Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

DirecTV is dishonest

Here is a description of the "award winning" customer service I have received from your company in the last 60 days, starting about the time I renewed for another 2 years. Some background, we initially called to cancel DirecTV, both Comcast and Uverse had better advertised deals. We had no issues with the actual product, but were willing to switch to one of the other providers to save money. We were told that since we were such loyal customers, we would get a great deal to remain with DirecTV. The deal was as follows: -Premium package, all movie channels included -NFL Sunday ticket for 2 seasons -Finishing the MLB extra innings season at no additional charge (we had arranged this through a prior deal) -DVR on all three of our receivers -HD on one receiver -Ondemand, which actually means "wait for download" (this had been part of the original deal 2 years ago, but we had never actually had it) -A bundle with ATT internet, including a $10 credit a month for that service and a $100 gift card to be mailed to us by DirecTV as reimbursement of ATT activation fees This was all to be at a total cost of $104 dollars a month, plus the cost of ATT internet, for the first year, a figure which I confirmed several times with the promotions person I was dealing with. The install itself got off to a bad start. After telling me we would be seen between 12:00 and 4:00 (for which I took half a day off). The tech called and said he was running behind – because of rain. This was around 3:30. I went to an appointment I had at 4:00, and went home to meet the tech. He called again and told me he had run out of gas and asked if I could come pick him up. I didn't. He apparently had someone come help him and arrived about an hour later. He did a good job, but needed to be wearing a belt. My son, who is five, noticed that the top portion of his rear end was very visible. Problem one – after install of the On Demand and ATT wireless, we were not able to use On Demand. We spent 3-4 hours on the phone with DTV "Technical Support" to no avail. They told us to call ATT. We did. Within 20 minutes, ATT support determined that the wireless was working fine. After another hour or so on the phone with DTV, they agreed to send someone out – a week later. This visit from a tech did fix the problem. Problem two – the first invoice I received was for $128, which is obviously not the $104 I was promised. After extensive time on the phone, I was told that a new invoice would be issued for $104 and to discard the incorrect bill. I was informed to hold off on the payment until I received the correct invoice. This conversation occurred in mid August – 5 or 6 weeks into my new contract. Upon calling yesterday (9-12-12) for a different issue, the friendly computer that handles your calls told me that my bill was past due and made me answer questions before I could talk to a person. Upon getting through that and speaking with the first of four people I would eventually deal with, I was informed that my bill was $128 and that it was past due. I explained that the bill was incorrect and that I was told a new invoice was coming. The person did some figuring and told me that I would now be responsible for $115 dollars a month after the initial payment of $128 (including a "partial month" which I was not told I would be responsible for"). I told her that this was not correct, and she offered me a "discount" for the first 6 months making the bill around what I was promised. After the 6 months, the bill was to go back to $128. I did not accept this because it is not what was promised. I was transferred to the "promotions" department. The person I spoke to there was the most reasonable I dealt with. She agreed that it sounded like I was correct, but could not help me. I was sent to the "retention" department. The first person I dealt with in this department told me, despite my confirming the $104 total many times, that it was impossible to have had that offer. She kept telling me what a huge bargain I was getting and said that my bill could be $115. This may have been true, but it was not what was promised. She also told me I could get out of the contract that DTV is not honoring for $440!! I eventually told her that I wanted to talk to her supervisor. The supervisor was also pretty reasonable and figured out a way to give me a credit to make the dollars somewhat match what I was promised. This took an hour and a half. Problem three – on September 5th I called to check on the status of my $100 Visa gift card I was promised as part of bundling with ATT internet. The person I talked to saw in the system where I was promised this, and said it could take 8 weeks. She said she did not have visibility to whether or not it had been sent. I told her it had been 8 weeks. She told me she would escalate this and someone would call me back and tell me where my card was. Today, September 13, 2012, DTV finally called back on this "escalated" issue – please note that this is 8 days later and that I had to mention it in my call yesterday to get any response. They told my wife we had never been promised this card. She has been dealing with this for an hour this morning and it is not yet resolved. They have now said they will get back to us in 72 hours. DirectTV will tell you whatever they think you need to hear to get you to sign up for / continue their service. I may be stuck in this contract for the next 22 months, but I will make their deception known to all I come in contact with. Take this down from your FB if you feel you must. I will continue to post this until I get out of my DirecTV contract with zero cancellation and am able to move on to a more reasonable provider like Uverse or Comcast.

