Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Directv in Salem, Oregon - The biggest rip offs!

I HATE THIS COMPANY WITH A PASSION, they offered me a deal for $65.99 a month for 1 year with two year contract. At the end of the first year I would be able to work out another deal yeah right lets just say their customer service is garbage. I cancelled their service and was at a zero balance was going to pay $220 to stop. A lady from anther department called me promised me same price for being a valued customer, well lets just say my bill is now $794 for two months of service! I HATE THEM.

Your bill for two month with the addition of your cancellation fee. Be a little more straight.

You honestly think they are going to offer you the same deal your second year? If they did that for every person that would be a huge loss in profit for them. You are *** if you believe that any company would provide that type of deal. News flash: They are in the business of making money.

They are going to weigh if "saving you as a customer" outweighs the cost.

I guess the decision was made. Ha.

Directv in Eclectic, Alabama - REFUSED TO CANCEL NFL SUNDAY TICKET

We received notice that NFL Sunday Ticket would be automatically added to our monthly billing during the NFL Season. The instructions to cancel NFL Sunday Ticket were to "Go On-Line" before a specific date in order to cancel. I cancelled on-line before the specified date and received no further communication from Direct TV. I noticed that I was being billed monthly for this service and called Direct TV Customer Service. Customer Service acknowledged my on-line request to cancel, but then advised me that I was ALSO supposed to call to confirm cancellation and now that the season has begun, they will not cancel. Talked to a Supervisor, but no go!!

My directv bill auto-pays and i didnt notice nfl sunday ticket charges till the third month (of six) of charges. (I've talked with Mrs.

VFW about watching our bills closer). DirecTV said there was nothing they could do but it turns out that after sending an e-mail to customer service central (on their website) they will refund up to half the cost. Since I might coulda avoided it in the first place I took it.

But dont settle for the "$10 credit for 5 months" offer the first-line folks will offer you. :p

Directv in Chicago, Illinois - Direct tv

Screen keeps freezing, we keep missing the game!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, its ur fault, fix it. Tryin to watch Monday night football game. This also happend very often when watchin regular scheduled programming. Right now as I type this. Needs to fixed, or dish gets used for target practice. I really honestly don't think I need to say any more about this ongoing problem you refuse to fix. Weather is not a problem, absolutely a very clear sky. Lots of stars out. Hundred words.... seriously! Any more of this ***, and ill call dish network...least I could record more stuffffffffff!!!!!!

Directv in Las Vegas, Nevada - Can't cancel Direct TV & I don't even live there

I ordered on ipad then arranged direct tv to install their receivers. No tv in home and Installer Tech knew that I wasn't even living there yet. I paid first on iPad with credit card then never got bills. They assumed that I lived there to get mail which I didn't or don't now called Direct to discover their rates sold to me requires Rebates done online and I'd have $400 plus early cancelation fees. I have not even watched one tv or Direc program and I'm forced to pay $1,000 all together. How can this be possible when not one Direct Representative disclosed their private terms. ???? It's not my fault my life or employment held me from relocating. Can a company force one to pay for services not used? Does anyone know the law? I have proof that I wasn't or has not been even in the same State!!!

Tech could not have installed and activated your "account" without:

1. A working TV at the address.

2. A signature from someone in the household at least 18 yrs of age. Entered on the installers handheld computer.

3. A response to an appointment confirmation call 24 hours before scheduled appointment.

4. IF you entered your email address correctly, you would have all sorts of notices from the company confirming your order, appointment, etc.

5. By clicking "I agree" when you submitted your order, you agreed to everything you were SUPPOSE TO READ. Included were all the terms, limitations and rebate instructions.

HOW DO I KNOW? I ordered online and read all the disclosures!

Review
I mailed my monthly payment in on 09/17/2012.I telephoned DIRECTV and SPOKE to a customer service rep.Because i wanted to know why?Have my payment not been posted as of 09/24/2012.I was told don't worry we will not interrupt your service,Because we have a grace...

I have been a customer of DTV for 2 years. I have never had anything but good experiences with customers service.

Now, with that being said. I have read multiple comments on these threads that consist of people calling the authors crybabies/ ignorant and mocking their complaints. The entire purpose of this website is to voice complaints (hints the name pissedconsumers) its not called directvissuperawesome.com These people's childish taunts sound more like someone on payroll not fellow customers. And if you don't want to hear ppl *** and moan why come to a website specifically for that.

One other thing, I find it hard to believe the people who are claiming to work for Directv are gainfully employed by them or anyone else considering their lack of ability to spell and that their grammatical aptitude is that of a third grader.

Its kind of sad my first complaint about this company comes because of idiots who may or may not even work for them. I pray that I am not giving money to a company that would allow employees to treat customers with such high levels of disrespect and have such low levels of intelligence.

