Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Directv in Fresno, California - Direct TV

Looking to buy new TV at Costco and instead got a nice Direct TV sales person pitching their services.I signed up. I detest Direct TV's marketing as it is a bait and switch business so they can get you to sign up and then make a fortune off you while you wait out the end of the contract. I am apparently getting what I signed on the bottom line to receive as the credits drop off and the bill goes up and they make a fortune off me while I wait out the end of the contract so you can CANCEL them ASAP. Customer service has been very nice when I called, not much they can do about this underhanded employer.

DirectTV pays businesses such as Costco,SamsClub,Walmart&BestBuy large sums of money to let their reps set up tables and sell DTV to their customers. The business places know how dirty DTV is and allows this to happen.

DirectTV is well aware of what the reps tell people is not the truth.

That is one way DTV makes their money. When returning their equipment get a tracking# or they may say they did not get it and make you pay for this as well and keep an eye on the account you gave them when you signed up because sometimes they do not give you time to return the equipment before they debit this account without asking you.

Watch when you cancel....the equipment you purchased when you started must be returned or they charge you $500 per box!!! :eek

View more comments (1)

Directv in Denver, Colorado - Dtv billing rep telling it like it is

Here are some things people should realize prior to complaining 1. NOBODY put a gun to your head to make you sign your contract 2. READ the contract that you signed that gives DTV the right to charge the card or checking acct on file for monies owed on the account that you created when you SIGNED your CONTRACT 3. Reps DO NOT CARE that your going to loose your home, have to put granny over a cliff or loose your job because money was taken that was owed under the CONTRACT you signed I get about 30 calls a day about stuff like "You stole my money" or " I never agreed to a new contract" (even though I look at the logs and it was told to you 2 times by 2 different reps including someone who's job it is to make sure you where told) You say your going to get a lawyer and sue, I have been told a few times I am going to go to *** because we had the nerve to take money that was owed, or will not turn on service for someone who on a regular basis is disconnected for failure to pay. YOU SHOULD ALL KNOW!!! that we will try to help you if we can BUT that does not mean we are going to give you anything you want, Why should I waive a cancellation fee for you when EVERYONE else has to pay it this would not be fair to the people who pay their bills and live up to what they signed, what makes YOU so special, This is a business and for me or any rep to go outside the established guidelines would be irresponsible. in short PAY YOUR BILLS, LIVE UP TO YOUR CONTRACT, and don't complain when we don't, try to stop your crying because your told no, this is the pattern of a 3 year old not getting their way at the local k-mart

I don't think you should be in customer service lol sounds like you really hate dealing with customers

I've worked in call centers for 15 years and I have to admit that what this guy has said is true there are policies in place and if a customer is requesting something that is against that policy then they should be told no point blank end of story this can and lots of time can cause hardships on people but the reps can not should not use their own judgement that is not why they are there their job is "company enforcer" make the company money people should learn what they are getting into prior to signing any agreement and when I say learn go to more places then this site with less then 5% of people with complaints that leaves 95% of people who like their service just like #1 said nobody forced anyone to get into an agreement I do agree it could of been said better but your point was made

Shannonlayne

i can assure you sir, that all information, including my name, address, telephone number and account number have been included in my contact. Additionally, I have requested that Directv request from this website the IP address from which your comments were posted or in the alternative, explain to me why they refuse to make the request.

@Shannonlayne

If you wanted my ip you could of asked 69.231.13.155 now if you think that will help great, but with the way the laws are my Isp would need to be issued a warrant to release my personal info but that not all.. The account is in someone else's name so good luck but I've seen this all go down before have lots of fun wasting your time this post is on my work computer so they can track back to a break room on their own site

@Shannonlayne

I hate to say it to you but I think you have been Trolled, there is nothing that this person has said that can not be found on other sites on the net, the best thing we can do is let this troll die under a bridge

@TROLL HUNTER

Oh let him have his fun, at least maybe now he has his pants pulled up.