I agree completely! My bill is always higher then what I was told,! I was also told I would receive a $100 dollar visa gift card and I waited and each time I would call they would say it will be 8 weeks, then about 10 to 12 days and then they called to say that I was never told I would get one, .

This reminds me of the little boy that came across a snake.The snake said pick me up and take me home with you,the little boy said but you will *** me.The snake said no,I would never *** you.the little boy picked up the snake and started home and the snake bit the little boy.The boy said, you said you would not *** me.the snake said,you knew I was a snake when you picked me up. This is how I feel about DirectTV.. They Lie!!

#542056

Oh, and thank you for the info on DirectTV. I cancelled my Uverse this morning and was looking at an ad for DirectTV. Glad I saw your post before calling them to replace my TV service

#542055

You may want to check out my posting on the same day as yours 9/13 "ATT overcharging for 7 months straight. Promise to fix but nothing" before switching to Att Uverse.

Loss

Directv in West Fork, Arkansas - Direct TV refused me service due to an ex spouse outstanding.

My exwife lived at my house for several years before finally moving out. She had an outstanding bill with Direct Tv. Due to this and me moving back into the house, they refused to give me service because of this. We have been divorced for over 5 years and I'm being held accountable for her actions. I found all this out after having to wait almost 4 weeks for an install date. And these people wonder why they are one of the worst companies in the US!! I would not reccommend these people to my worst enemy. Lance Bridges
Review

Directv in Dekalb, Illinois - Direct tv. their ads. on nfl ticket.

THE NFL TICKET FOR FREE! IS BULL !! THE AD,S NOW SHOW A PERSON TRYING TO PICK UP A COIN THAT WAS GLUED DOWN, THEY CALLED HIM A MINISER TO TIGHT TO PAY FOR NFL, BUT NOW HE COULD GET IT FOR NOTHING. BUT WHEN I CALLED I COULD NOT ,I WAS NOT A NEW CUSTOMER. I SAID THIS IS MISS, ADDVERTISMENT,FIRST PERSON SAID WELL WE CANT GET IT ALL IN THE AD. IAM PISSED OFF, THEY CAN RUN ADS TO SUCKER YOU IN AND SWITCH. THE BBB. SHOULD BE NOTAFIDE. I PAY BAY THE MONTH BUT IF I WOULD SIGN A TWO YEAR CONTRACT ,THEN THIS WOULD BE A NEW COSTOMER. THATS *** AGAIN, I PAY MY BILL EACH MOUTH, NEVER LATE. BUT COSUMERS LIKE US, GET OFFERED, HALF PRICE. THIS IS WRONG!!!!!!

Satellite fan you are missing the point. Direct tv is bad.

They DESIRE ...FEAST over their existing customer base. They want to woo you in and once have you treat you like jack ***. I became a new in March. I asked about Red Zone.

They said call back in a month for offering details. I didn't really care about NFL Ticket. Comcast charged me $6 a month for RED ZONE a month last year. Now all new customers get NFL TICKET & RED ZONE FREE.

I am a month old customer just wanting RED ZONE. Sorry $300.

Treating me like *** on phone.... " oh well" we have you til 2014 with contract and everyuthing is what it is.

Does the ad mention "restrictions may apply" cause my daily ads from tv in the mail, from all sorts of retailers include that. Not any misconduct, it catches peoples attention.

Developed to get 10 people to ask about it, sign 1 person to it. Now do you feel its worth full price? What about half price? If not, then just don't get it.

Should they offer it free to everyone?

If so, simple marketing shows your bill would go up, then because you are not in contract you woul cancel. Smart move on their part.

Tags
  • new customer

Directv in Athens, Georgia - Cleaned out a checking account of a disabled, retired, heart patient.

Direct t.v. cleaned out my ss bank account, leaving me without money for my heart medications or blood thinner. I sent all their equipment and completed my contract. Checks I wrote for my utilities are bouncing at the bank. I have no money. I have called the managers at the home office, supervisors and they do not care. I think it is awful that a multi-million company would take every penny a disable 65 year old woman with heart problems would do such a thing. I would not recommend Direct t.v. satellite to anyone. They took me for $485.00---my entire ss check.
jbeezz

I have had a similar problem with Direct TV. And other companies as well.

But Direct TV is the worst.

I had problems with them from the first day that I signed up with them.

They are liars and thieves. Avoid Direct TV.

