Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Directv in Lubbock, Texas - Direct TV

I hate these satalite companies. They cant provide channels anymore, channels that I still pay for but they don't mind if I am 40.00 dollars late by one day and shutting me out. CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT. ANYONE GAME? DIRECT TV SUCKS. Why is it that the little man always gets screwed and we can't do anything about it, just sit back and watch big people, big companies and the goverment pull or chain, and ding *** Everybody should boycot all companies for one day cancell all agreements and see if these companies and goverment will pull there head out.

tmomma: Yes that it what this site is for. I am using it for that.

(: thank you. Clearly I am making a complaint.

Who cares: You are a retard if you say "blah, blah, blah". You must work for Directv? Really?

Wow what a poorly drawn out conclusion. Who helped you pull that one together? Any company, big or small will treat you like this. You have to pay your bills, they are at liberty to change your service, just like you can go ahead and change the company you chose to provide you with the service.

Do that, hopefully everyone will. And hopefully they will undergo this experience all over again. :D It's a loss of channels, not a loss of life. When did TV become a necessity?

By the way I have cable, not as many channels, and they have lost some too. Which are permanently suspended, not temporarily. I've had Directv and I read my service agreement before I signed up and I followed it.

I hop companies, for the new customer offers. And that is how I make it by, and get the most up to date equipment.

go to ***, he has the right to ***. that is what this site is for people.

You must work for Direct TV. U are a retard if you say blah blah blah.

I Looks like somebody already suck you dry. Good luck Dumb ***

You are a *** t a r d. "Evey body should boycot...cancel all agreements and see if these companies ..." blah blah blah.

Dumb rant. Waste of space. I hope you file a class action lawsuit. I hope you get sucked dry of all your money, so that your services do get cut off.

*** yes if you are late on your bill you get cutoff and have to pay the full fee to turn it back on. You don't expect the electric company to give you a break do you? And guess what if you call Directv 24 hours before the cutoff date they will give you up to a 7 day extension? What *** holes.

I mean how could they be so gracious? You have 30 days to pay your bill and then some after it becomes past due? And then they extend the cutoff date if you ask them? How dare they be so generous.

File a lawsuit.

You don't think they hear that every five *** seconds from i d iots like yourself? Go re read your customer agreement you dumb ***

Directv in Richmond, Kentucky - Rental equipment returned, but charged anyway

I recently returned all equipment after canceling service. Since they only sent 1 label for return shipping for all the equipment it shows I only returned part of the equipment. Each label is scanned according to equipment in the box. Since I sent all equipment back in one box because of only having 1 label I am now being charged for the equipment they say is missing, even though it shows I sent it back in the required time frame. Never again will I go with Direct TV,...poor business practices!!! Now I have to wait 30 days for a refund! This is just not right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#520896

Refunded only a portion of what they said they would after receiving equipment,...even after I contacted the BBB about it. WHAT A TOTAL RIP OFF! No justice at all

You are correct about the LACK of customer service. I recently quite DIRECT TV for various reasons.

I sent the equipment back as soon as I received the boxes, almost 1 month ago. Yesterday they deducted $503 from my account for not receiving their receivers. I called immediately and OH YES they did get them but it was just a "human error" that it was not recorded. So I get charged because they did not bother to "double check" before charging me and it will take days to get my money back.

REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote: "We have over 20 million customer and we do make mistakes". Fine!! But don't take days to give me my money back.

I told them I wanted it within 24 hours. And compensation. Guess what they offered me???? Rebates on coming back as a customer.....takes balls huh?

NEVER in a million years..........Oh and then they stated that I switched providers when I canceled them. NO I did not. We went to antenna!!! We get 17 local channels now and NOT the 5 we got from them!

Also payed extra for that from them. They are getting FREE advertizing from me..starting here!!