@TROLL HUNTER

I don't know if this person does work for the company but I do think they work in some type of call center I know because we all had the same feeling at times and if you feel the need to try and report him go for it but from my experience it is futile it cost thousands to get internet providers to cough up info on someone I know this from experience when someone was posting false info about our company and at fought with t tooth and nail to protect their customers "right" to privacy

Shannonlayne

You sir are certainly entitled to your opinion, and I respectfully shall respect it as just that; however the fact remains that I have copied all correspondence within this thread and it shall be sent via certified mail to Directv's customer relations, to see just how strongly they support your position.

@Shannonlayne

I'll tell you exactly what will happen they will send a company wide email telling us not to post on these sites but there is no way to tell who I am so in short nothing will happen except more laughing around the call center and a form letter saying they will investigate the complaint, I find it surprising that you won't include your info when you complain anonymous complaints get filed in the trash ones that have contact info get put in the system for all to see so good luck

Shannonlayne

I understood his comment to suggest that maybe a career path which requires little or no human interaction, just might be more appropriate

@Shannonlayne

I love my job first of all they are paying for my school and letting me work great hrs just because the old saying " the customer is always right" does not mean its true its a business you pay your money you get service you signed a contract and would be irresponsible to give everyone what they feel entitled to maybe you should get out of the 60s and joins the new world of 2013

And we wonder where the IRS finds its special agents. When I read comments such as this turd from DirectTV, I tend to wonder why I'm contributing to his future or to his employer.

Contract or not, this dufuss is a royal ***, undeserving of a decent job. His attitude is a reflection of what his employer is.

And I'm suppose to subject myself and my friends to such a narcissistic employee? Thank God for freedom to tell DirectTV to kiss my *** :grin

@Randall R.Kniess

So you rather another hard working american be out of work because you don't like what he has to say. Why don't you try and help the problem rather than be part of it

@Randall R.Kniess

So you lump all of the thousands of dtv employees into one category based on 1 person. Kind of ignorant of you. Good thing i do not lump all people into one category based on one persons viewpoint or actions or i would not shop anywhere or like anyone.

Shannonlayne

I suppose I'm about to show my age here, however; I do agree with you in the fact that no one was forced to sign with Directv. (here goes the showing my age part). But I grew up in a time when 'the customer was right' and when contracts with pages of fine print were not necessary, you were told exactly what you could expect and you got that, and most importantly when customer service really meant something and those people understood that if the customer wasn't happy they needed to find out what the problem was, and fix it - not go into a public forum and berate their customers.

I live in Louisiana, here we have a commercial law known as 'everything in one document', basically it prevents car dealers from using old tricks like spot agreements, but it also addresses companies that think that if they revise a contract it is accepted by their customers unless they specifically refuse it.

Some years ago I sent via certified mail, a contract to Directv, basically stating that unless they specifically and in writing denied my contract, they would owe me $10,000 per day that I had any interference with my service. Obviously it was never replied to, I shall have to dig that out and see what it's current value is.

Anyway, go back and read your bullet #3: Reps DO NOT CARE........

You said a mouthful there.

Where you work matters not, to me at least, but I can attest to the fact that if an employee of mine took it upon himself to publicly attempt to humiliate or intimidate my customers, in a fashion similar to what in my opinion, you have done in your posts here, he or she would be packing their things and seeking employment elsewhere. Admittedly, I have no idea if you are truly who you say you are, but out of curiosity, I have taken screen shots of this thread and will be forwarding under separate cover, copies to Directv management. While I've been a customer for many years now, I'm no longer under a binding contract, and genuinely interested to see if the people that I spend my money with, share my values when it comes to customer service.

Thanks though for your professional insight and clearing up Directv's stance on unhappy or unsatisfied customers.

@Shannonlayne

I'm just being honest I do my job and there are policy's I have to adhere to I have been accused of everything from me being a raciest to being the devil himself all because I stick to agreements are you willing to accept a $10 a month to increase to your bill to let other people out of their agreements prob not, why not have someone who is willing to say NO you can read the agreement online anytime even before you sign up do I feel sorry for them yes will I make exceptions no how is it fair to do it for one person not the next one so once again I say don't be a DNRC(dumba$$ didn't read contract) know what you sign and don't complain when dtv holds up their end

#719133
@Shannonlayne

If em employee of yours spoke their mind you would sell less crack and your employees would have to stand on the street corner not making money

Directv Put me on the credit Berue and I never knew. When I went to buy a new car I found out! I protested it and won but if I haden't been buying a car I would never had known!

