Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Directv in Olympia, Washington - I keep getting bills even though I don't leave at the billing address

I was living (renting) a townhome in Seatac, WA. As part of the lease (*** me), I was supposed to pay Direct TV's cable fees (I never open an account with my name on it or my wife's). Even though I talk to Direct TV's Customer Service offices many times and told them I don't live there anymore (I currently live in Seattle, WA now), they keep sending me bills. The should be address to the owner of the home!!! I'm pissed!! How can I make Direct TV stop sending me bills? Is this going to ruin my credit or what? Thanks for listening! Melvin Torres

If you didn't open and account with DTV how did they get your name? Get in touch with the owner of the house and ask him what is going on if the account is in his name then he owes the bill but if the account is in your name they will come after you. DTV's contracts are for 2 yrs

Directv in Dallas, Texas - WE WANT THE BLAZE TV

They will not provide THE BLAZE TV even after several months of loyal customers asking for it??? Holy Cow -- WAIT I HAVE MORE -- But Aren't you happy with the newest channel they provide ---- Aljazeera --- NOT NOT NOT Bye Bye Direct TV:)) HELLO DISH NETWORK:)) DISH DISH DISH That's My New TV Provider!!!! Wonder how much money this is costing Direct TV? I'd say it's a pretty penny.Keep those accounts closing.Wonder why when so many people are requesting a station that Direct TV refuses to add it to their line up? Could this be sensorship? Hmmm Just a thought.

You carry Aljazeera but you won't carry the blaze, why is that.I'm sure Glenn Beck would negotiate with you on the fee. I'm going to cancel as soon as my contract is up and I will not refer you to anyone else.

dish owns the rights to blaze just as we own the right's to nfl sunday ticket

@rizzo

Dish does NOT own the rights to Blaze tv, the problem is Glen Beck does not want to be reasonable on the fees Directv want to pay for his channel, if he went to them and said you can carry it for free Directv would do it, but when they want 5million a month for the right to carry his programing that is just not good business it would make everyones bill go up and that would cause even more people to complain how much Directv sucks, you want blaze tv, tell them to ask a reasonable fee

dish has aljazeera as well, it was current tv then sold out but providers are still in contract with them . as for the blaze tell them to take the offer instead of being money hungry unless you want you're bill to sky rocket! investagate be for you run you're mouth :roll

Good for you!! The Blaze needs to be carried by DirecTV!!

I'm trying to get my husband to change to DISH! Hopefully soon....

View more comments (4)
Tags
  • Direct TV Reviews Do Not Order

Directv in Gloversville, New York - Trying To Switch Account From My Dead Father To Mine.

For Three Days Been Dealing With Direct TV Customer Sevice. For 3 Days I Woke Up To NO TV. Spent 2 Hours On Phone On Wednesday And 2/1 Hours Today Thursday AM. I Am Told TV Will Go Out Tonight At Midnight And No Sight Of When I Will Get I Get It. During This Time They Gave Me 2 Account Numbers And 1 Reference Number. Going Through Enough *** With The Loss Of My Father On 07/0/2013. Can You Believe This, Its What You Get When Your Honest. Should Of Kept Mouth Closed And Just Kept Paying Bill. And They Want People To Refer Customers, You Have You Be Kidding.

Directv in Chandler, Arizona - Loyalty Services

Paying $90 for just DirecTV services alone is ridiculous if you ask any customer. I had a previous credit of $20 that the loyalty customer service department put on the account last year that fell off last bill cycle and was not aware. The billing statements do not show what month of credit you are on. For example 1 of 12 to remind the customer that they should contact DirecTV regarding any loyal discount offers. I have had previous issue with DirecTV and usually after speaking with the loyalty department they are able to help me with my concerns. The only discount the loyalty department was willing to give was a $15 credit each month for one year. Another credit I have had to call about is the free HD for life that fell off when I moved over 2 years ago. This credit of $10 I have is falling off as well and DirecTV will offer nothing more than $15 to loyal customers and would not give any credit for the previous month. As much as the company says they appreciate their loyal customers, they don't reach out to them to correct all of their concerns. Unfortunately for me I'm stuck with the company until my contract is up, otherwise they charge you hundreds of dollars to cancel your services.I would not recommend DirecTV to anyone who is on a budget because your "new customer" costs will at least double in a year or go up even more.They have upcharged so much and will lose over $360 dollars a year in their upcharge fees for loyalty cusotmers.
IRONMAN_2013

Anonymous was right on the money. It's not like we can just decide to give credit out.

It's if were allowed to and that depends on a lot of things, how much credit you have gotten I'm the past, how you pay your bill etc. Also, EVERY company has 1st year credits that end sheet the first year read any kind of ad itll state x amount for x amount of time

Your sense of entitlement is astounding. Credits that lower your bill are courtesy credits, not protected by the Bill of Rights for god sakes. Every single company you will get some kind of service for might give you a discount at one point or another but they arent going to last forever.

