Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Directv in Indianapolis, Indiana - Technician never showed up to restore service

Contacted directv 3 times regarding appt. technician still has not called or shown up. Have been without service.tech support could not restore over phone. Stated would need to send tech and would charge me $49.95 for service call. Why should I pay service charge when they can't get my service working?. Finally agreed to waive fee. Said tech could come out next day between 12&4 Never showed. Called around 4:30 said pushed back to 4-6 Still never called or showed, called a third time Still stating would come and tech would call. It's 7pm still no call or no show, Ready to just change to xfinity!

Direct tv worst company to deal with cannot fix problem very fast or at all all i here keep calling tech i have more hours on phone watng than i have watching tv started first day any help. Geting rid of direct tv please help never again worstcoustmer service ever :cry

Directv abuse

Directv is horrible! They do what ever they want. They don't inform you about the extra charges before they do! How can we stop their abuse. I have seceral technical problems in less than 3 months. They over charge you and when you call to fix the problem it takes several phone calls and people to fix the problem. I spoke with a supervisors and they dont have the knowledge to fix problems. last time a technician came to fix a problem, directv charged me a $200.00 for a dvr that his technician took, obviously they don't what is going on.

Direct tv is full of it they added a extra year to my contract cause I moved to a other home same equipment just had to move they freaking suck

Directv doesnt charge you for replacing a receiver dude. You're full of it.

They might charge for shipping but thats it. Sounds like you demanded an upgrade from like a dvr to a hddvr and weren't eligible and now are lying to make yourself look like a victim.

Grow up.

View more comments (1)
Review
#442097 Review #442097 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Directv in Old Town, Maine - Direct or UNdirect TV ?

Have a problem with my billing, called all the phone numbers I could find for Direct TV, to no avail. Every single number brought me to the SAME recorded message. I have had this problem for the entire time with this company. Shouldn't every company be required to offer an operator or representative as an option ? Not every problem or question can be handled by a voice prompt!!! My 89.99 a month turned out to be 140.00 a month,so at this point of over a year of getting no where, I am done with this company. Should I flag down one of their vans to get their junk back to them ?

You are under a 2 yr contract If you cancel service DTV will charge you $20 per month for every month left on your contract plus they usually charge for non-returned equipment fees before you can get the equipment back to them. So NO don't give the equipment to anyone! If you want/need to return their equipment call DTV and have them send you mailing boxes and labels to send their equipment back and get a tracking # so you can prove they get it.

aegisfang

The ivr prompts are crystal clear with Directv. Take the time to listen to them and you can get thru it if you really need to speak to an agent.

How long have you been with Directv? A year? 2 years? Your bill will go up after that time after your new customer offer expires. This is clearly explained to you multiple times via the agent setting up the offer, several confirmation emails an letters defining what services you have and how long your offers/discounts last.

Your issue doesnt seem to be Directv, but your own listening an comprehension skills.

View more comments (1)
Review
#442057 Review #442057 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss
Are you kidding me direct tv. As soon as I can get them on the phone in the morning we are done over this terrorist channel. Nothing more than radical terrorist trying to lure people in by americansing it up their channel. Wake up america you are giving away your...

Ragheads can kiss my American butt.

I wish America would bomb Mecca.

The prophet Muhammad is a fake.

Allah is a fake.

Islam in general is a fake.

Imstead of bombing Syria We

should take out the Saudis.

View more comments
Review
#441939 Review #441939 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Directv in Denver, Colorado - Al Jazera Channel

How can you possibly think its alright to have a channel on American TV owned and operated by the very same people that attacked the US and killed thousands of people, and are trying very hard to take over this and other countries? Where is your patriotism? Where are your guts? Is your pocket book so damned important to you that you will side with US enemies? Shame on you!!! They advertize that we would be getting the "complete news" and a more correct account of the happenings. I had two brothers that died in WWII so that we may continue to enjoy our freedoms, not to be taken over by Al Quida. How can you spend our hard earned money to patronize people such as this?

Yeah direct tv loves those *** worshiping closet queers, because like mindless occultist love your children.