Barbara,I like your way of thinking...if you have covered the bank part the only thing they can do is turn you over to collections but you can always change your telephone#.

Anonymous...do get in touch with your bank and tell them you would like to dispute the charges for DirectTV(or reverse the charges) for DirectTV.They may be able to help you..Good Luck

You don't need "past due bills" for DTV to do that. It sounds to me that they got you with their early cancellation fee. They don't tell you about that little sugar plum when you sign on.

What they did to you is outrageous.

You are right that they don't care. I have found to my own dismay that they are heartless and greedy.

I think that their dishonesty will catch up with them one day as people are catching on and people are furious about the way they are lied to and overcharged. DTV lies about their services and about what the costs will be. Their "contract" is a joke and bears no resemblence to what they tell you on the phone.

Once they get you in their talons they squeeze as much money out of you as they can and if you try to escape they give you the extra squeeze of the termination fee.

I have a termination fee and I'm not going to pay it. I'm 80 years old and I don't care what they try to do to me. I have closed my accounts so they can't get their greedy claws on my funds now I'm waiting for their next move. I'm sure it will very unplesant because that's the kind of people they are.

I hope that you are doing well and remember, this too will pass.

You must have had some past due bills in order for them to do that. They don't know that you are being honest when you tell them about your health problems.

When you say you called the manager's home office, do you mean at the bank or at Direct TV? Try calling your bank manager and see what you can find out.

Review

Directv in Columbus, Ohio - Direct TV Broken Promise for installation!!!

Just a bit of advice... Stay Away from Direct T.V! I don't care what they are offering for free. I can promise you will NOT be happy with their service. Their customer service is far below anything you know to average. I called only half-way excited to set up new service ( NFL Package) because i knew what i was in for since I was a former customer of theirs. I spent 45-50 mins on the phone setting up new service on Aug 29th. I was given a firm date and commitment for installation to be set up on Sept 12. Unfortunately, it did not happen. NO ONE SHOWED UP OR CALLED!! Pissed as you can image i call and wanted to speak directly to management. I expressed my displeasure and all they could offer was "sorry and we understand your frustration". Then they had the nerve to tell me the soonest they could reschedule would be Sept 29th. HUH? Are you kidding me?? Go with your local provider and go to the bar for your NFL game!!

Directv in Killeen, Texas - Getting told something and receiving another

I signed up with direct tv 4 months ago was promised that my bill would be $65 a month was promised the package we signed up for would have all the channels we wanted that was a total LIE!! We didn't even have the service 4hrs and realized we didn't have the channels we wanted so we called in they Upgraded us to choice which was fine but why has our bill gone up each month when we haven't made any changes since. I calld on 8/27/2012 to cancel our free show time get my bill a week and a half later and realize we were billed for show time. I'm upset but we've had other issues also like our hd channels not working was promised a call back to set up a appointment that never happened we had to call back,then I called today 9/10/2012 to see why we were charged for show time and why our bill is $105 well I spoke to 4 reps the last one called me a liar saying I never called to cancel show time at all im not pleased with the service at all I have to call every ,month bcuz our bill keep goin up &up and we haven't made any changes to and I wanna kno WHY
russelltherasa

I have had the same issue with Direct TV. From the very beginning! They over charge consistently and I have NEVER gotten any of the channels I was promised, no wonder they are in partnership with ATT, they both lie!!

Felt so hopeless looking for answers to my questonis...until now.

If you read some of the other complaints,you will find there are others that have reported the same problem as yours.I don't believe this is an isolated or accidental case,this is something DTV does on a regular basis. Do not cancel service with them unless you know exactly what to expect from them.

View more comments (2)
Review

Directv in Nashville, Tennessee - THEY CUT MY GABLE OFF AT 11:35 WHEN I HAD MADE ARRANTMENT

yes my name is wanda shoulders ND MY ACCOUNT NUMBER IS 81715588. I HAD CALLED IN TO DIRECTV A WEEKAND A HALF AGO ABOUT MY BILL AND TALK TO A LADY AND SHE HAD PUT IT IN THE COMPUTER AND SHE HAD EVEN TOLD ME THAT SHE WAS NOTING IT IN HER COMPUTER AND IT WOULD BE FINE UNTIL THE 10TH OF SEPT SHE NEVER TOLD ME NOTHING ABOUT 12:00PM AND MY CABLE WAS SHUT OF AI ABOUT 11:35 LAST NIGHT SO YOU TELL ME WANT KIND OF BUSINESS ARE YOU'LL RUNING BECAUSE WHAT THE WOMAN TOLD ME WHEN I MADE THE ARRANGMENT WITH YOU'LL AND SO ARE YOUR GOING TO EXPLAIN IT TO ME BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN A CUSTOMER SINCE 2008 AND YOU'LL ARE GOING TO CUT MY GABLE OFF AT 11:35 LAST NIGHT AND I WANT SOMEONE FROM THERE TO CALL ME AI 615-851-5123 TODAY

Thanks for the # ! Free PPV here I come !