Awww loook. Someone whos decisions in life has landed them with the almighty dialer job in controll of late fees.

Arent you the lucky one? Cant wait to tell your grand kids about your killer job working a dialer listening to the same story over and over. Which inevitably lead to you voicing your frustrations behind the protection of a anonymous complaint board. Sadly you lack the courage to voice your concerns over your lil dialer ***.

What would you do if the power to waive a fee is taken from you? You return to mediocracy? God forbid. Funny how you tell people whatto do and yet you couldnt quite figure it out, or your life profession wouldnt lead you to pathetic rants about the people that keep you employed.

Keep it up though.

One day youll work youre way up to a supervisor, and will be making $15 hr. at which point youll be the epidome of success amongst your peers.

@Anonymous

Well to be honest I'm already a supervisor in the office of the president and not unhappy at all I make salary and they pay for most of school and allow me to finish my masters degree I have invested in DirecTV and they have invested in me You people get mad because we enforce the contracts that where signed in good faith if the person is a DNRC (DumbA$$ not read contract) how is it our fault when enforcement comes personal attacks .ake make you feel like a big troll but does not change the facts no laws broken business ethics are perfect and just because you don't get your way you come on here and cry :cry its like if you don't make your car payment info is held on file as a security deposit no payment we repo the security deposit just no car payment someone takes the car

I love it, preach on brother :grin

View more comments (20)
Review
Gentlemen: Apparently you do not honor this customer’s previous demand that you immediately stop making telephone solicitations to my home. (Made to MIA on 07.16.2013 at 5:58pm resulting in the email attached below) As we indicated we are elderly and under a doctors...

Call your phone company and ask them how you can block this number from calling your phone

Directv in Doylestown, Pennsylvania - Bad service altogether

Dirct tv told me I have moved from one place to another just so they can charge me more money! But they advertise movers free if u been with them for a year!! I have been with then since 2011! Customer service can't help! Supervisiors can't help! What ever the computer say is what they tell you! I am leaving this company had over 10000 problems with them! This company is some ***! All they want is your money! I will rather pay more money for better service! False advertising is bad for business! I am also goin to give them the money to termanate my contract! I am pissed to max!!

Directv in San Antonio, Texas - Tried to extend contract for replacement DVR

We have been Direct TV customers for 3 1/2 years. I have had problems with the FX channel when I tried to record programs and wasn't sure if the problem was the DVR or the satellite signal. I called customer service and spent an hour on the phone going through diagnostics only to be told the satellite signal is faulty, but the DVR is fine. I asked if we could try a new DVR since our existing one is a power hog and gets very hot. She told me they could send one similar to our exiting one for $20 s & h. After transferring me to "Verification," I then learn that I have to agree to a 24 month contract extension to get this DVR. So, I asked to cancel the order, and they told me it was too late; I would have to reject the package. Even now, I'm not sure if returning the package will ensure that the contact extension is cancelled. I am frustrated by their attempts to "upsell" or extend contracts, omitting key information until it is too late.

This is certainly a new all time low for DTV! I would certainly refuse the package if you decide to cancel service. get a tracking# for the package you send back to prove they get it back or otherwise they may say they did not get it and this would be your word against theirs and you would wind up in an unwanted new 2 yr contract.

Tags
  • contact extension

Directv in Racine, Wisconsin - Direct TV is a Scam

Not only did they NOT give what they promised for the promo they never gave referral money to the person who referred me to the company. Rude on the phone and basically said you are in the contract 24 mos if you don't like what you got pay the full amount for 24 mos to get out. Will NEVER refer this company to anyone...not even my worst enemy. Drilled holes in the walls for cable hook up but didn't leave any boxes. Then when I called to have them come and install boxes said it would cost another $200.00 to install for each hole they dug. The free two extra rooms cost were $200.00 for each room!