Directv in Doylestown, Pennsylvania - Viacom channels

I'm not happy that Directtv can't work out their issue with Viacom. My wife & I watch some of those channels that aren't available now most of our tv viewing time. Directtv should discount the packaged if they can't broadcast channels that were part of the programming package we signed up for. It is ridiculous the amount they charge for services. They entice you by saying you can save money then charge for add on items to increase your bill. What a shame! I saw the president of the company on Undercover Boss and he seemed like a good guy. Must have been an act.

I called them, and got a 20.00 credit off my bill for 6 months. I miss my comedy central, and let them know it.

I don't know if I can last that long without the Daily Show & Colbert. What a deception.

Anonymous: You seem like a generally nice person. And I can't agree more that you should get a discount to your package.

They should set up some way to automatically put it on but they haven't. I recommend calling the 1800 number, Even though the channels will hopefully only be cut off for a couple more days they will cover the cost of the channels and then some for more than a month if you ask. They are offering mostly $5 off for certain number of months, sometimes they offer $ 10 for a certain number or even free movie channels. Unfortunately you do have to call, but you should give it a shot.

And nothing you see on reality tv is real, for any company or anyone. It is not reality.

To Annel: I hope you switch to dish. I hope they loose your favorite channels.

And I hope and pray that you are stuck in a contract, and have to live with out them. I think it would be nice if you had to read a book or go outside every once and a while.

To Annel: I hope you switch to dish. I hope they loose your favorite channels.

Via com u suck I'm switching to dish network. Sincerely a pissed off customer.

P.s. All the people I know are switching too.

Directv in Lorain, Ohio - Cancelled network stations

I am deeply disturbed with your decision to cancel stations in which I am paying for while you dispute whatever. The consumer should not experience a loss due to your negotiations. Further since the stations in question are primarily viewed by minorities and are forums for the dissemenation of political information outside of the media mainstream, I can't help but wonder if this is an attempt to prevent such dissmenation among minorities or should I say the African American population, some of these stations regularly speak to political issues which support the African American Society. Are you all Romney Supporters????? I demand that these stations be reinstated immediately without further cost to the consumers.

Mostly viewed by minorities? What lead you to this conclusion?

Were you sitting at home and you googled two different issues, read the first paragraph of the article and some how tied them together? What are you, a freshman in college? Did you need to find a way to use all those big words and poorly drawn out conclusions? Poor you, and everyone else lost those channels, but they are suspended and will be restored.

But while your dumb *** is trying to say that Directv would personally attack paying customers, is a joke.

They don't care what color of skin the person that pays the bills is, they only care about the color of the money, and as long as that is green, they are happy. People these days, I swear I hope you are joking.

Im walking away in my head! I swear everyone comes up with the dumbest excuses to make this all personal.

First i am offended that you would put this into a racist situation since i am african American. this is the reason we cant get rid of racial issues in america. Im glad directv removed them cause really people have gotten so *** they dont know how to even watch their kids. (directv is not here to take care of our kids) and really people need to start reading more.

and i would have been even madder if they just raised my bill. maybe we should research the information before we start getting *** about this.

Look up the song IM DUMB by Gorilla Zoe. this is what i would be singing if i was chillin with you ;)

This is not the first ridiculous post I've seen that somehow concludes that the contract dispute between DIRECTV and Viacom is somehow a personal attack on the black community. How anyone with working brain cells and the ability to use Google comes to this conclusion is mind boggling.

Are you serious? If so, direct your complaint to Viacom.

They're the ones who pulled your Nickelodeon channels for Blacks (wth?). LOL. They're doing the best they can. Go to directvpromise .

com for correct information. Check back regularly as they keep the African American Society ("Society?" is that the AAS?bwaha) updated on the progress of their negotiations.

OMGosh, the CEO's last name is White! *gasp!* That HAS to be a sign!!

