Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Directv in Merritt Island, Florida - Pissed Off Customer

Beware they are fraudulent. Just letting you know how unsatisfied I am with Direct TV. They have hidden charges and misquote people. They are unwilling to stand by their word. They miss lead you when setting up and then you inform them that they can disconnect their service and charge you $500 to your debit card on file. When calling to speak to customer care they come up with excuses for the misquote. They blame it on ATT and refuse to correct the situation. Please read every detail before committing to a spoken contract with ATT as you can not trust Direct TV

Beware anytime you do business with a company and it's contract content is in such fine print it cannot be read by the naked eye. also, check this business out before agreeing to their service or giving them you bank or credit card#.

An honest business will have its contract in bold print, it will have a good rating with the BBB, It will NOT have thousands of complaints from customers on the web, It will NOT have had numerous class-action law suits filed against it.

This is just a few red flags and should be a BIG warning sign to stay away from this business at all cost. When I think of DirectTV I think of Loan Sharks,they both work on the same principle.

I would whittle wood before I would subscribe to services through this company. They are bandits.

Beware!

DIRECT TV ARE CROOKS, STOLE $393.00 FROM MY CHECKING LOOK IT UP ON THE WEB... THEY ARE GETTING AWAY WITH THIS.

@HANK

you say the money was stolen more like you owe them money and they got it before you can take it and now you're sad poor Hank DirecTV got the money they were owed haha you're loss their gain next time read your contract in honor your agreement ***

@Anonymous

Amen. Sounds like this guy tried to skip out on his bill and was too *** to remember that companies like that save your card on file for the perfect time to charge a loser like this for closing costs.

Also sounds like the op didnt listen to a single thing he was told and is now whining about what he did not listen to.

Act like adults people.

I agree 100%.DirectTV and AT&T have a big business going and they both like to act as though they don't know what the other is doing when in fact they work together and know *** well what the other is doing but by passing the buck they think the customer will just give up. The simple truth is they LIE about everything>

I think cable and satellite TV/Internet/phone companies are not to be trusted with all the fine print. It's difficult to get a straight answer or a firm price on any service or product especially before subscribing.

Pricing reforms need to be made. Bills should not be a surprise.

View more comments (6)

Directv and Al Jazzera

I will not renew my subscription to Directv while they offer anti-American Al Jazzera network. This is post-911 America and Al Jazzera is blatently anti-American.I will not renew my subscription to Directv while they offer anti-American Al Jazzera network. This is post-911 America and Al Jazzera is blatently anti-American. I will not renew my subscription to Directv while they offer anti-American Al Jazzera network. This is post-911 America and Al Jazzera is blatently anti-AmeriI will not renew my subscription to Directv while they offer anti-American Al Jazzera network. This is post-911 America and Al Jazzera is blatently anti-American.can.

Yeah! Racism is going to help make America a better place.

--said no one except you white chauvinist pigs.

Get over your discrimination and start enjoying life.

You do realize that everyone is equal and an individual and has the right to have the same opportunities as everyone else.

If we stopped focusing on the views of our brothers and sisters and started watching what the government and news is lying about. Then you might wake up to the truth.

I totally agree and will encourage my family members and as many as I can persuade to cancel directv. I didn't serve two tours in Iraq for this ***!

@Hotshot flyboy

You better steer clear of all providers because all of them carry this stationthat was formerly known as current tv.

Al Jazeera America is for the most part filmed in America with anchors and contributors from multiple different news outlets. Have you even watched the network or do you just listen to the defacation spewing from Glen Becks mouth?

Heck, Al Jazeera is from Qatar, who are actually a military ally to the US.

Its just a simple world news station. The providers all have to provide the channel due to contracts for currenttv.

Then go to streaming because all providers have it

View more comments (4)
Review

Directv - No F*@!#ing loyalty to customers!

