Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Directv in Rochester, New York - Direct tv lied then said to bad u agreed to switch

i was with direct tv for 5 years then switched to dishnet when direct tv rates where to high so i was with dishnet for a hear and 3 months direct tv calls every week during that time saying they have a better offer so i finally listen to what they have to offer i was paying 58.00 for my package with dishnet they told me if i bundle my internet and home phone with the tv package i would save money my internet and home phone was 98.00 so combine the 2 i was paying 156.00 they told me if i switch it would be 115.00 with the rebates and they would send a mastercard for the 176.0 to pay for the early fee for leaving dishnet 2 days later i get bill from direct tv 98.00 and frontier phone bill 98.00 ummm thats 196.00 not 115.99 they said it will ajust on next bill so next bill comes 89.00 direct tv 98.00 from frontier ummm i call again they tell me its the phone company fault not theres and i should call phone company here we go again i call frontier they say they dont work with direct tv UMMM i call direct tv they tell me phone company dosnt know what they are talking about call back frontier talk to there manager they said they no longer have anything to do with direct tv for last 3 months as she said they have bad practaces and they no longer offer any thing with guess who SO i call back direct tv ive now spend about 4 hours of time with them and get a supervisor after not willing to talk to anyone but so she tells me frontier is rt but igreed to the contract and all she can do is offer a refund for the mistake i agree it get worse from here they shut off the service which is fine and 3 days later they charge my credit card 400.00 for early termination so back on the phone another supervisor and they tell me i either have to pay or they can reconnect my service at no charge how nice of them and i would have to pay the 98.00 charge for the service i agreed to before and im still paying 98.00 for friontier because as this manager said cant give you something we dont offer so today i look at my credit card statement im charged 400 again from direct tv and 89.00 for the monthly service oh when i said i guess ill just have the service turned back on they said i will get the rebate for a year bringing bill to 59.00 a month and will make sure i get the earlr fee that i should have gotten in the first place now back to today i call about the 89.00 fee and the 400 disconet fee they tell me the 400 isnt for the early cancel it because i didnt send them back there equipment as i told them now i was reconnected see the 89.00 bill i also payed they told me dont worry about it they will cancel that 400 as a courtsey I SAID WHAT after i think they fixed that i asked what happen to rebate and the 176.00 mastercard that you have to send orginal bill from dishnet they said they will have anotherr person who is there leader will call me in 8 to 10 days to just make sure i have my orginal bill as they will need that as proof i left dishnet COME ON NOW i just tols them i sent that at the beginning of this mess so DOES ANYONE KNOW IF I HAVE ANY GROUNDS OF LEGAL ACTION AGAINST THEM AND WOULD IT BE WORTH GETTING A LAWYER please get back to mr my e-mail is ronaldhd906@aol.com
Loss

Directv in El Dorado Springs, Missouri - Direct tv took money without permission

Update by user Sep 05, 2012

ge capitol contacted me and said file a dispute with greendot and they would take care of it, i did and they said that direct tv did nothing wrong, now how is that possible when direct tv took money off there card without my permission.answer that ge capitol

Original review posted by user Sep 05, 2012

back on July 20Th i payed my insurance and phone bill, on July 23rd direct TV pulled almost 600 out of my green dot money card without my consent but the funny thing is They didn't pay my ins and phone bill but i paid the ins and phone first on the 20th, i still don't have my money and i have no ins and a disconnect notice on my phone. now today i bought a new card from walmart so i would have a different card, they took my money that i needed to pay bills and when i went to activate it they said that i can't have a card cause i disputed direct tv and this is the same company i don't have a signed contract with, now the green dot card has my money and direct tv has my money about 1100 dollars worth not counting what all i have lost. now i think walmart, green dot, and Ge capitol bank should be held responsible, i would like to Get enough people to Get a class action suite against all three, my email is steel.mann@hotmail.com. when they steel all of are money who will shop at walmart or have money for the bank or order direct tv. something has to be done. green dot said they called and left a message if so with who and do you think if they would have told me that i couldn't have a card over there screw up to start with i dang sure wouldn't have handed them another 720.00 $ and i have all the proof.pawned my guns to pay these bills now i have no ins and phone will be shut off over direct tv's ***, and nothing to pawn to get the money.the funny thing is i was just at sams and they wher promoting direct tv and wanted me to get a greendot money card, they said that i could pay with it and save money.
terry mann

this is directed to DTV DUDE, you need to here what you read direct tv is taking money from people that do not have contracts and are holding on to personal information and that alone should get them in trouble. the greendot money card has made it right with me and i will still use them. they get an A in my book, direct tv needs to be shut down.

