Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

DirecTV don't care about their customers

Called DirecTV and spent 3 hours speaking with a representative and they are not willing to send another box for free when the box is not working properly. They offer HORRIBLE SERVICE do not get DTV for TV service. Want to sell you everything but will not help you when you have a problem. The worst company in customer service business. I sent a letter to the presidents office 1 month ago and still not heard from them. I am definitely canceling my service with this non customer driven company! The box are so outdated that even a surge will damage them the quality of product they provide you with is so cheap that breaks easy so they can sell you protection plan. and they are typing on the computer while they are attempting to listen. but in reality they are not listening to what you are saying, instead typing to their supervisor. ......................HORRIBLE
Loss
Tags
  • worst company

Directv in Los Angeles, California - Charge for movies

I canceled one of their boxes and sent it back to them, now i received my bill and they billed me for 6 movies that i never order and their excuse was that after receiving their box, they scanned and found out that they didn't charge me for these movies (the bill for this movies was June 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 4 and the bill i received was for this September) this is not right and fair because in order to order movies, don't you have to have a code? They are of no help at all, they wouldn't even waived any money at all.

DirectTV is well known for charging for movies that customers did not order because they know there is no way the customer can prove they did not order the movies..just their word against the customers and DTV has the box.nikalseyn...the kicker is that if the customer does not pay the charges,DTV will cancel service, the customer will be charged early cancellation fees and most often non returned equipment fees even though they return the equipment on time, and this charge will be drawn automatically from the account they have on file for that customer.I highly recommend changing the # of the account or cancel that account to prevent any future charges.

No, you don't have to enter a code to enter pay per view movies on directv unless you yourself set up parental controls. All you have to do is select yes, and confirm you want to order it.

nikalseyn

Did you, or did you not order the movies? If they are correct about this, then just pay them for something you received.

If they are wrong, then write them a letter explaining how and why they are wrong, and tell them you cannot pay something you do not owe. Then, don't pay it. Deduct this charge from your monthly bill when you pay it.

If they retaliate, then cancel their service and still refuse to pay them. They are not the most reputable business anyway.

Directv in Troy, Michigan - Tell you what you want to hear to get business

I want to thank "Skurno" for posting the address to the VP of Direct TV. I sent a letter of complaint to the VP and received a phone call from someone representing the President. I agree with Skurno. There's power in numbers. If you have a horrible experience, as I did, then you should write a letter of complailnt to: Ms'. Ellen Filipiak SR VP, Customer Care 2230 E Imperial Highway El Segundo, CA 90245 Email: Ellen|.Filipiak@directv".com I was fortunate that I cancelled the service within 24 hours of it being turned on and no longer have to deal them.

Funny my friends with other providers lost their local channels and are now going to dtv because cable did not reach an agreement. These negotiations happen with all providers

I am tired og directv having problems with contract negotiations. Now it is with local stations.

Stations u can get for FREE without directvAre they just money hungry.

Something else to raise their rates I guess. Get with the program Directv and stop trying to make a killing off the people who don't have no way to get cable.

Directv in Brookfield, Illinois - Light rain shuts my service down every time

Update by user Aug 26, 2012

I was wrong, folks! It will cost me 420 dollars to cancel! DO NOT GET DIFECTV!!!

Original review posted by user Aug 26, 2012

I've been a loyal difectv customer for almost 10 years. Always defended them when my freinds and family told me to dump them. Well, tonight was the last straw. There's been a LIGHT rain here in chicago all day, and my service has suffered because of it. My wife and i recently agreed to a 2 year contract so we could get a dvr recciver in my daughters bedroom, as she is in college now and likes to record her shows. Ever since then it seems like the service has gotten worse, i will say it sucks now. When i complain, i'm told " well if you cancel, you'll have to pay a 200 dollar cancellation fee" well, *** difectv, i consider that 200 bucks a slight bump, less than 2 months of your lousy service. Now you're losing a 10 year customer and the approximately 1500 dollars a year i've been wasting. But i'm sure you're not really that upset about it. HELLO COMCAST!!!

If your having service issues call to get it fixed could be that the dish needs to be aligned you don't need to be childish about it and throw a temper tantrum

Directv in Richmond, Kentucky - Direct TV

My DVR receiver went out today and it will be a week before DirectTV can send a technician. Even though the majority of my viewing habits are disrupted, this generous company is crediting my account a whole $6 and acting like they are doing me a favor in the process. Their representatives were smug, non-responsive and did NOTHING to make me feel like they valued me as a customer. Definitely not the experience I had with DISH Network!!!! BEWARE!!! DirecTv does not advertise the frustrating limitations of their Whole Home DVR. Only one TV at a time can access recordings. This is infuriating when two people wan to watch different recordings. Do yourself a favor and pay a little more for service. The representatives at DirecTv will make it worth it!

I have been a customer of DTV for 2 years. I have never had anything but good experiences with customers service.

Now, with that being said. I have read multiple comments on these threads that consist of people calling the author crybabies/ ignorant and mocking their complaints. The entire purpose of this website is to voice complaints (hints the name pissedconsumers) its not called directvissuperawesome.com. To Ha and AL I too would be pissed if I had to pay money for something I wasn't able to use, especially since you have to pay more for the ability to have dvr.

These people's childish taunts sound more like someone on payroll not fellow customers. And if you don't want to hear ppl *** and moan why come to a website specifically for that. One other thing, I find it hard to believe the people who are claiming to work for Directv are gainfully employed by them or anyone else considering their lack of ability to spell and the grammatical aptitude of a third grader.