I've been a customer with DTV for 13 years!!! My husband passed away and they made me close the account and open a new one, losing my "tenure" with them. Now, whenever they deal with me, they see me as a new customer - total BS!!! I am a disabled widow, on a very fixed income. I had some serious family issues come up and caused interstate moving, and unforeseen expenses. I've struggled to catch up on bill and asked for an extension from 8/27 to 9/3, committing to payoff entire balance, just to and avoid interruption. I've been treated with condescending arrogance and unwillingness to even try and work with me on this - it's pay by 27th or disconnect PERIOD. Where is the middle ground??? Who makes semi-flexible arrangements, short-term, to keep from losing loyal customers over 1-2 week periods??? I am ready to switch to ANYONE ELSE-likely DISHTV just demonstrate how disgusted I am with DTV.!!!!! UNBELIEVEABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!! SUCKS!
IRONMAN_2013

Here to shed some light. As far as shutting down service, you should have gotten new customer deals which as was previously said, us better than what you were doing.

Everything the person that cussed alot said is true, billing options wise. Also, how do you pay the bill?

If it's automatically taken out of your bank account, 9/10 times we can't help with extending the date. If you send a check in then wed be able to do so

Sorry for you loss. If you can possibly switch to Dish do so or any cable company.

Dish does have a 2 yr contract also but cable does not have a contract. Be careful with your bank account or credit card with DirectTV.

If you stay with DTV it would be wise to change your bank account# and do not let them have the new# otherwise DTV is well known for helping themselves to their customers bank accounts.

Making an account in your name would have given you a new customer offer which is 20x better than your original one. What are you whining about?

Secondly I was really having a hard time affording my tv bill just like you and you know what I did? I went to the lowest package for a couple months until I caught up. Sounds like you want everyone and everything change the rules just for you.

Also if things get really bad you can suspend your acct as well for a long time so your not billed for anything while it is in effect. I've done this as well a couple times.

You say you're elderly but you act like your 16 years old. Grow up.

Sorry for your loss.Be careful dealing with DirectTV because they most likely have on file your bank or credit card# and they do not hesitate to use this to get money without your consent. Don't just up and cancel their service because they will charge you $20 for every month left on your contract plus a lot of times they charge for non-returned equipment fees before you can return the equipment and it is almost impossible to get your money back.

When returning their equipment be sure to get a tracking# from whatever service DTV or you use to return the equipment. They made you close your account for this very reason so they can charge you these fees as a new customer.

View more comments (3)
Review

Directv in Indianapolis, Indiana - Technician never showed up to restore service

Contacted directv 3 times regarding appt. technician still has not called or shown up. Have been without service.tech support could not restore over phone. Stated would need to send tech and would charge me $49.95 for service call. Why should I pay service charge when they can't get my service working?. Finally agreed to waive fee. Said tech could come out next day between 12&4 Never showed. Called around 4:30 said pushed back to 4-6 Still never called or showed, called a third time Still stating would come and tech would call. It's 7pm still no call or no show, Ready to just change to xfinity!

Direct tv worst company to deal with cannot fix problem very fast or at all all i here keep calling tech i have more hours on phone watng than i have watching tv started first day any help. Geting rid of direct tv please help never again worstcoustmer service ever :cry

Directv abuse

Directv is horrible! They do what ever they want. They don't inform you about the extra charges before they do! How can we stop their abuse. I have seceral technical problems in less than 3 months. They over charge you and when you call to fix the problem it takes several phone calls and people to fix the problem. I spoke with a supervisors and they dont have the knowledge to fix problems. last time a technician came to fix a problem, directv charged me a $200.00 for a dvr that his technician took, obviously they don't what is going on.

Direct tv is full of it they added a extra year to my contract cause I moved to a other home same equipment just had to move they freaking suck

Directv doesnt charge you for replacing a receiver dude. You're full of it.

They might charge for shipping but thats it. Sounds like you demanded an upgrade from like a dvr to a hddvr and weren't eligible and now are lying to make yourself look like a victim.

Grow up.

View more comments (1)
Review
#442097 Review #442097 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Directv in Old Town, Maine - Direct or UNdirect TV ?