This is to MR.GERRY WAGNER.This is what happen's when you try to help.Let your son stand on his own two feet.If he cannot afford DIRECTV, THEN YOUR SON SHOULD LET IT GO.When you give any company your credit card information,What do you expect to happen?I suggest you replace your credit card information with your son's information.If not you will be responsible for your son's bill's.It does not matter that you are not the subscriber,What matter's is you DAD took on this matter yourself,Not knowing the effect it would have later down the road.We all reach out and ASSIST our childern at one time or another.But to use my CREDIT CARD or TO even ask to use my CREDIT CARD,GOD FORBID.I will assist in cash money,But my CREDIT CARD no way.Be careful how you give you credit card information to anyone,If i have to make a purchase and I have to give my credit card information it's not going to happen.Everytime i go on PISSED CONSUMER'S their is someone crying about their CREDIT CARD.STOP THE MADNESS.STOP GIVING OUT YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM.When i am asked for my credit card information,I state i can send you a check.I am for real about mine.

How funny is that, an add for direct tv and wal mart card right under the complaint. I guess direct tv and Walmart card is flipping you off.

That is the biggest *** you I have ever seen.

I will also be canceling direct tv when contract is up.

:cry

When you have an agreement/contract for DirecTV service, you also agree that any credit card you use can be retained and used to settle final charges in the event that you disconnect service. It is not illegal because it is in your contract. It is your job to read the contract. Same thing goes for those of you that use your credit card to pay someones bill, they can retain the card on file and if that person ends up owing after disconnecting service, they have full legal right to charge that card to settle the account.

There is nothing illegal about it. Greendot and DirecTV have nothing together, doesn't matter if it was GreenDot, BlueDot, YellowDot, Bank of America, Chase, Capital One or anyone else, they still would have charged the card and there is nothing the CC company can do because it is legit.

PAY YOUR BILLS!!!

Direct TV place a charge in the amount $474.83 on my charge card. When I contacted them, they told me this was for my son's equipment and final bill which isn't even in my name.

I told them that only helped with my son's bill a few times until he got back on his feet.

They say since I used my credit card more than once to pay the bill that I am now reasponsible for all charges on his account. I have never heard of such a thing and this should be against the law.

Green Dot Corporation

We try to resolve all issues in a timely and satisfactory manner for our customers. Dispute claims are thoroughly reviewed and resolutions are based on our investigation of the claim. If you would like more information on your issue, please contact our loss management department at 1-866-871-2415.

Sounds as though DirectTv and Green-dot money card has a racket going.I believe I'd see an attorney(one that you choose)and see if there is not something he/she can do to get your money back. I'd also file a complaint with the BBB against Green-dot.The BBB will not answer complaint against DirectTV,they get too many.

View more comments (6)
Loss
$2000

Directv in Seattle, Washington - Direct TV is horrible

I usually don't do this, but direct tv has been so horrible for me that I am using every forum I can find to tell people. We only have them because the apartment complex. I got a 2 year contract with the promise that if we moved the contract could be void at no expense to me if service wasn't available in our new location. We moved and transferred service to the tune of $130..a far cry from the free movers special that is advertised on tv right now. After the service was transferred a rep from out HOA said the dish could not be on our roof. After a months run around they sent a tech out to relocate, only to discover the dish is on our neighbor's roof. The tech called and told someone that was the only place to get signal, and that we should be disconnected. When I finally talked to someone in they mysteriously had no record of the call from the tech. I'm still trying to get this worked out, and I'm so annoyed! With 15 million customers do they really need my ill gotten early termination fee so badly?