So you lost 25 mins of time til you were due to be disconnected....by the way...very *** of you to pur your full name and qccount number as well as phone number on a random website. Now anyone can pretend to be you and order all kinds of things to be charged to your account. You might want to password protect your account now.

Perhaps you'd have more success if you CALLED DIRECTV!!! This ain't it. :roll

Good luck in getting a call from them. I'd be very concerned about the charges they will most likely apply to whatever account they have on file for you,you might want to change #'s on that account or close it.

Directv in Sulphur, Louisiana - NFL SUNDAY TICKET

I am very upset with Directv. We are a long time paying customer, and we just recently moved. ne week after having our system moved they offered the free NFL package with your move. Well we did not qualify because we had ours done 1 week earlier. I don't think it is fair to their loyal customers that we have to pay for this service!!!! That is no way to treat your long standing customers. We pay,pay,pay and we get nothing. You know Dish Network is looking real good about now. They don't have the NFL ticket, so I don't have to worry about them giving it to other customers!!

The Big Easy Money At Home MakerIch have read that essay again and again? many newsgroups and never.

I scrceahtd? around $ 6, and do today and invested my $ 6 Dollar.Jeder tells me I'm wasting my time, but I have no right to do nothing. The only thing I lose my $ 6, but if it works, you dannIch gl? ?

Very explicitly, m? Me if it works only a little. I'm not looking? port?

e hand, and there is no harm? out with a new source of income. I'm w rde? Try it, and i hope?

I hope you too. Wennnichts, perhaps? Be k? We can each helfen.Vielen Voraus.Jetzt you in the mail, I Orig?

Accessible? Via the Internet has seen post?. . .

Ichnicht times to convince you? That this is not a fraud eslogisch useful because you earn money gr? This? PayPal k?

Nnen.Diese EHRF? Rchtige the concept is 100%? Gal (see U.S. LotterieLaws, ##### 18, Section 1302 and 1341, ##### or 18, Section 3005 DERUS code in the Code of Federal Regulations, Volume 16 ,??

255 and 436, m ? state can be brought? chang? for a product or service?

ssenGeld) has re? u. Everyone has to go? rt?

PayPal? (If you do not sit? T) I Undala stie concept? I knew that w?

Re because, as the work of a member of PayPal, I have to? J? had their effectiveness? and r?

erfahrenenhervorragenden reputation. PayPal is the m? Easiest method to undZahlungen online has never seen! That an e-mail address can join, free?

read! If you pla? T go before you make the? Below.

. . You k? GanzeProzess can fill this in less than an hour and you will never forget the day Siebeschlossen to do!

Oh, I say FAST? Because of the rapid I mean? The I? Not type?

derInternet speed. Everything? On the Internet by e-mail erfolgen.Und if it is the r? rules, it is not regarded?

r? as spam then ESV? the Lliga? gal!

However, it said that you send $ 1. 00 is? anjeder paypal email in the article. You put your email address in the bottom of the list at number six, and after?

s aufmindestens section 200 newsgroups. ( There are thousands) No catch it? silent. Sonachdem I dr?

Plus and I talked?? some people first, I think? About a try. Ichdargestellt what I have came back, except for loss of $ 6.

00 correct? As most of us Iwar a little skeptical and a bit? On the legal aspects of fear: It follows the m? my r?

rules that cha? ing of letters by mail, the U.S. Post Office dienach (1-800-725-2161) is indeed the? gal!

Then I THE cherlichen $ 6 00? me Well guess what!?. In the 7 days on the measures ichErste money in my PayPal account! I?

t? shocked? and exciting?, I'm afraid w rde? See you soon t, but there was still money in.

During the week meinemersten I had about $ 25. 00? me? the end the second?

week I am eineninsgesamt? Over $ 1,100. 00! In the third?

week I am? More than $ 9,000. istnoch 00 and he w? CHST .