DirecTV screwed me! Update

DirecTV SUX!!! Don't use DirecTV: On May 17th I canceled my account. Gave them my new address in which to send my final bill and a box in which to return my equipment. They did send the final bill, however I have been waiting for the box since then. On the 28th of June I get a call from DirecTV stating that my account is overdue. I return their phone call and find out that they sent the box to the wrong address. They are apolitical stating they sent it to the wrong address and that they will send me another box to the correct address. They also state once they receive their box, my account will be brought to a $0 balance. June 30th, I get charged for the box $267.50, because of their mistake. I call them and they admit their mistake and that there is nothing to do about the charges. I spoke to 4 people and still no refund. Don't trust them, don't give them your business. They are crooks that are trying to bleed their customers dry. I believe the box was sent to the wrong address intentionally and this is how they "reward" you for canceling your service. Update: On Friday July 13th, 2012, I called DirecTV to get the tracking number for the Reciever I had sent back. They gave me a number but it was for the tracking of the box they sent to send it back in, not the return tracking number of the receiver I had sent. I, of course, tracked this number to verify what I already knew, I had received the box to send it back in. This made me irritated, and I called back to get the correct tracking #. The lady on the line stated that they had received the HD box, and that I could expect the money in my account in 72hrs. So I waited.... Sunday, still no refund so I called back. The person on the phone stated that it may take up to 3-5 business days to see it in my bank account. I accepted that as fact but wasn't holding my breath. I even gave them the benefit of the doubt yesterday. However I get home tonight and there is a statement from them saying that the refund had been placed. I called my bank to confirm that this was so. Nope, called DirectTV back and the guy on the line stated that they hadn't received the HD receiver yet, and that is why I haven't seen the refund. Staying calm, I told him everything in this update so far..... Now they are going to release that money.... and it should post in the next 24-48 hours(not that I believe him) Moral of the Story: NEVER GIVE DIRECTV YOUR BANK INFORMATION AND NEVER SIGN UP FOR AUTOBILL PAY WITH THEM. NEVER AUTHORIZE TRANSACTIONS TO ANY BANK ACCOUNT (or if you do change your bank information IMMEDIATELY after you cancel your DirectTV service!!!!)
Loss

Directv in Washington, District Of Columbia - Viacom-shame on you*Direct TV -you as well!!

Yes it's true VIACOM should not be strong arming, however Direct TV should not be so greedy as to expect consumers to pay for thier lack of negotiating skills! A Monopoly has been attempted, but will not succeed....Americans are getting smarter everyday about the how BIG BUSINESS works...to screw them...so watch out VIACOM AND DIRECT TV, you could be bankrupt soon just like the rest of us!! There comes a point in everyones life where you have to stand for something or you will fall for anything! Please take a moment to think this through...if everyone cancelled their Direct TV on any given day, they WOULD change their tunes!!! WE HAVE THE POWER!!!!! USE IT!!!!

I would like to say I have the 180 channel setup and it really sucks because i might only watch 12-18 channels and I do not want to pay a cent more for channels I do not watch....I wish we could chose our channel line up and be billed for those only.. a right to chose is the right way..

Don't you realize that if directv gives in they will go up on your bill. I am glad that they are holding out. If you switch you will have this problem again when their contract ends.

I dont know if I should be pissed at direct tv or pissed at viacom.

Maybe both!

My spidey senses tell me that viacom and direct tv will be battling this thing out until near fall season when most people will be home wanting to watch their tv.

"however Direct TV should not be so greedy as to expect consumers to pay for thier lack of negotiating skills!"

wait, i thought the whole point of this was so that we wouldn't have to pay?

"There comes a point in everyones life where you have to stand for something or you will fall for anything!"

Really though? You're gonna hit us with this line over something as trivial as not being able to watch your favorite shows? This is where I stop taking you seriously.

and don't cancel your subscriptions en masse, that would just force directv to give in to viacom, resulting in a price raise, resulting in you unsubscribing anyway. just be patient, christ.

Loss

Directv in Washington, District Of Columbia - Direct tv has put my house in danger of a fire.

Update by user Aug 17, 2012

As yet I cannot get Direct TV to come and check out their wiring. But sense my credit card on file expires this month, I\'m sure I will be hearing from them.And sense I have not been using their service, I will not be paying them.