Agreed pissed also. Got directv last yr for my mom.

At that point she had to pay 200 $ deposit and they stated it would be refunded at $5 a month. Well we just found out yesterday that since she was late on payment they will no longer give her $5 monthly credit. So there goes$170. They have kept.

Then she moved last month and we called for the move they wanted to charge her $149.99 plus 19.95 s&h for equipment even tho. She has the equipment. The rep said if u wait till sept. To make move after ur first year it will be free.

Well we called yesterday and now they are charging $199 plus $19.95 s h. For the move. Plus they kept the $170. If we cancel than its $240 early termination.

So either way my elderly mom is screwed. I feel they totally rip off.

Speaking w a rep supervisor does not help either this is way too stressful. I hate directv and dont know what to do.

terry mann

View more comments (1)

Directv in Alden, New York - Overcharged and Lied

I called months ago stating that the tv picture was tiling and that the receiver was coming on by itself. It took me 3 months to convince them I needed a new receiver. Called about the bill once again the supervisor offered me $ 15 a month off for a year and also offered me free HBO and showtime for 3 months. Got my bill today guess what ?? They charged me $ 37 for HBO, Starz1 and showtime and then charged me another $ 33.30 for a partial month of the movie channels. They tell me I agreed to the movie channels that is buy 2 get 1 free .. Not .. Its summer I spend my time at work everyday and during the evenings I am outside ..Why would I order move channels when I don't watch TV that much ??? Called to complain and they tell me they can't credit my account ... Why you can charge me but can't credit me and they want to keep switching me to different departments ... They are totally incompant and liars !!

i think since ge capitol and walmart and greendot money are all tied in with direct tv they should be responcible. i was at sam's and direct tv was there and wanted me to also buy a greendot money card,they said that i would save money....please

Direct T.V. Subscriber since fall of 1994 with customer number 99,238.

Quit your complaining. I had to pay $968 for my first dish that is given away free now. I also had to pay an additional $500 for my second receiver. You did not have to pay your dues like I and the first 2 million customers did.

Cable sucks, NFL ticket is on Direct TV. Life is good.

If you don't like your dish, get off the bandwagon as we don't need you. David E

View more comments (1)

Directv in Orlando, Florida - Direct Tv screwed me with unfounded charges

I had direct tv for 24 years. In 2012 my connection kept cutting me out of channels I had received for those years. I called several times and the customer service said they could come out and fix it for $50. or $10. per month fee. Then because of the contract I had to wait 2 YEARS to disconnect or they could charge me $480! Then after I disconnected they charged me for movies I never watched as I was never connected though a phone line to receive movies. Calling is a waste of time. They are crooks! They also have no local office to go to so everything is on line and again you are wasting your time.
Tags
  • local office

Directv in Omaha, Nebraska - In my opinion Direct tv are liars

Worst customer service. They lie about free install if you move. They lie about free install when you move when you sign up with them. The worst most unprofessional customer service I have ever dealt with. Do yourself a favor and avoid this company like the plague. If there is a sight where you can go to set up a class action lawsuit against this unscrupulous company please let everyone know. Am planning on e- mailing my States attorney general and the FCC about their purposeful non disclosure and their false advertising. Am going to make their planned dishonesty known to as many people as I can. It is time to say enough is enough and go after these unscrupulous companies and their in my opinion pre meditated lies. The war is on.

Try The FTC.com and report them too

DirecTV sucks

horrible customer service overpriced only reason I have them is for the NFL Sunday Ticket everytime it rains TV goes out no signal always searching for signal .for example right now 12 o'clock AM can't sleep barely raining just a light drizzle and I have no service on my television sitting here in the dark waiting for service to be restored .would never ever refer DirecTV to a friends there the most unfriendly horrible company ever .I think I would rather spend 50-100 dollars a week at the bar just to watch my games then give DirecTV another penny of my money .totally dissatisfied and pissed off .

