Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Directv in Morgantown, West Virginia - Relocation of my service

Hello, my account with Direct tv has not been the most pleasant. I first was mislead with my contract I thought I agreed to a 12 month contract instead to find out it was 24months and the installer when at my house installing the equipment advised me that when I moved he would be more than happy to move my services and said that it would not be a cost to me since I was relocating to find out today that there is a charge and other hidden cost of $286.00 then the rep was going on to say more. I advised I did not want to pay to relocate that I would just terminate my services now, he said the charge would be $360 plus any other fees and my card on file would be debited in 15 days. I advised before I do not want my card on file and I do not want anything debited from my card without my consent. i called customer service and they said that no matter what that is how they are going to get final payment. I think that is wrong. I will have my bank stop that card and get me another card. VERY VERY DISATISFIED CUSTOMER!!! 304.288.6844 Tina

Directv in Humacao, Puerto Rico - Direct Tv moving and unemployed

I called to move my service to my in laws because we could no longer afford our mortgage. The service rep and later a supervisor informed me that there was going to be a charge to move my service $231. I asked if I could disconnect and of course there is that early termination fee. So for some who Cannot afford either they were not willing to work with me. So I am stuck paying for a service I cannot use. Is this legal? If there is a lawyer here please help. Of if not can some sue the *** out of them?!

Forget the contract comments on here. You jerks.

He is unemployed and moved. He isn't using it anymore. I don't care about a 2 year agreement. He signed it because THAT IS THE ONLY WAY HE COULD GET CABLE.

You sound like collectors. It should be illegal for them to continue to charge you when you have no home or no job.

That should be a rule, period. Have some sense and compassion people.

If the representative at the time of the service did not indicate to you that there would be a termination fee or that you were under some sort of promotional contract then good luck. How long were you a customer, surely good will would count.

I would call again and speak to someone else. Times are tough.

People should realize this. Sales people will say anything to make a sale.

Its hard to sue when you are under a contract.

Your the one who signed the contract!!!! You cant sue them because you cant pay your debts!

View more comments (3)

Directv in Salt Lake City, Utah - Absolutely ridiculous

Just today I called and cancelled Shotime that they just decided to sneak onto my bill and was badgered about trying to get rid of it. And then I was watching Fox and it said Directv customers could possibly be losing this channel on Sept 1. Seriously? I'm sick of Directv threatening to get rid of channels we all pay for just because they want more money. And those commercials that say it's like $40 a month is a total lie. My bill is about $65 for the most basic package. I CANNOT wait for my contract to be up in a few months.

Oh, I believe Anonymous knows what they are talking about being as they have been a customer of DTV for some time.I too was a DirecTV customer for a short time and I know first hand what liars they are and how they deceive their customers.What I can't understand is why someone would want to defend these ***

It's funny that most complaints are from people who absolutely know nothing about what they are speaking on.

That's why its a complaint because no one takes the time to actually understand.

As the other comment states, ALL providers go through contract negotiations. DirecTV IS NOT advertising anything because they want more money, instead they are trying to get out of paying out more money to the actual provider which if they just submit and agree to paying more moeny THEN it would cost you as a subscriber more.

Pick up a book and read!!!

All service providers go through contract negotiations. Dish lost amc....dont worry you will go through the same thing with another company

Directv in Clermont, Florida - Bette deal with switching from Dish all lies

My mom and I both switched to direct, I referred my mother after I was offered a great deal, which turned out to be all lies. We were promised gift cards which we never received. my mother never got a bill and her service was interupted. Just problems from the beginning. we were promised a great number of things that we never received. I don't mind the switch but the promises and the lies, We can so without. I would not recommend this service to anyone. we Initially wanted prism and we were told that we could switch anytime without penalty because we would not have a 2 year contract. (lie)
Tags
  • great deal