I have a brand new HD TV just sitting here that can\'t be plugged in because of the humming that comes from it when I turn it on.

Someone told me that it\'s humming because it\'s not grounded.

So we\'ll see. I\'m waiting for them to take me to court and see what the judge says.

Original review posted by user Jul 17, 2012

My phone kept cutting off every thirty minutes and I kept hearing the TV through the phone. Then all I could get from my phone was a busy signal. I called AT&T and found out that my phone was working outside but not inside. Come to find out Direst TV had spliced my phone line and hooked it to my TV. Also my HDTV does not really cut off because there's a humming noise coming from it after I cut it off. And the bedroom TV that this man hooked up the phone line to....makes a very loud noise of static when i cut it off. This has blown out my telephone lines in my living room. I want to discontinue Direct TV Services because my house is in danger of catching a fire while I'm gone or sleep.

Mlturner1 : I am getting so tired of explaining things to people. You are just not the brightest crayon in the box.

Lose Customers: This is not directv's website.

And you are dumb to think they don't want to keep bringing in the green. The channels will be restored soon, hopefully you can live with the fact that you will have to actually babysit your children for a few more days.

you guys are going to lose alot of customers due to this BS i watch all the channels that you shut down think im switching to cox or dish at least they have the channels i watch.................................. Fix the problem or lose customers your choice :(

Directv in Pico Rivera, California - Directtv and Viacom Channels

NOT HAPPY at all. The president of Directv is still on the air stating that loosing the Viacom channel is a temporary issue. It's already been a week. The promises of Directv are not sincere. Stop saying theire is negotiation in progress. This is just a tactic to keep your customers around. I am happy with what Viacom is doing? No! But they realize they have Directv right where they want them. Neither company has the loyal customer's interest in mind. Give the subscribers a chance to say what they will and will not pay for. Make the channels an option if need be. Stop holding your customers hostage with false promises. As for me, I am searching for another option.

Go to their website. Directvpromise.com and take their survey it would make you feel better about getting your opinion across.

And temporary does not always mean couple days, sometimes it can take weeks. Chill out and go outside. Read a book. Clean your house.

Have a conversation with you family. Dial up a long lost friend. Make some tea. Take a walk.

Ride your bike. Live your life, don't be centered around the box that projects sound and lights, that sits in your living room, and many other rooms in your home.

Directv in Atlanta, Georgia - BET MTV Centric and other stations gone

I want out of the contract with Direct TV since most of the channels I wanted in the original package deal are no longer available. I feel that if your company cannot provide the services agreed upon in the original contract that there is NO CONTRACT! How in the world can you ask $41.41 a month and I am not getting all of the channels I signed up for? Direct TV makes me want to run to Comcast or any other cable company that STILL have those channels I NO LONGER have! This sucks for real.. What a joke!

I totally agree I am giving them to the end of the month if they haven't made some changes; they want have too I will. I love centric and bet what the ***.

Now this ***, it a mess at the customers expense. We are getting screwed both ways in the butt and in our pockets.

Directv in Yuma, Arizona - STOP MAKING DIRECT TV PAYMENTS

Just spoke to very rude Direct Tv customer service agent.. I asked if they would waive cancellation fees since they dropped 26 channels. I received a lecture on two year contract that i signed, and they want 20.00 a month to cancel. I have two three year olds that love Dora, major reason for TV in my house. Well I stopped autopay and think if we all refuse to pay our monthly bill these bozos will figure out who they really need! Not Viacom executives or Direct Tv millionare shareholders, they need our monthly payment. Just stop! Watch them crawl!
#519861

I completely cancelled my service and now they want almost $300 in fees. It's ***. They have had horrible customer service from day one and then we lose half our channels!

Are you done crying and throwing a tantrum now that you can spend you precious time watching the channels that are back...of course now you will cry because your bill will go up for these channels that almost caused your life to end. :cry