Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Directv

I been customer since 2008 and moved from one spot to another . Last spot got a HDReciever and then sent it back couldn't used it but they charging me for another year. I don t have it why should i be charged for something i don t have .They are greedie and still charging me for it . My contract was alway year to year.I will never order them again they are just getting extra money for no reason. Thats i mhave to say for now until they come up with a better excuse to make me happy i have them for a number of years never again.
Review

Directv in Willimantic, Connecticut - Poor service and qustionable billing practices. Be Aware

As a PAST loyal customer of DirectTV since 2004 who has always paid DIrectTV bills on time I have recently left DirectTV to move to DISH due to my total dissatisfaction with DirectTV relative to their service and more importantly due to their billing practices. In July I lost my signal to one of three satellites due to tree growth and a technician came out and stated that the problem most likely could be resolved by relocation on my dish to another location on the roof however I would need to have newer cable boxes installed to access the HD satellite to get all my channels. The technician would not move the antenna while there but a second technician would have to come on site to verify his findings and hopefully correct the problem. A week later I called DirectTV to find out why no one had come and they were aware of the line of site issue but not that a second tech was supposed to dispatched. They said that a tech could come in a FEW days. Since I had lived with this issue of not being able to access my favorite channels for a couple of weeks already and now was expected to wait even more time I called DISH network and signed up with them and cancelled DirectTV. This is where the problems get worse. I returned my DirectTV boxes and 2 DVR's to DirectTV and paid my final prorated bill. One month later in September I received an email stating and voice maill stating that my account was now past due. I looked on line and found that I now had a past due balance of $40.42 but I had not received any bill for this amount. I called DirectTV service and was informed that the balance was for 7 pay per view movies from 2005 that had not been paid for. If they had billed me in 2005 I surely would have paid for them but I don't have my 2005 bills to see if we even rented them or not. We could not recognize the titles and doubt that we did rent them. Also, most movies were rented during the week and we only rent occasionally and always on a weekend only. I complained to Direct customer service about being charged for movies that I don't think that I rented and for showing the charge on line as past due as I had not even received a bill yet. Although rude on the phone the rep did apologize but said that there was nothing that could be done and I owed the past due balance however the balance was not due until October 7, even though it was marked as past due already. Early in Ocotber I went on line to pay the balance and found that my balance was now $00. DirectTV had charged me for another movie and then took the total balance out of my checking account in September without my knowledge. What kind of customer service is this? DirectTV is not #1 in service. They may be #1 in billing errors though. If you terminate your service be aware of their billing practices. By the way in my opinion DISH network is better and cheaper. They have newer features (Hopper) you money. If you are happy with DirectTV great but always remember that they are not the only option that you have. Signed: Frustrated former loyal DirectTV customer now HAPPY : -)

I encountered the same exact scenario. Ended up upgrading boxes.

The old boxes they said had rented movies on them. I expressed to a manager on the phone that if those supposed rented movie charges were not removed they can cancel my services.

They're billing services can pissed you off. I'm still with them though.

Directv in Muncy, Pennsylvania - Keep losing local channels

Keep losing local channels-they are replaced by channels already have---have called 3 times & once they have returned only to be replaced. spend long time on phone with tech-nothing resolved & last time he sent written request to engineers to fix & I am to call again if things are not fixed in a week, usually takes 3 days. I think this is ***..2nd time I called wanted 50 bucks to send out tech..probably next step they will want to sell me a new receiver..They can control everything, just are causing problems to get money out of customers..seems like they have a step by step playbook and have every step recorded so they know where to go next time you call in problem. Time to go to DISH.

Directv in Omaha, Nebraska - Direct TV refund..return

Update by user Nov 01, 2012

Well,30 days later and still waiting for my refund. Called and asked where it was, told, I would have to wait another 30 days for the money after they received the equipment, From the sounds of it, I don\'t think I will ever get my money back.

Original review posted by user Sep 30, 2012

Received an email that my account was past due. Called in to find out why? I was due a refund for installation that they couldn't do. I need them send boxes to return equipment. I have called 3 times to get my boxes only to find out they sent it to my old address. Now I have to wait another 3-5 business days to hopefully get the boxes. And they won't give me my refund until they get the equipment. *** on the phone stated they updated the billing address but did not update the shipping address so this is my fault?????

Directv in Schaumburg, Illinois - Extended agreement when adding new TV

Had Direct for 11 months and called to add new TV with box to our agreement. They insisted that the agreement would be extended for 24 months. Had me in a box as canceling would mean 13 months times $20 or $260 to cancel service. Instead I added TV, paid for boxes and got nothing for this. After another 10 months, had multiple service issues where they reaimed dish (their terminology) and service was better. Then experienced signal cutting out for 10 seconds to 20 seconds - sometimes 2 or 3 times in an hour. Called to complain. They advised that I already had 1 service call and any new call would be $49.95, but if problem didn't happen when tech was there nothing would be done. They also offered a $5.95 per month plan to warrant the leased equipment if there were problems. I advised if they did not fix problem I would cancel my service. They refused and 10 days later I cancelled. Now I have a $300 termination fee. Don't switch to DIRECT TV. Had to write president to request help. They refused. Bad company.