Review
u have taken off my speed channel 607 and now has become some fox 1 sports ***. i am very unhappy with this change. if i wanted to watch boxing, baselball, golf, ect i would have purchased the sports package. i want my 607 speed vision back. they had the best shows. i...
aegisfang

LOL you dummies do realized that Directv has zero say in this change right? Your issue is with Fox Broadcasting for making that decision.

Why do people assume that companies that carry that channel have any control over what is being broadcast? Google search Fox Broadcasting's Customer Service # and leave feedback.

THAT actually makes a difference guys.

View more comments
Tags
  • los of channels

Directv - Direct TV customer still under contract

Objectionable programming material-As I am a Direct TV customer, I more than strongly object to my money being spent to fund the broadcasting of the Al Jezera. How dare you even consider using my hard earned dollars to support those who take joy in killing thousands of Americans on 9-11 and after yet refuse to support programming that is Made in America for Americans? I will be terminating your service as soon as my contract is up and will urge my friends, family, neighbors and acquaintances to do the same. As one person I cannot do much, but with the support of others we can make our voice be heard.

BOY DO I AGREE---IT IS NOT RIGHT TO SUPPORT THOSE WHO HATE AMERICA AND CHRISTIANS---I TOO WILL DROP DIRECT TV WHEN MY CONTRACT IS UP..

sessa

I hear ya. I hate CMT.

Clearly all country music fans are ignorant rednecks who are completely intolerable of anyone who doesn't agree with them. I continue to be outraged that Time Warner Cable includes that *** racist country music channel in my lineup.

I should be able to control what channels I'm provided based on my own ignorant, uneducated views. :roll :roll

@sessa

You write about ignorant people. Why bother, just look in the mirror. To make such broad statements is just ***.

View more comments (2)

Directv in Orlando, Florida - Tye Orshal

had service for 4 days they shut it off after spending combined 3 hrs on the phone they told me they turned it off because my brother in a different city did not pay his bill there customer service did nothing but keep givin me different phone # to call had service for 4 days they shut it off after spending combined 3 hrs on the phone they told me they turned it off because my brother in a different city did not pay his bill there customer service did nothing but keep given me different phone # to call do not use !!!!!!

In addition to my former post about lies about bills, our service was suspended, we were accused of cancelling it on line and found out that dtv had never cleared our old card when we upgraded to hd. Sent tech out with non hd equipment when we already had hd service and had repeatedly said we did not want to change that.so add incompetent to unethical and dishonest.

Directv in San Jose, California - Veterran on hard times

Thanks to the state of AZ cutting my food stamps to 11 dollars a month after cutting me off completely, I have been forced to spend my money for bills on food. Due to my physical problems and the care I have received, I now find that my liver, pancreas and liver are reay to shut down. The medication I take to keep them working requires that I take my meds in the middle of a meal. Direct TV agreed to keep my service on until the 27th of September, 2013. I wake up today on the 21st to find my service shut off and they refuse to connect me to anyone! Ernest Paladin

If you are truly sick, then I wish you the best. But as others have said, you have more important things to worry about than keeping your Directv connected. That said, I am a veteran myself. As such, there are two things regarding veteran status that will never sit well with me.

One is a person claiming to be a veteran who has never served a day in their life. The other is a person who actually is a veteran that never misses an opportunity to inform everybody he meets of his service with the express intent of eliciting sympathy, admiration, special treatment, a service extension from his television service provider, etc.

The fact that you pulled a hitch doesn't entitle you to jack besides whatever pay/benefits you earned while in uniform and you dishonor all of us everytime you pull that garbage. You chose the service, it DID NOT choose you! The fact that you were paying for the luxury of satellite tv while drawing government assistance demonstrates skewed financial priorities and speaks volumes. It's embarassing! From one vet to another..Where's your pride?

(That's if you even served)

If your contract is not up for your TV service keep a close eye on your bank account or credit card whichever DirectTV has on file for you because DTV will more than likely put a big charge on this for early cancellation fees and non-returned equipment fees. They will go in and take your money from your bank without telling you and it is almost impossible to get your money back.

