Directv - A very enraged customer!!!!!

2680 of 7063 Directv reviews

When I first decided to make my which to direct tv I was asked before I signed the contract that what made you decide on direct tv? I told them I needed something that was going to fit into my budget. I also told them the only channel I needed was E, golf and food network. She gave me a package and I remember asking her many times to validate the price and package for the channels I wanted. Well once installation was done I couldn't access the golf channel so when I called back they told me I had to choose one of the premium upgrade. I was furious, I explained to the manager that when I first signed up I specifically asked if the packages that fit into my package had the golf channel and she clearly stated yes otherwise I would of been aware. Manager told me there's nothing he can do unless I want to upgrade my service... Wtf no it does not fit in my budget. I hung up and filed a complaint, got a call back from a nice gentleman stating that what he can do is give me 1 yr of the premium package without extra charge. I agreed and it was fine. I remember when I first signed up it came with the NFL Sunday tickets and I made sure to cancel that because I do not watch football. Well after about 1 year being with direct tv I've notice an increase in my statement. As I finally looked at the breakdown I realized I've been billed for the NFL Sunday tickets that I thought I cancelled. Spoke to customer service and he transferred my called stating they can remove the package and credit my account. When I was transfer the rep told me as of sept 21, they are no longer able to remove it from my account. She then told me it auto renew??!?! Are you f**** kidding me? So I cancel it to begin with, never renew it and DIRECT TV AUTO RENEWS NFL SUNDAY TICKETS and I've been charged for the past 4 months!!!! That is f**** ridiculous!!!! Obviously a way to scam customers because they said they sent an email making me aware of this. I DONT F***** WATCH FOOTBALL, I didn't renew it!!! DIRECT TV AUTO RENEWED IT AND I GET SCREWED AN EXTRA 39.99$ MONTH?!?! That is not within my budget and I feel completely misleaded!!!! Is this what you call customer satisfaction?!?!!! I am enraged with anger as I wanted to cancel account I would be charge $456.44!!! This is complete BS, I will never refer a friend or anyone as I will continue to tell everyone how much of a scam

DIRECT TV IS!!!!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Channel Package
Review category
Telecommunications
review #546474

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Directv? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 1 No 1
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
2680 of 7063 Directv reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 18, 2015 #1009007

Directv is awful service, period. Installer had to use my ladder to instal the dish, he did not have one. Throughout the 7 or so years I've had the service, it either freezes or goes completely out ~30-40% of the time. Can't wait till I build a new home that will have access to regular cable tv and get rid of this ripoff of a service that charges way over 100 bucks a month for me to watch a total of 3 channels.

1 0 Reply
Connie

Dec 25, 2014 #920913 Dallas, Texas, United States

I am sure DirectV will not miss you because they have to many other thing's to do out side of worry about one lost person.You people alway's are trying to get something for nothing.WTF.

1 2 Reply

Nov 20, 2014 #903349

Next time you call immediately ask to speak with the retention department, tell them you are going to cancel your services bc of this, they will do almost anything you want to keep your business. You could even take it a step further and tell them you are switching to some other provider in your area bc they offered you the premium package at X amount, 6 months of movie package channels and a visa gift card for X amount and more and more than likely they will offer you something equivalent.

1 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.