If DIRECTV is so terrible,Why are you still paying for the service?KNOW one is twisting your arm to keep the service.Try some other network and See if the result's are any different.The nerve of some people.I have tryed all the service's.And believe me DIRECTV is the best i have had.

raining, and no signal AGAIN.. At least direct tv has helped me get through my reading list this summer!

I no longer have to listen to the weather channel to know when its going to rain, be windy or even cloudy. I live with a friend who has this service and As soon as clouds gather, the direct TV signal is gone...

So, stuck at home during inclement weather with no tv. Who buys this *** anyway?

Quit your whining. Just because you live in your parents basement does not mean you have to write bad reviews. Get off our bandwagon as we don't need ungreatful little *** like yourself.

View more comments (4)

Directv in Indianapolis, Indiana - DIRECT TV

I visited the store in Kokomo Indiana on saturday. A rep from Direct tv started talking to me about changing my service from Dish network to Direct tv. after talking to him for some time and asking several questions I decided to let him"lock in a price for me" so I could go home and think about it. I asked him twice and he said there was no 2 yr. contract. when he called his company to give them my info the rep on the other end asked if I had been told it was a 2 year agreement! I WAS PISSED !!!!! Mennards does not need untruthful people trying to sell services. I am not saying I won't go back but it sure left a bad taste in my mouth

I don't blame you at all..this is the way I felt when I saw DirectTV selling their lies to customers in Walmart and Sam's club.I wrote both stores and told them exactly what I thought of them for letting DTV sell lies to customers in their stores. go to Mennards website and tell them what you think and how DTV lies.

Review

Directv in Dallas, Texas - Cancelled my service because of someone's else balance.

I am attempt­ing to focus my frus­tra­tion over my recent DIRECTV expe­ri­ence into affect­ing some pos­i­tive change. I order services on 08/30/2012 at my apt. I was offered a nice promotion deal and was also giving lots of rebates. So I accepted the offered with direct. My install date was 09/01/2012 between 8am-12am. When the date arrived I waited for the installation worker to come out and install my new equipment, and he never showed. I called customer service only to find out my service was cancelled because my father had services in his name at my old address. I understand my service being cancelled if I was using the same address. But this is a new address. Why should I have to pay for his debt. This is not fair. I asked could I speak to supervisor. I was placed on hold for 30 mins before some finally answered the phone only to placed back on hold for an additional 10 mins .So I asked the supervisor was this posted in the terms and agreements. The rep stated that is was not. He also stated that this is an issue with lost preventions. So I asked for a number so I could contact someone in the dept. He was not able to give my any info. So I asked for a cooperate email or number, he stated that he could not give me any info. He advised me to write a letter to cooperate. I asked for a address, the rep stated I should search the web for an address. I Was very disappointed with customer service on how they handled the situation.

they did this to me too

This literally just happened to me to for the exact same reason (my Dad has a past due bill). I will be filing a claim with my state and the FCC and I suggest you do the same. We need the strength in numbers.

Same thing happened to us, I sure hope it doesn't happen again tho :?

View more comments (2)
Review

Directv in Atlanta, Georgia - Direct TV is a horrible company that will rob you blind>

Shody equipment , poor channel sources and outrageously priced! We need to start a class action law suit! Direct TV is robbing people and they need to be stopped! I have been over charged! They have tried to force me into extended contracts to get the service that i 'm already paying for. You can not contact any of their Operating officers and they are a public held company! Customer loyalty and customer care meen nothing to them. All they care about is how many new customers they sign and to *** with the ones they have. They will not be number 1 for long!

Customer since 1994. Direct T.V.

is superior to any and all other programming. Right now I am watching the markets on a fuzzy cable signal at work. Don't have that problem on my 52 inch high def at home. I have seven recievers on my invoice every month with 5 being DVR's.

Never a problem. Some of you folks might want to trim your overgrown trees that you have neglected.

Customer since 1994. Direct T.V.

Have had Direct TV for 10 years. Equipement is great and customer service is terriffic. No complaints here and have great choice of channels as well

Im in on the class action suit!!!

View more comments (3)