By the way you are explained exactly how long discounts last when they are added clearly. Also the new customer offer is clearly defined how long it lasts in various forms when you sign up with Directv. Mine and everyone else's that I referred to Directv had multiple emails an letters explaining what the offer was, how long it lasted and what equipment was included in it.

So much info informing my cousin about the new customer offer that he was complaining that there were sending him too many things explaining the offers and he understood it the first 2 or 3 contacts.

You might want to learn to read and listen and keep track on your own when your discounts expire. Im assuming you are an adult correct? Act like one.

View more comments (1)

Directv in Whitewater, Wisconsin - Asked to Move Satellite Dish

I contacted DirecTV to have the Dish moved from it current location on the roof to a new Antenna tower that I had installed next to the house. They offered to upgrade service to the new receiver and sign a new contract for two years and they would move the dish at the same time. When the installer showed up to do the work he notified us that he could not install the dish on the antenna tower. This is the same tower he climbed up to get on our roof. I immediately called and cancelled Directv service and can't wait to have Dish Network installed on my antenna tower. Way to go DirecTV you just pissed off a loyal 10 year DirecTV customer.

I had a Direct TV installer here to change from Dish Network.My dish is on my tv tower.I wanted the Direct dish in the same location since the wiring is all there and he said it could not be installed on the TV tower.Dish Network worked there for the last 6 yrs.There is a clear path to the sattleite but he wouldn't do it so I cancelled the order :? :upset

And i bet dish will not install on the tower. They all have installation guidelines that must be followed...good luck with that

View more comments (1)
Review
I signed up for new Direct TV service today, 8/24/13 at Sam's Club in Pinellas Park, FL after I was informed and reassured by the Direct TV sales person that Direct TV and Verizon FIOS have an agreement that Verizon will not charge a termination fee if you sign up for...

FWIW according to Verizon's own agreement the sales person in Sams was correct

from the above link

"The Early Termination Fee will not apply if you cancel your FiOS Bundle or terminate a Service and, at the time of such termination, order and agree to a new FiOS Bundle."

so if you have a FiOS triple play and drop TV but agree to keep phone and internet you now have a new Fios bundle and as such there is no early termination fee

View more comments
Tags
  • Direct TV false advertisement

Directv in Merritt Island, Florida - Pissed Off Customer

Beware they are fraudulent. Just letting you know how unsatisfied I am with Direct TV. They have hidden charges and misquote people. They are unwilling to stand by their word. They miss lead you when setting up and then you inform them that they can disconnect their service and charge you $500 to your debit card on file. When calling to speak to customer care they come up with excuses for the misquote. They blame it on ATT and refuse to correct the situation. Please read every detail before committing to a spoken contract with ATT as you can not trust Direct TV

Beware anytime you do business with a company and it's contract content is in such fine print it cannot be read by the naked eye. also, check this business out before agreeing to their service or giving them you bank or credit card#.

An honest business will have its contract in bold print, it will have a good rating with the BBB, It will NOT have thousands of complaints from customers on the web, It will NOT have had numerous class-action law suits filed against it.

This is just a few red flags and should be a BIG warning sign to stay away from this business at all cost. When I think of DirectTV I think of Loan Sharks,they both work on the same principle.

I would whittle wood before I would subscribe to services through this company. They are bandits.

Beware!

DIRECT TV ARE CROOKS, STOLE $393.00 FROM MY CHECKING LOOK IT UP ON THE WEB... THEY ARE GETTING AWAY WITH THIS.

@HANK

you say the money was stolen more like you owe them money and they got it before you can take it and now you're sad poor Hank DirecTV got the money they were owed haha you're loss their gain next time read your contract in honor your agreement ***

@Anonymous

Amen. Sounds like this guy tried to skip out on his bill and was too *** to remember that companies like that save your card on file for the perfect time to charge a loser like this for closing costs.

Also sounds like the op didnt listen to a single thing he was told and is now whining about what he did not listen to.

Act like adults people.

I agree 100%.DirectTV and AT&T have a big business going and they both like to act as though they don't know what the other is doing when in fact they work together and know *** well what the other is doing but by passing the buck they think the customer will just give up. The simple truth is they LIE about everything>

I think cable and satellite TV/Internet/phone companies are not to be trusted with all the fine print. It's difficult to get a straight answer or a firm price on any service or product especially before subscribing.

Pricing reforms need to be made. Bills should not be a surprise.