Directv in Sioux Falls, South Dakota - Direct TV

Boy they took me too. I had a price quote for 39.99/month and then the fees came. My total bill was to be 68.99/month. Well bad went to worse. They didn't want to run a line for the 4th tv so I never did get it hooked up. Yes, I did get charged the 6.00 even though I never used it. Nice talking to customer service and trying to explain that you never got the box hooked up so why was I being charged,. Nice people. gave me 2.00 credit!!! Took 2 different tech to get it hooked up but wait, they couldn't get it hooked up to the internet. My friend came over and did it. NICE!!! Ok, got the first bill was 69.15. ok that is good, but wait then I got an email stating my bill was 74.24. Called yet again. they said they tacked on a protection plan so that was why the bill was at 74.24. Ok just got this months bill. Now it is 79.95. Called spoke with 3 different supervisors. Said I was being charged extra for hd. What the ***! I tried to explain not paying, that my bill was to be 68.99 minus the 6.00 for the box they never got hooked up,. That went exactly nowhere. I asked them why I was being charged more now,. they said I was now being charged an extra 10.00 for hd sevice. When I signed up none of this was told to me and I tried to explain that to them but, I am a little fish in the pond. More fees!!!!! I have talked to so many customer service reps and supervisors and everyone tells me something different. I will never get Direct Tv again or recommend them to anyone. I am stuck in a 2 year contract with them unless I pay a termination fee.

My fee kept going up too. I was told the HD was free and then they charged me for it each month.

I'm so sick of dealing with Direct TV that even though they are charging me $350.00,(they think), for early termination, I just have to get those blood suckers out of my life.

I'm not paying the fee. They can do what they want but I'm not paying the fee. They can drag me into court and I'm still not paying the fee. They said they would just take it out of my credit card they have on file. Well, tough luck buckos, I canceled the credit card and changed my bank account.

Maybe they will try to take my house. I'm just so damned mad that I'm not going to submit to their bullying tactics.

I'm an 80 year old woman and won't they look charming hauling my decrepit self into court. I'm so old that I don't give a *** what those vampires do.

Number one DIRECTV does not have any hidden fee's.You choose your own plan.The highest plan DIRECTV has is $119.00 a month.So my question to you is how are you paying $392.00 a month?Even with taxes you will not pay this amount.You pay for what you request. It is not free for you are me or ANYONE ELSE.When DIRECTV increased their plan's.I downgraded to an less expensive plan.When i was asked why?I wanted to downgrade.I informed the customer service rep.That i did not want to pay this type of money for their service and I had no problem with DIRECTV.My package is close to what i originally had in the first place.Weather you have DIRECTV or CABLE.The result's are about the same.Each have problem's being greedy at time's.Each want's to not share the profit.Each has issue's with each other.Believe me one is no better than the other.If you feel CABLE is better.READ futher on this site and See what is said about CABLE.Downsize your package.And you will see the effect it has on your monthly billing.It's not DIRECTV'S fault.It's your's for not paying attention to what you are requesting.Go back,Take a good long look at your package.Then take the neccessary step's to choose what you can afford and What you really need in the package.If you want all the program's,Be prepared to pay for them.It's so simple.This is not DIRECTV fault.This is your fault for not using your head.

These people are a joke! Thier channels sucks, and and they sneak in price hikes!

We went from 69 dollars to 392 Dollars?? What the fduck? Im going back to cable, or somebody else that dosent have "hidden fees"!!

Directv you have lost me! Know that!!!!

Review
#342095 Review #342095 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Directv in Houston, Texas - Direct tv lieing to the public

was going to get direct tv, then i found out that they wanted to run a credit check. which in it's self was a good idea to determine the amount of deposit i would have to put up. the distressing thing that i was told by direct tv's enrollment supervisor was that the amount of discount i was to receive was solely determined by my credit rating, this was to make sure that the ones who deserved the greatest discount would receive it. i asked who determined who was going to make the decision if i was deserving of the discount. she told me direct tv would make that decision. this appeared to me to be blatantly illegal either everyone can get the discount or no one can. it is not up to direct tv corporation to decide if i'm worthy of there discount or not.

To the first comment nobody is talking about a loan and to compare it to that means you either didn't read what he wrote or you work for Directv.personally i have never had a problem with Directv but Comcast on the other hand is a joke.they either want you as a customer or they don't it is that simple.take your money somewhere else and do all you can to take customers with you hit them were it hurts The Pocket Book

So you think that everyperson should get the same rate on a car loan? How about a home loan?

Nobody is holding a gun to your head here. You have the free will to choose another provider who does not do credit checks.

Or better yet. Skip pay TV for a bit and pay your bills instead.

agreed to get tv based on fact that they told me they only need to cable wire to one receiver. they told me the main receiver transmitted signal to other receivers in house saving running cable to all the receivers.

when installer arrived, I was suprised to here that was a big fat lie. Had to drop the deal and send the installer home.

brandee310

I had the same thing happen. When I did the online credit check it said it was good and there was no deposit. Then I got a letter in the mail saying I do not qualify for the free deposit.