Its kind of sad my first complaint about this company comes because of idiots who may or may not even work for them. I pray that I am not giving money to a company that would allow employees to treat customers with such high levels of disrespect and have such low levels of intelligence.

OMG, Iwon't have tv for a week? Wh- what am I going to do? WHAT AM I GOING TO DO!?

Oh gee whiz> My Dvr went out. It is the end of the world.

Get a life and worry about important things in life. Your complaimnt is a bad joke!

Rude directv rep

We have been directtv customers for 18 years. Although our bill is not due until sept. our service was cut off today. When my 82 year old mother called about it today the rep was rude to the point of making her cry. Is this how to do business? Our bill has also been steadily climbing for the last 5 years with no explanation as to why. This used to be a good company when they cared about their customers. But now it's all about the dollar. Our bill averages 175.00 a month. We live in a rural area and directv is the only game in town. Too bad for us.

For $175.00 per month (which is pretty high), I would expect better service too and her service has been shut off and payment is not due until Sept.Oh Yes, directTV will shut you off no matter how good a customer you are or have been.I would check around and see if there are any other cable services available in your area.

@Ridiculous..........why? did you really have to comment? :x

Why do people always bring up things that are irrelevant to their complaint?? Prices have been steadily rising??

Guess what, so has everyone elses!! What does that have to do with your service being shut off?? I doubt they will shut off your service if your bill was late or behind.

And if you have been a customer for 18 years which is basically the first year they started until now and have always paid on time then they wouldnt shut you off. You are not being completely honest with us about why you got shut off.

Tags
  • Rural area

Directv in Orlando, Florida - Overcharged and took 7 days to come out and fix my dish

i have had direct for 8 months and 7 out of the 8 i have had billing or tecnical problems. i am constantly being over charged. the boxes never work always go out and never want to record.now i call them ot to fix my box because all of my tvs r out and they want 70 bucks for a service call and then schedualed me for 4 days later and then the guy never shows so i call and they tell me it will be anthor 4 days that they r backed up and r not willing to help in anyway. so now lets see if he comes on this 7th day without tv. in a house with 4 kids and no tv for 7 days is CRAZY.....DO NOT USE DIRECT!!!!!!

Have had direct TV for 10 years and not a problem. Service is great and cutomer reps are a pleasure to deal with. In 10 years never had a piece of equipment go bad.

Review

Directv in Mission Viejo, California - Direct TV charged for football channel I did'nt want.

Direct Tv was was paid automatically each month from my bank account. I was given the football channel free for signing up. No problem so far. Year 2 and they felt they should charge me for the football channel which I didnt' want. Football hasn't even started yet. MY bank account got screwed up because they charged me for something I did't want. Now I have no TV and they give you no number to call to discuss the issue with. Just many options too pay. What a racket... They can stick thier dish where the sun don't shine.

It is never wise to let DirectTV or any company automatically withdraw from any account,DTV is well known for overcharging accounts and the customer can not do a thing about it but pay because you gave them permission to your account anytime or for any amount they see fit.

I got Directv Last year too, and my agreement clearly stated with the free nfl that year, that it would automatically charge the next year unless I called to cancel it. I'm betting yours did too, and all you need to do is call 1-800-531-5000 and they'll cancel it and credit your directv account with the amounts that have already been billed. Heck, I even got email and billing notification 2 months before that happened.

Directv in Greensboro, North Carolina - Abandoned equipment

WE have rental property and a past renter used DirectV. We removed the satelite and now find out the company takes no responsibility for picking up this monstrosity! Customer Service suggested we get rid of it. My question is "where?" It is too large to fit in trash can. We were then told to hang on too it until we have our yearly large pic up. That will be 10 months from now. The rep suggested we store it in the garage. This residence has NO garage. I guess we are stuck with the monstrosity. Very poor customer service. I would never consider DTV !!!!!

When directv is installed the dish is bought by the customer. The only equipment that is leased is the receivers

Seriously? This is more an issue with your landlord than DirecTV.

It's their responsibility to maintain the premises. Many homes come with past garbage and debri.

Either have your landlord remove it, or put it in your car and take it to a dump. Silly complaint when DirecTV has so much more wrong with them.

Directv in Raleigh, North Carolina - Direct TV

I urge you NOT to ever get Direct TV service. I had direct tv service for two year. The first two boxes I received did not record shows properly. The first box I called customer service and they told me they would send me a new box and a box that I could return the DVR back to them. I received the new box but did not receive the return box. The second box did not record programs correctly either so I called Direct TV back. The lady told me that they would send out a new box and a return box. I told her I did not receive the first return box. She told me that I did not need to return the first box. I received the new box but still no return box. Two weeks later my checking account has bounced. I notice that Direct Tv has chosen to charge me for the two boxes I have "tried" to return but now have received no boxes to return the equipment. By now I am livid. It takes me two months to have my account refunded. When I move, I am forced to make an appointment for them to come to my new apartment to see if they can establish a line of site. I explain that there is no outdoor access. But I am still forced to wait four days for them to come to tell me they cannot establish a line of site. They tell me I am due $41 in a refund -- 60 days later from my move. No refund. I call and then they say it is not $41 it is now $19 and since they made a mistake, it will now take another 30 days to receive my refund of $19. They did not notify me of their mistake. All that to say, STAY AWAY FROM DIRECT TV. THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF!!!!!