View more comments (6)

Directv and Al Jazzera

I will not renew my subscription to Directv while they offer anti-American Al Jazzera network. This is post-911 America and Al Jazzera is blatently anti-American.I will not renew my subscription to Directv while they offer anti-American Al Jazzera network. This is post-911 America and Al Jazzera is blatently anti-American. I will not renew my subscription to Directv while they offer anti-American Al Jazzera network. This is post-911 America and Al Jazzera is blatently anti-AmeriI will not renew my subscription to Directv while they offer anti-American Al Jazzera network. This is post-911 America and Al Jazzera is blatently anti-American.can.

Yeah! Racism is going to help make America a better place.

--said no one except you white chauvinist pigs.

Get over your discrimination and start enjoying life.

You do realize that everyone is equal and an individual and has the right to have the same opportunities as everyone else.

If we stopped focusing on the views of our brothers and sisters and started watching what the government and news is lying about. Then you might wake up to the truth.

I totally agree and will encourage my family members and as many as I can persuade to cancel directv. I didn't serve two tours in Iraq for this ***!

@Hotshot flyboy

You better steer clear of all providers because all of them carry this stationthat was formerly known as current tv.

Al Jazeera America is for the most part filmed in America with anchors and contributors from multiple different news outlets. Have you even watched the network or do you just listen to the defacation spewing from Glen Becks mouth?

Heck, Al Jazeera is from Qatar, who are actually a military ally to the US.

Its just a simple world news station. The providers all have to provide the channel due to contracts for currenttv.

Then go to streaming because all providers have it

View more comments (4)
Review

Directv - No F*@!#ing loyalty to customers!

I've been a customer with DTV for 13 years!!! My husband passed away and they made me close the account and open a new one, losing my "tenure" with them. Now, whenever they deal with me, they see me as a new customer - total BS!!! I am a disabled widow, on a very fixed income. I had some serious family issues come up and caused interstate moving, and unforeseen expenses. I've struggled to catch up on bill and asked for an extension from 8/27 to 9/3, committing to payoff entire balance, just to and avoid interruption. I've been treated with condescending arrogance and unwillingness to even try and work with me on this - it's pay by 27th or disconnect PERIOD. Where is the middle ground??? Who makes semi-flexible arrangements, short-term, to keep from losing loyal customers over 1-2 week periods??? I am ready to switch to ANYONE ELSE-likely DISHTV just demonstrate how disgusted I am with DTV.!!!!! UNBELIEVEABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!! SUCKS!
IRONMAN_2013

Here to shed some light. As far as shutting down service, you should have gotten new customer deals which as was previously said, us better than what you were doing.

Everything the person that cussed alot said is true, billing options wise. Also, how do you pay the bill?

If it's automatically taken out of your bank account, 9/10 times we can't help with extending the date. If you send a check in then wed be able to do so

Sorry for you loss. If you can possibly switch to Dish do so or any cable company.

Dish does have a 2 yr contract also but cable does not have a contract. Be careful with your bank account or credit card with DirectTV.

If you stay with DTV it would be wise to change your bank account# and do not let them have the new# otherwise DTV is well known for helping themselves to their customers bank accounts.

Making an account in your name would have given you a new customer offer which is 20x better than your original one. What are you whining about?

Secondly I was really having a hard time affording my tv bill just like you and you know what I did? I went to the lowest package for a couple months until I caught up. Sounds like you want everyone and everything change the rules just for you.

Also if things get really bad you can suspend your acct as well for a long time so your not billed for anything while it is in effect. I've done this as well a couple times.

You say you're elderly but you act like your 16 years old. Grow up.

Sorry for your loss.Be careful dealing with DirectTV because they most likely have on file your bank or credit card# and they do not hesitate to use this to get money without your consent. Don't just up and cancel their service because they will charge you $20 for every month left on your contract plus a lot of times they charge for non-returned equipment fees before you can return the equipment and it is almost impossible to get your money back.

When returning their equipment be sure to get a tracking# from whatever service DTV or you use to return the equipment. They made you close your account for this very reason so they can charge you these fees as a new customer.

View more comments (3)
Review

Directv in Indianapolis, Indiana - Technician never showed up to restore service

Contacted directv 3 times regarding appt. technician still has not called or shown up. Have been without service.tech support could not restore over phone. Stated would need to send tech and would charge me $49.95 for service call. Why should I pay service charge when they can't get my service working?. Finally agreed to waive fee. Said tech could come out next day between 12&4 Never showed. Called around 4:30 said pushed back to 4-6 Still never called or showed, called a third time Still stating would come and tech would call. It's 7pm still no call or no show, Ready to just change to xfinity!

Direct tv worst company to deal with cannot fix problem very fast or at all all i here keep calling tech i have more hours on phone watng than i have watching tv started first day any help. Geting rid of direct tv please help never again worstcoustmer service ever :cry