View more comments

DIRECTV

OK.NUMBER one i mailed my payment into DIRECTV ON 09/17/2012.MY check alway's clear's in 3-4 day's.Today is 09/24/2012 AND still my check has not cleared.I telephoned DIRECTV on FRIDAY to see what the problem is.The customer service rep.Stated mail take's at least (5) DAY'S TO BE DELIVERED.I stated to the customer service rep.This is not true because i mail in my payment every month on the same date and MY payment has alway's posted in 3-4 day's.The customer service rep.STATED don't worry we will not interrupt your service's,She also stated we give a grace period for the mail to be posted.I do not care about your grace period,I need my check to clear.DIRECTV you all need to get up off your fat *** and POST customer's account's.Everyone want's to be paid,BUT know one want's to do the work.I am letting you all know now,IF you all do not post my account and MY service's get's interupted.I will have a very big problem with this matter.How long does it take to clear a check.WTF.
Loss

Directv in Palmetto, Florida - Crashed my receiver unanounced for maitainence I pay $

My receiver crashed, thought it was an error, but I called, customer support, could not get through to agent. Phone computer said 24hour customer support down, maintence work. I called the # on the only screen my receiver would show: "satellite dish set up", finally got through to an agent, but she said since maintence was taking place, there is no way to send info to my receiver until the maintenence work was finally completed. So obviously my complaint is why should myself or anyone else have to pay for FULL direct tv entertainment when our tv signal is gone tonight.

So you want time without service credit for a few hours on one box....during which, unless you watch tv on all tvs 24 hours a day you probably wont even be awake or home for. Sorry but credits cant be broken down to less than a penny. 6 dollars a month for one box , if the month has 30 days at most you are entitled to 1 penny per hour.

Directv in Salt Lake City, Utah - Pac 12 tv

Iam willing to change my sat service if irect tv does not add the pac 12 network soon.Quit being a child and give you costumers what they want. I have been a direct tv custumer fo years but will leave if I cannot get the pac 12. Cable is not my choice but it will be so that I can enjoy the fall clasic of colledge football. Rember your choice of programing is not always that of your custemers.there will be a large fallout if you keep this out of our programing choices. Please help the little guy so we don't have to hook up the cable.

Did you leave yet?

:zzz

WHO CARE'S.YOU will find something to complain about after you SWITCH.GO ahead make the SWITCH,IF you do not make anyone happy,YOU will satisfy me,BECAUSE i am tired of hearing about PAC12 and I am sure other's are TOO.EVERYONE DOES NOT WANT PAC12.DUH!STOP talking about it and MAKE THE switch.***.

Yet another Ute game tonight I cant watch on direct TV. Cal USC was rearranged and watched not Utah Arizona

I am another Direct TV customer for years.

Your company has always ptovided good programing. HOWEVER, I am thoroughly upset by your refusal to come up with bucks to provide Pac 12 networks to your subscribers. DISH carries it and so do a lot of cable companies although the cable company in my area gave me some BS about an analog signal.

You better come up with it soon or I might take DISH network's enticing offer for new customers.

View more comments (3)
Review

Directv in North Wilkesboro, North Carolina - Direct tv took money out of wrong account

my fiance i was helping out to start up his account so he used my debit card. after that initial start up fee started my card was to be removed and his card to be put in place and come to find out they never removed mine. now they took out of my account $496.97 which to start with over drafted me and when i called to find out what was going on and they said they have all rights to do this. they did tell me that they would be refunding me $337.66 since sept.4,2012 and i have not recieved any more then $36.20. i have been calling periodical threw this month and they have a new excuse every time i call that they cant refund me because of he owes for shipping and handling, movers fee and then the new bill that they also billed him for too.

I have been calling since Aug.22 and get an excuse it will be another 30days. My situation, they took $400 + out of my accout with out ever telling me for equipment, that i still have and it was a mitake.

I have been told the refund was canceled for some resesone, no one knows why! So then another 30days add. I have called 5 times now. Was promised it wouls be here today the 28th of Sept., guess what!

No refund!

Told today by a superviser it will be in my accout in 5 busness days. I'm not holding my breath!

Loss

Directv in Monroe, Louisiana - 3 days of runaround with 7 different phone numbers and disscrimination

my wife is power of attorney for a senior citizen,she used our money to get this lady direct tv in her assisted living apartment. Direct tv took our money,set up a connection date and time then without any notice cancelled and when we called they claimed because this woman lived with her now deceased son and his wife temporaly and they owe a bill,she can not get service from them until the others pay their bill. In the process of finding out why they took our money then refused,and asking for our money back. We were given seven different numbers to call,got hung up on three times and this is the third day of HOURS on the phone trying to get our money back FINALY we get it back but,that will take 24 to 72 hours to be put back on our card yet, it only took seconds for them to take it without doing the back ground check that revealed that she lived with someone who didn't pay their bill. Direct tv let the bill run to almost 900. dollars without disconnecting the nonpayers but,but someone whom rented a room from them and owes nothing can't even get hooked up. Now folks is that how you should run a company?? give tv to the young non bill paying people,and tease the old by taking their money leading them to believe they can have a tv and then hold someone elses bill agianst them. that is realy messed up.

I agree but the thing is DirectTV has been doing this for years and getting away with it.I would file complaints with the BBB,FTC and Attorney General. I'd also get in touch with a local TV Troubleshooter and ask if they can help you,also if this was a credit card used,you can dispute the charges and when the money is returned pending cc's investigation,you may have to close the account to keep DTV from reapplying charges..