your a new customer and that is 3 months free, if your going to take the time to come on here and lie at least take the time to make up a better class of lie

@DTV Billing dept

Oh look, it is the Colorado DirecTV representative showing his customer service spirit again. Did they train you in such fine qualities or do they just come naturally?

Featured
Directv - DirectTV installing a dish on a (new) roof without owner permission
Hello. DirectTV installed a big satellite dish on the (newer) roof of my home-that I rent out in Copperas Cove. My tenant claims his mother had ordered the service (long distance), and they just came out and installed it while he was out in the field. He didn't...

All the customer has yo do is lie and say they own the home! FYI: Someone has to be home before directv will install anything and sign for it.

Directv should have the paperwork showing who signed for the service and approved the installation of the dish.

I know I had service at 3 homes and had to be there and sign to give them permission to install and they asked if I owned the home and I said yes because I did own the homes. Also they do ask were you want the dish installed most installers will not install directly on the roff unless you tell them it's ok when they ask!

View more comments