Have a problem with my billing, called all the phone numbers I could find for Direct TV, to no avail. Every single number brought me to the SAME recorded message. I have had this problem for the entire time with this company. Shouldn't every company be required to offer an operator or representative as an option ? Not every problem or question can be handled by a voice prompt!!! My 89.99 a month turned out to be 140.00 a month,so at this point of over a year of getting no where, I am done with this company. Should I flag down one of their vans to get their junk back to them ?

You are under a 2 yr contract If you cancel service DTV will charge you $20 per month for every month left on your contract plus they usually charge for non-returned equipment fees before you can get the equipment back to them. So NO don't give the equipment to anyone! If you want/need to return their equipment call DTV and have them send you mailing boxes and labels to send their equipment back and get a tracking # so you can prove they get it.

aegisfang

The ivr prompts are crystal clear with Directv. Take the time to listen to them and you can get thru it if you really need to speak to an agent.

How long have you been with Directv? A year? 2 years? Your bill will go up after that time after your new customer offer expires. This is clearly explained to you multiple times via the agent setting up the offer, several confirmation emails an letters defining what services you have and how long your offers/discounts last.

Your issue doesnt seem to be Directv, but your own listening an comprehension skills.

View more comments (1)
Review
#442057 Review #442057 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss
Are you kidding me direct tv. As soon as I can get them on the phone in the morning we are done over this terrorist channel. Nothing more than radical terrorist trying to lure people in by americansing it up their channel. Wake up america you are giving away your...

Ragheads can kiss my American butt.

I wish America would bomb Mecca.

The prophet Muhammad is a fake.

Allah is a fake.

Islam in general is a fake.

Imstead of bombing Syria We

should take out the Saudis.

View more comments
Review
#441939 Review #441939 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Directv in Denver, Colorado - Al Jazera Channel

How can you possibly think its alright to have a channel on American TV owned and operated by the very same people that attacked the US and killed thousands of people, and are trying very hard to take over this and other countries? Where is your patriotism? Where are your guts? Is your pocket book so damned important to you that you will side with US enemies? Shame on you!!! They advertize that we would be getting the "complete news" and a more correct account of the happenings. I had two brothers that died in WWII so that we may continue to enjoy our freedoms, not to be taken over by Al Quida. How can you spend our hard earned money to patronize people such as this?

Yeah direct tv loves those *** worshiping closet queers, because like mindless occultist love your children.

Review
u have taken off my speed channel 607 and now has become some fox 1 sports ***. i am very unhappy with this change. if i wanted to watch boxing, baselball, golf, ect i would have purchased the sports package. i want my 607 speed vision back. they had the best shows. i...
aegisfang

LOL you dummies do realized that Directv has zero say in this change right? Your issue is with Fox Broadcasting for making that decision.

Why do people assume that companies that carry that channel have any control over what is being broadcast? Google search Fox Broadcasting's Customer Service # and leave feedback.

THAT actually makes a difference guys.

View more comments
Tags
  • los of channels

Directv - Direct TV customer still under contract

Objectionable programming material-As I am a Direct TV customer, I more than strongly object to my money being spent to fund the broadcasting of the Al Jezera. How dare you even consider using my hard earned dollars to support those who take joy in killing thousands of Americans on 9-11 and after yet refuse to support programming that is Made in America for Americans? I will be terminating your service as soon as my contract is up and will urge my friends, family, neighbors and acquaintances to do the same. As one person I cannot do much, but with the support of others we can make our voice be heard.

BOY DO I AGREE---IT IS NOT RIGHT TO SUPPORT THOSE WHO HATE AMERICA AND CHRISTIANS---I TOO WILL DROP DIRECT TV WHEN MY CONTRACT IS UP..

sessa

I hear ya. I hate CMT.

Clearly all country music fans are ignorant rednecks who are completely intolerable of anyone who doesn't agree with them. I continue to be outraged that Time Warner Cable includes that *** racist country music channel in my lineup.

I should be able to control what channels I'm provided based on my own ignorant, uneducated views. :roll :roll

@sessa

You write about ignorant people. Why bother, just look in the mirror. To make such broad statements is just ***.

View more comments (2)