Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

DirectV TREATS THEIR CUSTOMERS LIKE *** AND LIES TO CUSTOMERS

I have had problems with my Hi-Definition receiver since I supposedly upgraded. Everytime I complain they tell you one lie after another to try to cover up their incompetence. When I suggested that I go back to standard definition they started quoting prices of how much it will cost me to DOWN GRADE. You would think that they would just exchange the receivers but they are too *** to even think of something like that. I called and asked to speak to a supervisor and she was just as *** as the technician I was speaking to. I called back a while later to speak to a manager and they lied and deceived me by having me speak to an employee who works in their billing department. I will give that person credit because she told me she wasn't a manager and she could not understand why they would transfer me to her. From the tone of her voice I believe that she knew that I was getting the same ole directv *** runaround that they give everybody. I asked again to speak to a manager and they gave me some bozo who didn't seem to understand what a manager was. I finally hung up which is want they wanted me to do all along because they have no one intelligent enough to deal with the situation. I used to be a fan of directv but the quality of their products and service has greatly declined. I thought comcast was bad, but the more I speak to those idiots at directv, comcast is looking so much better to me.

Directv in Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania - Direct TV Sucks

Not only were they rude, inconsiderate, but they cancelled my order when NOBODY showed up at ALL. All I did was get the run around, I ask for a supervisor and just got pawned off on another person. Tech hung up on me, Management misled me, and now they want me to start another work order for their piece of *** service? Absolutely not, in fact i am gonna file a complaint on every single site i can find. At this point you couldn't give me their *** for free. I am going to make sure I tell EVERY person I know.

when are the issues going to be resolved? i have a granddaughter who i watch a couple of days per week, she loves some of the nickelodeon stations which have been removed and she is lost.

i am going to look for other

options if the stations are not put back on the air soon. the movie stations you gave us in place of the ones we lost suck, is there going to be a deduction on our monthly bills for this?

Directv in Leadville, Colorado - Took away many channels

We have been with directv for many many years, and they decide to randomly take away most of the popular shows, and expect us to keep paying them. If we aren't given our channels back i will personally cut off directv and let all of my family and friends to do the same. this is an outrage. Has been to long. Our channels must be back as soon as possible or directv will loose all there customers, give us what we pay for. this is ***. so now return all thee channels we are paying for immediately thank you

:cry This is so ridiculous to pay for my favorite channels. I asked your sales rep "specifically" for these channels and he guaranteed me I would have them!

This is bull.

Then you offer us the crappiest tv and movie channels instead. THATS NOT WHAT WE SIGNED UP FOR!

I would like you to post the channels that you took away in the last ninety days in the 10504 Area Code. I concur with the comments made by the subscribers who complain about the deletion of channels.

This sort of conduct is really outrageous. I'll bet you folks at Direct TV have not the integrity to provide that which I request.

Ok you took away all those channels so I hope our BILL is going to reflect that because we aren't receiving that,we contracted for .I believe that is BREECH of contract

Yes, they "randomly" took away all those channels. Probably just for their own amusement. :roll :roll :roll :roll

View more comments (4)

Directv in Phoenix, Arizona - False Information provided to customers

I am upset with Directv to the fullest. I will keep this short. A representative sold me a package for $72.99 for 12 months including everything with no changes and then after the first year it would go up to $119.00 a month. Now they are telling me after the first 3 months my bill will go up to $125.00 per month. Well the catch is I recorded the entire conversation from the sales representative and it clearly is voiced by the rep that my bill will be $72.99 per month for one year. After calling Directv and explaining this to them and letting them listen to the false advertising they are doing, Directv TV told me there is nothing they can do about the false sale. WHAT!!!!?... I am going to blast Directv until they honor their promise or until they let me out of my contract which I was giving false information. And about the cancel channels recently they have got to go there is so much mess and miss leading information with Directv it is a *** shame !!!!!!!

Just so you know directv doesnt control your taxes

The great thing here is I have the recording of the false mis leading information and all I want to do is get out of this dang contract so I can move back to Cox.... Sorry Cox Cale I will never leave you again... PS when I get a chance I am going to post the recording for the whole world to hear what Directv is doing to its customers.

ONE MORE THING..... REMEMBER THE DAY WHEN THINGS WERE IN WRITING AND WHEN A COMPANY NAMED A PRICE THEY HAD TO KEEP THEIR WORD.

NOW WHEN WE CALLL TO TALK PRICE CONTRACTS, WE GET SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT EVEN SPEAK ENGLISH AND WE NEVER KNOW IF WHAT THEY TELL US IS TRUE. I DO NOT KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE CALLED DIRECT TV BACK ABOUT A PRICE THEY PROMISED ME AND SOMEONE JUST SAYS "OH WELL I AM SORRY THAT HAPPENED...." AND NOTHING GETS DONE.