Dies is now my fourth? week and I am a total a little less? made? more than $ 22,000.

00 and there is you coming in fast. STI: $ lohnt6 Certainly. 00? me I don t have to?

the lottery, let me choose the ore? How it works and most importantly, why? it works to ensure more Ask? you have a copy of this article now, then k?

Can Siede information IT, as you brauchen.ANFORDERUNGEN: you m? need? more than one PayPal account v? Rifi?.

habenk If you have an account? You can visit www. Paypal. com and follow the instructions to set up eineskostenloses account.

In terms of the initial $ 6 into your account, you Platzm? You need your bank account with PayPal (? Fen berPR? m What?

Glicherweise some nehmenTage). Paypal is s? curis?? 100% and is used ?

my million people weltweitbreit .*************** directions f? Program R ************** Step 1: Send? PayPal, $ 1. 00?

each e-mail from the list below. dieGegenstand payment Talk Mailing List and in the comments? write PLEASEPUT ME on your email list. What do you do and the best Servicedurch give out your address, you f?

A jedenwei? it is not This is all? the fact? gal, this is a?

tape tr? s important and h? Lt VAILIDITY this program! e-list mail: Extr?

tremely important legal transactions, be sure to use your new PayPal account? PayPal. com to send $ 1. 00?

everyone on the list below: Click SieGeld schicken1) james_h @ hotmail . COM2) Albertgasse @ SBCGlobal. Net 3) superman02 @ Comcast. NET-4) Carlson.

DIS @ Juno. COM5) jiggajun @ yahoo. COM6) rysk13 @ yahoo. comSCHRITT 2: Now take the initial registration E-mail The list you see above, on?

place the anderenAdressen up (6 becomes 5, 5 4, etc.) and f? Firm your email address (the one used? e on the PayPal account) as n? 6 the 3 Liste.SCHRITT:?

you change everything you need to try, but this article also pr? s that haltenoriginal m? possible. Now do your age?

Article modified?? at least 200Newsgroups, Message Board . (I think that about? Hr 32,000 groups).

CONFIRM Everything you bin? Is 200, but remember, the more you post to make it more GeldSie and all others on the list! * ***** How How?

post? discussion groups, message B

Direct tv doesn't give a hock about customer loyalty. Long time customers have to pay for the Sunday ticket while new users get it free.

The *** with Direct tv. I can't wait to get service with a diferrent company who cares about customer loyalty!

Review

Directv in Houston, Texas - No Nfl package that was ordered.

We ordered the NFL package at a reduced price . We were told last night we had declined offer , Not true , call can be checked since it was recorded . Bottom line agent tried to sell us a higher priced package which we can't afford . We are retired and live on a set income . That's 3 times in 1 month that we have been lied to about services ordered. We are hoping someone can take care of all the mess created by persons not doing their jobs . All we wanted was to be able to enjoy sports at home . HELP

DTV says their calls are recorded but they have never been able to produce one so I'm inclined to believe this is just another of their lies to keep the customer in line. You might want to check your account online yourself because they often automatically add on the higher package and say you gave them permission.

You can always go online to your account online to make sure it was added or change your packages online yourself to make sure it goes throygh

Loss

Directv in Staten Island, New York - Extra charges

I signed up for a package deal for $69 a month for 13 monthswhich included 4 receivers. After three months they increased my bill to over $111 which they said was for HBO and Starz. I specifically told them at the purchase date that I didn't want any extras, just the $69 for 13 months. They are refusing to refund my money. Furthermore, the satellite goes out too often. I am extremely unhappy with Direct tv and I would suggest to anyone thinking about purchasing from them, don't. Try another company. Their customer service is very rude and unaccomodating.

This is in response to the comment by DTV.

What a crock!

I complained about fraudulant charges and misprepresentation by their rep.

I'm just lovi'n that "Refund" I got. It's called Squat.

I got the run around. Of course when I told them to cancel my service they unveiled the info about their early cancellation fee.

I canceled anyway and there is no way I'm paying that $350.00 fee. They are going to have to take it out of my hide if they need it so badly. And, they are going to find out my hide is pretty tough.

pinches gringos chillones paguen sus cuentas y ya, antes de comprar informense

you can call and dispute the charge of the premiums for missinformation and we will be more than glad to place a refund on your directv account ....

haha never you dumbasshole pay your bills

View more comments (2)