EVERYONE SHOULD JUST REFUSE TO PAY DIRECT TV ANY FEES, IF EVERYBODY ON LINE HERE DID THAT MABEY DIRECT TV WOULD WAKE UP.JUST A THOUGTH.

Directv in Tulsa, Oklahoma - They turned off my programming

I made payment in july , via postal money order , directv claims they didn't receive it , well if they didn't get it , I would have gotten it back in the mail in a few weeks, I have NOT received any returned mail , so they have my payment , I called directv on the fist of august , & was told they found the patment , then weeks later I was told that they had NOT gotten the payment , directv has no accountability in the company , I also got the speal about being a vallued custemer , bull *** , they turminated my sevice , for non payment , so I cancelled them . as far as I'm concerned , they broke the contract , & I will not pay a penalty for early cancelation , It was NOT my falt that they are incompetant . just so they & everyone understands , I've been a custemer of directv for 8 years , this is NOT the first problem I have had with them , but this was the final straw. dish network , here I come.

You chose to cancel..therefore you pay cancellation fees. You made thar choice on your own so take responsibility for your actions

It's funny how you're not going to pay that cancellation fee. Sorry, its valid, good luck talking to the collection agency!

View more comments (1)

Directv in Miami, Florida - NFL put on bill with no permission

I am pissed, I feel like Direct tv got a fast one on me, I didnt order NFL and noticed it on my monthly billing. They said I am 1 week late to cancell it, I said I didnt order it, I dont watch NFL at all. They said now I have to pay for it. Last year when I got DTV new it came in the package free for 3 months. So automatically they turn it back on and charge for it the following year. I never ordered it. I will not pay for this when I didnt order it. Thats ripping people off, I will tell all my friends that DTV is a rip off. Thats bad for business. Gregg 786-344-7679

I just noticed i was getting charged $32 every month for the NFL ticket *** with out me giving out permission for them to do so. Im so pissed off i dont even watch football

same thing happen to me.

I never watch NFL! SInce I was paiyng directly I didn't check the bill. When I realized that they charged me $32 I call to get it removed. Supposely I'm to late. Now I have to pay 6 payments of $32 for a service I would not use!

Thanks Direct TV

Somebody would soon start a lawsuit agains this practices

View more comments (1)
Loss

DirecTV charged me for services I didn't order

Update by user Oct 30, 2012

FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL!! (link in original complaint)

I did what I said I would do - told DirecTV personally, complained all over the web, and filed an AG complaint. In response to the AG complaint, DirecTV refunded the money they had charged me, and removed me from the automatic update list for this optional item!

That took approx 2 weeks for DirecTV to respond to the Attorney General\'s office, and 2 weeks to get back to me. Try it for yourself!

Original review posted by user Sep 29, 2012

DirecTV is unethical and uses unfair business practices by charging customers for services they didn't order, and then refusing to cancel these services or credit the charges. They excuse and justify this unfair practice by stating "that's what you get when you signed up with us." We don't have to take it. Join me in filing a complaint with the California Attorney General (or the AG in your state) about DirecTV's unfair business practices: http://oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-complaint-against-business-or-company The people and their Attorneys General should file a class action lawsuit against DirecTV for damages and force them to use fair business practices.

I was charged 6 payments of $32 for NFL, a service I didn't order

Loss

Directv in Charlotte, North Carolina - DirectTV Customer Service Reps RUDE!