THEY DO WHAT THEY WANT TO US WHEN THEY WANT TO!!!!!!!!!!! :(

DIRECT TV IS THE WORSE AT TELLING YOU A PRICE AND NOT KEEPING THEIR WORD. IF I GET MY BILL PAID THEN THEY WILL INCREASE TAXES, FEES, LATES FEES OR WHATEVER THEY CAN FIND TO MAKE MY BILL HIGHER.

EVEN THOUGH I LIVE IN DALLAS, I AM LIMITED TO TV PROVIDERS. I WISH EVERYONE WITH DIRECT TV WOULD SHUT OFF THEIR SERVICE :(

View more comments (3)
Review

Directv in Portland, Oregon - GIVE ME MY COMEDY CHANNEL!!!!!

All of a sudden I can't get Comedy Channel on Direct TV. They say it's some garbage about fees being raised. Well, Direct TV has raised their fees a few times and if Viacom wants more money give it to them! We pay for the channels promised and I believe they are holding us hostage to their negotiations. *** all the sports channels that I don't want but give me my comedy!!!!! This isn't like when FX wanted to raise the fees, and Direct TV kept giving us warnings. This just happened without any heads up! BRING IT BACK!!!

May I get a DISCOUNT on my bill because I have no Comedy Central and BET two of my favourite channels.

Please donot make it easy for alot of us to go somewhere else. We love you guys. But, we will go in droves if we must..

Directv in Chicago, Illinois - This is BS

It has been a week now and nothing has happen and we are still being charged the same price for less TV service, this makes no sense, contract or not, I have to change, some of my favorite shows are on the channels that you have taken. You won't lower the price that i'm being charged so I am gonna go to comcast or ATT. I was very pleased with the service you have been providing up to this point, and I tried to way this out thinking it would only take a few days, but it don't look like there's gonna be any change soon, so I guess I should say it was good while it lasted.

Directv in Chicago, Illinois - I am paying for Direct Tv channels I dont get

I went to look @ the channels I pay for on my Direct Tv package.. Only to see a message come up about Viacom wanting us to pay more for the channels. I am pissed because I entered a contract with Direct tv not Viacom.Direct Tv has not contacted me...how will we be compensated for the time loss of our service. I am paying for channels that I am not getting. I entered in to a contract and was told if I cancel there will be a cancellation fee. Direct Tv is not honoring there end of the deal.

Awesome, another Direct Tv customer who has NEVER READ YOUR CUSTOMER AGREEMENT!!!! I'll be sooo glad when this mess is over so I can stop reading all this *** about "contracts" and "lawsuits".

Directv- no Comedy Central

So Directv is under negotiations with Viacom. Why can't I watch any channel while you negotiate? I am still paying for your service. I'm not a happy customer. I am paying your high price to watch tv, but yet you shut off my channels without telling me! Maybe I won't pay your bill. This is only the latest channel that Directv has shutdown - Viacom is not only Comedy Central, but several others. What happened to the customer is always right? Is there a better alternative out there? I HAVE TO DO 100 WORDS, BUT I AM ONLY AT 90!

Great idea. stop paying monthly bill, i just cancelled autopay!

Review

Directv in Phoenix, Arizona - Ok, get this. Direct TV says don't believe Viacom's Lies.

I just read "THE PROMISE" from Direct concerning the channels that are no longer available to it's consumers. They say that they are giving us 8 Encore and 2 Mixed channels to balance out our cost for the channels taken from us. I would say that Direct TV is doing exactly the same thing Viacom is doing, not giving the Consumer a choice. I also say that this is also a political move since the channels taken are mostly watched by the Minority Community. One of the shows I like to watch is called Sunday's Best. It is a seasonal show which comes on BET in the Summer. Get this....BET isnt even mentioned in "THE PROMISE" by Direct. I don't care about Encore nor do I have children at home to watch mixed channels! I beleive that Direct TV should get it right with Viacom or refund monies back to those who do not fit into the catagory they have created. They are patronizing us and think we (the consumer) is *** because from what I read it seems like this is gonna last all Summer.

Direct t v is doing the same thing that they claim viacom is doing. they have switched my local channels around so that now I have no local choice. :grin

Yes, they "took away" minority viewed channels as a political move just to screw with the black community. Are you kidding me?

Since when did DIRECTV have anything to do with which cable channels are owned by Viacom?!? And besides BET, what Viacom channels do you consider to be primarily viewed by the minority community?

Ridiculous. :roll :roll

View more comments (1)
Review

Directv in Atlanta, Georgia - Mad as *** about missing TV shows I watch!

Ok Direct TV I understand both sides of this issue however it is affecting your customers a lot of people are discussing leaving you. I have been a loyal customer since 2006 with you guys and for the first time I'm looking into getting someone else for TV servicces. The president of the company needs to just *** the bullet and accept the offer they have gave him that is less than the original offer. We as customers are caught between two grown men argument. They are acting like children who can't get there way. If either side is willing to compromise how do you ever expect to resolve the issue and I personally thank the two are forgetting what's most important which is us the CUSTOMERS!!!! Fix this issue fast and in a hurry! I am missing my shows and feel inconvenice!
Tags