You may need to change your bank account number if it is your bank account they have. Also if you return their equipment call them for boxes and mailing labels and when returning be sure to get a tracking # to prove they get their equipment. Direct TV does not care about their customers or their problems. I wish you the best.

Thank You Sir for serving our country. I hope this helps

I am sorry your ill but when did having Direct TV or cable become a necessity. You should be spending your money on food or medicine if you are getting gov't aid.

aegisfang

Dude if all of that is true you have WAY larger issues to deal with than Tv. Your focus and energies should be elsewhere my friend.

juniorhippie88---I feel very bad for your pain. These companies do not care about the people they serve.

We are simply dollar signs to them.

I DON'T KNOW IF YOU HAVE A sT. vINCENT dE pAUL in your area, but they often will help with meds and other bills.

Good luck to you.

@Jeannie

Yeah it is a business dummy. Go into your grocery store and put a loaf of bread in your hands and try to walk out.

When stopped, tell them you're ill and then get pissy when they dont let you keep the bread.

It isnt a charity. If the man is having problems financially he can look for 10 minutes thru his government pages in his phone book and find many many avenues for financial aid.

HOW DARE U, "REALLY1"- DID U NOT HAPPEN TO SEE THAT HE IS A VETERAN. U UNGRATEFUL ***.

IF HE IS HOME AL DAY IT IS BECAUSE HE FOUGHT FOR YOUR LIBERTIES!!!!!! U OWE HIM A APOLOGY.

@Anonymous

And he choose to be in the military. No one forced him to choose that career path.

I am sorry the guy is ill but just because he made the decision to serve does not make him any more special than the doctor that dies of an illness given to him or her by a patient. Or than an environmental geologist that gets exposed to and dies from cancers obtained while drilling to make sure the community getscleanwater. Or the coal miner that dies of black lung or in a collapse so many can have power and heat.

Our liberties are taken away from us by the government he worked for. Yes helped with pur safety but he did not give us liberty

I think you have bigger problems to worry about,other than DIRECTV turing off your service, so you can sit on your *** all day, and get sicker.

View more comments (8)

Directv in Long Beach, California - Mrs. Rebecca Apiz-Sacks

I became a widow last year and have had to move in with a friend due to financial difficulties due to the loss of my husband. My friend already has a cable service contract with another company. Therefore, I was not able to transfer my service to my new address. According to your billing services, I owe $300.00 for an early cancellation fee. I have explained my situation to your agent,Oscar, who said he did not have the capacity to do anything to help me. I asked for his supervisor named Jose who asked me this question over an over again "what payment arrangements would you like to make?" I explained my situation again to Jose. My bank account balance will not be sufficient to cover the charge that is to take place from your company in 15 days. I would like to have the balance lowered and to be able to pay it in parts. I can send you my husband's death certificate as proof of my situation. Your assistance is appreciated. Rebecca Apiz-Sacks

The only reason you would have an early cancellation fee was if you agreed to keep service for a certain length of time. Now you want to break that agreement cause you can get free service somewhere else?

Tough luck. Own up to your responsibility and stop whining.

Dont want to have a contract for a certain period of time? Dont sign the agreement.

It is simple and part of being an adult. Sounds like you want everyone to adjust the rules just for you.

@Anonymous

To the individual who said "stop whining". I don't think you read my post completely, because your comments make no sense.

I can tell you have never lost a spouse and that you have no idea how difficult life becomes emotionally and monetarily after such a loss. Yes, it is difficult for me to pay the entire $300.00 penalty right away instead of in parts as I requested. Gee, from what you said I guess you think my husband and I shouldn't have signed up for Direct TV because we should have known that he was going to die from a heart attack a few months later at at such a young age. Sorry you think I'm "whining" and, by the way - many thanks for your condolences - I hope you and your significant other (if you have one)have a long and prosperous life .

. .

PS. You sound like you may work for Direct TV

Sorry for your loss.Yes, do close the account and open a new one or DTV will help themselves to whatever amount they decide they want and will leave your account over drawn and then there will be problems with the bank and it's impossible to get your money back. I do not believe DirectTV answers any of these post on this site.

LTCC

close your account and move your money to a new one....pretty tough one

View more comments (3)