When I first decided to make my which to direct tv I was asked before I signed the contract that what made you decide on direct tv? I told them I needed something that was going to fit into my budget. I also told them the only channel I needed was E, golf and food network. She gave me a package and I remember asking her many times to validate the price and package for the channels I wanted. Well once installation was done I couldn't access the golf channel so when I called back they told me I had to choose one of the premium upgrade. I was furious, I explained to the manager that when I first signed up I specifically asked if the packages that fit into my package had the golf channel and she clearly stated yes otherwise I would of been aware. Manager told me there's nothing he can do unless I want to upgrade my service... Wtf no it does not fit in my budget. I hung up and filed a complaint, got a call back from a nice gentleman stating that what he can do is give me 1 yr of the premium package without extra charge. I agreed and it was fine. I remember when I first signed up it came with the NFL Sunday tickets and I made sure to cancel that because I do not watch football. Well after about 1 year being with direct tv I've notice an increase in my statement. As I finally looked at the breakdown I realized I've been billed for the NFL Sunday tickets that I thought I cancelled. Spoke to customer service and he transferred my called stating they can remove the package and credit my account. When I was transfer the rep told me as of sept 21, they are no longer able to remove it from my account. She then told me it auto renew??!?! Are you f**** kidding me? So I cancel it to begin with, never renew it and DIRECT TV AUTO RENEWS NFL SUNDAY TICKETS and I've been charged for the past 4 months!!!! That is f**** ridiculous!!!! Obviously a way to scam customers because they said they sent an email making me aware of this. I DONT F***** WATCH FOOTBALL, I didn't renew it!!! DIRECT TV AUTO RENEWED IT AND I GET SCREWED AN EXTRA 39.99$ MONTH?!?! That is not within my budget and I feel completely misleaded!!!! Is this what you call customer satisfaction?!?!!! I am enraged with anger as I wanted to cancel account I would be charge $456.44!!! This is complete BS, I will never refer a friend or anyone as I will continue to tell everyone how much of a scam
DIRECT TV IS!!!!!!
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor customer service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- I want to cancel my account with a 0 balance
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Channel Package
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I'd rather go to the dentist than have Direct TVThe sytestem IS NOT user friendly and the support system is inadequateClouds come picture goesEven the installation was inadequate Notice the..."
- "Well, I just got off the phone with DirecTV after spending about 4 hours in total this week trying to secure the NFL Sunday Ticket in any way possible. I'm..."
- "I HATE DIRECTV.. Its sprinkling out and i get this (see pic).. 2hrs without service. And their customer service is the worst. But here I sit locked into a contract...."
- "I have recently rented a u-haul truck and had a miserable experience throughout the entire process. I have already filed a complaint through the customer service number and spoke with..."
- "In Oct 2012they did liposuction and we are in 2014 and have bad results I have sinking spots like potholes.. my husband says they messed up my stomach. he..."
- "We have a 2014, 90,000 Dutchmen Voltage that has mold, mildew, and termites due to the numerous water leak issues. We have 25 service records. Dutchmen does not return..."
- "A few weeks ago, I purchased a pair of MK snakeskin slip-on sneakers. The store did not have my size, so the woman assisting me ordered the correct size to..."
- "Short story; been with Geico 20+ years w/out a ticket or accident. Got a DUI, was told I had to increase my insurance coverage. Fine; I was wrong so I..."
- "RUN RUN RUN 2 weeks turned to 6. and still not done they ordered the wrong tub and order the same $33 ceiling fan (a request was made to upgrade from the..."