Directv in Tukwila, Washington - Unhappy customer

I'm not sure if this is the right email address for this type of problem. I would like to explain how unhappy I am with my services. First, the salesperson who talked me into getting direct tv made promises and did not deliver. He told me I would get the nfl Sunday ticket if I sign up. Which was not true. The installation was a nightmare. They had to come out twice. Plus since May I have been losing signal off and on randomly. I called three times about the same issue did all the trouble shooting only to have the problem persist And get worse. Last week I lost all my high def channels and I talked to an agent that set up an appt for me the next day between 12-4. I took the day off to get this problem fixed to only have the technician not show up. I called at 4 asking what was going on, I was told that my appt had be "un-scheduled". And no one bothered to let me know. This is a horrible way to do business. And I'm sorry to say I would not recommend direct tv to anyone. I was lied to in the first place, I was promised Sunday nfl ticket, which btw was the only reason I signed up with direct tv. I called 3 times and talked to an agent about this and the only thing they recommended was to email corporate. No one really wanted to help. I'm extremely disappointed to say the least.

Join the rest of the many millions of unhappy customers and ex-customers of DTV. Frankly I don't see how they can continue to run the same Scams over and over for years and years and still have any customers left.

I'd try and get out of the contract by calling corporate office. If they offer you the NFL Sunday ticket to stay get it in writing. You cannot believe a word they say either.

Also if you decide to cancel watch your bank or cc account whichever they have on file for you and change the # before they can charge the account. If returning their equipment get a tracking#

Cancel Direct TV. They have a good scam going on there.

They keep billing, and billing, and billing.

6 months after I canceled, they send me a bill for equipment they say I never returned. I personally mailed it.

I went ahead and paid the *** suckers, but I did tell them that IF I ever hear from them again, I WILL lock and load. It will be war.

Stick with cable. It is cheaper, better channels, and you don't have to clean your dish every time it snows.

Direct TV promised me a regional sports package, charged me and then after 3 months told me that I did not qualify for the package due to my zip code. Each associate I spoke to gave me a different message.

Clearly Direct Tv does not provide consistent communication to the customers. I feel like I was baited and switch.

The NFL Sunday Ticket is included in packages Choice, XTRA, ULTIMATE, and PREMIER. :grin

View more comments (3)

Directv - Lost all my years of recording box failed,

My box stopped major malfunction. Lost years of recording (pay for view fights events, related to family news recording. You need to be able to download movies and event's to a safe chip. I think it need to be done already.A new box is all I received, Fedx three days later a down loading port is all and it would make your product more superior to the competition. And what is this. 100 word minimum. Is this a college report or a pissed off customer. I don't. Know the reason for the 100word game. Got 6 to go so by.

Are you sure your contract was not extended for another 2 yrs? You might want to call and find out as they often do not tell you unless you ask or try to cancel service.

I had an issue with a box where the cooling fan went bad. my contract was not extended for 2 years and I got a brand new box...

You may have lost all your recordings but you may have gained a new contract by accepting the new box this may have extended your contract for another 2 yrs. DTV does not want their equipment to be superior if they did then the equipment would last longer and DTV would lose money by not being able to extend customers contracts for another 2 years when the boxes go bad.

View more comments (2)

Directv in Virginia Beach, Virginia - Needed a payment extension

I am a 100% disabled Vietnam Veteran and I rely on TV for my well being. I called for an extension which I got.but they would not give me an extension till the 1st when my VA and Social Security checks Get deposited into my bank. I explained it to them and they didn't care. all they wanted was their money which they will get on the 1st and I will, get another company with a little more compassion and understanding. I did not want to rip them off, tomorrow they get their more and I get someone new. Thank you and if you wish to discuss this, Direct TV, I can be reached at 757 692-9428 Mr. Avila

Hope Everything worked out good for you! :)

Loss

Directv in Chicago, Illinois - Channels not Working, Also can not use my recorded shows they are all gone!

I came home from work to watch tv and found that my tv channels were black nothing was showing up. I reset my receiver same thing. So i reset it a 2nd time finally after the 2nd time of resetting it got a message saying they were having technical difficulties. So no big deal I figured I would watch my recordings. They were not there. Finally i got the tv stations back and still my recordings are gone called about it and they said there is nothing they can do. I am paying over 100 bucks a month for this service this should not happen. Not to mention i missed most of the game i was trying to watch with my friends