This company has the rudest customer service I have ever encountered!! I called Direct TV customer service today to try to see if there was any way to remove the NFL Sunday Ticket from our bill. I got a girl named Heidi who started off acting frustrated that I even called about it. She explained that there was a time period I had to cancel it but I had missed it and that we could not cancel after the season started. Most things with them you can cancel or change without any issues. I honestly did not think this would be any different and I don't remember getting any mail on it saying I needed to cancel now or that it was about to renew. She kept condescendingly telling me that I should have checked the bill and called earlier and that it was my responsibility to check my statements. I'm on an automatic draft and on paperless so I don't always see these things. I never got anything in the mail saying I should cancel this before the season started and if I did I would have had cut if off immediately. I don't need and don't want the channel at all. We never even watched it last season when it was free. Its a lot of money nearly $200 for something I will never watch. I understood there was nothing she could do at this point and I just had to deal with it. Well...no not really. How is it that so many people get it for free and discounted then? So based on my situation I asked if there was any way I reduce my bill and said that I wanted to be bumped down to the base plan. She then said she would send me a list of channels for me to review like she was just trying to get me off the phone. I told her I already reviewed the channels for the base "Entertainment" plan and that was what I wanted to do. She still tried to brush me off again rudely by saying I needed to review the channels, decide and call back. I finally got her to change our plan (so I thought) and she asked if there was anything else she could do for me and I said "Is there any other ways I can cut our bill down?". A logical question since our bill has sky rocketed with all the discounts and everything we had before just expire. By the way she never changed anything on our account! She then said sounding annoyed you would need to review your statement and see if there is anything you can ***. REALLY? I'm asking for your help since you know all the services and added discounts/costs that could possibly be involved. I then started making suggestions like removing the DVR. We have two boxes here. I thought one was a DVR and the other was a regular receiver and asked her to check. She tried to avoid even checking, until I asked another two times. We did have one of each so I said I wanted to return the DVR. She then told me if I returned the DVR box I would have to buy another receiver and it would cost us another $100. That's not what I wanted though. I wanted to remove the unit all together from the 2nd TV with no receiver replacement and wanted to know how much it would *** the bill. She continued to be rude and talk condescendingly to me and I was just fed up. I asked for her name and to speak with her manager. I told her she made me feel like I wanted to cancel my service now and she immediately responded talking over me that it would then cost me another $250 to buy out my contract out and then had the nerve to laugh. I couldn't believe that!!! I ended up hanging up on her! My husband even called them back only be spoken to rudely too and then left on hold for 15 min. I'm a nice person and tend to be a little shy especially to confrontation so this was really harsh and overwhelming to me! I never expected to be talked to like that from anyone in customer service! I thought they were there to help and that's all I was asking for. I've been a loyal customer and have always paid my bills on time. I WILL be cancelling our service at the end of our contract and will NEVER return to Direct TV. They can blame this one extremely horrible experience with their representative for that! This situation left me in tears. They should be more careful who they hire and instill some respect for their customers and their various situations.

Ok, I think I might need to clarify here. I'm not at all trying to get something for nothing.

I had simply asked if I could cancel the NFL Sunday Ticket. I had no idea it was a program that you couldn't as you can cancel most programming with any cable or satellite service. I did not ever see anything stating I needed to cancel it by a certain date, but I agree it is possible it was overlooked. I did't know anything until our statement had changed, but that part I had accepted.

The point has completely drifted away from what I was originally trying to express here though. I was upset at the way I was treated by the rep.

To be honest most of the reps I've spoken to with dtv have been nice and polite and always offered to help. I think the reps with NFL Sunday ticket are in a completely separate dept.

I'm sure it's a common question they hear often. I understood there was nothing she could do and I should be more attentive to my bill. All of you are absolutely right and I'm not trying to deny that or get anything for free. I was more upset that she talked to me so condescendingly and was so snappy and annoyed.

I didn't take it out on her as "Really?" commented I might have. I even said I know it's not your fault and that she was basically the messenger. I'm far from a confrontational person. It's just not in my nature at all.

When I wrote this it was of course in the heat of it.

It's not all reps at dtv. I do think it was just that dept, that subject and that particular rep.

This is the problem with most people.They do not read.If every other customer recieved their warning,Then you did also.How can you just pay a bill without looking at the charge's.Even if this is auto bill pay.I am sure you recieve your statment's from your bank.This is your fault.Trying to recieve something for nothing.DUH.

You really should read your bill each month. There is no excuse if you don't.

I also received a letter that stated billing for nfl Sunday ticket is about to start. My experience with dtv service has always been good.

Are you sure that you didn't start the rude conversation? Even I sometimes take it out on the customer service rep before I realize they're not actually the ones responsible for the problem.

Sorry you were treated so badly..my experiences have always been good with their customer service. But it reallyvis your responsibility to review your bill each month.

I got a notice i think in June that i was going to be charged for the sunday ticket. It was right on the bill for me to read.

Yes i do auto bill pay. I never go paperless on any bill because of the announcements companies put on bills.

View more comments (3)
Loss

Directv in Waco, Texas - Never sent labels to return equipment and trying to charge me for it

I called on several occassions to request the labels that I needed in order to return the equipement I do not want to you. Im sure there are several dates that are recorded where I spoke to someone. I haven't lived in the house for almost 14 months and I certainly don't want to keep the equipement for any reason. Im not trying to keep it or steal it for any reason. I think the ball was in your companys court as far as not sending me the labels I needed..One of your employees did inform me that I would be waiting for as much as 6 months for the labels. And you want to turn around and charge me for something I am trying to return and you cant just mail them to you, so I'm screwed and yall have me. Theres nothing I can do and you know it...I will never ever recommend your company to anyone I come in contact with and I am in the public 8 hours a day. This is ludicris and unethical!! So am I going to get my labels ever????