View more comments (3)
Review
#342015 Review #342015 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Directv in Denver, Colorado - Direct TV

We have bounced around from cable to Direct Tv and now we just have Netflix. Direct Tv kept jacking the rates up and down and finally told me I needed to get a lesser package if I wanted to save money. After a week of the lesser package I had enough and called to cancel the service. They threatened I would have to pay to get out of my contract. I gladly paid them the 250 and told them that part of that payment was to never contact me again. I keep getting letters asking me to come back and had to subject myself to the incompetent customer service people. I asked for the 250 back noting that part of that money was to not contact me ever again, they have assured me that I won't receive anymore solicitations however I will believe it when I do not see it. The only way to combat these corporations is to not give them your money, everything should be treated in this manner. If you don't like the way you are treated at a store, business or whatever DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY and eventually they will go away. Make these places accountable there are other options.

Not sure what your message is but personally I believe we need to demand our lawmakers hold DirectTV accountable and not just a small fine as in the class action suits.. if DTV continues to do as they have done in the past..Shut Them Down Permanently!

Review
#341915 Review #341915 is a subjective opinion of poster.

DirecTV don't care about their customers

Called DirecTV and spent 3 hours speaking with a representative and they are not willing to send another box for free when the box is not working properly. They offer HORRIBLE SERVICE do not get DTV for TV service. Want to sell you everything but will not help you when you have a problem. The worst company in customer service business. I sent a letter to the presidents office 1 month ago and still not heard from them. I am definitely canceling my service with this non customer driven company! The box are so outdated that even a surge will damage them the quality of product they provide you with is so cheap that breaks easy so they can sell you protection plan. and they are typing on the computer while they are attempting to listen. but in reality they are not listening to what you are saying, instead typing to their supervisor. ......................HORRIBLE
Loss
Tags
  • worst company

Directv in Los Angeles, California - Charge for movies

I canceled one of their boxes and sent it back to them, now i received my bill and they billed me for 6 movies that i never order and their excuse was that after receiving their box, they scanned and found out that they didn't charge me for these movies (the bill for this movies was June 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 4 and the bill i received was for this September) this is not right and fair because in order to order movies, don't you have to have a code? They are of no help at all, they wouldn't even waived any money at all.

DirectTV is well known for charging for movies that customers did not order because they know there is no way the customer can prove they did not order the movies..just their word against the customers and DTV has the box.nikalseyn...the kicker is that if the customer does not pay the charges,DTV will cancel service, the customer will be charged early cancellation fees and most often non returned equipment fees even though they return the equipment on time, and this charge will be drawn automatically from the account they have on file for that customer.I highly recommend changing the # of the account or cancel that account to prevent any future charges.

No, you don't have to enter a code to enter pay per view movies on directv unless you yourself set up parental controls. All you have to do is select yes, and confirm you want to order it.

nikalseyn

Did you, or did you not order the movies? If they are correct about this, then just pay them for something you received.

If they are wrong, then write them a letter explaining how and why they are wrong, and tell them you cannot pay something you do not owe. Then, don't pay it. Deduct this charge from your monthly bill when you pay it.

If they retaliate, then cancel their service and still refuse to pay them. They are not the most reputable business anyway.

Directv in Troy, Michigan - Tell you what you want to hear to get business

I want to thank "Skurno" for posting the address to the VP of Direct TV. I sent a letter of complaint to the VP and received a phone call from someone representing the President. I agree with Skurno. There's power in numbers. If you have a horrible experience, as I did, then you should write a letter of complailnt to: Ms'. Ellen Filipiak SR VP, Customer Care 2230 E Imperial Highway El Segundo, CA 90245 Email: Ellen|.Filipiak@directv".com I was fortunate that I cancelled the service within 24 hours of it being turned on and no longer have to deal them.

Funny my friends with other providers lost their local channels and are now going to dtv because cable did not reach an agreement. These negotiations happen with all providers

I am tired og directv having problems with contract negotiations. Now it is with local stations.

Stations u can get for FREE without directvAre they just money hungry.

Something else to raise their rates I guess. Get with the program Directv and stop trying to make a killing off the people who don't have no way to get cable.

View more comments (1)